AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 23:24   Link #301
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Chaos likes statutory raaaappppe D:
*Teases*
... ()

Quote:
Though on that topic you DO see a lot of YurixJudith compared to YurixEstelle... And lots of the YxE isn't even vaguely romantic. You see quite a few EstellexRita. Though 'many' means like 5 or somethin' when there's only like 20+ pictures on Danbooru
I'm not surprised though, people seem to like Judith alot, despite her initial flaws... I guess that's the power of a cute girl...

("But I'm a cute girl too !!!")

Anyway, it's subtle yes, but after the cut scenes in Aurnion, Mantaic, and the reunion in Zaphias, I don't think Yuri and Estelle could be place under the 'just friends' bin.

Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't matter- Yuri's the "pheromone -boy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I don't think there was any Yuri x Judy relationship ever implied, just instances of him randomly flirting with her, like when he referred to her as "eye candy" when he first saw her with the full-body armor off.
Well, it's just simply because they got along so well with each other

Their character are quite simliar.

Quote:
I got the impression that Estelle liked Yuri but Yuri didn't see her as more than a friend.
Spoiler for events near end of game:
I chalk it under "that's just how Yuri is".

He's a laid back kinda guy after all, this is about as 'emotional' as he's gonna get.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-10-01 at 00:03.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 02:11   Link #302
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
I got the impression that Estelle liked Yuri but Yuri didn't see her as more than a friend.
Spoiler for events near end of game:
Yea, the scenario team also mentioned Yuri actually noticing it but decided to pretend he doesn't know 'cause that's him. He view Estelle as someone to protect more than someone to fall in love with.

Oh, it's "the night before the final battle". We get it in every single Tales. x3
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:44   Link #303
TrueKnight

I never meant Yuri and Judith in a romantic way. It's just how the way he flirts with her proving that he's straight. He digs at her assets that for sure. If theres actual romance, I'd put my money on Karol x Nan, Yuri x Estelle and probably Flynn x Sodia . >.>
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 10:32   Link #304
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I think the Yuri x Judith thing spawns from that fact that Judith is a big teasing flirt And from some of her victory quotes with him and other things like that. It's really just taking the fact she teases people and flirts for fun to a different angle. Probably also the fact they both LOVE to fight (Though Yuri tries to deny this doesn't he? )

Really the only CANON romance is well Karol x Nan. The rest has various hints here and there but nothing concrete is really given.

I'm curious as to how people imply a more then 'just friends' from the ending sketches in Vesperia.
Spoiler for Maybe spoilers:

But back on the Yuri x Estelle thing I view it more as a brother x sister type of relationship. But again 'tis just me.
Old 2008-10-01, 11:36   Link #305
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Probably also the fact they both LOVE to fight (Though Yuri tries to deny this doesn't he? )
I don't think so really, I remember several skits in which Yuri was talking to the others about how he loves the challenge and excitement of fighting, even one saying he wished a certain boss was stronger because the fight was over too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori
Oh, it's "the night before the final battle". We get it in every single Tales. x3
Yeah, knew that, wasn't aware it had been given a technical term though, haha.

Speaking of which, the use of certain attachments/costumes makes that particular scene really funny when it isn't meant to be. Watching Karol talk completely seriously while wearing the girly costume and the pipe with a mustache is just, wow. (This works for pretty much any scene obviously but I find it especially hilarious with this one).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 13:27   Link #306
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Also the ending sucks imo.
That's a given with any story in this age, really. Must keep room for a sequel, laziness, etc.
Old 2008-10-01, 19:36   Link #307
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Yeah, knew that, wasn't aware it had been given a technical term though, haha.

Speaking of which, the use of certain attachments/costumes makes that particular scene really funny when it isn't meant to be. Watching Karol talk completely seriously while wearing the girly costume and the pipe with a mustache is just, wow. (This works for pretty much any scene obviously but I find it especially hilarious with this one).
It's technically called 決戦前夜, but no English term for it, so I just did a translation. xD

I love to have Yuri with the tank top, Prince, the shinai, and those two erm, "wow Yuri's so cool!" scenes. They're afraid of the shinai. xD
Old 2008-10-01, 20:31   Link #308
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
It's technically called 決戦前夜, but no English term for it, so I just did a translation. xD

I love to have Yuri with the tank top, Prince, the shinai, and those two erm, "wow Yuri's so cool!" scenes. They're afraid of the shinai. xD
Hmm, don't think I've ever actually even seen the Prince, I kept Yuri in his normal costume with the black hat the entire game because I liked the style. Also kept Judith in the maid costume the whole time and Estelle in the "seduce the guard" costume (fanservice ftw). Sadly I didn't get the latter till near the end of the game, since I played with no guide or prior knowledge whatsoever and was afraid that forcing Estelle to seduce him could possibly lower her "affection rating" if the game had such a system.

