4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-17, 12:04   Link #101
Seiryuu

Yeah, Keiichi has a way with words, partly because he often speaks straight from the heart, whether that heart is greedy, angry, homicidal or just nice, and partly because he is the most committed to backing up his words with action. His words have so much power, I think, with the girls at least because they've all come to like him so much. This's the natural psychological result of any remotely harem-like setting.
One thing I'm surprised i didn't think of before: these events always happen in June, early summer, at about the same time. This may further suggest the existence of some living parasite. Many organisms have a reproductive cycle that culminates in a summer "bloom" or population surge. The new organisms are more fragile, and strains can develop with more competition for food. If this is a parasite that effects the brain, probably near the adrenal gland, and the psychotic break is the result of effects that the parasite actively discourages, then strains and shifts in the infection resulting from such a bloom may be the reason that things get most dangerous at the same time. So long as Hinamizawa was at peace issues rarely developed, but once various events led to conflict, the parasites were too unstable in early summer to withstand agitation and stress, and began to allow severe reactions to occur.
Old 2007-08-18, 16:16   Link #102
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Minagoroshi-hen

The Rules of the Maze

We can change neither our identities nor the very nature of our existence.

Since the moment we are conceived into this world it's already been settled that each one of us will eventually die regardless how we die.

Why do we live for if death is what awaits all at the very end? What is the purpose to exist?

The very moment you're borned into this world that is when you begin to struggle for life.

No matter what you do it is impossible to avert fate.

Who or what has authority over this destination called "destiny"? Is it God? or is it a "will" engraved deep into the core of our egos that no matter how much we look up to the sky we cannot fly on our own?

This fate is the barrier that comes crashing down upon us to remind us all to know our respective place.

But whether you look at it this preestablished outcome tortures you inside.

Aren't we deserving of something more, something better beyond?

Don't think about it.

If you fight, only hardships and misery will await ahead. So what good is it to dream and desire something else if sooner or later fate will punish you for your transgressions?

Even if each one of us would have six dices on our hands and roll them all over, what are the chances for one, just one of us to get six 6's facing upward on all of his or her dices?

Why are you struggling? What drives you to attempt at escaping from that fate that bounds you to misery?

Aren't you afraid or haven't you think of the possibility that you might fail and die in the attempt?

But even if you fail yet you keep on trying.

You say that you choose to fight your fate because there is power on you. A power that exists on each of us since the beginning.

And that power is your choices.

What determines a person is neither the weight and sins of his or her actions nor the account of his or her life, but his or her choices.

That is to choose which course of action to take to make the next day different from the previous one.

But is free choice either an illusion to give a blind hope to oneself not realizing that by following that mirage you are guided to your own death? or is it the outcome of a passionate desire that drives one to endure all that pain while breaking open the path to reach that destined happiness that would be borned because you desired it by yourself?

Because I choose by myself now I am standing here. It is now so obvious

No matter how small one's peeble is it. If he or she throws it into the pond, the splash will cause ripples on the water and those ripples will become bigger at the long term.

My voice is my peeble, and it doesn't matter how small is it. Even if nobody would listen to me in this world, the ripples caused by the noise will travel to the next world carrying my voice within them, and I'm sure that no matter what dangers and uncertainties await in the next world I now believe that someone will eventually hear my voice.

--Dedicated to Federika Bernkastel
Old 2007-08-20, 07:55   Link #103
Green²
It's bacon!

Holy christ. The moment Hanyu appeared, I expected her to pull out a blocky handheld device, and say something along the line of: "Well, according to the data, we're back in the year 1983, early June,.. and you're still trapped in the body of a young priestess. And according to Ziggy, within just a few weeks, there's an 50% chance that you will be killed in this arc."
Old 2007-08-21, 15:34   Link #104
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Watched the episode. I think its pretty awesome. Though to tell the truth I'm not an expert of Higurashi and I didnt play the game. Still i like Rika, she is really cynical.

also i wanted to comment on the prize money, off topic
Spoiler:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2010-05-01, 14:36   Link #105
OkamiNoKaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Holy christ. The moment Hanyu appeared, I expected her to pull out a blocky handheld device, and say something along the line of: "Well, according to the data, we're back in the year 1983, early June,.. and you're still trapped in the body of a young priestess. And according to Ziggy, within just a few weeks, there's an 50% chance that you will be killed in this arc."
I had similar thoughts as well, Too bad Rika didn't say "Oh, Boy!"

This was great episode. Keiichi broke fate, twice, that's awesome. This episode though went way too fast, seemed like it had just started and it was over. Wow, so she's been through a hundred years of resets, and they seem to be getting shorter, I wonder how long they were at the start, she's been at this for a 100 years of repeats.