AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-10-17, 14:29   Link #2781
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Ban should go and retrieve his Sacred Treasure weapon or whatever it's called.

I agree about the chapter being an emotional one. I mean, really: dem feels. They really get to you.

Hopefully, the Sins and/or Elizabeth will be able to keep Meliodas from turning back to his old self after they find out the whole truth that Merlin just laid out to Escanor this chapter. It's also kind of sad that Meliodas couldn't tell what the look Ban gave him was, so if Alpha Knight is right, then it'd be good if Ban was able to successfully convey those feelings to him in a way that he'd be able to understand them.

The scene with Meliodas and Elizabeth at the end, where the latter embraced former like that, was just beautiful. Even more so by what the side-text on the page said.

And for now, at least, it seems like Meliodas isn't completely gone yet. He still doesn't like how killing Fraudrin made him feel so good. And I also like how he's worried that be able to save Elizabeth if he turns back into his old self, though I do wonder what he means by saving her. I mean, save her from what, exactly?
Old 2016-10-17, 18:06   Link #2782
deathstroke

i think that he turned into some kind of sociopath (those are the ones that don't have empathy and enjoy causing harm right?) but he still has his memories from when he was "normal" and his love for Elizabeth remains so he can see that his acting is wrong. i think that as long as he has her as a moral compass everything is going to be alright
deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 00:01   Link #2783
Twi

Sociopaths are the ones who can't empathize or care about others, but that doesn't meant they have to enjoy causing harm. If there's a scale he's probably on it, but I can't call him evil.

On a side-note, what are those pigs made out of? They've tanked more hits than a half of the sins.
Old 2016-10-18, 00:13   Link #2784
LevelSeven

^maybe they are like escanor with a curse? Or madbe they are the beginning of a sicth race

Either way, VERY good chapter, seeing meliodas crying.... this feels
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 07:57   Link #2785
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@deathstroke: While I agree with you about everything likely being alright as long as Elizabeth is with him, I'll have to agree with Twi about Meliodas being evil or a sociopath. His "old self" was the former, but until he completely reverts back, the current him is neither.

I wonder how long it'll take him to go back to being gentle? And I really hope he can be as strong as his "old self" was without having to lose his emotions or completely reverting back to being as he was back then. And it'd be great if Elizabeth could regain her memories from all of her past lives, if Liz and the goddess that Meliodas originally changed for were both her past incarnations (a confirmation about this in the manga would be great).
Old 2016-10-20, 15:45   Link #2786
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

A fanbook called Pair Sin was released along with volume 23.

Spoiler for Meliodas:

Last edited by Y Ddraig Goch; 2016-10-21 at 11:36. Reason: Correction on the fanbook's name
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 09:47   Link #2787
Random14

Its a relief to see that everyone, including Meliodas himself, is worried by his behavior. Not sure, but at least as far as I can remember this is the first time we've seen Meliodas so scared and in tears. Losing Elizabeth is one thing (and her various incarnations are probably related to the curse too), but reverting to his old self... that would be catastrophic.

During that chat with Zarathras, he mentioned that nothing can kill him, so I wonder how many other deaths he's had over the centuries, though most were probably suicide attempts since not much until recently could rival him.

Good chapter, glad we're seeing the aftermath of the big battle. I wonder where things will go from here- not like the Commandments are quite down and out (and I worry about Gowther now that Fraudin is dead).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 06:55   Link #2788
marvelB

It's spoiler time:

Spoiler for 197:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 09:40   Link #2789
LevelSeven

^YAY MORE KING!!

i wonder why he didnt show up while the fight with the demons happened :/
lets hope there will be a explanation for his and dianes disappereance..
Old 2016-10-22, 13:44   Link #2790
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Hopefully there will. But I think the Sins should also get answers from Meliodas and/or Merlin about Meliodas' curse. Elizabeth should as well, but she also needs to know about her past lives and what Meliodas meant by saving her.

Anyway, thanks for the spoiler, Marvel.
Old 2016-10-22, 15:06   Link #2791
LevelSeven

does anyone (besides me) think it is possible that elizabeth powers up and reaches a level where she can "cure" curses?

would certainly make her one of the demon kings biggest threats

and maybe even the angels will see her as a problem and dicide to kill her which will inevitably mean that we will see sins vs angels happening in the future too (yup, i repeat myself with the angels vs sins thing but i really want it to happen like i want to have a toriko space arc )

PS: could there be any chance for the sins to fight at other places other than britian?

EDIT: chapter 197 is out:

four places got shown:
1. melidoas'S friends trying to cheer up meliodas and merlins tates that only half of the damage could be saved,
and it seems to be: escanor can indeed stay in his "weak man" look even if the sun is up, i guess in the middle of that day he will get his muscle-body back,
OR he is simply not using his powers despite them getting more powerful

2. howzer still lives with his parents and now he has the highest position in the holy knight ranks XD

3. gowther is f*cking funny, but i guess we will soon get evil-gowther

4. king still doesnt have his wings,
maybe if he uses disaster on himself? but i wonder, what would the wings mean for him? a additional power up like with meliodas and his demon mode?
king would than have a wing-mode XD
anyway, diane is also training, she tries to master the earth-dance, and both meet while being completly naked
king x diange best OTP in history

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2016-10-24 at 10:19.
Old 2016-10-24, 15:07   Link #2792
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Gowther doesn't fail at being creepy, regardless of which camp he's on...OTOH Escanor knows how to be properly used by Merlin :P

The Ban/Meliodas drama is pretty good. I have to say it, people just don't write like this anymore, while NnT has actual reasons behind each fracture in the relationships of the team. I'm really looking forward to the rest of it - that includes King and Diane, as well.

Having a peek at Hauser's life also serves to remark just how different life is for a holy knight when compared to...pretty much any normal citizen. I really hope he doesn't die anytime soon.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 18:39   Link #2793
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^YAY MORE KING!!

i wonder why he didnt show up while the fight with the demons happened :/
lets hope there will be a explanation for his and dianes disappereance..
I would wager that growing his wings would be King's key to a power up. There is probably a reason why only he and his sister have no wings... As for Diane, if i recall they never did fix her memory so she's not exactly back in fighting form. Though i think her dancing will also be key to a power up for her. Granted, kinda odd how she could ignore the whole demon invasion. Heck the demons would be unlikely to let her have any peace

Granted, the idea of either of them getting a power up feels a bit less necessary. That's actually one of the problems with this past arc. The Demons got so effortlessly beaten by Mel, Merlin and Escanor that they actually feel like less of a threat now. Escanor providing a beat down was fine since he feels like something of a novelty, but Merlin and Mel in addition to him were a bit too much. Except for the giant and the fairy, the ten commandments just got their asses handed to them and with little effort. With how overpowered those 3 felt it almost begs to ask why we need the rest. Author really should have held back on the sins comeback to help maintain the threat of the demons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Gowther doesn't fail at being creepy, regardless of which camp he's on...OTOH Escanor knows how to be properly used by Merlin :P
Speaking of Escanor, since its morning shouldn't he be bulking up a bit? Little dab of inconsistency there.
Old 2016-10-24, 19:23   Link #2794
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Speaking of Escanor, since its morning shouldn't he be bulking up a bit? Little dab of inconsistency there.
Are we sure that he can't hold back on it or try and suppress it if he wanted to?
Old 2016-10-24, 23:32   Link #2795
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Maybe it's Merlin's magic at work? She has the most control over him in the first place, so maybe she's able to suppress his daytime powers, somehow. Sure, that still leaves the question of why us readers haven't gotten an explanation of such magic yet, but.... well, Merlin DOES kinda have a thing for keeping secrets from both the story's cast and us readers, alike.

As far as King goes, I know the spoiler summary said he was complaining about his wings not growing and all, but still.... I dare you to look at that page and tell me with a straight face that he wasn't pissed about having a small ding-dong instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Are we sure that he can't hold back on it or try and suppress it if he wanted to?

He has no control over his own power... the recent data book even confirmed that much. However, he DOES desire a method to control his powers, and again, this is where Merlin would come in....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 23:56   Link #2796
LevelSeven

@marvel

Having a small one doesnt have any significants for fairys, they can shapeshift into other beings, technically (if king had enough mental strength) he could transform into a really big human on the lvl of a gaint
Old 2016-10-25, 00:18   Link #2797
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, if Escanor's powers were active, he'd probably be a pain to everyone...As for King, although his human form is big, I don't think fairies can change that much in size, and Diane is certainly huge.
Old 2016-10-25, 03:52   Link #2798
LevelSeven

^it is bound to their will and it exhausts a lot of their mental capacity for them to stay in a particular form,
i guess the more different the new form is to his original body, the more he will be exhausted,
making himself a gaint will surely do that...but i didnt mean it for battle purposes anyway, only for the "sweet times" with diane >_>

as for escanor: i think there are 2 possibilitys that dont make it a mistake by the author:
1. escanor is simply not using his power, its power may be bound to the sun but the using it or not is still his decision, but once he uses it, his control is rough at best which means that he will become his prideful OP self...
2. it was still rather early in the morning, so escanor doesnt could still power up while the sun rises :/
Old 2016-10-26, 08:58   Link #2799
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm with Marvel. Merlin suppressing power with her magic is far more likely. And the reason it works is Escanor himself wants to find a way to control his power. Or rather, that's the reason it's working more than it normally would've.

Anyway, man, I feel kind of bad for Howzer for getting to be made fun of. It's true that he's basically just filling in for Gilthunder, but come on now.

I'm happy for Meliodas, though. He and Ban seem to be on good terms again now.

@Slayerx: Given Meliodas' back-story (or what we have of it so far, at least), it makes sense for him to be able to beat a Commandment that easily in his Demon mode when his power and personality is said to be getting closer to that of his old self. Though I'd prefer it he could be that strong without having to worry about his personality turning back into "his".

I'm worried what's going on with Gowther. Has he really gone back to being a Commandment?
Old 2016-10-26, 10:27   Link #2800
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Who knows, Gowther is the author's trollface...

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen