AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 14:56   Link #2441
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I know what you say, but we can't really learn much from images.
As a graphic/video editor, my mind is just screaming "WRONG!!" right now.

Images, like any other medium, convey a lot of information. Just looking at the untranslated raws already tells us the general story of the chapter, like in the latest raw were we get to see more of Ancient Belka, for example.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 16:14   Link #2442
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Of course. Things like manga, anime, etc. are all visual media. We have to see the images and we do can learn more from them but what I mean is that the writing is also an important part and a bad dialogue can kill even the most beautiful drawn mangas. Maybe is not “learn much” as “learning all” what I should have use, my bad. But I still stand by my point there.

On that regard I do want to read and learn what is all about Sieg.
Old 2013-01-08, 16:17   Link #2443
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

If we'll get some scans/translations anytime soon. I've only seen up to 33... I don't even know how many I'm actually behind on.
Old 2013-01-08, 17:09   Link #2444
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I am up to Record 43, spanish translation is just one or two numbers behind the raw scans
Old 2013-01-08, 22:42   Link #2445
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
in the latest raw were we get to see more of Ancient Belka, for example.
More anachronistic stone castles and mounted horses?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:47   Link #2446
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well to be fair most of the time we had a flashback with Olive or Klaus is to a bunch of ruins that kind of look like a battlerfield or a summer hourse for rich people so there is that
Old 2013-01-08, 22:51   Link #2447
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Well to be fair most of the time we had a flashback with Olive or Klaus is to a bunch of ruins that kind of look like a battlerfield or a summer hourse for rich people so there is that
Doesn't so much explain the footsoldiers wielding simple swords and clad in metal armor.

Not one of them looks like a mage, and non-mages can be given better equipment in an era of space-faring battleships.

Hell, by the time ViVid was published, we know the Belkans had robots and one of their enemies had cyber-zombies. Why didn't we see THOSE forces doing battle?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 23:06   Link #2448
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

That is because they are not mage, they are knights and a knight without a horse, a metal armor and medieval looking is a poor want to be, I guess... it really never made much sense to me either

Besides generic battlefields serve to illustrate those are the War Ages, where everyone is in war as the Saint Kaisers want to rebuild the Belkan Empire and everyone else seems to not be in to that.
Old 2013-01-11, 20:39   Link #2449
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
New chapter is out.

For supposedly being intelligent, Vivio is an idiot. "I'll just keep attacking straight on even though she's doing way more damage to me and I'll run out of life at this rate!"
Old 2013-01-11, 21:03   Link #2450
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well to be fair that is how everyone else deals with any opponent they have.
Old 2013-01-11, 21:33   Link #2451
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I meant that she continued attacking at close range and going blow for blow. She should have kept her distance and kept attacking with magic blasts. Plus she's relying far too much on a technique that's outright stated to be incomplete.
Old 2013-01-11, 23:32   Link #2452
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well is not like she didn't give a figth. I will give the manga that much. While I still consider the result of the fight a fail it wasn't as one sided as Einhart's.
Old 2013-01-11, 23:39   Link #2453
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's nitpicking, but I'm kinda disliking this "Fast Draw" name for Miura's attacks. Fast draw is supposed to be the name of when a samurai draws their sword and attacks in the same move. But you can't really draw your arms and legs, since they are already out. Give it a name like "Living Blade" or "Sword Edge" or something. It's late, so I can't think of a better name at the moment.

Anyway, just nitpicking.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 00:23   Link #2454
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Well is not like she didn't give a figth. I will give the manga that much. While I still consider the result of the fight a fail it wasn't as one sided as Einhart's.
Right, but she didn't fight smarter so it's no wonder she lost.
Old 2013-01-12, 01:53   Link #2455
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

We can discuss over that but in the end her lost did come out as something odd. But Kaijo is right, Miura’s attack were kind of funny name when you consider her first opponent was a girl with an actual sword that did use the style of draw her sword and attack before putting it on the scabbard again. I mean when I read about Miura’s “sword” I was under the impression the writer, the artist and the editor weren’t talking to each other while making those chapters.
Old 2013-01-12, 05:26   Link #2456
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
New chapter is out.

For supposedly being intelligent, Vivio is an idiot. "I'll just keep attacking straight on even though she's doing way more damage to me and I'll run out of life at this rate!"
As Vita notes, backing off would expose Vivio to a Sword Draw.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:41   Link #2457
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

In which case it'd still be a matter of keeping her distance. Sword Draw is no good if her attacks don't hit.

But in the end Vivio just ran out of luck. Miura is just a lot better at what she does than Vivio is.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:19   Link #2458
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sword Draw is a mid-range attack, shooting forward at breakneck speed. Based on iaido, remember? Moving away only works when you move far, far away. A tactic that a fighting ring doesn't allow.

It really is the perfect skill for tournaments like these, as anywhere in the ring that isn't right next to you is within the range of your super skill. You're forcing the enemy to choose: Take your hammer punches? Or move away and hope they can dodge or block your one-hit killer attack?
Old 2013-01-12, 11:41   Link #2459
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I still say that can be avoided moving to the side. I mean is what I will do, Miura can’t change de direction of her kick and just step a couple of centimeter to the left or the right and there it goes super-killing move.

But there is something that I always consider weird. By the end of episode 33 Vivio was ready to use a super attack but when we return to the fight on chapter 34 (After two rather pointless scenes with “Victor” and Chantez) she never use it. So what was with that? The author decided on that moment that Miura will win so he stops Vivio? Strange. Also by the end Vivio did had a chance to win by hitting Miura with her electric fist but she does hit her and the attack does nothing… talking about convenience.
Old 2013-01-12, 12:39   Link #2460
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Miura can’t change de direction of her kick
Says who?

Quote:
But there is something that I always consider weird. By the end of episode 33 Vivio was ready to use a super attack but when we return to the fight on chapter 34 (After two rather pointless scenes with “Victor” and Chantez) she never use it.
You do, actually. The attack you see her fire is on page 6 exactly what she was charging.

Also, I laugh at how you once again swing like a pendulum and call the character development scenes of people just talking, which is exactly what you were asking for, pointless now.

Tags
vivid