Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-28, 07:36   Link #101
Key Board
Carbon

hmm.. the manga reminds me of Crest of the Stars, strangely
with Vampires being the Abh and United Mankind being Humanity
It's SUPPOSED to be balanced gray and gray morality, but the writing seems to portray a certain side as more benevolent
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 00:23   Link #102
shiki15-

everone think about Mika x Kururu is possible ?

after read ch.22 i fell to Kururu x Mika XD
shiki15- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 12:13   Link #103
larethian

Just wondering, is anyone reading the Viz version of the manga? I'm interested to know whether they have different translations for the terminologies compared to the previous fan translations. Anyone who's tracking the prequel LN knows why
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 12:35   Link #104
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Just wondering, is anyone reading the Viz version of the manga? I'm interested to know whether they have different translations for the terminologies compared to the previous fan translations. Anyone who's tracking the prequel LN knows why
I did. Didn't really notice any difference, but then again I don't really remember the fan translations.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 06:24   Link #105
Velsy

I was reading this over the last few weeks. I was enjoining it very much. It has an interesting story and interesting characters. For a while I thought it was about war with the vampires. But when something felt off, I went back and re-read the start and realize it wasn't the vampires who released the virus and such. They didnt seem to claim responsibility for anything at the beginning. Seems they merely took advantage of the situation instead.

Lot of intersting mysteries to this. Like I want to know more about Shinoa, hows is a Hiiragi so distant from her family, yet they are the most powerful family leading the humans ? Theres something interesting hinted between her, Glen and her dead sister from one of the conversations they had. I could pull up a few theories using the little pieces gathered so far, but thats about it for now. Whys a Hiragii subordinate to Glen? When Glen says its fine if I am killed by you. It sorta starts to paint a picture.

I still approve of the vampires being the main enemy, but I suspect the Hiiragi leadership are power hungry tyrants for the humans.

Well thats just my thoughts summoned up quickly on it ^_^. I wish there was many more chapters for it ^_^ Quite enjoyable for a story. So saids I ^_^

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 13:48   Link #106
larethian

Have read all 4 volumes of the prequel LN and all 6 volumes of the manga tanks. I'm not caught up with the magazine chapters since I no longer procure Jump SQ. But v7 of the manga tank is expected to be released next month if I'm not wrong.

Those who have no intention of reading the prequel or ok to be spoiled may check the spoilers for background info. Will also be tagging manga v5/v6 spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I was reading this over the last few weeks. I was enjoining it very much. It has an interesting story and interesting characters. For a while I thought it was about war with the vampires. But when something felt off, I went back and re-read the start and realize it wasn't the vampires who released the virus and such. They didnt seem to claim responsibility for anything at the beginning. Seems they merely took advantage of the situation instead.
Spoiler for speculations of culprits based on prequel:

Spoiler for about vampires from information gleaned from the prequel:

Quote:
Lot of intersting mysteries to this. Like I want to know more about Shinoa, hows is a Hiiragi so distant from her family, yet they are the most powerful family leading the humans ? Theres something interesting hinted between her, Glen and her dead sister from one of the conversations they had. I could pull up a few theories using the little pieces gathered so far, but thats about it for now. Whys a Hiragii subordinate to Glen? When Glen says its fine if I am killed by you. It sorta starts to paint a picture.
Spoiler for brief prequel info from the 4 volumes with many details omitted- about the Hiiragi sisters, Ichinose, and the Hiiragi family:

Quote:
I still approve of the vampires being the main enemy, but I suspect the Hiiragi leadership are power hungry tyrants for the humans.

Well thats just my thoughts summoned up quickly on it ^_^. I wish there was many more chapters for it ^_^ Quite enjoyable for a story. So saids I ^_^
Spoiler for for my own speculation based on developments up till v6:

Overall, this story is more interesting than I originally expected. Even though I'm a fan of Kagami's works, I didn't expect this to be as 'good' as what I had read before as well his ongoing other works, due to the fact that the manga was in Jump SQ and might have more generic Shounen elements. The way the prequel helped to link things up and create more foreshadowing proved me wrong which was nice.
Old 2015-01-01, 14:13   Link #107
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Well, I recently rtook another look at the Viz translations and it looks like they translated Demon Weapons as Cursed Gear.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 16:01   Link #108
Velsy

Awesome larethian, Thats some good information to know (adding to the story). I didnt realized a prequel had already been made. I'd want to read it now too.

I had also felt that Glen got a bad ending prior the story. Being forced to kill the girl he liked? Glen still looks to have some good people by his side, But his failure does look like it still haunts him. His current goal to maybe is whats holding him together. Yet, an interesting fact I have noticed, Is that Yuu seems to be one who is able to make him smile. Raising Yuu as his parent guardian seems to show some life in him and a bit of hope. I really hope Glen becomes one of those characters that fights and dies in the final battle and wins. I hope thats the end planned for his tale. The last few chapters really showed how much it hurts him seeing his soldiers die. Always signs of a good commander. But a question remainss for me, is it like Shinoa Speculated, is he getting played by demon Mahiro. Or is Glen still fighting on his own will. Well if hes being used/played, I reckon he will make the right discussions when the time counts. He strikes me as that type of character. He wont sacrifice Yuu ^_~

As for Shinoa, well I've always liked her eyes. Yet I couldn't really decide if there was some deeper meaning to it, or if it was just how the artists drew her. After they got put down by the vampire nobles pretty fast, I guess I ruled out some deeper meaning as she didnt show anything particular special. She fell easily like the rest of them. Yet learning of her birth background. Well I guess there really is something different. But its yet to be noticeably seen <.< Did Mahiru really care for Shinoa ? Reference from Shinoa was she grew up alone not even knowing her sister.

