AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-06, 08:51   Link #21
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Japanese synopsis for Episode 7 to 10 are out
Translated:
Spoiler:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-11-21 at 20:46.
Old 2012-11-06, 11:59   Link #22
teja208
Critical fanboy

I don't feel like looking at these preview just yet. It might spoil all the romance development.
Old 2012-11-06, 12:25   Link #23
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Comment from Uchida (Rikka's seiyuu) in this month's Newtype:
Spoiler:

Old 2012-11-06, 12:28   Link #24
Skane
Anime Snark

Yuuta's ex-girlfriend?

Old 2012-11-06, 13:17   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 8 sounds very interesting... and romantic. Seems like we're going to get tons of Rikka x Yuuta development.
Old 2012-11-06, 20:26   Link #26
Warm Mist

FUCK YEAH TAKEMOTO. I am so hyped for ep 10 now.

Also Chise Kamoi + Rika Ota combo again, that should be really interesting too. They did Hyouka 20 which looked fantastical.

As for the plot of these previews,
Spoiler for courtesy:
Old 2012-11-06, 21:21   Link #27
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Episode staff breakdown (minus scripts; all were done by Hanada):

Episode 1/4:
Director/Storyboards (4 only): Eisaku Kawanami
Animation Director: Kayo Hikiyama
These two episodes were made by Animation DO staff. This group were in charge of Hyouka 11: the climax episode in the second arc prior to working on episode 1. Kawanami was in charge of Nichijou episode 21 which had a lot of focus on the teacher relationships and Mio boarding the flying airship. They seem to be talented at focusing on the fleshing of relationships.

Episodes 2/6:
Director/Storyboards (6 only): Ichirou Miyoshi (Kigami)
Animation Director: Chiyoko Ueno
Both KyoAni veterans who surprisingly worked on different Hyouka episodes, but did Nichijou 6, 14, 20 (deer fighting, Mio/Yuuko argument, manga episode). It was clear Kigami was used for the fight in episode 2, but other episodes have done decent with their delusional fight scenes. From the description of episode 6, I can't see why these two were given it, but we'll see what'll happen.

Episodes 3/9:
Director/Storyboards: Noriyuki Kitanohara
Animation Director: Nobuaki Maruki
Another KyoAni veteran director (did many great dramatic episodes like After Story 24, Haruhi - Sigh IV, and Clannad 19) but interestingly paired with Maruki, who's first animation director credit was for Nichijou 25 (the friendship episode/Mio's long run). Both worked together in Hyouka to start the Baka arc and the Heli episode. Could we see more from this combination? They seem good for plot development arcs (not beginnings nor endings).

Episode 5:
Director/Storyboards: Hiroko Utsumi
Animation Director: Miku Kadowaki
On top of an amazing Chuunibyou episode, these two DO stars were also responsible for one of the better episodes of Hyouka: the valentine mystery. Both really started to shine with work on the Haruhi movie and then sparked in K-On!!. I really hope they get episode 11 or 12 to show their talent again in Chuunibyou.

Episode 7:
Director/Storyboards: Kazuya Sakamoto
Animation Director: Hiroyuki Takahashi
Both are industry veterans and multi-talented. Sakamoto has served as key animator, episode director, and animation director for various series. Takahashi has started to move to designs of locations/objects (he is in charge of the setting for Chuunibyou). With the summary and these two's versatility, I can't picture this being a stand-out episode similar to how episode 3 was.

Episode 8:
Director/Storyboards: Rika Oota
Animation Director: Chise Kamoi
Again, newcomers to KyoAni. Oota's only directing has been the Hyouka OVA and episode 20. Kamoi's had a few animation directing credits, but the only time they've worked together was episode 20 of Hyouka. I was impressed with that episode. It seems logical to assign an episode titled The Two's... to the same group who were able to execute a Hyouka episode focusing on Oreki/Chitanda interactions.

Episode 10:
Director/Storyboards: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Animation Director: Nao Naitou
Do I even need to talk about Takemoto? He's served as a wonderful supervisor in the Full Metal Panic and Hyouka series, he's directed many wonderful episodes in nearly all of KyoAni's works, and he's a bro. His partner, Naitou, has only done animation directing in two Hyouka episodes, rounding out the Kanya Fest arc. This should be interesting to see. I doubt we'll see this combo again.

And so that leaves us with two episodes' staff to speculate. Ishihara is clearly absent, so I wonder if we'll see him in episode 12 to finish this series or not. If not, who does he trust it to? Ichidate is also missing in action after finishing Hyouka, so he's also a candidate. Could we also see DO's top team again? How about Yamada? For animation directing, we've not seen Ikeda, Horiguchi, or Nishiya in Chuunibyou. I'm curious who'll get the climax portion of KyoAni's second original series.

Old 2012-11-06, 22:13   Link #28
Warm Mist

I don't think Ishihara will be directing, but he is probably going to storyboard the finale. As for the director, Yamada seems like the most likely candidate, hopefully with Horiguchi though I'm sure it will be Ikeda.

I'm just happy to see the OtaxKamoi combo developing. Chise Kamoi is an exceptionally good sakkan. She pays a lot of attention to expressions, and her more curvy, inconsistent lines are a style not seen much in Kyoani's other ADs. Her Nichijou works were also pleasant to look at.
Rika Ota seems like a total baby still, but I see potential in her direction. The storyboards she does aren't particularly unorthodox nor super clever, but they work and convey the action in a very concise manner. The lightning in Hyouka 20 was also superb, there were a lot of dark shots with scarce rays of light; it seemed like they paid special attention to that for the episode, maybe it's due to the enshutsu. We'll see.

A lot of staff is missing here, of course this is due to the show being a 1-cour, something Kyoani had not done for a while. But this gives them free time, and they're all probably working on a new project already. I wonder if we'll see Yamada doing series direction again, since she hasn't appeared much in Hyouka or Chuu2... Or maybe a new series director making his/her debut?

At any rate, the technical aspect has not disappointed me at all yet. Many say Hyouka looked better, but I don't see it.
Old 2012-11-06, 22:46   Link #29
rulfo

Oh shit.. I think I shouldn't have read those.

Anyway...

Since Takemoto is doing ep 10 and by the looks of it..

Spoiler for episode 10 expectation:

Well on a side note, I still believe Yamada + Horiguchi combo will surface in the end. Ishihara seems less likely because of the way the trend went on Nichijou. He only directed 1 episode out of the 26 and that wasn't even close to the finale.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-11-06 at 22:59.
Old 2012-11-06, 22:55   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The focus seems to be geared pretty heavily towards Yuuta and Rikka; I thought there would be at least one episode on the other girls (especially Kumin who has been relatively... Not so invested in the story) but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:25   Link #31
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Spevulation? Yuuta and mori summer get togeyher.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-06, 23:36   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Spevulation? Yuuta and mori summer get togeyher.

Arty
Heh, as much as I would like to humor that- There's no way it would happen now especially given the focus for this second half.
Old 2012-11-07, 05:29   Link #33
Philos
Official Siscon Member

Spoiler for A character-appearance related Question based on the novel:

Last edited by monir; 2012-11-07 at 08:30.
Old 2012-11-07, 06:19   Link #34
rulfo

Spoiler:

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-11-07 at 09:13.
Old 2012-11-07, 06:25   Link #35
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos View Post
Spoiler:
If they do that, I'll be very sad because she's a character who I'm looking forward to see the most.
Please follow the rules of the thread and put any novel content in spoiler tags.
Spoiler for answer:

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-11-07 at 06:42.
Old 2012-11-10, 14:41   Link #36
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

This one is going into this thread for a reason. Here's the beach illustration's translation:

Quote:
Summer Girls!
Though it'll soon be winter for us, our story has hit summer! Rikka, Shinka, Kumin, and Dekomori have all appeared in swimsuits! But wherever there is light, there is a shadow. The light is dazzling in its beauty, but are the shadows also deep?!

Kumin Tsuyuri:
As you hear Kumin-senpai go "That looks fun" when Rikka and Dekomori are having a delusional battle, it's evident she lacks any authority. She has taken an interest in Isshiki's bald head.
Kumin is an important Sleeping Beauty
Kumin is so under the impression that the circle is the Nap club that she keeps her own pillows in a locker. Her sleeping state using Chimera as a cat pillow is the second cutest she's been. She shouldn't mumble in her sleep as it's too air-headish. Calling Mori-Summer chubby is off-limits!

Sanae Dekomori:
This third year middle school girl calls herself Rikka's Servant. Not only does she wield her pigtails, she also wield Mjölnir during delusional battles. She seems to really dislike milk.
Dekomori is faithful to her chuuni soul
Dekomori is cute as she spreads the chuuni space together with Rikka. She even wrapped the ribbon that Shinka dropped on the ground around her arm when she battled Mori-Summer. Regardless, she's still an idiot. But will there be a day where she recovers from chuunibyou and we'll be able to see her real self?!

Shinka Nibutani:
Once her chuunibyou past was made public, she now exists in the present day as the Black Mage Mori-Summer. She deluded Yuuta by attempting to get close to him so she could erase her past.
Cat's out of the bag: Shinka's masochistic side is cute!
In order to get rid of the Mabinogion that causes her so much pain, Black Mage Mori-Summer deluded Yuuta. After we removed that cat, Nibutani enters a cute panicky state whenever someone quotes her chuuni past to her. Sometimes she returns to that state. But Yuuta, your crying is good too. It's alright man!!

Rikka Takanashi:
She depends on Yuuta for so much yet she still hasn't fit in with her other classmates. While she's invincible in her delusions, she's poor at human contact and math in the real world.
Cat's out of the bag: Nothing rivals Rikka's pitiful looks
Compared to her cool looks in her delusions, her expression after Yuuta rebukes her is vastly different. Personally, I recommend she use the Chimera hat look. Combined with her Gothic Lolita fashion, her facial expression is so cute. As we go through each episode, she gets cuter and cuter!

A few things have happened. the girl who accelerates Rikka's chuunibyou nature, the "Deathly" Dekomori, has appeared and the girl Yuuta was raising flags with, Shinka, has had her chuunibyou past revealed. And among that has been the re-affirmation of Rikka's cuteness as she mixes her real feelings with her chuunibyou nature when her poor skills at studying were revealed during studying for finals. According to Supervisor Tatsuya Ishihara and Series Composer Junki Hanada, Rikka's little sister nature and her dependance on Yuuta during their studying sessions were the troublesome little sister state. She had a teary and needy expression when she was notified that, if she didn't perform well on her next test, her circle would be disbanded. "What should I do?"
Spoiler for episode 7:

Old 2012-11-10, 17:27   Link #37
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Mori Summer-samaaaa *nosebleed*

That... short. Yes. Shorts are extremely hot.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-10, 19:36   Link #38
RJ TAYLER

Timely developments in the plot area alongside some fun in the sun (and appropriate for those residents in a certain hemisphere) would keep me fully engaged in the story-line. I wonder if we will see some light given to the past of the characters this time, we have had only (Yutta aside) the thinnest sliver of which to this point.
Old 2012-11-11, 08:25   Link #39
rulfo

I am liking that spoiler.... Can't wait to see the next episode.
Old 2012-11-12, 02:06   Link #40
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 7 Preview:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
Closed Thread