AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 15:38   Link #21
janipani

After all, rest of the Konoha is there to lick Naruto's butt, but that is what a decent end for this story requires.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:58   Link #22
Casshern

Hey, remember when the cursed seal was supposedly gonna hurt Sasuke and limit his potential? Those were the days...
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 17:16   Link #23
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Not that anyone cares, but I still have no clue which translation of what Kiba said to be correct. Both make him sound like a bigger idiot than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Last chapter reintroduced the Kages and had a relevant flashback detailing the birth of the Village system. This chapter had no new information for any involved and does nothing to move the plot forward. I can handle a chapter that does nothing but praise a character, but there must be some reason for the praise and there must be some information involved in forwarding the plot while the mindless praise persist. None of that was evident in this chapter.
It moved the plot forward in that it took care of the Shikamaru nonsense. That couldn't be ignored or brushed aside like with Yamato and Anko. He is way higher up on the food chain than them given the Tobirama allusions. You and I might have missed the great Naruto x Shikamaru love affair of 2013, but Kishi did not. As long as Shikamaru was dying, Naruto couldn't fight at his best. Now all distractions are gone for him to fight with Sasuke and the Alliance can go chop down a tree.

Reintroducing Kakashi was important since nothing major can happen with Obito until he is present. The Gokages could have been reintroduced in this chapter for all they accomplished last chapter. Really, this chapter and the last one could have been spliced together. But Kishi wanted to milk the drama.

Was Naruto overpraised this chapter? No more than last chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Sasuke was noticeably left out of the foreshadowing. I don't claim to know what that means but if things are to go different from Hashiramas time he is going to have to play a role meaning our new madara is likely gonna have to make the opposite choices of the old one
Naruto has to succeed where Hashirama failed. That means Sasuke has to become what Madara could of been. And there is the conflict that leads to our final fight.

The Sasuke vs. Naruto fight will probably be like 75% talk and flashbacks. Which will probably tick off a lot of people.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 17:31   Link #24
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
So Naruto is the new Hashirama. Sasuke the new Madara. And Shikamaru is the new Tobirama. Do we have any other parallels we need to get to? Sakura as forgotten as Mito was in Hashirama's flashbacks?

Someone once wrote that Shikamaru would be like Tobirama. I never thought Kishi would go for it. But it makes sense I guess.
Now he should just show us how will Naruto succeed where Hashirama failed, i hope that part won't be too lame.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 17:31   Link #25
Alchemist007
*Author

Jesus, even subconciously Naruto is a better healer than Sakura. Talk about rendering the female completely useless again.
Old 2013-10-02, 19:23   Link #26
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Sasuke was noticeably left out of the foreshadowing. I don't claim to know what that means but if things are to go different from Hashiramas time he is going to have to play a role meaning our new madara is likely gonna have to make the opposite choices of the old one
I wonder why Madara didn't "acknowledge" Sasuke's use of his susanoo don't you? lol j/k. (all the times I mentioned "some guy" who complained about madara not acknowledging Naruto's use of the kyuubi I was just messing with you, I do know what you really meant, but never told you because it was kind of fun reading your reaction :P)

Anyway, reading this manga these days reminds me of having to read the diary of Anne Frank or Lord of the Flies so many times throughout grade school, having to endure the same concepts and morals over and over again. How many times does Kishimoto have to wail on this dead horse of Naruto and Sasuke being proportional to Hashirama and Madara? Shikamaru's near death experience also seems pointless, since it was already established that he had a special and unique relationship with him, as opposed to the other rookies outside of team 7. I was really hoping for something worth reading, but when I reached the part of the Kages, "getting ready", and taking up multiple panels by giving their battlecries one by one and even showing no-named nin trying to look tough, I didn't even want to finish reading the rest, because it quickly became obvious that this would be another chapter full of froth.

Last edited by Artful Dodger; 2013-10-02 at 20:09.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 20:01   Link #27
AdventSleeper

This chapter had enough cheese in it to feed the world
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 20:02   Link #28
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventSleeper View Post
This chapter had enough cheese in it to feed the world
This thread has all the necessary wine to go with it.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 20:59   Link #29
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
This thread has all the necessary wine to go with it.
touché

