AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 21:39   Link #3201
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
It sure was.
but yeah more seriously , I wonder what is Negi's power level now. lol.
Low. Given the tactic he used, his power level is still low. But he's smart

Even if he wins against Rakan, I doubt he could beat Fate.

But if Negi wins we will at least get some answers, because Rakan promised to give him some infos about his mother if he wins. I guess Rakan never imagined that the current Negi could win against him.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:44   Link #3202
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

mmmh , so basically , Negi still doesn't stand a chance against fate.
I wonder where Akamatsu is going with this.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:54   Link #3203
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Is it me or the manga getting terrible by each ch? Seems like it's turn like all other fighting mangas.
Me too.

I like Negima! because the girls, not Negi. Although, Negi is the main character. But we spend 6+ chapters for two (actually four) guys battle, with me, it's boring... Compare with Negi vs Fate chapters, when they switched every girls' matchs, a ton of funny and ecchi stuff... That's Negima! for you

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:55   Link #3204
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

But if Negi wins we will at least get some answers, because Rakan promised to give him some infos about his mother if he wins. I guess Rakan never imagined that the current Negi could win against him.
Serving himself a double dose of raw lightning (), sheer tenacity, and carving giant runes in the middle of power counts as more than just "smart". But power level or not, Negi is one badass 11-ish year old.

As for the answers... maybe. Rakan being Rakan, I'm sure he could always pull out an excuse if he really didn't want to say. Or just charge Negi up the ass, again.
Old 2009-04-07, 22:06   Link #3205
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Me too.

I like Negima! because the girls, not Negi. Although, Negi is the main character. But we spend 6+ chapters for two (actually four) guys battle, with me, it's boring... Compare with Negi vs Fate chapters, when they switched every girls' matchs, a ton of funny and ecchi stuff... That's Negima! for you
Funny. I remember reading somewhere that the sensei WANTED to do an action manga, but his editors forced him to do Love Hina redux, which he complied until he was ready to spring the story into a new direction.
Old 2009-04-07, 22:07   Link #3206
chaosprophet

It's interesting how KA set up this fight. I saw some people complaing that after defeating Rakan Negi could easily defeat Fate... but even if you don't consider a lot of help he needed to set up his plan most of these techs won't work easily with Fate because he know abou them now... he knows Negi can absorbs others attack.

Edit: Took to long to write this and some already beat me to it.:P
Old 2009-04-07, 22:11   Link #3207
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
mmmh , so basically , Negi still doesn't stand a chance against fate.
I wonder where Akamatsu is going with this.
I see it instead as emphasizing that he doesn't need raw power to beat Fate. True, Fate is probably more crafty than Rakan, but I think the chapter highlights that Negi needs to use his talents, such as his intelligence and wit, to win against Fate, instead of his raw power. Also, the girls are there.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 23:03   Link #3208
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

I think my main concern is mostly , how do they plan on getting back Asuna , when they'll realize she's missing. If the real Asuna was with Negi , I somehow ( not sure why , just a feeling I get ) wouldn't have doubted his chances of defeating fate , but now that she's not here with him , I can see that as a major inconvenient.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 01:26   Link #3209
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I get the feeling that Rakan already knows Asuna is missing just wants Negi too figure it out.

Also If Negi wins against Rakan, it would be out of intelligence and tactics plus team work. Indeed he used alot of high-level powers on close terms with Rakan but he won him with brains not brawns..... Thats only if.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:36   Link #3210
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

I think Negi would at least be over 5,000.

His just not at the top tier.

Keep in mind that his fighting Rakan a man who can take on the Thousand Master himself.

I really liked this chapter as it does emphasize using brains over just getting a new powerup to win the match. Negima uses 4 different Trumps before revealing his final trump which was to use Rakan's power against him.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 15:54   Link #3211
kittybear

I think there is 1-2 more chapters left until the end of the tournament. Lets just hope negi doesnt have to pay damages and taxes if he wins the match.
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 16:09   Link #3212
Xacual

I'm thinking the fight will end up as a tie, Negi collapsing along with Rakan after using ME to absorb his power even for a small time. Koutarou would then be the only one left up right, still leading to the needed win.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 16:43   Link #3213
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Re: power levels.

Even with a plan, Negi needed to be this strong to have the opportunity to put his in motion, as opposed to being KOed in an instant. He needed enough power to goad Rakan, too.

As for how he'd do against Fate - power wasn't the issue before, and it's not the issue now. Even pre-power-up, Negi was strong enough to hurt Fate... if he connected. But Fate's unlikely to mess around as much as Rakan, and he's the small, hard to hit guy type. Still, Negi's new speed may come in handy. As well the one-hit-KO attacks he's acquired.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 18:01   Link #3214
Cinocard

Can Negi use Asuna's sword and his lightning transform at the same time? May be not, it would be illogical and overpower then. But if he can, I don't see anyway Fate can win against him wihtout a power-up.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 18:05   Link #3215
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
When it comes down to Negi fighting Fate, he has the power to hurt him, just not the skill or speed to continue to do the damage to defeat Fate. Rakan went into his fight with Negi thinking that he would not need to use his full strength to win. I think that Negi's new speed will be the a great asset when he fights Fate.
Old 2009-04-09, 02:26   Link #3216
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Me too.

I agree. While I don't mind the increasing amount of fighting in general, it bothers me that Negi has far surpassed all the girls. For me the best thing in Negima was always a big cast of cute, hot, smart and most importantly strong female characters. And I don't mean only 3A girls, up til Magical World Arc even the "evil masterminds" of all previous arcs were girls. But since the beginning of the current arc not a single really strong girl was introduced, not even in Rakan's flashback.

At the beginning of the current arc Negi was still much weaker than some Ala Alba girls, and suddenly he's many times stronger than Setsuna or Kaede. If it goes on like that they will be reduced to some background weaklings who would die in one hit. Even Kotarou seems to have surpassed all the girls...

I really hope Negima won't become another typical shonen manga where all singificant fighting is done by guys, and girls only cheer for them from the back lines while fighting small fries.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 03:55   Link #3217
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I think that if Asuna gets her memory´s back she will remember everything she knew before and become alot stronger than Negi.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 20:07   Link #3218
Pong

Quote:
When it comes down to Negi fighting Fate, he has the power to hurt him, just not the skill or speed to continue to do the damage to defeat Fate.
I think it was quite the opposite myself. Negi had enough sill and speed to hang with Fate it was just that he didn't have enough power to brake the Mandala barrier and not enough stamina too keep fighting.

Fate actually didn't overwhelm Negi in that fight he simply waited until Negi tired himself in unsuccessful attacks.

Quote:
I agree. While I don't mind the increasing amount of fighting in general, it bothers me that Negi has far surpassed all the girls. For me the best thing in Negima was always a big cast of cute, hot, smart and most importantly strong female characters. And I don't mean only 3A girls, up til Magical World Arc even the "evil masterminds" of all previous arcs were girls. But since the beginning of the current arc not a single really strong girl was introduced, not even in Rakan's flashback.

At the beginning of the current arc Negi was still much weaker than some Ala Alba girls, and suddenly he's many times stronger than Setsuna or Kaede. If it goes on like that they will be reduced to some background weaklings who would die in one hit. Even Kotarou seems to have surpassed all the girls...

I really hope Negima won't become another typical shonen manga where all singificant fighting is done by guys, and girls only cheer for them from the back lines while fighting small fries.

Well from a one point of view it actually makes sense. And that point of view is looking at the structure of the story. Despite what it looked like in the beginning MSN isn't a romantic comedy of any sort, far from it . It isn't like Love Hina where the central issue of he story was "Who is gonna end up with he main character?" . In Negima it isn't even that important of a question (Though fandom gets heated up over it as much as everywhere ). And thats because Negima is completely different type of story altogether.

Because when you go right down to it Negima is a coming of age story. Its story of negi who grows from a kid into a true successor of his father greatness. Everything else is just add t make the story more interesting but the coming of age is it core.

You are probably wondering what it have to do with Negi becoming one man army? Well just think of Negi at the beginning of the story and how much he'd grown.

He was very unsure of himself -now he is growing more and more confident.

He was rather clumsy- now he is very capable

He was very much alone and in his heart there wasn't almost no one beside his father- Now he has a true partner in Asuna, he has Kotarou who is practically like a brother to him, he has his own Nakama in the Members of Ala Alba and even gained not one but two mentors (Eva & Rakan).

He was also weak- true he was strong enough to fend for himself but he could not do everything alone. He had to often ask the girls for help. Heck that the entire point of having partners! That's all good and all and allows for more focus on other characters but just compare that to Nagi Springfield legendary "Thousand Master" who was invincible and was said to never use the helps from partners.

If Negi ever was to surpass or even match his father he must also do it i strength. This means that he must become strongest in the world - and strong enough to fight is battles without help.

So I believe that Negi surpassing all the girls isn't just effect of akamatsu forgetting to develop them in the rush but a conscious decision that makes sens in the context of the story and keeps to its theme.

Of course it doesn't mean we have to like it but it is at least reassuring that Ken do it for a reason and not because he is losing his touch.

Last edited by Pong; 2009-04-09 at 20:39.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:15   Link #3219
ChronoReverse

Hmm, Negi made the magic circle back with his first Thousand Lightning armamentium. Pretty neat how he did it without Rakan even noticing.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:54   Link #3220
orangejuicetang

am I the only one who thinks that rakan's best nickname by for is "that damn guy who you can stab with swords all you like and it won't do a thing dammit" due to it's awesomeness and funniness?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy