AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2008-03-12, 11:22   Link #321
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

I recently just finished watching all the episodes including the movie but something doesn't make sense to me. Well whats bugging me is, there is two worlds as far as i know on each side of the gates so when someone someone dies in the world where you can do alchemy i will call it "alchemy world" e.g. like when ed died, his soul and mind went through the gate to the other world but there is two ed's :S so according to the anime he fell and ended up in ed's body in the other world (the world with ed's father) and he managed to keep all his memories and knowledge but i dont know what happened to the previous ed that he took over. so in conlusion this forced me to think that there is a Parallel person for each person in the alchemy world that shares the same characteristics but not the mind as hughes for example, how come he lost all of his memories and knowledge in the movie when he died and went to the other world? when ed didn't?. in al's case when ed brought him back alive, was he born again? and when in the end he went to the other world and the other al died, does that mean that there is only 1 al left and what happens if that al dies? how come hughes wife was in the side of the gate when she wasn't even dead but i would assume there is two of her in both worlds. so what i know is when someone dies in the alchemy world" their soul goes through the gate to the other world and they take over the body of the same person with the characteristics in the other world which i would assume they keep their memories and knowledge but thats really doubtful now. also one of my friends mentioned that the manga has a completely different ending and some characters in the anime such as greed wasn't in the manga...is that true and how much comparisons is there to the manga and the anime?

so much questions to answer i am so buffed!!!
Old 2008-04-03, 22:12   Link #322
suebriquet
Mada mada dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
I recently just finished watching all the episodes including the movie but something doesn't make sense to me. Well whats bugging me is, there is two worlds as far as i know on each side of the gates so when someone someone dies in the world where you can do alchemy i will call it "alchemy world" e.g. like when ed died, his soul and mind went through the gate to the other world but there is two ed's :S so according to the anime he fell and ended up in ed's body in the other world (the world with ed's father) and he managed to keep all his memories and knowledge but i dont know what happened to the previous ed that he took over. so in conlusion this forced me to think that there is a Parallel person for each person in the alchemy world that shares the same characteristics but not the mind as hughes for example, how come he lost all of his memories and knowledge in the movie when he died and went to the other world? when ed didn't?. in al's case when ed brought him back alive, was he born again? and when in the end he went to the other world and the other al died, does that mean that there is only 1 al left and what happens if that al dies? how come hughes wife was in the side of the gate when she wasn't even dead but i would assume there is two of her in both worlds. so what i know is when someone dies in the alchemy world" their soul goes through the gate to the other world and they take over the body of the same person with the characteristics in the other world which i would assume they keep their memories and knowledge but thats really doubtful now. also one of my friends mentioned that the manga has a completely different ending and some characters in the anime such as greed wasn't in the manga...is that true and how much comparisons is there to the manga and the anime?

so much questions to answer i am so buffed!!!
I just watched the anime series and movie recently as well. From what I have interpreted, people don't enter earth as we know it from Amestris, the world with alchemy, just from dieing. I think they can only do that by using alchemy to open the gate. Neither Ed nor Al died, but they did sacrifice their mind body and souls for each other's survival in Amestris. Ed almost died, but Al mentioned that his body was still warm. I think there may be better explainations in the thread about episode 51.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21417

Hope that helps.

Last edited by suebriquet; 2008-04-04 at 00:06.
suebriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 13:01   Link #323
xris
Just call me Ojisan

As announced in this forum, the Fullmetal Alchemist forum has been retired. This is just a natural part of a forum's lifespan. It has been a while since the new episodes of the show were aired. Over the time since then, the show has seen a great reduction of posting and attention. As a result, it is no longer meaningful to have a gadzillion threads to discuss the show.

This thread is one of the few remaining where discussion can still be posted. By concentrating discussion into a few threads it may be possible to actually have a semblance of interaction once more. Please continue to show Fullmetal Alchemist your enjoyment interest in these threads.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 14:09   Link #324
Amray

I cannot wait to see this movie again. I own it so I can watch it whenever I want to, but I am not letting myself as I am watching all of the original episodes in Japanese dialogue this time through and will watch the movie again once I have finished. That way it will make more sense and also suit the atmosphere more. The first time that I watched the movie I was just nearing toward the end of the series and the movie did not make as much sense to me until after I had finished the series and ten re-watched it. I couldn't help myself.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:17   Link #325
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i wasn't the biggest fan of the film. the build up and everything was great, it flew by so fast, but the ending wasn't my cup of tea.

first off, Winry gets shafted. she's my favorite character in the show, and to see her get screwed so many times throughout the tv series and the movie was painful. I got a glimmer of hope when she hugged him when he came back and she hid her tears and feelings, but that all went out the door when she said "he won't wait for me any more."

Then there's just the fact that they went back. i mean wtf. a rather poor decision in my mind. at least say something like, "i heard the bomb went to america, so lets go there." so its a quasi happy ending, rather than "lets go around europe looking for this bomb even though in a few years it'll become a hell hole and we'll probably die." though the movie was pretty historically accurate. so points for that.

the movie also answered my question about Gluttony and Wrath, though it seemed like a waste to see Wrath go out like that. they probably kept him over the end of the series for that purpose alone. kudos to the directors for thinking ahead. also, a shame that Izumi died. she was a kickass character in the same vein as Winry.

seeing Hawkeye and Roy together again was great too. they're definitely a power couple..

well, time to follow the new series and read the manga.. sorry for the thread necro.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 03:55   Link #326
CrescentWind
Gone With The Wind

Ooh FMA is a good anime hehe :]
CrescentWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 15:51   Link #327
imogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i wasn't the biggest fan of the film. the build up and everything was great, it flew by so fast, but the ending wasn't my cup of tea.

first off, Winry gets shafted. she's my favorite character in the show, and to see her get screwed so many times throughout the tv series and the movie was painful. I got a glimmer of hope when she hugged him when he came back and she hid her tears and feelings, but that all went out the door when she said "he won't wait for me any more."

Then there's just the fact that they went back. i mean wtf. a rather poor decision in my mind. at least say something like, "i heard the bomb went to america, so lets go there." so its a quasi happy ending, rather than "lets go around europe looking for this bomb even though in a few years it'll become a hell hole and we'll probably die." though the movie was pretty historically accurate. so points for that.

the movie also answered my question about Gluttony and Wrath, though it seemed like a waste to see Wrath go out like that. they probably kept him over the end of the series for that purpose alone. kudos to the directors for thinking ahead. also, a shame that Izumi died. she was a kickass character in the same vein as Winry.

seeing Hawkeye and Roy together again was great too. they're definitely a power couple..

well, time to follow the new series and read the manga.. sorry for the thread necro.
...I so agree...the film was ok but i hated it. Didn't flow right compared to the series, winry is gilted and they don't even bother showing her parallel self in other world to give a glimmer of hope, and gluttony and wraith killed off like that? it was rushed and pants in my opinion...I need to read the manga though to see what the series missed out.
imogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 00:40   Link #328
suebriquet
Mada mada dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogen View Post
...I so agree...the film was ok but i hated it. Didn't flow right compared to the series, winry is gilted and they don't even bother showing her parallel self in other world to give a glimmer of hope, and gluttony and wraith killed off like that? it was rushed and pants in my opinion...I need to read the manga though to see what the series missed out.
Yeah the manga is way different after a certain point. I highly recommend reading it, especially if you didn't like the way the movie or the anime turned out in the end. It's still being published, but I bet the ending will be great. There's a new series called Brotherhood that is supposed to follow the manga better. The first 6 episodes are out if you're interested.
suebriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 01:47   Link #329
LelouchZer0

I have seen the Conqueror of Shambala sometime a year ago. I like the comparison between the alchemy and real world. Plus, I was shocked that Ed was a good friend of Einstein. They should've let him appear even once in the movie.
LelouchZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 18:38   Link #330
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Smile The Movie was awesome.

Ok. The movie was not all bad. It was not ideal at times.

Spoiler for Movie Spoiler:

But other than that what's not to like. The alternate steam powered world was pretty nice. The clothes that Ed wore were really good too. He also had a roomate who was very intelligent like him. The dialogues between the characters were also meaningful.

Spoiler for Movie Quote from Alphonse Heindrick:
This quote shows the depth the characters have.

I watched the dub version, and they did an awesome job. The alternate characters were also brilliant, and the animation and music was superb. I don't have much complains as the ending was satisfactory for us fans who were not satisfied with the anime's ending. Overall it was worth the time, but it also falls short from a complete movie. I really wished there were a full epilogue to the movie instead of bits and pieces from the credits.

Last edited by HollowScar; 2009-08-16 at 12:34.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 21:53   Link #331
Mrs.MisaElric

I really liked The Conquor of Shamballa. I got the movie from Christmas this year and I absolutly loved it. I thought it was a sad movie as well, I cry everytime I watch it.
Mrs.MisaElric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 22:21   Link #332
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

I hate this movie lol. Thank goodness for Brotherhood.
Old 2010-01-24, 07:52   Link #333
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
You know i'd watched this movie 4 years ago and it's like completely a CANON to me.

I agreed from what K_Babyy said. IT'S REBOOT TIME!!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote