AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-08, 16:00   Link #1601
bombyethan1000

^what site are you talking about specifically that was created a few days ago
Old 2010-07-09, 21:43   Link #1602
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

Hopefully this Yuki statue is the first of a Shoushitsu series. I'd love to see Alt!Haruhi and Asakura get their own ones as well.

Also, wow that BluRay is expensive. Hopefully copies will be out on YJA later for a lesser price.
Old 2010-07-09, 21:52   Link #1603
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
Hopefully this Yuki statue is the first of a Shoushitsu series. I'd love to see Alt!Haruhi and Asakura get their own ones as well.

Also, wow that BluRay is expensive. Hopefully copies will be out on YJA later for a lesser price.
Kyoto Animation is going through the K-On! girls as well, so the figures may be interspersed between the two series.

The total price for the DVDs with the included material is 109,200 yen for the limited editions and 93,200 yen for the regular editions (retail prices). You at least get 60% off the regular editions by getting the Blu-Ray version.

Also added without any big notice were the "Taniguchi Goes!" segments to the set. All 8 segments are included.

Also something interesting from 2ch. In one of the Lucky Racer videos on the Kadokawa Youtube Channel, they announced a quiz on the website. If you got the questions right, you were entered into a raffle to get a prize. A couple of posters won the raffle and got some very wonderful gifts:

Yes, actual displays that were used in theatres all around Japan during the first run of the movie. Nice, but big! The art poster is 144 x 100 cm according to the 2ch poster.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-09 at 22:22.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:14   Link #1604
boredandlazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Also added without any big notice were the "Taniguchi Goes!" segments to the set. All 8 segments are included.
I hope the extras will also have english subs, but I kinda doubt it...
Old 2010-07-10, 08:57   Link #1605
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Japan sure loves their Endless Eight

That's a list of the bestsellers, I assume?
Old 2010-07-10, 10:37   Link #1606
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Japan sure loves their Endless Eight

That's a list of the bestsellers, I assume?
That is a list of the best selling items in all of DVD/Blu-Ray since the 7th in Japan. The Box set was listed on Amazon Japan at 07:00 and ranked 238th. It went to 35 at 08:00, 4 at 09:00 and arrived at number 1 at 10:00 and stayed there since. They refresh the rankings every hour and it's remained there. This site has been cataloging the rankings of items on Amazon Japan and is where I got that information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post
I hope the extras will also have english subs, but I kinda doubt it...
The original DVDs did not have subtitles on the extras. I don't believe these will have them either.

Old 2010-07-10, 10:56   Link #1607
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The original DVDs did not have subtitles on the extras. I don't believe these will have them either.
They could use the subtitles of the US release but this is only wishful thinking . Like Pony Canyon did for the Clannad and Kanon BD episodes.
Old 2010-07-11, 07:28   Link #1608
Bri

The Blu-ray set is a bargain in terms of Japanese edition boxed sets (yes, it's expensive when compared to licensed works). Preordered one already at Amazon. Wonder how they manage to offer it at 25% off compared to other vendors.

The Yuki statue looks awesome. I haven't dealt with the Kyoani store before. Do they ship abroad or are we talking proxy buyers or ebay if I want to get one? Yuki hasn't had much luck with figures. The only good looking model so far imo has been the Maxfactory 1/8.
Old 2010-07-11, 13:02   Link #1609
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

Wow, the Amazon.jp Haruhi-chan Blu Ray is going on sale 10,779 Yen. That's a really good price.
Old 2010-07-11, 21:09   Link #1610
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
The Blu-ray set is a bargain in terms of Japanese edition boxed sets (yes, it's expensive when compared to licensed works). Preordered one already at Amazon. Wonder how they manage to offer it at 25% off compared to other vendors.

The Yuki statue looks awesome. I haven't dealt with the Kyoani store before. Do they ship abroad or are we talking proxy buyers or ebay if I want to get one? Yuki hasn't had much luck with figures. The only good looking model so far imo has been the Maxfactory 1/8.
Amazon Japan likely orders from the distributor in Japan and can sell at a lower price than other stores. For your other question, the KyoAni store only ships to Japan, so you'll have to use a middleman service to purchase the figure.

For new news, I've had to hold off on announcing this for a couple of weeks to get solid proof, but it's finally up. As you may know, at the end of this month a new "Haruhi Suzumiya Illustrations" art book will be released. That book will cover Spring and Summer. On September 28th, the art book covering the fall and winter seasons will be released. HMV has put up their page and is accepting pre-orders. This will have illustrations from the movie as well. It'll be 150 pages and is 1890 yen.

Old 2010-07-16, 07:58   Link #1611
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Sorry again for double-posting, but I have some news regarding the Blu-Ray box set. On the Amazon ranking site I mentioned earlier, the set has been ranked number 1 every hour since 10:00 on 7/7 with one exception of 3 hours earlier today when it was number 2. It's still back at number 1. We're quickly approaching 10 days since it was available and it's still topping the charts. The numbers for this are going to be very interesting. I haven't seen a Japanese version anime Blu-Ray box set top over 10,000 sold so this may be the first one. (If there has been one, let me know and I shall be corrected)

In additional news, Kyoto Animation finally put up their shop page for the set. Normally the discount at Amazon is enough that KyoAni's special favor isn't worth it, but this time they are offering a mini cel that will be revealed later. Their cels are 15,000 yen apiece, which happens to more than cover the normal Amazon discount.

And I'd like to offer my apologies for spreading incorrect information. The "Taniguchi goes" segments that are on the BD set are not the ones included on the 2009 Limited edition DVDs (or the DVD compilation released in September). The listings state "Taniguchi goes! A new Journey of Mysterious Discoveries" which would indicate new segments.

Old 2010-07-16, 14:07   Link #1612
Commissar
Thought Policeman

There is probably a good reason why this BD set is cheaper than expected. From what I understand, season 1 was not animated in native HD resolutions. It was animated in standard resolution. Consequently, at least half the episodes in this BD box will actually be an upconvert. Season 2 was animated in native HD. The price is probably reflecting this, rather than any sense of charity from the producers/distributors (Come on, we're talking Japan here).

Depending on how they author the first season, it may not look any better than the DVD being upscaled by Blu-ray player with a really good upscaler. Personally I have a blu-ray player with an outstanding upscale chip and the season 1 DVDs look pretty good. It doesn't look HD of course, but still look good. I'm guessing the DVDs were also authored pretty well which helps in the upconvert.
Old 2010-07-19, 08:57   Link #1613
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://www.play-asia.com

has 2 new figs up for pre-order!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-49-en-70-3rcf.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3rce.html
Old 2010-07-22, 07:40   Link #1614
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Just a quick update on sales for the BD Box set. Amazon Japan has a wonderful feature that will let you sort the overall sales by week, month, or even year.

This lets us see that the BD Box has reached Amazon's 25th overall spot for the year in just over 3 weeks of sales. Most of that time it was the top selling DVD/Blu-Ray in the store (dropped to 2nd on the 19th, then 3rd on the 21st, and then 5th on the 22nd to the present). The lower price seems to be aiding a lot of sales from Amazon. Once again it'll be very interesting to see the final sale numbers for this set in three months.

Edit: LISTING UPDATED! On both the official Fansite Listing and the Kadokawa listing (scroll all the way down), they list the following under audio:
リニアPCM STEREO(日本語・英語)
Linear PCM STEREO (Japanese・English)
Could this possibly include the dub?

Secondly, the official listing has added the 8 Making of clips from the 2006 DVDs and the Special Hare Hare Yukai TV size ending clip to the bonus disc.

Thirdly, the Kadokawa listing has a release date of 11/26/2010 now. No online retailer nor the fansite has changed the sale date yet.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-22 at 08:55.
Old 2010-07-22, 10:25   Link #1615
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Figma ADULT Mikuru

Old 2010-07-23, 01:12   Link #1616
ueXia

Er.. uhm ..
I've been wondering this for years.

Where do I buy the awesome light novels? The english translated ones? I've seen an Amazon site but they're not numbered and I get hella confused.

A little bit offtopic but ..which series also has its light novels translated? Like Haruhi!?
Old 2010-07-23, 01:58   Link #1617
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Er.. uhm ..
I've been wondering this for years.

Where do I buy the awesome light novels? The english translated ones? I've seen an Amazon site but they're not numbered and I get hella confused.
First is Melancholy, then Sigh and most recently Boredom. Disappearance should be out before Christmas, but someone else better confirm that. (By the way, years? Melancholy only came out about 18 months ago.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
A little bit offtopic but ..which series also has its light novels translated? Like Haruhi!?
I don't know, really. Aside from Haruhi, there aren't a lot of light novels that sell well in the west. For instance, Seven Seas halted production of the Strawberry Panic novels after volume 2 because it didn't make all that much profit and the recession forced them to make cutbacks. Therefor it's extremely rare to find them these days (I've seen volume 2 on Amazon asking for a few hundred USD just yesterday).
Old 2010-07-23, 02:47   Link #1618
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
I hear that the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is coming out sometime of November of this year (or so I've heard). But what kind of frustrates me, is that we are just got novel 3 (The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya) last July, and yet Japan actually released novel 9 (The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya) in April 2007! And now number 10 (The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya) is on the way, while we're barely getting to the fourth novel!

Man, we're kinda behind. I understand that it takes a while, but it'll be quite a few years at this rate before we'll be able to see new light novels. I realize it takes patience to wait so as being able to truly appreciate the joys of the works of Nagaru Tanigawa, but...
Old 2010-07-23, 07:14   Link #1619
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Notice from the SOS Brigade

We had planned to release "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Blu-Ray Complete Box" on October 22nd, but the process of editing, tweeking the images, etc were more of a hassle than we had expected. I had thought the process of converting to Blu-Ray would be troublesome, but even the instructions were a hassle.

I could only say that Kyon's expectation was optomistic.

So we conclude that it'll be approximately one month longer than expected for the release. Somehow while working day and night, a miracle may come from Kyon. However, since we all feel this isn't an ordinary postponement, we'll prepare some additional special benefits. I'll report when these are decided.

-SOS Brigade Leader: Haruhi Suzumiya

What?!!! After all the work I do usually at school and around the world, you're pushing the work of everyone on me when I can't even take a breath?!

Regardless of if I follow your plans like usual or not, it'll be done in just a little while. It's inexcuseable. Wait, what's this about extra benefits? Why didn't I hear about this?! OI!

-SOS Brigade oldest member: Kyon
Those were posted on the official fansite and Kyoto Animation's Haruhi website today. A little bit of humor to go along with the delay.

In other news, Amazon has finally posted the cover art for the Spring Summer Illustrations artbook:

You should be able to pick out the Endless Eight flyer art (Haruhi center), Tomare! cover art (top right) Juice art (middle right) Tanzaku postcard art (Haruhi bottom right), Kyon art from an issue of Newtype (bottom), Yuki art from Megumi iirc (bottom left), and the Yuki art from Newtype last year (middle left). I don't remember the Kyon and Koizumi art in the bottom left, Mikuru at center right, or the Mikuru and Tsuruya art at the top left.

Edit: Also the Chara-ani store announced their special favor for the box set. It will be a special cloth poster with art drawn by Ito-Sensei. Sample below:

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-23 at 07:47.
Old 2010-07-23, 11:02   Link #1620
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
First is Melancholy, then Sigh and most recently Boredom. Disappearance should be out before Christmas, but someone else better confirm that. (By the way, years? Melancholy only came out about 18 months ago.)

I don't know, really. Aside from Haruhi, there aren't a lot of light novels that sell well in the west. For instance, Seven Seas halted production of the Strawberry Panic novels after volume 2 because it didn't make all that much profit and the recession forced them to make cutbacks. Therefor it's extremely rare to find them these days (I've seen volume 2 on Amazon asking for a few hundred USD just yesterday).
Ohh I see, thanks for the heads-up.
But .. I still don't know where to buy them! I don't have any of them so
Closed Thread