but seriously what else is there to say about this chapter? i do like the idea of shikamaru embracing a future as the hokage's advisor, but aside from that it was a bunch of nothing. i'm actually kind of dreading the animated episodes for chapters like this. in order for it not to be a snail's pace they would have to do about 4 chapters an episode and we all know that's not happening. more than likely it will be one chapter an episode with a ton of fluff and padding filler. yikes...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 23:52   Link #30
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Naruto has to succeed where Hashirama failed. That means Sasuke has to become what Madara could of been. And there is the conflict that leads to our final fight.
Yeah exactly, but why does this necessarily lead to conflict? If sasuke does opposite of Madara shouldn't that result in cooperation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Now he should just show us how will Naruto succeed where Hashirama failed, i hope that part won't be too lame.
I'm not understanding what exactly is hashirama's failure. Ppl were at odds long before the introduction of chakra and more so afterwards. They were at war during hash's childhood. Im kinda missing how the author is making this his fault. The first gokage summit fixed some petty issues but it was noted then that peace likely wouldn't last...
What was good about the prior chapter (to me at least) was that it gave some insight into the types of differences responsible for keeping the world in turmoil...namely kazekages request for land...it makes sense that people would be in constant conflict over resources. People born on land that doesnt bear fruit. they pick up and go find some that does. Oh you were here already you say!? well lets see how bad you want it.
Hashirama shouldn't have offered them bijuu. He should have taken his ass over there to sandland and grew them a forest! Mokuton money tree baby!!!!
naruto is just gonna repeat the same cycle. unless he either steps aside or help people develop work arounds for their differences...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
I wonder why Madara didn't "acknowledge" Sasuke's use of his susanoo don't you? lol j/k. (all the times I mentioned "some guy" who complained about madara not acknowledging Naruto's use of the kyuubi I was just messing with you, I do know what you really meant, but never told you because it was kind of fun reading your reaction :P)
Lmao. Yeah I was pretty drove on my first response. Maybe that on the second one too. I can't remember lol. I just figured you were a sasuke/uchiha fan and there was nooooo winning

Last edited by Artimus_Prime; 2013-10-03 at 00:04.
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 00:05   Link #31
james0246

Quote:
Not that anyone cares, but I still have no clue which translation ofwhat Kiba said to be correct. Both make him sound like a bigger idiot than usual.

It moved the plot forward in that it took care of the Shikamaru nonsense. That couldn't be ignored or brushed aside like with Yamato and Anko. He is way higher up on the food chain than them given the Tobirama allusions. You and I might have missed the great Naruto x Shikamaru love affair of 2013, but Kishi did not. As long as Shikamaru was dying, Naruto couldn't fight at his best. Now all distractions are gone for him to fight with Sasuke and the Alliance can go chop down a tree.

Reintroducing Kakashi was important since nothing major can happen with Obito until he is present. The Gokages could have been reintroduced in this chapter for all they accomplished last chapter. Really, this chapter and the last one could have been spliced together. But Kishi wanted to milk the drama.

Was Naruto overpraised this chapter? No more than last chapter.
Don't get me wrong, Shikimaru's survival is important, but it has no real bearing on the current situation, especially since he is not thinking of anything relevant to the fight. The same is true of Kakashi, who could have simply sprung from the aether and we wouldn't have cared (since we knew he wasn't dead). The first meeting of the Kages was at least contextually relevant (in the respect that it helped the soldiers to understand their history) even if not necessarily surprising. And the Kages arriving would always be relevant, but no more so than after a history lesson.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:21   Link #32
Quol
That Guy

This chapter was mainly used as a set up for the next chapter, they got the ninja alliance, hokages both alive and off'd, naruto, and sasuke's gang ready for the big fight next chapter.

Also what i think will end up happening is naruto and sasuke keep trying to beat obito but fail untill they do a spirit bomb with everyone as the power!
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:31   Link #33
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

and.... another pointless chapter???

I think Shikamaru's "resurrection" shouldn't spend too many pages...
There are many characters already but not all of them are important

Even 5 kages are unimportant now since the main actors are Madara, Hashirama, Tobirama, Naruto, and Sasuke

what a waste of chapter... now give us the continuation of the battle...and oh yea.. make sure Kakashi arrived at right time
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:58   Link #34
Monster0

Once again everyone is feeling the same about the Naruto chapter,except me.

Oh well ,i can't think of anything with cheese that i don't like,while wine just gives me gas.

The chapter was basically a set up for the shinobi alliance to perform some action of relevance.So something that is complained about wont be complained about,but complain anyway.I think i understand an artist self indulgance, can't please everyone so why not please yourself.And yes it's tough if you or i don't like something cause they were not born to please us.Then again if it's all about mass marketing then you make something with no soul,like Harry Potter.So i appreciate these heart felt moments from Kishimoto.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 09:46   Link #35
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Once again everyone is feeling the same about the Naruto chapter,except me.

Oh well ,i can't think of anything with cheese that i don't like,while wine just gives me gas.

The chapter was basically a set up for the shinobi alliance to perform some action of relevance.So something that is complained about wont be complained about,but complain anyway.I think i understand an artist self indulgance, can't please everyone so why not please yourself.And yes it's tough if you or i don't like something cause they were not born to please us.Then again if it's all about mass marketing then you make something with no soul,like Harry Potter.So i appreciate these heart felt moments from Kishimoto.
I'm not sure you have separated yourself from the pack here. @Quol a few posts up beat you to it plus a lot of us have seen the set up for quite a few chapters now but seeing how kishi has decided to play this out it makes sense that the time of action is now finally upon us. In that regard I'm satisfied with the chvpter because it is the actual climax of the pep rally. Everyone is accounted for. There are no more speeches to give, faces to paint, or girlfriends to kiss...it's game time. But if 650 is anything less I'll go grab a bottle of that Opus One for ya. No judgements
Old 2013-10-03, 11:52   Link #36
Monster0

Your right Artimus,it appears i don't stand alone here,but that's good.Maybe i just don't like anyone to be disappointed with something i enjoyed ( like when i order a pizza for company with anchovies,yummy).But just as i can't dislike what i like i can't nor do i desire to make people like what they don't.
But i feel ya,i to like to see the action.

Last edited by Monster0; 2013-10-03 at 17:07.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 18:18   Link #37
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
I'm not understanding what exactly is hashirama's failure. Ppl were at odds long before the introduction of chakra and more so afterwards. They were at war during hash's childhood. Im kinda missing how the author is making this his fault. The first gokage summit fixed some petty issues but it was noted then that peace likely wouldn't last...
Well i don't think we should view that as his fault, he simply was not great enough, same as the sage of 6 paths was not great enough as we saw in the kyuubi's flashback. Of course these are plot devices to bring our current hero to the spotlight so he can succeed where they failed. It's a quite simple thing, but Kishi likes to do these things simply. And i don't complain about simplicity. I usually complain about cheating with the story: Naruto just automatically gets all the achievments, and even now that's the case. I mean conveniently he can heal and protect everybody and on top of that even more conveniently the naruto-kyuubi-otherkyuubi-powered Ino could simply broadcast Naruto's whole life story and his feelings directly to everybody's brain and all this in the middle of a fight where he is saving the world. I mean this level of help from the author is just too much for my taste, as it was in some previous parts of the manga. Considering all this i really don't see how can you see all this as Hashirama's fault. Sure he blames himself for all the things, but that just to show us how good the past hokages are, even in death they blame themselves for any failure. I don't think that Kishi inteded for you to think that they must be blamed, it's actually the opposite of that. So when i wrote that he failed i didn't mean that is was his fault, i meant that he was meant to fail, it was meant to be an impossible achievment for him, so that in the end the main hero can rise above all past legendary people. It's just the shonen manga law of becoming the best ever at the end of the story.

Quote:
naruto is just gonna repeat the same cycle. unless he either steps aside or help people develop work arounds for their differences...
Unfortunately this seems to be one of those places where Kishi wrote himself into a corner, Naruto's solution will most likely be quite lame and impossible to believe
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 21:23   Link #38
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Well i don't think we should view that as his fault, he simply was not great enough, same as the sage of 6 paths was not great enough as we saw in the kyuubi's flashback. Of course these are plot devices to bring our current hero to the spotlight so he can succeed where they failed. It's a quite simple thing, but Kishi likes to do these things simply. And i don't complain about simplicity. I usually complain about cheating with the story: Naruto just automatically gets all the achievments, and even now that's the case. I mean conveniently he can heal and protect everybody and on top of that even more conveniently the naruto-kyuubi-otherkyuubi-powered Ino could simply broadcast Naruto's whole life story and his feelings directly to everybody's brain and all this in the middle of a fight where he is saving the world. I mean this level of help from the author is just too much for my taste, as it was in some previous parts of the manga. Considering all this i really don't see how can you see all this as Hashirama's fault. Sure he blames himself for all the things, but that just to show us how good the past hokages are, even in death they blame themselves for any failure. I don't think that Kishi inteded for you to think that they must be blamed, it's actually the opposite of that. So when i wrote that he failed i didn't mean that is was his fault, i meant that he was meant to fail, it was meant to be an impossible achievment for him, so that in the end the main hero can rise above all past legendary people. It's just the shonen manga law of becoming the best ever at the end of the story.

Unfortunately this seems to be one of those places where Kishi wrote himself into a corner, Naruto's solution will most likely be quite lame and impossible to believe
Well im certainly not saying its hashirama's fault but when thinking about what he says to tsunade regarding him failing...i mean when was he tasked with that responsibility? maybe it has something to do with having great power, i dunno

i dont know much about this shonen law thing but i hope naruto doesnt achieve the impossible...at least on his own. that would be lame for me. sure he has been painted as the second coming of the sage of 6 paths but heroes taking this on alone is likely why they havent accomplished the goal...
Old 2013-10-04, 11:03   Link #39
shalala

SSoo shikamaru wakes up from his nap. Pretty much a meh chapter.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:26   Link #40
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
SSoo shikamaru wakes up from his nap. Pretty much a meh chapter.
It kind of sucks how Sakura could barely keep him alive, let alone heal him, yet Tsunade just needs to tap him to restore him completely. So much for Sakura surpassing her teacher...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion