AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-20, 19:01   Link #1
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Noein -- Mou Hitori no Kimi e

License announced at Anime Central 2006, picked up by Manga Enertainment.

Since it is now licensed, the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Noein downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Noein fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Noein.
  • Asking for playback help for Noein episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)
---
Amazed to find no new thread for this yet. One of the best shows of the fall season. Multiple universes. Fights so well animated that even I can enjoy them. And deep emotions and romance, some of an unusual kind.

Good voice-acting, including serious work from the great Chiba Saeko (Dokuro-chan, Chika-chan), and definite improvement in the second role for Kudou Haruka, who was Hagu in Honey & Clover.

Chapter 11 is the first anime episode I've ever seen that attempts to show the "Schrodinger's cat" quantum paradox, lol. Loved the way they showed a night view from inside a high building, with water running down over the outside of the windows. I enjoyed hearing the husky voice of Shiraishi Ryoko, who was Shiratori in Mahoraba, as the young visitor from the future, Tobi.

official site

ANN page
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-04-30 at 03:20.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 19:55   Link #2
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Yeah, it was a fun little episode. Although Uchida was just putting in words the notions we already thought about, the Cat was a hilarious addition. 8)

Also, this episode was the first one I've seen a character reading manga in (apart from anime about otakus, like Comic Party or Genshiken or Otaku no Video, as they don't count). 8)

But the ending was pretty dramatic...

Spoiler:

Next episode seems to be the big brotherly battle I've been waiting for.

Last edited by MrProphet; 2005-12-20 at 20:10.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 21:30   Link #3
Zappster

Hasn't this show been prelicensed? Or am I getting my wires crossed with another show?
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 21:44   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Hasn't this show been prelicensed? Or am I getting my wires crossed with another show?
I'm not 100% certain, but it doesn't show up in the AnimeSuki licensed anime database, and I think I remember it being in this Fansub forum before. Are you possibly thinking of Shakugan no Shana?

EDIT: Having read the next message, I've sent a message to the admins asking them to move the thread if appropriate.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2005-12-21 at 23:04.
Old 2005-12-21, 21:55   Link #5
Trax
Rock beats scissors

It's not listed on animesuki, so apparently it's considered licensed.

About episode 7+8... Yuu's mom sure is annoying, she doesn't seem to take a hint. Then again, she's in the "you're a kid, I'm an adult" mindset ofcourse. Not even thinking about what Yuu wants, just what she envisions for him, for some odd reason that might get explained more thorougly. I wonder what would have happened if Haruka hadn't been freed from the water container. Would she have died? What would the machine do? Anyway all this time / dimensional travel sure makes your head spin sometimes, damn paradoxes.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 23:37   Link #6
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Thats because its a Media Factory C & D anime. So any anime that has anything to do with Media Factory will NOT be posted in Animesuki.
I dont think talking about groups doing the project is allowed, correct me if Im wrong.

I find the art a little freaky, although the music is incredible.
________
Mercedes-Benz W125 Specifications

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:41.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 23:38   Link #7
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Noein is one of MediaFactory productions, so, although it is NOT licensed, AnimeSuki will not list it for obvious reasons.

I think this should still stay in "Fansubs", as per usual practice, but that is for admins to decide, naturally.
Old 2005-12-21, 23:39   Link #8
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Lol, interesting 1 min mark...
________

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:41.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 03:08   Link #9
wao
OK.

For once I'm lagging most terribly behind. I won't do this in any of the other topics but for this one I have to indulge in a moment of bitter and sad laughter that all that stuff I organized and translated magically poofed off. -_- Well, there goes all that time. Don't know if anyone used it anyway, so heck!

Other than that, I've got nothing to add except that it seems like episode 12 will be co-animation directed by a certain Norio Matsumoto who is quite famous among people who follow animators, and is well known for great action seqences, including certain famous Naruto episodes...

It's a long way through episodes 8 to 11... grrr.
Old 2005-12-22, 03:35   Link #10
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I used your info quite a bit, wao, so here is a big thank you from at least one person. 8)

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-22, 04:23   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

While this series has not yet been licensed it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Noein downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Noein fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Noein.
  • Asking for playback help for Noein episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.

And since the series hasn't been licensed, we treat the series discussion thread the same as any other non-MFI series. In other words, the thread belongs in the Fansub forum

P.S. If you search for "noein" on the main AnimeSuki site, you get the following info

Removed at Request
This series has been removed at request (more info).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 04:21   Link #12
wao
OK.

So I caught up with all the eps... I absolutely can't wait until episode 12. But so far it's been great - no huge huge huge steps except the resolution of the Miyuki-stressing-Yuu-out line (I am so relieved; and it was also very nice seeing Miyuki get drunk!...

There's way too much to say though... and it's kind of pointless, so I'll just say that

1. The characters still look so different. But I'm a Satelight fangirl and somehow I've gotten used to it. (EXCEPT in that bloody ep 2 and 7...)

2. Somehow I can start seeing where the show's going to go, but I genuinely think it could also surprise me (I hope it will)

3. Even though the show isn't holy-bovine radically different from all anime that's been around, it's certainly giving a very different feeling from the others. No idea why. Actually, it's probably just the fangirl kicking in.

4. I have a feeling that the producers decided to throw character model consistenc to hell in exchange for more character movement... let the animators feel happy and unrestrained and you'll get a better result for less money?

Hmmm.

EDIT: Guess what, I found the website of one of the animators, Ryoochimo Sawa. He's got some nice animation in there (there's this thingy he says is copied from ep 26 of Eva, it looks really awesome...) He's 26 years old, and he has a lot of respect for people who do good animation (he really respects Satoru Utsunomiya. Yay!) Apparently he did key animatoin in Beck too... He was also in Aquarion, but he's not part of Satelight yet, I think. Or maybe he is. I dunno (his profile page says he's freelance but his oekaki bbs reply hints that he's there for now...)
Intersting...

Last edited by wao; 2005-12-24 at 07:00.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 06:54   Link #13
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
For once I'm lagging most terribly behind. I won't do this in any of the other topics but for this one I have to indulge in a moment of bitter and sad laughter that all that stuff I organized and translated magically poofed off. -_- Well, there goes all that time. Don't know if anyone used it anyway, so heck!

Other than that, I've got nothing to add except that it seems like episode 12 will be co-animation directed by a certain Norio Matsumoto who is quite famous among people who follow animators, and is well known for great action seqences, including certain famous Naruto episodes...

It's a long way through episodes 8 to 11... grrr.
I used alot of your info. I thought that you did a great job!

I felt really sorry for you, NeoSam and the Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai crew when the servers lost all that data.
Old 2005-12-24, 08:24   Link #14
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Satoru Utsunomiya... A man I genuinly dislike as far as slick, gorgeous anime is concerned, yet whom I believe to be able to fit in the production of Noein quite nicely.

I think they'll benefit from his animation techniques, and he won't f'k up their character designs too much. They are f'ked as it is, and that's one of Noein's winning features.

Now, please, Mr. Utsunomiya, just stay with Kawamori's crowd, don't ruin other shows with you uniqueness! 8)
Old 2005-12-24, 08:34   Link #15
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I think this is the best Fall anime, by far. The others just can't match it. It's great on all aspects; the animation is really different and beautiful; the music score is outstanding; the story may not be very original but it's very well directed and the characters are realistic. I can't wait for more, and I can't understand the reason nobody's talking about this anime.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 10:01   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
3. Even though the show isn't holy-bovine radically different from all anime that's been around, it's certainly giving a very different feeling from the others. No idea why. Actually, it's probably just the fangirl kicking in....
I think Noein does give a unique feeling. I think that's one reason we had a bunch of complaints from early viewers, who didn't like that feeling: the simplified characters, the use of CG, the very young protagonists, the (sort of) romance.

I think the look is fairly special, and I like their self-indulgence with CG: it gives me a feel of the lay of the land around Haruka's house, for example. I'm not sure how it would work, but your idea about them sacrificing consistency for movement makes sense to me. I see the characters as being drawn with very few lines, so as to make the process quicker and cheaper (?).

My experience of anime is limited, but for me this show is also unique in its plot and characters. How often do we see shows that deal with multiple universes based on many-worlds quantum theory? Or people confronting other versions of themselves? Or the threat of extinguishing a whole universe, or even a suite of universes? And how often do we see this mixed with school romance, particularly this kind of very touching but unromantic romance? For me, the sad, nostalgic looks Karas gives Yuu, Haruka and the others are like a dart to the heart.
Old 2005-12-24, 10:27   Link #17
wao
OK.

Well, yeah - if they don't have to draw so many details (like very detailed shading ala ep 2 and 7) you can draw many more pictures in the same amount of time. Unless you have tons of people working on it at the same time, I guess. But that costs money, and the wider range of drawings could make it harder for the animation director to correct the drawings. Also, if the team isn't pressed to have a consistent look throughout, they won't need to spend so much time making their own drawings look on-model and the animation directors can spend less time correcting the actual drawings and correct the movement more.

But then again, there's a load of animation directors for this show - ep 4 had eight of them and many others have had multiple ones (or assistants) as well as 2nd key animators (no clue what they do exactly, but perhaps they clean up the animation before passing it onto the AD?)... Perhaps it's because most of the animators can only draw nice pictures but can't actually draw good movement, so the animation directors have to spend so much time correcting that that they need to drag in other people? That's, of course, very different from how usual anime is produced... and if it's true, then that's one of the key things that makes Noein different.

And while I like Utsunomiya and I don't think that Eureka OP was all that bad, I certainly agree that his talent will find much more appreciation and have more use in shows such as Noein. In fact, when he said he was doing an OP of an anime, it was just before Noein's ep 2 and the 3rd season of Eureka, and I think everyone guessed that it would be the Noein OP but it turned out to be wrong.

Spoiler for fangirl tangent:

Just looking at the episode preview for episode 12 is already making my mouth water... A full-action episode!! And by Norio Matsumoto!! The fangirl in me is roaring! ...I shall pacify myself by watching that last bit of ep 7 (the absolutely best bit of the ep) and ep 10 (the fight)...
And I wonder if we'll start seeing Haruka's father now that he's been brought into the picture (if I got Uchida right).

and Quajafrie, nobody's talking about this anime because
1. It was known beforehand as an MFI project, so no pre-publicity (despite all my efforts , I ended up sounding more like an idiot though)
2. No subs available on AS
3. Little of it available elsewhere (hope I'm not breaking the rules here)

It isn't even so weird that people absolutely can't get into it, but oh well... There's nothing we can do except continue talking among the, uh, 3 or 4 of us, and hope somebody else chips in every now or then
Old 2005-12-24, 10:40   Link #18
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Let me join you in saying I love seeing Karasu just sitting there, petting the cat and enjoying just looking at the kids playing.

You sort of get the feeling that he is in heaven now, that he has lead a very tormented life with Hakura's dreadful fate, a destroyed horrible world and comrades that you never really trust. You can feel that he has lead a miserable life after whatever it was that happened with Haruka, but now he is back in the land of his dreams, in the world (figuratively speaking) where everything is still normal. You watch him petting that cat, looking at the gang and remembering the better times, when he didn't have to fight and sacrifice.

His face softens and becomes less mean and tormented. So, yay for Karasu and yay for the pettable cat (what's her name, anyhow?). 8)
Old 2005-12-24, 10:53   Link #19
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Wao, these things apply more or less on Shakugan no SHANA, but SnS is MUCH more popular than Noein.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 11:11   Link #20
wao
OK.

Well, I guess SnS is more to the taste of the people over on these boards... I think most people would look at the synopsis, think "aah not another one of those shows" and turn off. Maybe it's also because Shana's got better publicity pics and people post lots of images of her on imageboards and in their sigs and avatars? I better find that Haruka avatar of mine again.
(I personally can't truly undrstand why SnS is more popular than Noein...)

And you're right, MrProphet... It's like living like a hopeless slave in the depths of the slums of the worst country in the world, never knowing if you'll see the next morning and having to eke out a living for yourself... and then being invited to have lunch with a bunch of friendly, kind and honest people, in a clean country with nothing to fear and you can't believe that you can actually just sit back and relax. Except that it's even more poignant for Karasu because he actually knew this scene. It's part of his memories.
I kind of like how the Lakrima people are coming back and kind of giving hints.. Fukurou made me smile, telling Ai "Don't bully Isami, he's just a kid", but again it was also kind of sad when he told Isami and Yuu to stay as friends, when he knows that in the future things turn out quite differently...
Another thing is Miho - see how well-off and comfortable she is, she's also got a great relationship with her mother and she can go out whenever she wants, but then look at the situation she's in in Lacrima... Consigned to the pits of the slums, never seeing the surface and living in fear (presumably, anyway). In fact, you can kind of say that about the whole of Hakodate... a 1st-world city, comfortable, clean, safe and beautiful even; reduced to a sad state.
Still don't get how the fashion changed so drastically though... o.o;

Edit: Seems like the official site's got some new things. You can see clearly who are Gokan, Enra and Taiza, the 3 head honchos of Lacrima. Am I the only one who thinks Taiza looks like Sasahara, and more worringly, that Gokan looks vaguely like a fat and ugly version of Uchida? But I wonder if it's a coincidence that she has the same seiyuu as Miho's mother ...
There's also a small pic of Haruka's dad, gosh he looks *awful*. But he looks like someone Juurouta Kosugi should voice, for some strange reason that's what my head says...

There's also this shot of an awfully cute christmas card they gave everyone in the recording studio here at the official blog..... a really funny picture (anyone gets it? )As well as some very good stuff on the creation of those intriguing Shangri La face-machine things. There's an interview with the designer and small pics of the production designs... Cool!

And Haruka's cat is called Tono.

Last edited by wao; 2005-12-24 at 12:03.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote