AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-07, 07:59   Link #2221
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
So do I. But regardless, MBS is definitely not getting any points with the target audience.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 08:16   Link #2222
xizro345
King's Justice

And I doubt they care, at this time.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 08:30   Link #2223
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I knows Sankaku is bunch of trolls anyway, but i actually found it's hilarious when reading back on how they said 2010 Winter anime (which includes Madoka) "lacking originality"
Old 2011-04-07, 08:35   Link #2224
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I knows Sankaku is bunch of trolls anyway, but i actually found it's hilarious when reading back on how they said 2010 Winter anime (which includes Madoka) "lacking originality"
Madoka's not even part of the 2010 Winter anime 'cus it's actually part of the 2011 Winter anime.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 16:08   Link #2225
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

im having my doubts about madoka beign hold back for its depiction of a destroyed city, after all MBS transmitted ep 22 and 23 of to aru majutsu index 2 that also depicted parts of a city destroyed(specially ep 22 that was the day after the earthquake), maybe its because they dont want to(probably) depress people with a sad ending after the events of the earthquake, not mentioning the other one they had today.
Old 2011-04-07, 20:39   Link #2226
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ The problem is that Madoka Magica was having a lot of issues even before earthquake. There were a lot of consumer complaints submitted against Madoka due to its shocking depiction of Mahou Shoujo genre, which might trick some viewers.

Of course, this entire 'MBS being jerk' is bullshit.
Old 2011-04-07, 21:55   Link #2227
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I'm not a psychology expert. But i expected showing a depressed situation following by a light of hope should be able to cheer people up, shouldn't it?
Maybe not for the victims and their families themselves, but for those observers who are lucky enough to be outside of the quake zones

But then the issue is too sensitive to discuss so i'm better to stop there
Old 2011-04-07, 22:35   Link #2228
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Of course, this entire 'MBS being jerk' is bullshit.
Let me defend everyone else. The fault lies with either MBS, Shaft, or some of both parties. I would like to believe MBS gave Shaft the decision to air Madoka. By Shaft, I mean Shinbo, with some input from the other staff members.

However, Shinbo and Urobuchi are unafraid of controversy. Shinbo would air episode 11 if everyone in Madoka's hometown died of an earthquake, and vigorously defend his scriptwriter's script to the death. (Yamakan would join him.)

The one likely refusing to take risk is MBS. As an established Japanese television network, they have much more to lose from earthquake insensitivity outrage. Urobuchi's justification - "rough animation" - is becoming less and less likely as the coming weeks pass. (Then again, I never trust anything he says on Twitter.)

Madoka is the only anime of Winter 2010 to be placed on indefinite hiatus immediately following the earthquake. Episode 11 must have some very controversial scenes.

Of course, Shinbo may also be responsible for abstaining from airing Madoka. If he ran his own studio, then Shinbo would air Madoka immediately. However, as MBS is owned by someone else, Shinbo is being considerate of his employer.

I have yet to see Bakemonogatari, but it seems the first 12 episodes were aired on time. The remaining three were aired online, supposedly due to the 12 episode anime season. Unlike the Internet, a television network cannot wait for half a year... MBS will either air Madoka within the next month, or drop it altogether for an Internet release.

The last thing Shinbo wants is another Bakemonogatari scenario, so he should be the one pushing hardest for Madoka to be aired. However, all of his influence seems to be overruled by MBS, and the viewers will likely see Madoka as an ONA (original net animation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
1. Urobuchi said that he was tormenting himself, EDITED: "After finishing last episode script, I thought when I saw Heart-Catch precure's beautiful story-line, 'is my heart really that dirty, ". From his way of saying, bad ending is almost inevitable.
Sigh... what is this man saying! Comparing the greatness of his writing to, of all shows, Heartcatch Pretty Cure? Well, at least we know he is fully aware of the magical girl genre now.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 00:15   Link #2229
zato_1one

http://green-oval.net/cgi-board.pl/a...5087#p47752280

If this is true then it means that Madoka was really on the verge of being cancelled.
Old 2011-04-08, 01:03   Link #2230
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Well this stuff about Madoka almost being cancelled made me look at Urobuchi's tweets. I find it hilarious that he also plays the flash game where you're Kyubey making contracts. It seems his highest score is 109480.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 02:16   Link #2231
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i dunno what i'll do if madoka magica gets cancelled for good. TT___TT
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 02:55   Link #2232
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
And I doubt they care, at this time.
They may have a point, too. Business relationships and reputation are what they should care about, but as to audience, especially the global Internet-based one... Admit it: many here are raging at MBS now, but once/if they do air the episodes, the reaction will be "Sheesh, should have done that long ago" - and the case will be closed at that.

Quote:
I think it won't. Shaft/Aniplex WILL steer the show out of this predicament, I'm sure of it. As to MBS, we can discuss political correctness and all for ages, but it's not the point actually. If a TV station finds the content too risky for its image and reputation, it's not too uncommon to take it down. The problem with MBS lies not in their refusal to broadcast Madoka, but in their refusal to let go of the show they refuse to broadcast. Then again, I believe an experienced lawyer or two is all it should take to solve the matter eventually.

Last edited by Snork; 2011-04-08 at 03:52.
Old 2011-04-08, 03:10   Link #2233
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Sigh... what is this man saying! Comparing the greatness of his writing to, of all shows, Heartcatch Pretty Cure? Well, at least we know he is fully aware of the magical girl genre now.
I think he's mostly talking about how light and heartwarming PreCure is compared to Madoka which is... well you know. :P Hence the comment about the darkness of his heart etc.
Old 2011-04-08, 03:48   Link #2234
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i hope they decide to air it soon, after all theres a ban coming that is pretty much aimed for animes like this one.
Old 2011-04-08, 05:07   Link #2235
Snork
Twilight lander

^ I thought this ban targeted explicit H-stuff? Apparently there's none of it in Madoka.
Old 2011-04-08, 11:26   Link #2236
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
^ I thought this ban targeted explicit H-stuff? Apparently there's none of it in Madoka.
im not 100% sure but i think it is about any kind of "harm" depicted to minors.
Old 2011-04-08, 11:50   Link #2237
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
im not 100% sure but i think it is about any kind of "harm" depicted to minors.
Are you serious? I must be out of the loop...do you have a link to a site detailing what this entails?
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 13:59   Link #2238
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelmonster View Post
Are you serious? I must be out of the loop...do you have a link to a site detailing what this entails?
Look for "Tokyo Youth Ordinance Bill" in the General Anime forum.

And I doubt this Bill will affect Madoka, as it seems to be more against anything sexual than truly violent. And even then, I'm sure SHAFT would find a way around it without having to compromise much.
Old 2011-04-08, 15:19   Link #2239
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Wahtever you do, don't contract with Kyubey. It's not worth it.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 16:05   Link #2240
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Wahtever you do, don't contract with Kyubey. It's not worth it.
I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist the temptation!
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen