AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-24, 09:11   Link #221
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so yeah, i really want to buy the HD collection. this game is wayyyyyyy too ingrained in my childhood for me to forsake it.

horrible as in depressing, or horrible as in bad?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:21   Link #222
CBredbeard
Banned

If you want to protect your child-hood memories, the only choice you have is to destroy Square Enix, for they will ruin them.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 10:46   Link #223
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so yeah, i really want to buy the HD collection. this game is wayyyyyyy too ingrained in my childhood for me to forsake it.

horrible as in depressing, or horrible as in bad?
depressing and bad, honestly buy the game only for the remakes for x and x-2 but do not listen to the bonus dialogue option on it unless you really want to hate the authors of X, honestly the only saving grace of that bonus dialogue is the narrator because i would love to play a game with her as the main character in the X universe but as it stands now the story would only fill you with to much hate and anger to enjoy it
Old 2014-03-24, 15:58   Link #224
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I'm enjoying this chance to replay the game. Visually I think they did a nice job just making it look nice. X is still an enjoyable game and one of the last FF I think they did a really good job with. And who knows maybe this time I'll actually get somewhere with X-2 .

Haven't really minded the voice acting either. For all the complaints I saw in other places about how it doesn't hold up...there are games coming out now with way worse voice acting than this. Pretty decent for the first shot at making a game with so much voiced dialogue.

Have heard enough about how bad that bonus audio is to never dream of listening to it. If I want to check out something on the level with really stupid fanfiction I know where to look else where....No wonder they can't be bothered with full remakes to earlier games, even with a script already there they probably wouldn't have a clue how to do it right.
Old 2014-03-24, 16:36   Link #225
Jaden

After playing Konami's half-assed PS3 port of Tales of Symphonia, this one seems good in comparison. The game looks like it's in native HD resolution, including the FMVs. I would have liked to see a higher framerate, but oh well. Console devs always overlook that stuff. It's still in every way the best version of the game.
Old 2014-03-24, 17:17   Link #226
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

My first time replaying FFX again and I already missed some al bhed dic and treasure chest in Besaid temple

Godammit

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 23:25   Link #227
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
This post reminded me that Final Fantasy Versus 13 has been in development for over 10 years and yet Square Enix is spending more time making unnecessary sequels to games like FF13 instead of working on it.
Actually, it's the opposite. FFXIII is getting sequels party because FFXV is talking so long. If they weren't there SE wouldn't have much consoles releases for the gaps in the schedule. HD development is also way expensive nowadays to spend on just one game then throw away, which one of main reason you see lost of companies either releasing half sequels or expansions with reused (or partly reused) assets. It's budget saving method to get most of product in a industry that's following unsustainable business models for years.

As far Nojima and the novel are concerned, you're going to just have accept that since he's main writer of FFX and X-2 or ignore it. Frankly he's track record when comes to stories has always been hit or miss. In FFX-2 for example he was the one introduced that dumb plot point connecting FFX to FFVII. Blaming SE as whole for someone who been pretty inconsistent in writing is fairly pointless.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-25 at 03:19.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 15:54   Link #228
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Konami's half-assed PS3 port of Tales of Symphonia
Konami? You mean Namco Bandai. And you should have known long beforehand how half-assed it is. Now you gave them your money.
Old 2014-03-27, 16:19   Link #229
Jaden

Oh right, Bamco.

I guess the difference with ToS was that I'd never played the original and pirating a Gamecube ROM was the only other way I'd have gotten to play it.

I've played a bunch of FFX though, so I'm that much more critical with this port.
Old 2016-05-10, 03:20   Link #230
Sacredus

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD just appeared on the Steam.
Dual audio.
Release date: 12.05.2016.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2016-05-11 at 12:18.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 12:53   Link #231
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Did they mess up the audio again, like they did with FF9 ... again?
Old 2016-05-18, 15:24   Link #232
Jaden

here's a useful mod for some technical issues, such as getting JP audio with ENG subs:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=683802394

With that, the port is solid.
Old 2016-05-20, 20:23   Link #233
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
here's a useful mod for some technical issues, such as getting JP audio with ENG subs:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=683802394

With that, the port is solid.
I thought it would never happen... I gave up all hope after all the PS3/PS4 releases that still had pure dub versions... but there it is... the subbed version is something that makes me, as someone who is dubphobic, want to play this game again and actually finish it this time.

I guess it's time to wait for the next sale that has FFX in it... who knows when that sale happens though. It could be in a few weeks or a few years.
Old 2016-11-09, 10:27   Link #234
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

BTW, the FF Wikia made a summary about the novel

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...o_Daish%C5%8D~

Read at your own risk
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 11:03   Link #235
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
BTW, the FF Wikia made a summary about the novel

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...o_Daish%C5%8D~

Read at your own risk
What the fuck did I just read?
Old 2016-11-09, 17:41   Link #236
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
What the fuck did I just read?
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Probably the worst scene was the one of the bomb. It's like if the original author is Toriyama and not Nojima based on how much focus is on Yuna and how he once said X-3 could be a shooting game with Yuna rather than a freaking RPG.

If we ever get a X-3, I'd rather Nojima, Tabata and Kitase worked on that provide an RPG that closes this storyline without separating Tidus and Yuna for the 11th time.
Old 2016-11-09, 18:45   Link #237
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Probably the worst scene was the one of the bomb. It's like if the original author is Toriyama and not Nojima based on how much focus is on Yuna and how he once said X-3 could be a shooting game with Yuna rather than a freaking RPG.

If we ever get a X-3, I'd rather Nojima, Tabata and Kitase worked on that provide an RPG that closes this storyline without separating Tidus and Yuna for the 11th time.
Damn straight. Reading the summary for that novel made my head hurt. Really, it reeks of bad SI fanfic, especially in regards to the new duo.

Hell, I had a feeling IF X-3 were to follow said novel's plot it would end with Tidus and Yuna separating and ending up with the new duo.
Old 2016-11-09, 18:55   Link #238
Chosen_Hero

I'm not that fond of FFX or Tidus and Yuna (although the superbestfriends let's play of the game is amazing), but even I know that that games' story is a hell of a lot better than whatever this abomination was.
Old 2016-11-09, 20:49   Link #239
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/09...ntasy-xvi-x-3/

"Hashimoto says Final Fantasy X/X-2’s HD Remaster sold well thanks to all the fans. As far as Final Fantasy X-3 goes, he acknowledges that fans have expectations after having been presented a bit of its plot in the audio drama. However, he says that there’s currently facing a wall that cannot be climbed—with director/character designer Tetsuya Nomura and producer/director Yoshinori Kitase both being occupied, they’re unable to work on Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and Final Fantasy X-3 all at the same time. Square Enix is focusing more on titles that have been announced for now, so he asks fans to wait a little longer [for anything on Final Fantasy X-3.]

Hashimoto adds that he was reminded just how popular Yuna and Tidus are after seeing plenty of cosplayers at Lucca Comics & Games 2016, and their drama is something that he and the staff would like to continue to cherish."
Old 2016-11-09, 22:15   Link #240
sayde

I really like what Hashimoto has to say regarding FFX-3. Let these 2 guys focus on the other major projects for now.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote