Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 04:55   Link #1
Gundamx

Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers

I couldn't find ane thread for it even though episdoe one already been aired

Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers

Quote:
Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers is an animated series by Marvel Entertainment and The Walt Disney Company.

The producers are Nerima-ku and Toei Animation. Bandai will be responsible for character merchandising. The three companies will collaborate to create a fully localized Japanese series while also providing a line of merchandise targeted towards young boys aged six to twelve.

The story will focus on the Avengers comprised of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and Wasp. They will join forces with Spider-Man and a group of teens. The heroes will harness their respective fighting skills and superhuman powers to foil Loki's plans to conquer the world.

The project is an effort by Walt Disney Japan to deliver content tailored to meet the needs of local consumers. The series will be the first to target boys and intended to delight Japanese viewers.
episdoe one was not bad

op by T.M.Revolution

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Gundamx; 2014-04-10 at 05:42.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 08:00   Link #2
T-6000

I barely remember reading about this on Anime News Network not too long ago. I may check this out, though it'll be strange to watch a Toei Animation show that covers the Avengers.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 08:11   Link #3
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

There are so many things that I need to say about this I don't even know where to begin.

I'll just sum it up by calling it a giant toy commercial. It'll only work in Japan too since if they aired it in America comic book nerds are gonna have an aneurysm.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 12:19   Link #4
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

They Turn into digimon frontier

nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 20:59   Link #5
Destined_Fate

What is this.... The Avengers are just toys... Spirits... Or whatevre that the kids turn into?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 08:33   Link #6
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Seems no one's watching this one, but it's not a surprise. I force mysel watching this and after enduring 26 episodes, finally it pays off, the merc with a mouth finally appears on this show!

Deadpool, the man who can make impossible possible..... Seriously, his seiyuu is Koyasu Takehito

Kudos to the staff, they keep his wackiness here; including breaking the fourth wall keep mentioning he and other characters are in a tv show, talking to viewers, asking for the crew to cut the part where he messed up, even try to hijack all the eye-catches during the whole episode. We also get a fan-service from him.

He even make a reference of 1978's Japanese Spider-Man live action/tokusatsu with its role call.

An unintentional Shaft reference?

Though my favorite is where he said he will help the team because he wanted to become Avengers leader, to make him famous. Then talking to viewers that if he could become a regular cast then big chance a toy company will make action figure of him for Japanese market! <-- Yes, I do want your SHFiguarts or figma, Mr. Wade
Old 2014-10-02, 13:45   Link #7
Redhazard
Desert Man

Episode was fun. I don't even know Japanese and I was till laughing. Deadpool was just great.
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 06:15   Link #8
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Great. Looks like an english dub has started airing on Disney XD South East Asia.
Old 2015-07-07, 20:24   Link #9
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Great. Looks like an english dub has started airing on Disney XD South East Asia.
Wait, seriously !?

I had pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I'd never see an actual english dub of this, but that there is one is awesome news. Now I just have to hope they'll finally bring it over stateside .
Old 2015-07-08, 02:48   Link #10
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Wait, seriously !?

I had pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I'd never see an actual english dub of this, but that there is one is awesome news. Now I just have to hope they'll finally bring it over stateside .
Yes. I just submitted the news to ANN over here.

Here's some clips from the dub as well.

YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
Old 2015-07-08, 05:14   Link #11
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
the merc with a mouth finally appears on this show!

Deadpool, the man who can make impossible possible..... Seriously, his seiyuu is Koyasu Takehito

Kudos to the staff, they keep his wackiness here; including breaking the fourth wall keep mentioning he and other characters are in a tv show, talking to viewers, asking for the crew to cut the part where he messed up, even try to hijack all the eye-catches during the whole episode. We also get a fan-service from him.

He even make a reference of 1978's Japanese Spider-Man live action/tokusatsu with its role call.

An unintentional Shaft reference?

Though my favorite is where he said he will help the team because he wanted to become Avengers leader, to make him famous. Then talking to viewers that if he could become a regular cast then big chance a toy company will make action figure of him for Japanese market! <-- Yes, I do want your SHFiguarts or figma, Mr. Wade
Wait, are you telling me this anime (which I skipped because I thought the premise was ridiculous) is in fact AN OFFICIAL DEADPOOL ANIME SERIES?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 13:20   Link #12
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Yes. I just submitted the news to ANN over here.

Here's some clips from the dub as well.

YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
Wow, cool! So as far as the voice cast:

- Looks like Matthew Mercer is reprising Iron Man .

- Roger Craig Smith and Travis Willingham are back as Cap and Thor respectively .

- Drake Bell could still be Spider-Man, but he sounds a little different...more competent and not as whiny as Bell usually portrays him .

- Crispin Freeman is Loki, which is surprising since I expected Troy Baker would do it since he's pretty much the de-facto voice of Loki now .

Which just leaves Hulk and Wasp....
Old 2015-07-09, 15:51   Link #13
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Wait, are you telling me this anime (which I skipped because I thought the premise was ridiculous) is in fact AN OFFICIAL DEADPOOL ANIME SERIES?
Don't let the premise fool you, it was in fact quite entertaining. Especially compared to the current Avengers cartoon...
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 16:15   Link #14
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

So this is actually good then? I'll have to give it a watch...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote