AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-27, 09:56   Link #21
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Not sure if that report is correct. Considering the one source I link, has a quote from SCEE boss Andrew House himself saying that they'll be two models, while both models will have Wi-Fi , only one version will have 3G with it.
I wouldn't trust SCEE, they are really just a PR machine for the european front, but he could be also right.
One thing i learnt from sony, get the revision, i got 2 psp and 2 ps3, launch models and revisions, and have to say, that you will be missing out big time, since sony's revision actually means proper change, not just shrinkage or new casing.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 10:24   Link #22
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
playstation suite is simply program (software?) that allow PSone game to be play on android phone. obviously we talking about old game so the price is down
PleaseMetalGearSolid1PleaeMetalGearSolid1!!
Old 2011-01-27, 11:45   Link #23
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2011-01-27, 12:04   Link #24
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Finally, the moment that we're all been waiting for.

PSP2 is now called NGP.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 12:27   Link #25
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , the name is meh, NGP = New Generation Portable , wow.. but seems like not the final name.

Anyway , powerful CPU - GPU , bigger size , touchpad , sensors & locations , 2 sticks , 3G , yeah seems good. At least better than PSP GO fail.
One thing , no UMD but a new system , "New Game Media" , a flash card , well why not?
but no UMD means we won't be able to play PSP games -.- , my FAT is getting old.
They said that the battery life will be the same as PSP 3000.
No Region Lock ? Yes !
Price ? I'll say , around 300-400€ , yeah , that'll hurt our ass.
Still need more info & games intro.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 13:22   Link #26
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I believe the name's not final.

http://kotaku.com/5744900/ngp-batter...le-to-the-psps
^ Hopefully they'll reach the target.
Old 2011-01-27, 13:28   Link #27
Justick
Banned

LOL amen to that

Anyway I'm completely excited with this "sexy" device.

First Impressions of the Next PSP

Top Creators Loving NGP LOL Hideo Kojima
Justick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 13:34   Link #28
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Wonder what happened to the PSPhone?

Wasn't it supposed to get Android gaming out of the crapper and competitive with iOS?

I don't want to tote around another dedicated brick. I want to make use of my Vibrant's PowerVR SGX 540 GPU!
Old 2011-01-27, 13:40   Link #29
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

Wasn't it supposed to get Android gaming out of the crapper and competitive with iOS?

I don't want to tote around another dedicated brick. I want to make use of my Vibrant's PowerVR SGX 540 GPU!
Here

just for information. most of the game probably old ps1 title along with mini and original to mix. dont expect full ledge psp game

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 17:07   Link #30
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

It's called the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and it's going to get he PSN with PSOne games and Playstation Suite games as well. Also: the PSN and PS Suite stuff will probably show up in all Sony Ericsson Android Phones, it's only that the Xperia Play will be similar in layout to a PSP Go (slides open to reveal directional keys, Circle-Square-Triangle-Cross keys and a couple of circular trackpads).

As for the NGP I don't like how it's looking... I mean yes I find it awesome to get about 40/50% of the power of a PS3 in my pocket but I find it a bit over-engineered and pretty ugly looking if you ask me. A trackpad in the back? It's a gimmick and nothing more. Raised analogs? Yes they're great for playing but have you considered how easy it'll be for a kid to damage them by tossing the console into a backpack?

Also we have the price: I'm guessing it'll be 359,99€/$ putting it 100€/$ above the already expensive 3DS and over 50€/$ more expensive than the PS3 so I see it having a slow start. If the games end up costing 50 to 60$/€ then it'll be even worse.

And that OS is looking pretty bad as well. What happened to the XMB? I know it's getting a bit on the cluttered side but it still looks gorgeous unlike those floating orbs.

Still I hope Sony manages to see this one succeed in the eyes of the public cause I love my PSP and it has given me some amazing games over these last few years. Heck I even love my PSP Go and the only issue I have with it is the crappy prices in the Playstation Store compared to the same games in UMD form.

But I'm a pessimist and I hope to be proven wrong.
Old 2011-01-27, 17:18   Link #31
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Seriously, just PS1 games?

Meh I should have known Sony's grandiose posturing was exactly that. Not too sure how old PS1 games will revolutionize Android gaming to the point it can compete with iOS and its more graphically-impressive titles... *coughrage*
Old 2011-01-27, 17:20   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uhah...! Now Sony's finally introduced their counter against the 3DS...! I wonder how this fight will turn out... (Of course, cheering for similar results)

I wonder how much it will cost though...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 17:33   Link #33
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Seriously, just PS1 games?
Rumors are that it really won't play PSP games, but this is not confirmed yet. The guys at endgadget tested PSOne and GBA emulators, the actual device had something called "PlayStation Pocket" which is an app for downloading games from the not-yet-existent game store. If it won't play PSP games (downloaded, we already know it can't play UMD), I'll skip it and get an HTC Desire HD (and possibly the NGP separately) instead.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 17:36   Link #34
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well, going by Sony's usual behavior, the PSPhone and possibly other SE Xperia phones will be the only things that can use the games!

This doesn't do squat for the general state of Android gaming.
Old 2011-01-27, 17:38   Link #35
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I see Falcom on the list of developers for this, so basically PSP2 is confirmed for a good system.

Now all that I need to know is whether or not we're getting a new Ys title right out of the bat on the PSP2 or if they'll try porting Ys Seven before. But either way, I'm excited. Shame my wallet won't be able to say the same, since I'll probably have to try and purchase a 3DS as well...
Old 2011-01-27, 18:00   Link #36
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Well, going by Sony's usual behavior, the PSPhone and possibly other SE Xperia phones will be the only things that can use the games!

This doesn't do squat for the general state of Android gaming.
As for the Playstation brand on the android ecosystem let me clarify what we know: Sony will release a version of the Playstation Store for the platform (almost 100% sure it'll be pre-loaded on their phones, 50/50 chance you'll be able to install it on other phones) and it'll sell PSOne games AND new android games developed using the Playstation Suite.

As for the NGP it'll support PSOne games and all the downloadable games the old PSP supported (I'm guessing everything the PSP Go supports is what we can take from this statement). I think it's also safe to say it'll support Minis and I wouldn't be surprised if minis showed up on the android version of the store but I won't hold my breath for it.

As for the general state of gaming on Android/iOS/WebOS/whatever I couldn't care less. While I do have an Android phone and like beeing able to get some fruit ninja on in the bus/subway I still believe that proper games should be left to the proper devices like home and handheld consoles and the PC/Mac. Time wasters are ok on a phone, full blown games are not (and this is coming from someone who actually had an n-gage back in the days. I learned my lesson)
Old 2011-01-27, 21:48   Link #37
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I hope this means that they'll drop the price for the PSP in the future so it becomes economical for me to buy one solely for the 2-3 games I want for it.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 23:24   Link #38
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
PSN titles. From the post above: “NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store.”
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...comment-512512
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 00:49   Link #39
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I'm hoping it'll be cheaper then the 3DS.
Old 2011-01-28, 01:26   Link #40
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I'm hoping it'll be cheaper then the 3DS.
Fat chance in hell.

The only way I see it being anywhere cheaper than the 3DS is if the 3G versions of the NGP are subsidised by data carrier plans.

The inclusion of 3G, in my opinion, is pretty interesting. In a way, it's almost like a different approach to region-locks.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv