AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 01:09   Link #401
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Well since it was being built as a replacement for the World Trade Center over Ground Zero after the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attack, even though it had nothing to do with freedom, the name did have meaning.
It still doesn't change the fact that such name would have been attached to a financial center, which isn't really a wise idea. Anyway, this is no place for this discussion, so let's get back to the show.
Old 2009-04-19, 01:19   Link #402
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Freebies~

Number 7 please. Thanks~
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 01:54   Link #403
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
No one ever said it was one missile per hole. In fact, it's implied that that it's a salvo, since apparently one of them missed and hit a plane.
I think it impossible to drive in two or more missiles to the same point.
The 11th attack is a parking lot of the Tokyo Harumi wharf.
The range which is burning is about 1400 feet in diameter.
The 11th crater is hidden in smoke and its size is unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Oh, I forgot... one more thing... can Japanese cell phones really be used for paying for stuff, like using a credit card?
Although IC chip and the leader are built in my cellular phone and notebook PC, I have never used.
In Edy which is the most famous electronic money, the amount of maximum charge is $500.
Probably, the electronic money which can charge $100 million does not exist anywhere.

Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 01:56   Link #404
Hikari no Clover

finally finished ep.2
i love the scene taht they are on the dock,so romantic
i reckon this series would be the best of this spring,my opinion
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 02:29   Link #405
JediNight
キズランダム

Assuming they ever get the damn thing built. They've been dragging their feet on the design plans and building it for years now.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:23   Link #406
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
It's certainly been awhile since I've been this impressed by an anime series. There's just so much to like, from the characters' on screen chemistry, to the excellent artwork and animation, as well as a boatload of plot potential that's just hitting all the right spots. It also helps that the soundtrack has been stellar so far and with Kenji Kawai behind it, that's no surprise.

Can't think of any series that I'm looking forwards to watching more of this season.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 08:05   Link #407
Azure_Peregrine
Film Student

Send a message via AIM to Azure_Peregrine
Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
As regard to number 12, those examples are not what I would call perfection. The tribes of Israel were constantly fighting that they were divided and conquered by neighboring nations. One of the 12 disciples also happen to betray Jesus. I don't think these can be considered as 'perfection'. Maybe that's what the anime is going for, conflict or rivalry among the twelve agents. Just my 2 cents.
You're absolutely right about the tribes, but there are other examples of twelve being good - for instance, 12 apostles. Yes, the last one betrayed Jesus, but they replaced Judas afterward and 12 seemed to stick.
Azure_Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 08:11   Link #408
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Again, great production values, but the story just doesn't seem to connect yet...

I mean, they put EVERYTHING on a backburner with the whole memory loss thing, which was convenient to begin with and now they're going to drag it out through the whole story if they want to. And the requisite mass-media-mystery that stays a mystery without any type of panic or reckoning by the public? That is just silly.. A MISSILE ATTACK THAT TAKES OUT ENTIRE CITY BLOCKS? HELLO?

Also, where is that romantic connection coming from? So the girl sees a guy naked and she gets interested in his weird situation and it all starts getting all romantically moody? That is just as unnatural as it gets. The actual romance scenes were nice, but the way it came to that was just sheer nonsense to me..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 09:06   Link #409
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking Tottaly Sold

I watched this show yesterday I must say one hella of a good show . It made a wonderful impression on me it was way better than what I had expected . I must say for such a good show there was very little hype and hoopla . Combines all element I love mystery and the survival/lost identity setting is quite intriguing.The element of voyeur comedy adds to the show .

The background score compliments the show and Op has already grown on me ( The song by Oasis was reminiscent of their older album Master Plan ) also visuals in ED are quite eye catching. . I am just sold by one epiode I have to say its my favorite show this season : D
Old 2009-04-19, 09:09   Link #410
Serpit

Quote:
Serpit said:

I think you may be on to something there (good eye!), but I read it a bit differently.

IV connects to IX, then
IV vanishes, then
II connects to IX, then
I connects to X, then
I connects to all the remaining badges with the notable exception of XII (hmmm!), then
V vanishes, then
X vanishes.

I like your theory because we've already seen IV connecting to IX. So next we see if IV vanishes. If this pattern bears out, you will win the Galileo Eagle Eye Award!

Hah, thanks. I just watched it again and you're right, VI vanishes earlier than I remembered. Well, we already know that Akira and Kondo are going to fight next episode, so I bet on Kondo dying.

Another connection we both seem to have overlooked is a line that goes from XII to III, which is the only time XII connects to anyone.
Serpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 09:36   Link #411
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Freebies~

Taking No. X, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Again, great production values, but the story just doesn't seem to connect yet...

I mean, they put EVERYTHING on a backburner with the whole memory loss thing, which was convenient to begin with and now they're going to drag it out through the whole story if they want to. And the requisite mass-media-mystery that stays a mystery without any type of panic or reckoning by the public? That is just silly.. A MISSILE ATTACK THAT TAKES OUT ENTIRE CITY BLOCKS? HELLO?

Also, where is that romantic connection coming from? So the girl sees a guy naked and she gets interested in his weird situation and it all starts getting all romantically moody? That is just as unnatural as it gets. The actual romance scenes were nice, but the way it came to that was just sheer nonsense to me..
While I can see your point about how the romance between Akira and Saki seems a bit ''forced'', we are still on the 2nd episode, and there are barley any hints as to why Akira wiped his memory, and there was some concern from the public about the attack (in the air port and on the train).
Besides, there isn't really any room to drag anything, as there are only 9 more episodes to go from here.
Old 2009-04-19, 09:39   Link #412
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Oh, I forgot... one more thing... can Japanese cell phones really be used for paying for stuff, like using a credit card?
Should be, I've seen it personally on my trip to Japan last year.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:16   Link #413
Serpit

Quote:
Thank you, I'll take number 1 =D
Serpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:41   Link #414
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure_Peregrine View Post
You're absolutely right about the tribes, but there are other examples of twelve being good - for instance, 12 apostles. Yes, the last one betrayed Jesus, but they replaced Judas afterward and 12 seemed to stick.
Yeah, you got a point. However I think the series is portraying the 12 'saviors' as anything but good.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:42   Link #415
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Freebies~

]
Dibs on number 6.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:57   Link #416
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Maybe this just isn't my kind of thing anymore, and I am just getting old and fuddy-duddy and stupid
Nah, I'm way ahead of you on that front, wao, except for the "stupid" part. I don't think that adjective applies to either of us.

I'm still pretty mixed about this show as well. So far I've enjoyed the characterization but thought the plot was just too ridiculous for words.

Missiles fall into the center of a major world capital and cause (1) no civilian casualties and (2) no widespread panic? Someone appears outside the White House waving a revolver (and naked, though that's actually less pertinent) and isn't carted away by dozens of security personnel? I don't think so.

I suppose one could point to 9/11 in contrast and say, "see no panic there," but I don't think the situations are comparable at all. The origins of the 9/11 attacks were well known; in Eden we've yet to hear why any of this took place. Moreover, I'm sure the US Air Force has well-developed plans to handle any future airliners-into-building scenarios. Defending against a missile attack is still pretty much an impossibility.

I guess it's Ristorante Paradiso and Chi's New Address for me. At least they have some contact with the real world I live in. I'll probably still watch Eden because there's so little else worth watching these days, but if I'm interested in a fantasy show, I'd rather watch Erin.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 11:26   Link #417
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Meh, I hope gg does a v2 of the first ep, even though they said they won't.
Zarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 11:48   Link #418
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Missiles fall into the center of a major world capital and cause (1) no civilian casualties and (2) no widespread panic? Someone appears outside the White House waving a revolver (and naked, though that's actually less pertinent) and isn't carted away by dozens of security personnel? I don't think so.
Maybe Juiz is orchestrating it (missile attacks) on orders of another Selecao and 9 has to stop that one. It does make for an interesting mystery. Not everyone's interpretation of "saving the world" is the same. Those Selecao aren't saints either.

Having Oasis doing the OP was a good choice as "Falling Down" strikes a chord and fits with the title.

If I was Saki, I would have gotten into that cart at the airport too if it meant getting out of the airport in less than 5 minutes instead of over 1 hour.

Perhaps Saki is the type that believes in love at first sight (an impulsive type) and Akira being so in need of looking after (he's moe) are reasons why she easily fell for Akira.
Old 2009-04-19, 12:00   Link #419
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My reaction so far: ... ... ... say what?

Wonderful character design and animation, but the story events????? Um, yeah..... o.O
I suppose we're supposed to think, "isn't this amazing and mysterious????" :P

Probably not a keeper for the season.
Old 2009-04-19, 12:15   Link #420
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Maybe it's the cellphone but I'm getting weird GitS vibes for some reason. The first 2 episodes have definitely got me hooked on this, and the fact that I haven't heard Falling Down in a long time certainly helps.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, spy thriller