As for the last few chapters.
Those vampires really need to die >< really hope the humans can turn the tables in this war.
To be honest, I like Vampire Field Bathoney. Whether hes the main villain or not I like more than any of the other vampires. He isnt some arrogant stuck up blood sucker who think hes above other "filthy" races. He appears to know that if you underestimate the humans, you get dead. He knows hes stronger, but he isnt on his high horse like the other vampires. Thats probably what I like about him best. Hes a respectable villain. I also think hes fooling around hides his true potential, I wouldnt be surprised if he really could, defeat Kuru in a 1 on 1 fight.

Kuru I originally didn't care about. Seemed like she was just treating Mic as her dog. Yet in these last few chapters there has been something that caught my attention. She was suppose to kill the Seraph and was quite aware of him. But she let Yuu live until Field let him escape (even tho I dont think Field being shot in the head was part of his plan). So I am now interested in what Kuru is up too. What is she keeping hidden from the other vampires O_o its not that she got remorse when told to kill kids is it? It be great if its something interesting.

That last chapter was specifically brutal in causalities, they introduce a new squad leader who survived a battle, only to have her and the rest of her surviving teammates killed later in an ambush. If I recorded this right
15/15 -Shinoa, Glen, Narumi Teams
0/15 (8 killed in battle, 7 later in an ambush)
19 MIA, 11 KIA
45 MIA
Things dont look so good >< It could be a complete wipe out apart from the 3 main teams :/

Also Mic seems like hes been really suffering. I really hope Yuu can find what it takes to put him out of his suffering. like a best friend should. It may turn out similar to what Glen had to go through with Mahiru? <.< I dont think there is a cure for vampirism <.<

Also something to add on Mic... Doesnt he realize Yuu is doing what hes always wanted to do? Thats killing Vampires. He doesnt care hes being used and just wants to be useful. Mic doesnt quite get it right?

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2015-03-11 at 16:19.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 21:12   Link #109
larethian

Good news is that the prequel is also licensed and v1 should be out end of year (hopefully).
Old 2015-03-16, 04:17   Link #110
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Whoa I didn't realize there was a prequel. End of the year seems so far away
Old 2015-03-29, 06:16   Link #111
tntsgoboom

I just finished reading the latest chapter that was released (ch. 30) and have to say I have really enjoyed the series thus far. I'm pretty happy they are going to have an anime adaptation coming out this spring.
tntsgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 09:19   Link #112
Alhazad2003

Hoboy, the heroes are really in for it now. I hope they don't get creamed like last time and have to release Angel Yuichiro to save the day, though at this point that wouldn't surprise me. Guren maybe in over his head against Crowley, and Mika's on his way to find Yuichiro and "save him from the humans" so to speak. Let's hope no other Progenitors come to back Crowley up, or it might be complete massacre for the heroes. But we'll see.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 10:24   Link #113
Nuvi

Sooo, I'm at chapter 5 and this whole friendship and virginity jokes are irritating me. Do they get toned down a bit later? I really like the series so far but these two issues are hindering with my full enjoyment.
Nuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 11:34   Link #114
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's Takaya Kagami, friendship is the life line of every work he does. Don't really remember the virginity jokes so that will tell you how long they last...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 00:49   Link #115
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It's Takaya Kagami, friendship is the life line of every work he does. Don't really remember the virginity jokes so that will tell you how long they last...
Ironic how his works are so dark in tone, but everything still boils down to the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 01:25   Link #116
larethian

The so-called power of friendship is just a factor of motivation for a person to go beyond his original limits to reach a greater height. Note that pretty much most stories are about the protagonist being motivated by the people around him. Even Tatsuya is motivated by Miyuki to act (though in his case his source of power is of a totally different nature). Even in real-life history, there have been many well-known examples of humans going beyond their perceived limits in times of danger or in times when danger was perceived to befall on their loved ones.

There is actually wrong with using 'the power of friendship'. The flak started because some Shounen authors started to use 'the power of friendship' lazily and sloppily and as a convenient way to execute deus ex machinas in their stories, REPEATEDLY. Also, due to increased number of Shounen mangas permeating the industry, people are tired of it and want to see something different. And for that reason alone, it became 'bad' to them. They forgot to examine each story on a case by case basis. Worse than that, these days, people just read something on the Internet and without doing their own thinking, start echoing others without even understanding the rationale and logic behind it. It has become a fad to hate Shounen elements and 'power of friendship' for no well thought-out reason. Never follow the masses mindlessly and fall prey to that without analyzing each story properly.

For the record on a very important distinction,
Spoiler:
Old 2015-04-08, 01:52   Link #117
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

It was a joke, but thanks for the serious analysis!
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 06:46   Link #118
Nuvi

Chapter 14-15 and Yuu x Shinoa is finally official now. Chapter 18 and poor girl, doesn't know that she is in love with him, even Glen is tired of these two haha.

Man, the story is getting so good after chapter 12. Everyone who said that the MC is not likeable would have to bite their tongue because character development clearly showed in him. Yuu and Glen's interactions are so fun. ^^
Old 2015-04-09, 13:55   Link #119
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvi View Post
Chapter 14-15 and Yuu x Shinoa is finally official now.
Wait, what? What do you mean "official"? Because I was so not expecting any actual romance in this series.
Old 2015-04-09, 14:46   Link #120
Zanfow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wait, what? What do you mean "official"? Because I was so not expecting any actual romance in this series.
Well, Shinoa clearly has a crush on Yuu so it might happen.
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote