AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-14, 17:13   Link #81
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
I like this. Sora does look pretty different but it's kinda hard to look at caps like these and not get excited. And I never noticed it in the game CGs, but the male protagonist looks pretty good too... I guess he kinda has to if they're twins.
Old 2010-08-14, 17:31   Link #82
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Wow, now that's certainly not a design change I was expecting at all. As far as I'm concerned, I'm rather wondering how it will look like when animated but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Regarding the character designs, I think people may be despairing a bit too early. I think we'll have to wait and see how it looks in motion.
I dunno for everyone else, but the design itself isn't bad or so. I'm more concerned about the expressions shown there and so forth (of course, the number of screencaps is rather low, but the cover etc pretty much give the "vibes" of it).
I don't expect anything closely similar to Suzuhira's design (after all, we got far worse, like Shuffle), but I'm more... affected by the noticeable shift of the "visual" mood.

While I can see why Sora was "matured" like that, I wonder about Kazuha and Akira drastic change. Hopefully, they won't do anything funny with their personality, or it will lead to some... weird result.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:43   Link #83
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The anime character design is slightly modified compared to the visual novel, even Hiro Suzuhira design.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:48   Link #84
_eternal
anthem core

Come to think of it, here's a question for anyone familiar with the VN: who did most of the character designs, Hiro Suzuhira or Hashimoto Takashi? They're both listed as the main artists so I'm not sure. I find it odd that Suzuhira is involved since I usually think of Shuffle every time I see one of her designs, and I don't get that feeling from this game at all.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:21   Link #85
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was always wondering but... when the TL wiki went down did the translation effort for this stall at some point or did it simply stop? I was planning on getting the VN when the translation finishes but AFAIK only the common route and one character route was finished, not including the sex scenes and some other stuff.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 11:57   Link #86
Fate/Tsukihime

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ETERNAL View Post
Come to think of it, here's a question for anyone familiar with the VN: who did most of the character designs, Hiro Suzuhira or Hashimoto Takashi? They're both listed as the main artists so I'm not sure. I find it odd that Suzuhira is involved since I usually think of Shuffle every time I see one of her designs, and I don't get that feeling from this game at all.
I think that quite easy to recognize. Yup, it's Hashimoto Takashi who did most of character design while Hiro only did Kazuha and Motoka. To tell the truth, I do not enjoy Hiro's art style because the characters always look similar.

Back to the anime, those screenshots keep telling me that this anime will fail if they concentrate too much on fan service and forget about romance stuffs.

Last edited by Fate/Tsukihime; 2010-08-15 at 12:18.
Fate/Tsukihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 12:29   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I was always wondering but... when the TL wiki went down did the translation effort for this stall at some point or did it simply stop? I was planning on getting the VN when the translation finishes but AFAIK only the common route and one character route was finished, not including the sex scenes and some other stuff.
The project was dropped. The studio contacted the translation group to request them to stop working on their game.
Old 2010-08-15, 13:04   Link #88
_eternal
anthem core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate/Tsukihime View Post
I think that quite easy to recognize. Yup, it's Hashimoto Takashi who did most of character design while Hiro only did Kazuha and Motoka. To tell the truth, I do not enjoy Hiro's art style because the characters always look similar.
Ah, thanks. That's been bugging me for a while now.

Quote:
The project was dropped. The studio contacted the translation group to request them to stop working on their game.
Hmm... you might be right, but I also saw this.
Old 2010-08-15, 13:53   Link #89
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I read the first 5 manga chapters on Mangafox and the story was so sad.
Old 2010-08-15, 14:16   Link #90
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate/Tsukihime View Post
Yahiro was designed by Suzuhira.
But yeah, her design is sort of a bit too similar, though in Yosuga they at least look quite different from each other (unlike a certain Nishimata )
Old 2010-08-15, 19:31   Link #91
Mazryonh

About one of the seiyuus on this show

I was poking around for info on one of the voice actresses for this upcoming show, Ryoko Tanaka, who voices Yahiro Ifukube. I thought that given her range (go listen to her voice sample on the Yosuga No Sora anime website, then listen to her performance as Hinata Kagura here) she should really be getting more mainstream anime work.

After searching for her Japanese name (田中涼子) in google, a lot of strange things turned up, especially for images. Is she an AV Idol or something? Is that why she doesn't get more mainstream anime voice work rather than eroge and ero-anime?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 20:43   Link #92
type-R!

She did a good job on the fundisk, she even kept her cool during the h-scenes
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 20:53   Link #93
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I was poking around for info on one of the voice actresses for this upcoming show, Ryoko Tanaka, who voices Yahiro Ifukube. I thought that given her range (go listen to her voice sample on the Yosuga No Sora anime website, then listen to her performance as Hinata Kagura here) she should really be getting more mainstream anime work.

After searching for her Japanese name (田中涼子) in google, a lot of strange things turned up, especially for images. Is she an AV Idol or something? Is that why she doesn't get more mainstream anime voice work rather than eroge and ero-anime?
I think those are different people.

But yea, her voice range is AWESOME, but I enjoy her Tomoyo work the most, xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 00:46   Link #94
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
She did a good job on the fundisk, she even kept her cool during the h-scenes
Is the fun disk called Haruka no Sora?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 04:12   Link #95
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Yes. You don't call fun disk, but fan disc.
Old 2010-08-16, 04:15   Link #96
Fate/Tsukihime

Quote:
Yes, it is. The fandisk also feature "Futari" sung by Sora. Her voice is just sooo cute. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yahiro was designed by Suzuhira.
But yeah, her design is sort of a bit too similar, though in Yosuga they at least look quite different from each other (unlike a certain Nishimata )
Oh really? Since Yahiro is not my type so I didn't pay much attention on her.
Fate/Tsukihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 06:19   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ETERNAL View Post
Hmm... you might be right, but I also saw this.
I wouldn't trust people's claim so readily. All I know if that the wiki removed all files after getting C&D, so "officially" the project is dead.
Old 2010-08-16, 23:42   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Yes. You don't call fun disk, but fan disc.
Not that it really matters, but just for the record, it's Haruka na Sora (title is story-relevant to the original game), and it does actually say "Yosuga No Sora Fun Disk" right on the box, in English. Or should I say, Engrish...
Old 2010-08-19, 02:35   Link #99
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

*Unfortunately, last few mins of the video were cut, so some scenes as shown in the image weren't there in the vid.

Not sure if its a real PV or not, but its too good to say its a fan made. Just love the BGM played during the whole video, simply 10/10 for the music part. And Hiro Shimono is doing great there with his voice. Animation wise --> fantastic.. studio feel is doin great there in animating the background.

Now my last hope after watching the video is that... the video isn't fake. But as said, truly impossible to believe that its a fan made or fake after watching all the goodness in the vid .. can't help but fallin in love with the series.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 03:44   Link #100
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post

*Unfortunately, last few mins of the video were cut, so some scenes as shown in the image weren't there in the vid.
Because the video is considered innapropriate ? I'm going to see the naked sex scene in the official website !!

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation