AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-28, 05:55   Link #81
Maes
その目だれの目?

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
is now online.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 06:04   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells – and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself.

So... Are we mortals literally sandwiched in between? On the bright side, it's a nice change from hunting demons
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 07:05   Link #83
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

just watched the cinematic and gameplay trailers. Looks good so far. It's kept the basics of the last game intact as well as adding extra ease-of-use functions. So far so good.

Oh and its in widescreen.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 07:28   Link #84
brocko

Diablo III panel is starting now by the way. Get in on the action at Main Stage: http://eu.blizzard.com/wwi08/streams.xml

You gotta get use their Octoshape plug-in btw.

EDIT: Some stuff from the panel.
  • devs aiming to stay true to diablo universe. Trying to keep feel of part 1 and 2.
  • devs also aiming for better and more interesting story and lore, however they won't shove it down your throat if your not interested. Example of this is that your characters themselves are gonna have voices and are going to interact with other characters when you talk to them. EG: you and cain having an actual convo, rather than big monologues like in the previous games.
  • devs planning to make fresh character classes, currently no plans to carry the old classes over.
  • devs aiming for faster and more combat paced gameplay.
  • skill hotkeys have replaced the potion belt portion of the screen, you have a total of 6 hotkeys, 1-6. Makes it Much more easier to use then the f-keys.
  • potion belt has been removed. Reasons for this was that they potions were like an escape button. Crap im dying, potion. Crap im surrounded potion. The devs didn't like this. Rather they wanted to promote more skill usage to get out of difficult situation.
  • new heath globe system. Basically monsters drop health globes and you run into em to refill your health. This effects all party members within a relative distance so you won't have one guy hogging all the potions/life. What it also does is also help promote combat. EG: The only way to get health is to fight for it.
  • potions aren't entirely scrapped but they're trying to remove it as a core part of the game.
  • devs trying to reduce constant spamming of skills/spells and make you use a wide range and variety of skills instead. Trying to incorporate abit of strategy into it like positional gameplay and such rather than just constant clicking.
  • Devs keeping randomized system of Diablo. To improve on it they're going to have a new adventures system, basically scripted events/side quests that can be randomly placed anywhere. EG: clearing out a group of monster or protecting a caravan till it reaches it's destination or whatever. Randomisation overall improves replayability
  • new inventory system. No more inventory tetris, everything takes up one slot one now.
  • systems requirments most likely won't require directx 10
  • party size they want to keep at around 4 or 5. Anymore and it just gets too confusing on screen. They generally want guys to be close to each other, hence the health globe system, it's universal provided you're close to each other.
  • runes we don't know if they'll be back or not. When asked about he the devs said "no comment"
  • when asked about any secret levels (eg: secret cow or penguin level), they replied with it's a secret lol =P

Keep in mind alot of this stuff is still under-development, hence it probably wouldn't be unnatural if they were all subjected to change at one point or another. Remember nothing is set in stone just yet.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2008-06-28 at 09:14.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 09:46   Link #85
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Didn't thought D3 would really be in the making. I'm not sure what i'm more excited about, D3 or SC2. But will be two things to look forward to for the next few years knowing blizzards pace of releasing a game.

Blizzard D3 site seems to be zerged, it's really slow atm. After a long wait i still managed to see the gameplay trailer, and cinematic teaser.

The cinematic trailer is as expected of Blizzard entertainment. The gameplay trailer looked good to, though the graphics reminded me of WoW. Had a somewhat nostalgic feel when the barbarian used his whirlwind. Looking forward for more trailers. I Hope the game will at least be free

Anyone else felt it was wrong when he said: "now we will go to the most important part of the game. The loot" I hope it doesn't turn in to a next WoW where you have to hardcore grind/raid/pvp, or in D3 case dungeon crawl. And of course let's hope not everyone will walk around with CTA/BOTD in D3 style from duped stuff.

And i think i'll need to build myself a new PC for SCII and D3 when they are released. And my compliments to blizzard site design, looks awesome.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 09:59   Link #86
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

The ending of the gameplay was epic
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 10:03   Link #87
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

For the people who cba using blizzard way of downloading the video. All 3 videos are 720p

Cinematic: http://www.gamershell.com/download_28314.shtml 47.74MB
Artwork: http://www.gamershell.com/download_28316.shtml 86.9MB
Gameplay: http://www.gamershell.com/download_28318.shtml 568.75MB

Old 2008-06-28, 10:44   Link #88
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
# devs planning to make fresh character classes, currently no plans to carry the old classes over.
Then in the gameplay video why did they have the Barb with new skills? Just to demo? hell he is on the website as a playable class. =/ Dammit I was looking forward to Necromancer + Witch Doctor shenanigans.
Old 2008-06-28, 11:04   Link #89
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Then in the gameplay video why did they have the Barb with new skills? Just to demo? hell he is on the website as a playable class. =/ Dammit I was looking forward to Necromancer + Witch Doctor shenanigans.
Yeah, my guess is that they won't bring over MOST of the old class, but perhaps 1 or 2, depending on how many classes they intend to put in total...

My money is on that the Paladins would return; Blizzard LOVES their Paladins...

I'm sorry to say this, but the Witch Doctors looks like their replacements for the Necromancers...
Old 2008-06-28, 11:09   Link #90
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

the characters/some monsters though kinda feels cartoonish, imo
Old 2008-06-28, 11:10   Link #91
brocko

Mr Hats and Clogs I think you're taking what i said a bit too literal there, probably and partially my fault for not phrasing it right either lol =P As seen with the trailer and website, the Barb is probably most definitely back but don't get your hopes for the rest since they've stated that it's not one of their plans to carry all of the old classes over.

The witch doctor to me looks like a cross between the necro and druid.

EDIT: Also another point i want to expand on.

By faster and more combat paced gameplay: I mean the devs are gonna make a lot more crowd control skills and they want them to feel more powerful too (eg: through sfx and sound effects and what not). They want the gameplay to be very smooth and combat paced. They don't want us running away or avoiding battles half the time hence, the health globe system and they also didn't want people drinking after every fight much like what happens in WoW. They want us to constantly move forward to try and re-capture that diablo feel of venturing into the unkown. So yea that's one extra thing that they're aiming for in D3.

Also currently no word on whether they'll be a subscription fee or not. But I'm assuming it'll probably be free to play after the initial purchase. The new battlenet is apparently gonna be really awesome as well (as already hinted and mentioned with the developments of SC2). Can't wait! ><

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2008-06-28 at 11:24.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 11:20   Link #92
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

well we got like 2 characters announced. thats outta 5. so we only got 3 left. I guess they are trying to stick with diablo 2 and leave it as 5 chars and then maybe give us an expansion to add 2 more? just a assumption.

i hope they keep necro - my first char i played in d2, ah the good ol days.
Old 2008-06-28, 11:27   Link #93
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
the characters/some monsters though kinda feels cartoonish, imo
That's been Blizzard's style since the original Warcraft.

I actually think it makes them somewhat unique since there's tons of other companies that do the "realistic" look.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 11:44   Link #94
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
well we got like 2 characters announced. thats outta 5. so we only got 3 left. I guess they are trying to stick with diablo 2 and leave it as 5 chars and then maybe give us an expansion to add 2 more? just a assumption.

i hope they keep necro - my first char i played in d2, ah the good ol days.

I've just checked their FAQ; You're right, there will be a maximum of 5 classes in this game. 2 of them already announced, with the Witch Doctor looking like a possible replacement for the Necromancer.

My guess is most likely, 2 of the remaining spot would go to classes that resembles Rogues/Assassins and Mage/Casters.
Old 2008-06-28, 12:56   Link #95
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nice CG intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
with the Witch Doctor looking like a possible replacement for the Necromancer.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! This cannot beeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 13:23   Link #96
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nice CG intro.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! This cannot beeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Aah well, i don't mind it to much, the witch doctor seems to be able to summon minions to. What i like the most about necromancer was that he could summon mass skeletons, combined with amplifie and corpse explosion. It was quite fun to solo.

Unless you miss being able to trap people and spam mass spirits at them Though the Witch doctor might have his own version of those, though i wouldn't count on that

Old 2008-06-28, 13:49   Link #97
Xacual

Sorceress better make a come back, I made so many of those in D2.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 14:33   Link #98
Snuffle
likes cute things

Currenty downloading the videos, and all I have to say is FINALLY!!!! Been waiting for a D3 for years -_-;;

BTW, do I need a certian codec to view those vids? Or are they in the standard avi, wmv, mov? Can't tell since they are in *.zip
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 14:47   Link #99
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Barbarian- Very much like Warcraft 3 with Ground Stomp, Cleave(Pitlord), Seismic Slam(Tauren Chieftain) but some very goody moves came back like Leap and whirlwind from Diablo 2. Hope they don't go too much of those fancy moves and more stats build like crits and all.

Witchdoctor - Your Necromancer, it knows FEAR OMGWTF.

So far I think Paladin and Mage will be coming back, hope they rig pally again. Another thing is hate how they messed up the potion system and all. Hell, I love mass drinking them 1111. Another thing is I actually like how you fit thing in your inventory so it is like... use your brain but damn.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-06-28 at 15:25.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 15:19   Link #100
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
As long as I have my barbarian, I am happy!

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler