AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-02, 09:03   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ahoy ahoy! So I watched an episode of Bleach. The whole twenty minutes. Lol me... it's a flashback. What takes the cake is the fact it will be continued in episode 296. AWESOME!!! Really? The sad thing is that these flashbacks draw a stark contrast to what Bleach used to be during the SS arc and what it is now. Watching these flashback reminded the time when I along with many other thought Bleach had a purpose. And then.... Kubo became rich!

*CRIIIIIIIESSSS*

Before I drag anybody with me as I drown in my despondency, has anyone yet done a gif of Ichigo running toward the sunrise as his butt wiggles to the rythm of the ending song's

~nan nan nan nana nan nan na na~

??

I'm also sorry if I've offended by talking about Ichigo's arse/butt/hiney, but to my defense there really wasn't much to talk about from this episode, was there? Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will sresult in a BAN!
Old 2010-11-02, 09:32   Link #2
Jerseykid

Can never have too much recap!

So now we know what I always suspected that Ichigo's entire path was part of a greater master plan.

Where was Aizen watching this stuff? In that building where he defeated Toshiro the first time? The timeline between that and showing up at the hill after Byakuya was defeated is so close.
Old 2010-11-02, 09:35   Link #3
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Oh, how nice. 20 minutes of flashbacks of better episodes along with some seconds of Aizen watching tv. How exciting. It does beg the question, however: Who exactly was videotaping Ichigo vs Byakuya?
I wonder if all these flashbacks are because the anime production thinks anyone who watchs this show does not have the mental capacity to remember ichigo's most important figths or because an entire chapter of the manga just filled seven minutes out of twenty.

"this post is part of Aizen's plan"
Old 2010-11-02, 09:38   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Where was Aizen watching this stuff? In that building where he defeated Toshiro the first time? The timeline between that and showing up at the hill after Byakuya was defeated is so close.
But he has got flies at his disposal that can transmit visual information to him. Now if Aizen-sama is clever enough which I'm sure he feels strongly about, he had the means to record the visual data some where. That way he can watch the data in his leisure without contradicting any timeline. Doesn't this also make you wonder that if there were any flies buzzing around when Ichigo was taking his shower?

Dear god... what's wrong with me? Curse you anime flashback.....
Old 2010-11-02, 09:46   Link #5
Aqua Knight

Omake was better than the actual episode
Old 2010-11-02, 09:52   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ichigo's omake punk suit makes me wonder what bleach would have been like had it gone down the deliquent school life path (Beelzebub, KKOW, H2B0Y, etc.), but what makes me wonder even more is...you guessed it, how the hell did Aizen watch the Ichigo VS Byakuya fight! Even more than that, how did he arrange for Rukia to barge into Ichigo's room?
Quote:
I'm also sorry if I've offended by talking about Ichigo's arse/butt/hiney, but to my defense there really wasn't much to talk about from this episode, was there?
You get to see Aizen's bare chest and you focus on Ichigo's wiggling ass?
Old 2010-11-02, 10:24   Link #7
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Ichigo's omake punk suit makes me wonder what bleach would have been like had it gone down the deliquent school life path (Beelzebub, KKOW, H2B0Y, etc.), but what makes me wonder even more is...you guessed it, how the hell did Aizen watch the Ichigo VS Byakuya fight! Even more than that, how did he arrange for Rukia to barge into Ichigo's room?

You get to see Aizen's bare chest and you focus on Ichigo's wiggling ass?
it was just as confusing in the manga.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:36   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Doesn't really make the anime any better though, does it?
Old 2010-11-02, 11:55   Link #9
BlackDove
Unheard

Way to filler it up Pierrot.

It's not enough that the first five to seven minutes of any given episode are always filler.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:05   Link #10
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So a couple minutes of actually new stuff and the rest was flashbacks/recap. Still have to cover the rest of the SS arc and the stuff to this point. Though preview does seem like they will fit some new stuff in there.

Would love to see Ichigo killing Aizen then asking if that was part of the plan. Of course it was since everything from the start of time was part of Aizen's plan!

Still suppose the flashbacks do remind us of how much better the show used to be. Though that leaves you wanting to see Ichigo take Aizen down already and just end it.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:26   Link #11
sayde

So did the anime put in more flashback scenes than was in the manga? Given how the anime has covered 2-3 chapters as of the last few episodes on top of how close the anime is to catching up to the manga and I'd say that's hardly a surprise. The anime team has to squeeze filler into every moment they can to make the season last a full one. And flashbacks have got to be among the easiest types of filler to make.

