AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 01:57   Link #8681
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Kyuukai's explained how his life works to Koyomi. She's tried her best to understand, but she believes her brother to be something like a superhero, fighting 'bad guys' around the world. Her view of the world is innocent, slightly askewed with no knowledge of violence, or of even what her father and brothers do for their lives.

So when she sees her brother so eager to spill blood, she tackles him with all her little strength, and cries out against her brother, asking, "Why?"
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 02:02   Link #8682
Eratas123

@ Rain - I have to go home so I'll be gone for an hour (You'll probably be asleep by then) so I'm just posting this in case you approve.

What will happen if Koyomi sees the "interrogation"

1. She'll be traumatized since it's obvious that Kyuukai has the advantage yet he still continues to attack Irish.

2. In a mood whiplash, she actually thinks Kyuukai is having a ho-yay moment with Irish due to the high amount of Yaoi manga she's read. Cue Kyuukai denying he's gay and Irish shutting up and doing nothing to help him.

Make your choice.
Old 2011-11-21, 02:03   Link #8683
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If number 2 happens I'm quit reading Shadow.

EDIT: Sorry for the Jerkassery, I just think HoYay jokes DEFINITELY aren't the most appropriate breakshot in such situation.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-11-21 at 02:23.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 02:11   Link #8684
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: ... She's five...

Nah, it'll probably be number one. She'll still love her older brother, but Tabane will need to explain a few things to her.

That, or what Kyuukai does is so terrible to her, that she blocks her own memories.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 02:26   Link #8685
DarkJak2050

I'm wondering, exactly how do the girls in IS Academy react towards guys? Being in all girl schools at a young age and not being around guys.

Are they just normally "unaware" of what they're like, or are they somewhat "desperate" to know? That kind of stuff.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 02:29   Link #8686
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I'm wondering, exactly how do the girls in IS Academy react towards guys? Being in all girl schools at a young age and not being around guys.

Are they just normally "unaware" of what they're like, or are they somewhat "desperate" to know? That kind of stuff.
Most are desperate to know, few of them don't care, and very few despised guys (due to superiority complex).

Very few as in, so little that they haven't shown in Canon.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:05   Link #8687
Eratas123

@ Rain and Zero - You guys realize that number 2 was a joke, right? The same thing happened in the epilogue I posted and I don't like breaking the mood that much. Besides, Irish isn't gonna be a rag doll so Koyomi will see the two fighting, not Kyuukai beating up someone who's defenseless.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:08   Link #8688
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Most are desperate to know, few of them don't care, and very few despised guys (due to superiority complex).

Very few as in, so little that they haven't shown in Canon.
Do they care about looks or outside appearences, like physical build, scars... that kind of stuff?
Old 2011-11-21, 03:11   Link #8689
Eratas123

@ Jak - Planning romance?

Seriously though, this is anime. If you put your guys there they won't look like how you imagine them in real life. Hell, the German one might be a bishonen if he's placed in the same graphics that IS use.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:13   Link #8690
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Rain and Zero - You guys realize that number 2 was a joke, right? The same thing happened in the epilogue I posted and I don't like breaking the mood that much. Besides, Irish isn't gonna be a rag doll so Koyomi will see the two fighting, not Kyuukai beating up someone who's defenseless.
Because we can't differentiate it, we usually use emoticon for Jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Do they care about looks or outside appearences, like physical build, scars... that kind of stuff?
Some of them WILL actually have a crush for superbly-built, tan skinned, scar-covered guys. Of 300 girls plus dozens of school staff, some of them will pick the bait, even though 80% of them into straight Bishounen.

(it's called Macho fetish by the way, while uncommon, was not frowned or anything in Japan)

Rule 34 Infinite Stratos Fanon: If he has one convincing reason about staying in Academy for certain amount of time, one or more girl will fell for him, no exception.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:16   Link #8691
Eratas123

@ Zero - Actually, contrary to what I say, the ho-yay in Shadow is actually tame. Notice that the funny drafts tend to be slice of life while the one's I post that I say I'll include tend to be more dark and less idealistic.

The drafts are mostly for fun and I modify them to be darker once I'm done with them.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:18   Link #8692
DarkJak2050

Quote:
@ Jak - Planning romance?

Seriously though, this is anime. If you put your guys there they won't look like how you imagine them in real life. Hell, the German one might be a bishonen if he's placed in the same graphics that IS use.
Nope, just out of curiosity. And Ratchet being a bishounen? Have you forgotten what Ratchet would look like if he's an adult? He would look similar to Baird from Gears of War. If you look closely at his cheeks, he has some slight burnt marks on them. Or it could be just that part of his face has a rough texture look.
Quote:
Some of them WILL actually have a crush for superbly-built, tan skinned, scar-covered guys. Of 300 girls plus dozens of school staff, some of them will pick the bait, even though 80% of them into straight Bishounen.

(it's called Macho fetish by the way, while uncommon, was not frowned or anything in Japan)

Rule 34 Infinite Stratos Fanon: If he has one convincing reason about staying in Academy for certain amount of time, one or more girl will fell for him, no exception.
Whoa okay, not what I had in mind. But oh well... I'll just have to... put a little thought into how things will "work out".
Old 2011-11-21, 03:20   Link #8693
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I forgot to ask Jak bout would you mind showing me the photos again? I though you posted it but it must be buried by my spam.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:24   Link #8694
Eratas123

@ Jak - I said if he was put in the same graphics as the anime. His features are pale skin and blond hair which fit the archetypal bishonen. Though saying Bishonen would be going too far I guess, many anime characters aren't bishonen but are still considered to have their own charm.

I don't really know, sorry. I'm straight so I can't really describe what makes a character appealing to a female audience. Some of my female friends watch anime, that's the only reason I know this much.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:26   Link #8695
DarkJak2050

Quote:
I forgot to ask Jak bout would you mind showing me the photos again? I though you posted it but it must be buried by my spam.
Alright then...
Quote:
Hopefully we can read all the light novels and finish this crazy awesome story.

Side note - Can anyone with an OC post a picture of what their OC looks like? I'm particularly interested in Jak's since his OC's are probably the only non-bishonen. Just find a picture if you can online and post it or re-post it if you've already done so.
"Curiosity is not a sin, but you should always exercise caution."
- Albus Dumbledor (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)

Okay, you guys are probably not gonna like these...

Spoiler for Brian "Ratchet" Mclurg:

Spoiler for Clayton/Clay "Scourge" Maddox:

Spoiler for Eddie "Sideswipe" Garcia:

Spoiler for Eric "Hot Shot" Anderson:

These are the closest I can find for them since I can't really draw. The guys in these images are actually in their 30's. My OCs are basically younger versions of them and without the facial hair, obviously.
Quote:
@ Jak - I said if he was put in the same graphics as the anime. His features are pale skin and blond hair which fit the archetypal bishonen. Though saying Bishonen would be going too far I guess, many anime characters aren't bishonen but are still considered to have their own charm.

I don't really know, sorry. I'm straight so I can't really describe what makes a character appealing to a female audience. Some of my female friends watch anime, that's the only reason I know this much.
Yeah, but I thought I forgot something about the facial description about my guys. Particularly Ratchet; he has some slight burnt marks on both of his cheeks and his chin area. He got those from when he was doing some work while being in Thunder Crash, being Alpha Squad's Field/Combat Engineer.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:37   Link #8696
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hot Shot and Rachet, nuff said can be put in 'handsome' category (really) for white-skinned westerner.

Scourge will be VERY attractive to African or Afro-American side (I actually thought My Spanish OC, given chance will have a crush on him instead of Dan)

The only one that is pants-wettingly scary is Garcia, but if you count the 'younger' looking, I think he looked like a Mexican Cowboy, which is attractive in their own way (LOL)

I'm not racist by any means, but I was taught the attractive points of various races of all genders so I knew.

As You said, the scars and rugged skin (due to the harsh 'training' and battlefield experience) might give some minus.

There's also their eyes (one can see they're seasonal killer from their eyes, and eyes can't lie XD) taht might scare girls, but aside from that, there's no real reason they're not attractive, at least for the foreign sides.

EDIT: finally they're seasoned badass, and badass girls only fell for a guy they deemed equal to them.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:37   Link #8697
Eratas123

@ Meister - Did chibifying Karon turn her into a pervert or something? Saintess last post seems to indicate this.

@ Jak - Burn marks in anime tend to be just redness compared to real life. Notice that when characters get burned in anime they just get a light reddish hue instead of pulsating skin or dark afterburns.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:42   Link #8698
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Burn marks in anime tend to be just redness compared to real life. Notice that when characters get burned in anime they just get a light reddish hue instead of pulsating skin or dark afterburns.
Yeah, but still, Ratchet has those burnt marks on him. Which could be an impact in the lady factor...

Quote:
Hot Shot and Rachet, nuff said can be put in 'handsome' category (really) for white-skinned westerner.

Scourge will be VERY attractive to African or Afro-American side (I actually thought My Spanish OC, given chance will have a crush on him instead of Dan)

The only one that is pants-wettingly scary is Garcia, but if you count the 'younger' looking, I think he looked like a Mexican Cowboy, which is attractive in their own way (LOL)

I'm not racist by any means, but I was taught the attractive points of various races of all genders so I knew.

As You said, the scars and rugged skin (due to the harsh 'training' and battlefield experience) might give some minus.

There's also their eyes (one can see they're seasonal killer from their eyes, and eyes can't lie XD) taht might scare girls, but aside from that, there's no real reason they're not attractive, at least for the foreign sides.

EDIT: finally they're seasoned badass, and badass girls only fell for a guy they deemed equal to them.
Okay... but how would the students of IS Academy react to them if they saw them? Especially the majority of them are Japanese.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:44   Link #8699
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Jak - Burn marks in anime tend to be just redness compared to real life. Notice that when characters get burned in anime they just get a light reddish hue instead of pulsating skin or dark afterburns.
Balalaika from Black Lagoon spot a good amount of burn scar (that look realistic), doesn't stop her from being the epitome of hot, badass mother figure (in evil way).

Of course even if they're attractive, they're chaste/ celibate so the point is moot and the girls chasing them is either damn persistent or too crazy/ badass to care.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:47   Link #8700
Eratas123

@ Zero - Does looking at someone's eyes really tell you what they've been through? I always assumed that was a dramatic lie in various forms of media. Besides, what if somebody can hide what they've been through?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest