AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 20.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-21, 05:58   Link #81
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I wouldn't. I'd still say Houki stinks for having loose principles which was why Ichika was a bit confused, because I assume Houki was very principle guided person, only to see her throw it out as soon as possible.

Ichika is not an idiot, the girls are to blame for EVERYTHING. Denseness or not, you would assume that gaining affection by attacking him is a failing grade in Gaining Affection 101, unless you are attempting the opposite logic. Oh now it makes sense! The girls are trying to make Ichika dislike them, how could I not have figured it out sooner?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
It's not about who did the 180 - I'd still find it pathetic if anyone else did what Houki did. I wouldn't have minded if she just accepted from the get-go, but she made herself look stupid by going 'I REFUSE to do anything just for show! It's against my principles!' and then chucking said principles out the window when Mayuzumi offered her tickets that gets her ad ate with Ichika. Reagardless of my like/dislike of Houki it made her seem really weak-willed and easily tempted.

I'd like to share a quick reminder. Do not take me as acting aggressive in this post, I've been in seclusion for 4 days, and I am the least bit interested in arguing....

But I can't believe this is an issue. Are Houki haters so low on ammunition it's now a thing to attack a girl's principles? There's too much hate going around it's become very difficult for viewers to see something other than the glaring annoyances.

Let me make this one simple.

"Doing something for show is against my principles."

see's a chance for a dinner for two

"I'll take it."

What happened? You can see it's plain as a day in England, it's not longer just for show, she was willing to compromise her principles in exchange for a legitimate chance to spend extra time with him. This is why the bloody divorce rates are high nowadays, I've seen one too many relationships with "me, myself and I", and not enough compromise for both parties involved. Many a long time married couples attest to "sacrifices" being made simply because spending time with the one you love is a priceless commodity compared to going solo within a relationship.

Then what happened next? She asked him if he's got a problem with that, he said he's fine with it as long as she's fine with it, and then, she proceeded to ask him afterwards about the dinner. She didn't force it on him, because he was down with it. They both came to an agreement. Doing the interview no longer became a way to show herself as "the sister of Tabane, strongest in the land!" (which she did not take advantage of that either), but it was a way for her to spend time with the dude. I thought we've seen it plenty of times in anime before, some guy's were willing to go blind for the one they love, or risk the destruction of two worlds just for some zettai ryouiki action , why is it suddenly revolting when a girl decides on a decision?

And she get's criticized for this? Who wants to bet this happens to Charlotte, and everybody who is everybody goes on cheering "whoohoo she got a one up on the competition!". Double standards my foot, I eat double standards for breakfast.
Old 2013-11-21, 06:07   Link #82
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
And she get's criticized for this? Who wants to bet this happens to Charlotte, and everybody who is everybody goes on cheering "whoohoo she got a one up on the competition!". Double standards my foot, I eat double standards for breakfast.
If this happen with Charlotte?

"CHARU SO KAWAIIIII"

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-11-21 at 07:08. Reason: Disrespectful
Old 2013-11-21, 10:53   Link #83
Eratas123

Houki seemed to me a person who places high stakes on her principles. Imagine if Cecilia let her family's fortune go for Ichika - That would be a hefty sacrifice indeed and I'd respect her tenacity, but also be disappointed since she's trashing her important things in exchange for a guy who may or may not even reciprocate her affections.

A character letting for of their principles in exchange for a loved one can be done very well, but the way IS did it is by making it appear that her principles will always be second to Ichika and nothing else - There's no conflict in it at all since the show makes it clear that she'll forgo any beliefs she claims to have when Ichika's involved.

And again, the scene was played for humor so let's not argue too much on it. I made it rather clear that I'd be shaking my head regardless of who did that scene, so no I'm not under the 'Charu moeeee!' double standard.
Old 2013-11-21, 14:13   Link #84
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Oh, I would criticise anybody that is NOT an imouto or an onee-san.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-11-21, 21:58   Link #85
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Houki seemed to me a person who places high stakes on her principles. Imagine if Cecilia let her family's fortune go for Ichika - That would be a hefty sacrifice indeed and I'd respect her tenacity, but also be disappointed since she's trashing her important things in exchange for a guy who may or may not even reciprocate her affections.
er well while I'd question one's fortune as one's most important thing, at the very most Cecilia would probably waste her trust fund, rather than the family fortune. They can't be compared, though, because,

Quote:
A character letting for of their principles in exchange for a loved one can be done very well, but the way IS did it is by making it appear that her principles will always be second to Ichika and nothing else - There's no conflict in it at all since the show makes it clear that she'll forgo any beliefs she claims to have when Ichika's involved.
...I think you are forgetting Houki is a girl who shut out much of everything around her except for that particular dude. She no longer felt like a loner all the many years ago, and now she no longer spends her kendo training time alone, what's to say she didn't leave a chunk of space in her heart for the guy? What's not to say her principles didn't include him ever since he gave her that ribbon? Maybe this scene was for humor, but it certainly isn't baseless. I should probably mention this part, but all the girls, not just Houki, very likely have him in their principles, and I say Houki took the smart route by taking the tickets, making it the most peaceful solution to spend time with him instead of all 5 girls brawling yet again. I think we already had like 3 episodes of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Oh, I would criticise anybody that is NOT an imouto or an onee-san.
lol okay
Closed Thread