*edit*

I like how the anime clarifies exactly how Aizen was able to monitor all these moments of progress (via robotic flies). It may not be the most gratifying explanation in the world, but at least it's an explanation.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-02 at 12:48.
Old 2010-11-02, 13:40   Link #12
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Wow I am pissed. I woke up today and was like OMG OMG OMG YAYYYYYY and then i was like "wot wot wait no please not another old fight...please end it with this one...no why are you showing us that one too??!? no no PLEASE STOP IT"S ALREADY 18 minutes in!!!! NOOOOOO"

Exactly how i felt :'(. Ended up cutting my nails the whole time >.<
Old 2010-11-02, 13:43   Link #13
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Even more than that, how did he arrange for Rukia to barge into Ichigo's room?
Easy, all questions can be answered by Aizen's release of his sword. lolololol

and I'm sorry, Monir...did you just say that the flashbacks will continue into episode 296 as well? Wtf?!?!? Don't tell me they're gonna put in MORE fights. I mean afterall, theres no way of Aizen recording and watching the fight between ichigo and batman!!! wtawoidfha;soijcx;lkajweporhias;ohnclkmks.dafeawer f!@#@$#@%@$#!@#!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. - Now i'm really hoping Gin backstabs the hell out of Aizen while saying "Keikaku doriii". I'm just so sick of seeing Aizen being so damn cocky.

But on a more interesting note from the 30 seconds of actual new material, what do you think Aizen wants to do with Ichigo? Seems like he wanted Ichigo to keep growing stronger, but for what reason? Is some sacrifice needed or something!? Or maybe it's one of those "lulul i want you to grow stronger so i can have someone to play along with"
Old 2010-11-02, 15:56   Link #14
Fran~
floating away...

So, what is canon and what not?... that is the million dollar question about this chapter...

Man, the first part of the episode was so "Ichigo i'm your father, kekekekeke" "

About the omake, i would love that Bleach would follow that path... i need my Yankee-kun to Megane-chan in anime format

Kubo, you suck!
Old 2010-11-02, 16:15   Link #15
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post

About the omake, i would love that Bleach would follow that path... i need my Yankee-kun to Megane-chan in anime format

Kubo, you suck!
Yeah, I wish for the fillers they'd have all the shinigami in high school and just have some scenes and stuff (like that one ED i think...gawsh matsumoto... :] )

not to mention, a class trip to the beach episode!!

Old 2010-11-02, 17:14   Link #16
sayde

Delinquent Ichigo should request a transfer. Toudou Academy is calling.
Old 2010-11-02, 18:59   Link #17
shtanimerocks
he who pwns all
*Author

wow im just surprised that Aizen set everything up for Ichigo to become stronger but how did he make Ichigo go under hollow fiction in the first place i doubt he did secretly and if he did how or was Ichigo already born like that?

you're all f@#$%& now!!
Old 2010-11-02, 19:34   Link #18
Uchiha Soul

i shocked when Aizen said that everything was planned!!! .. poor Ichi if i were him, i wont be able to distinguish between which part of my life was planned and which was not.
but this is Aizen and nothing impossible for Aizen-Sama

Old 2010-11-02, 19:37   Link #19
BigGimp77

Best Bleach episode in a long time!!!! No seriously... It was flash backs of when Bleach was actually a good show! I remember those days

Something that I just never realized how much it mattered, but the fights were SOOOOOOOOOOO much better before everyone randomly developed the ability to fly and hover in the air DBZ style. (WHEN THE HELL DID THEY ALL OF A SUDDEN LEARN TO FLY ANY WAY?!?!)

Fights are just much more creative and better choreographed when being limited to the ground. In the air it's basically "Shunpo, attack, Shunpo attack, Shunpo, use special attack"
Old 2010-11-02, 20:41   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Delinquent Ichigo should request a transfer. Toudou Academy is calling.
Nah, Toudou is for badasses like Kamina, Simon would be barely accepted... so is a big no..... Monshiro High is most suited for Ichigo... although Shinagawa is WAAAYYY more badass than him, not to mention, Hana-Sama would kick Ichigo's ass without effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Yeah, I wish for the fillers they'd have all the shinigami in high school and just have some scenes and stuff (like that one ED i think...gawsh matsumoto... :] )

not to mention, a class trip to the beach episode!!
And the classic Onsen Episode

Even Naruto has onsen episodes

Tags
weekly episode discussion