Speaking of playing with no guide, I'm pretty proud that I also completed many of the sidequests without it. After managing to find almost nothing in Abyss I was downright obsessive this time in checking every area after every major story event. Of course my total playtime was also obscenely high because of this (around 75 hrs on a single playthrough).
Old 2008-10-01, 23:33   Link #309
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Speaking of playing with no guide, I'm pretty proud that I also completed many of the sidequests without it. After managing to find almost nothing in Abyss I was downright obsessive this time in checking every area after every major story event. Of course my total playtime was also obscenely high because of this (around 75 hrs on a single playthrough).
I only missed a few stuffs for this game, since quite a few of them lasts all the way 'till the end of the game. Only really completely missed Judy's spear and the giganto quest first time around.

75 hours doesn't sound all that long, really, took me 95 hours on first playthrough, and I know others that gone into 100's for their first. >_>
Old 2008-10-02, 00:25   Link #310
krisslanza

I prefer Judith's Gambler outfit myself... And Estelle's Heroine or Magical Maiden. Rita's Seeker is awesome.

I only use a normal Yuri with no attachments. It just seems... The best. Estelle + Angel and Rita + Devil. Judith's Visor is nice too. But Yuri? Nothing seems just... Right.
Old 2008-10-02, 00:55   Link #311
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I liked Karol in the Golden ...something outfit. The one he gets from Nan.
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 01:14   Link #312
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Judith's Glamorious Maid, Estelle's Heroine or Magical Maiden, and Rita's Kitty Cat Waitress costumes were the best.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 01:58   Link #313
problemedchild
ô_ô

I ran around with
Yuri - True Knight or Dark Enforcer
Estelle - Magical Maiden or Enchanting Belle with Angel Wings
Judith - Maid or Enchanting Beauty
Karol - Warehouse manager with pipe
Raven - His knight costume
Rika - Miska with Evil Wings
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 08:25   Link #314
krisslanza

Why no love for Judith's Gambler outfit? I feel it's the best one myself. The Maid is nice but if the game isn't gonna reward me with panty shots what's the point? D:
Old 2008-10-02, 11:58   Link #315
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Why no love for Judith's Gambler outfit? I feel it's the best one myself. The Maid is nice but if the game isn't gonna reward me with panty shots what's the point? D:
Spoiler for Contains plot spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori
I only missed a few stuffs for this game, since quite a few of them lasts all the way 'till the end of the game. Only really completely missed Judy's spear and the giganto quest first time around.

75 hours doesn't sound all that long, really, took me 95 hours on first playthrough, and I know others that gone into 100's for their first. >_>
I missed the giganto one too. According to the guide that I now own, one of them is just a random spawn in some far-off corner of the map, I still have never found him. Of course I never trust those guides to be completely accurate anyway, this one warns that the Brutic (think that's his name) giganto in the forest before Myorzo is extremely powerful, yet I defeated him while way underleveled by just spam attacking him; he was staggered or stunned almost the whole fight. Then again I guess nothing on normal is technically all that hard.
Old 2008-10-02, 16:40   Link #316
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Then again I guess nothing on normal is technically all that hard.
Unless you overleveled, final boss 3rd form and bonus dungeon final boss are both pretty hard. (That is, if you don't abuse Rita.)
Old 2008-10-02, 16:59   Link #317
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
Unless you overleveled, final boss 3rd form and bonus dungeon final boss are both pretty hard. (That is, if you don't abuse Rita.)
Honestly I only threw that line in there at the last second to ward off the typical "lolol u playd teh game on normal u noob of course that guy waz ez" types, though there don't really seem to be any of those in this thread luckily.

Also, not only do I not abuse Rita, I don't even use her period. She is just way too annoying and I typically don't like non-healer magic users. (Made an exception for Jade in Abyss though, that guy's personality was just too awesome to not use him.) Still used her more than Raven though, I used him so little I actually got a skit where he asked me to please put him in the party for once.
Old 2008-10-02, 17:18   Link #318
krisslanza

B-but Rita is like... Awesome incarnate T_T
Even more then JADE. D:
Old 2008-10-02, 17:49   Link #319
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
B-but Rita is like... Awesome incarnate T_T
Even more then JADE. D:
Impossible. There is nobody cooler than Jade, at all. A genius, sarcastic (without being a loudmouth who hits everyone like a certain other mage), able to break a slot seal with nothing more than his own willpower, talks down to the emperor, can pull off the bishounen look despite being in his 30s, does a whole bunch of really important stuff that I don't feel like putting behind spoiler tags, and even has an air-conditioned uniform.

I mean come on, when you get ambushed from behind his quote is an incredibly sarcastic "Hahahahaha! This is horrible!" He's so badass he already knows the enemy can't touch him.

Sorry, guess I should have saved this for the Tales of the Abyss anime thread.
Old 2008-10-02, 19:29   Link #320
krisslanza

And by me saying Rita is cooler should speak volumes of how AWESOME she is o. o
Rita's violence-ness is the only reason I could keep playing D: Otherwise I'd have to put up with annoying Karol and his stupidity and hang myself. ._.

Tags
rpg