AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-18, 06:18   Link #1581
LastResolve

question in railgun novels is accelarator in them? also i heard that the karagu no railgun is before index appeared basicly before the whole thing started is it true or is it a completly seperated story plx spoil me xD
Old 2010-01-18, 08:06   Link #1582
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
question in railgun novels is accelarator in them? also i heard that the karagu no railgun is before index appeared basicly before the whole thing started is it true or is it a completly seperated story plx spoil me xD
Railgun didn't have a novel, it was manga only. The story started before Touma met Index and is current in the middle of the Sisters Arc before Touma's involvment.

There is a side story novel later on, but that's something else altogether.
Old 2010-01-18, 09:18   Link #1583
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask, but are you suggesting to nuke Accelerator with an alien source of radiation?
Not really... but I can see I used the wrong words.

I dreamed up this ability the other day:

Igniter: Sets materials, even inflammable material, on fire by thinking that they are on fire. Sort of an induced spontaneous combustion.

I was inspired by all those horror flicks with a bloodied girl walking amid a hall of flames. The side effect was because it doesn't need a vector to function, it's Anti-Accelerator.

And maybe anti-Vent as well, if she just lashes out in a blind rage that sets EVERYTHING around her on fire. Kind of in Magic, where a spell like how Obliterate, a Red spell, can destroy permanents that have Protection From Red, by not targeting it specifically.
Old 2010-01-18, 10:31   Link #1584
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Not really... but I can see I used the wrong words.

I dreamed up this ability the other day:

Igniter: Sets materials, even inflammable material, on fire by thinking that they are on fire. Sort of an induced spontaneous combustion.

I was inspired by all those horror flicks with a bloodied girl walking amid a hall of flames. The side effect was because it doesn't need a vector to function, it's Anti-Accelerator.

And maybe anti-Vent as well, if she just lashes out in a blind rage that sets EVERYTHING around her on fire. Kind of in Magic, where a spell like how Obliterate, a Red spell, can destroy permanents that have Protection From Red, by not targeting it specifically.

Maahh, that's one way that people thought about. Abilities like [Mind Control] or [Teleportation] doesn't have a vector involve, so he couldn't do anything to them.

But that was before the Black Wings AIM upgrade, 'controlling vectors that aren't suppose to exist', though I'm still not sure what that means.

But if what I suspect is true, by being able to manipulate other Esper's AIM field, for example stabbing our dear Number 2 with his own power, it means that Accelerator can overwrite the control of other Esper's power as long as he's in contact with their AIM field, if this is true then that power of yours, along with mind control and teleportation, would be useless against him because they would have to wrap him in their AIM field.

And yes, he's sensitive to these things, to put it in his own words - "He's an ESPer who observes, calculates, and controls every vector in the world. If he lets past as much as the invisible and the inaudible, he would be unable to defend himself against the likes of radiation."
Old 2010-01-18, 10:35   Link #1585
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
There is a side story novel later on, but that's something else altogether.
If you're talking about the special novels that came with the Index DVDs, I wouldn't exactly call that "something else altogether". It feels perfectly fine as part of the main Railgun series. Mikoto even mentioned something about that arc in the main manga. Heck, it's even better and has more significance than the Level Upper arc, in my opinion.

And then there's also a Railgun SS about Uiharu, but I haven't read that yet (I've been putting it off for some reason).

Not sure if there are any other Railgun SS.
Old 2010-01-18, 11:38   Link #1586
Yufankun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
And then there's also a Railgun SS about Uiharu, but I haven't read that yet (I've been putting it off for some reason).

I've heard of the short Railgun SS, but I am unfamiliar exactly in what format it came in. Unless my sources are mistaken, it isn't a book sold sepperately (too short I guess) but came with something else? Can you shed some light on this?
Old 2010-01-18, 18:57   Link #1587
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yufankun View Post
I've heard of the short Railgun SS, but I am unfamiliar exactly in what format it came in. Unless my sources are mistaken, it isn't a book sold sepperately (too short I guess) but came with something else? Can you shed some light on this?
I believe it was part of an Index booklet that came with an issue of Dengeki Daioh.
Old 2010-01-18, 19:12   Link #1588
Yufankun

Yes, looking around a little I see that it came with the October issue of 2008, which means I should probably give up on trying to find a copy at this point.
Old 2010-01-18, 19:49   Link #1589
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Maahh, that's one way that people thought about. Abilities like [Mind Control] or [Teleportation] doesn't have a vector involve, so he couldn't do anything to them.

But that was before the Black Wings AIM upgrade, 'controlling vectors that aren't suppose to exist', though I'm still not sure what that means.

But if what I suspect is true, by being able to manipulate other Esper's AIM field, for example stabbing our dear Number 2 with his own power, it means that Accelerator can overwrite the control of other Esper's power as long as he's in contact with their AIM field, if this is true then that power of yours, along with mind control and teleportation, would be useless against him because they would have to wrap him in their AIM field.

And yes, he's sensitive to these things, to put it in his own words - "He's an ESPer who observes, calculates, and controls every vector in the world. If he lets past as much as the invisible and the inaudible, he would be unable to defend himself against the likes of radiation."
That just looks like Accelerator saying NO! to the other ESPer trying to infringe on his Personal Reality. And succeeding.

The main problem is, saying NO! (think Mr Anderson) has nothing to do with vectors. By right, vector control shouldn't have such an effect.

Much rather, I've always felt that with this Personal Reality thing, any ESPer can resist another ESPer if they have the strong-enough will to deny the other ESPer's AIM field influence. Might even be cross-effective against magic. Hence, I think that Awakening refers to the realization that you can actually deny another Skill by your own will, then how much you can annul is up to your level.

Take for example, if Equal Speed was Level 5, and he threw a sphere which by his rules makes sure it maintains it's current vector velocity at Accelerator, and Accelerator attempts to alter either the speed or the direction of the vector (which thus alters the vector) according to his rules, which effect prevails?

I haven't found the answer to this, but it looks like from the concept of Awakening, it might just boil down to "Who's reality is stronger?" which may be seperate from Levels. And someone's reality might be so strong that by sheer will he can deny another ESPer's effect.

Imagine Breaker cheats by being an ESPer ability that allows the ESPer to do just that, but without effort. Same goes for any Skill really, it's about cheating some rule in some way.
Old 2010-01-18, 20:32   Link #1590
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
That just looks like Accelerator saying NO! to the other ESPer trying to infringe on his Personal Reality. And succeeding.
In awakening mode Accelerator can control Uknown vector just like Kakine with his Uknown matter.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-01-18 at 20:52.
Old 2010-01-18, 20:39   Link #1591
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

The main problem is, saying NO! (think Mr Anderson) has nothing to do with vectors. By right, vector control shouldn't have such an effect.
Hence the problem with the ambiguious term "Controlling vectors that don't exist".

Quote:
Much rather, I've always felt that with this Personal Reality thing, any ESPer can resist another ESPer if they have the strong-enough will to deny the other ESPer's AIM field influence. Might even be cross-effective against magic. Hence, I think that Awakening refers to the realization that you can actually deny another Skill by your own will, then how much you can annul is up to your level.
So maybe it's about willpower, maybe it's about my AIM is better than your AIM, either way it still shows that Accelerator can overwrite the control of another Esper's power.

(My bad, it seems that Accelerator can already do this before Black Wings mode, referring to the fight with Mikoto in Railgun manga.)

Anyway, so far what we have confirmed about his awakening, is that A) He can update his Redirection to include new factors, and B) In Black Wings mode, He can control Vectors that supposedly don't exist. C) Also In Black Wings mode, he taps into the AIM field and expand his computation skills. D) Index said his Wings have the same power as that of Saints.

One more thing, Magicians uses a source of energy call 'Telesma' to cast their spells, it's the "Godbless" or "Power of the World", that circulates in the planet. It's different from the Esper's AIM, so I don't think the rejecting reality trick would work on them.
Old 2010-01-18, 20:46   Link #1592
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Hence the problem with the ambiguious term "Controlling vectors that don't exist".

So maybe it's about willpower, maybe it's about my AIM is better than your AIM, either way it still shows that Accelerator can overwrite the control of another Esper's power.

(My bad, it seems that Accelerator can already do this before Black Wings mode, referring to the fight with Mikoto in Railgun manga.)

Anyway, so far what we have confirmed about his awakening, is that A) He can update his Redirection to include new factors, and B) In Black Wings mode, He can control Vectors that supposedly don't exist. C) Also In Black Wings mode, he taps into the AIM field and expand his computation skills. D) Index said his Wings have the same power as that of Saints.

One more thing, Magicians uses a source of energy call 'Telesma' to cast their spells, it's the "Godbless" or "Power of the World", that circulates in the planet. It's different from the Esper's AIM, so I don't think the rejecting reality trick would work on them.
Ryumaku(energy of life within the Earth) is "godbless"???

Quote:
Imagine Breaker cheats by being an ESPer ability that allows the ESPer to do just that, but without effort. Same goes for any Skill really, it's about cheating some rule in some way.
Imagine Breaker isn't an ESPer ability, because it doesn't uses AIM.
Spoiler for Vol.16:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-01-18 at 21:01.
Old 2010-01-18, 20:53   Link #1593
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Ryumaku(energy of life within the Earth) is "godbless"???
Taken from the other thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
It (Ryumaku) is the energy of Earth the circulates in the planet. If you know what Fusui is, you probably have an idea. It is like the blood of planet, it current affect the natural phenomenon of the area it pass by and affect people's fortune. And if Ryumaku direc up, the land will die.
And as far as the current Imagine Killer goes, it does not cancel this.
But Telsma, also know as "Godbless" or "Power of the World", that circulates in the planet like Ryumaku, does got cancel. It is the energy that forms the Anegls and give magci power. And the shrines and temples across the world serve as the devices to change Telsma into Ley.
Old 2010-01-18, 21:04   Link #1594
Miraluka
Banned

I think you got it wrong, the Earth has two different energies within it, the Ryoumaku(Touma doesn't affect this) and Telesma(affected by Touma).
Old 2010-01-18, 21:13   Link #1595
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I think you got it wrong, the Earth has two different energies within it, the Ryoumaku(Touma doesn't affect this) and Telesma(affected by Touma).
I know, I just posted the whole post to clear up the two different energies

Quote:
Imagine Breaker isn't an ESPer ability, because it doesn't uses AIM.
Spoiler for Vol.16:
Lol, that's cute, they refer to Esper powers as 'demonic arts'.
Old 2010-01-18, 21:31   Link #1596
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Lol, that's cute, they refer to Esper powers as 'demonic arts'.
Maybe cause of their methods like screwing up the brain of the people using drugs and using them as guinea pigs... coughprojectcoughlevel6cough.
Old 2010-01-18, 22:32   Link #1597
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Energy within the Earth versus demonic energies?

What is this, Fullmetal Alchemist?!
Old 2010-01-18, 23:03   Link #1598
Plant42

Quote:
-For Magician
Normally they use Maryouku(Magic power) to cast a spell, which can gain by two ways.
1)Change their life force into Magic power.
2)Gather from the outer source.

-For Telesma
It's the power of Angel, all composition of the angels are form by this power(Some magic organizations call it the power of the world).
For human, if you are christianity then you can borrow this power. But normally human can't put Telesma in their bodies, they have to use a media called a "Symbolic weapon".

But there is one exception, a Saint.
Those humans who born with the body of the child of god can bear Telesma in their bodies(that's why they are freaking strong).
Old 2010-01-18, 23:21   Link #1599
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
If you're talking about the special novels that came with the Index DVDs, I wouldn't exactly call that "something else altogether". It feels perfectly fine as part of the main Railgun series. Mikoto even mentioned something about that arc in the main manga. Heck, it's even better and has more significance than the Level Upper arc, in my opinion.

I see, my bad I only know of the story where the girls went to America, but I didn't know it was mentioned in the manga as well...

Quote:
Energy within the Earth versus demonic energies?

What is this, Fullmetal Alchemist?!
That's not the first time someone made a reference to FMA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
-For Magician
Normally they use Maryouku(Magic power) to cast a spell, which can gain by two ways.
1)Change their life force into Magic power.
2)Gather from the outer source.
/facepalm

So they are two completely different sort of energy?! Looks like I got my concept wrong again

Just in case, I'll ask - What do you mean by an outer source? And when you say Life Force into Magic, is that what it sounds like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
-For Telesma
It's the power of Angel, all composition of the angels are form by this power(Some magic organizations call it the power of the world).
For human, if you are christianity then you can borrow this power. But normally human can't put Telesma in their bodies, they have to use a media called a "Symbolic weapon".

But there is one exception, a Saint.
Those humans who born with the body of the child of god can bear Telesma in their bodies(that's why they are freaking strong).
Two questions-

1. Saints can spam spells for free right? Is that because they're using Telesma? How is it different from normal magic? Just because of it's Divine status?

2. When you say "Symbolic Weapon", you mean like [Stab Sword], [Curtana=Original], [Ascalon] and such?
Old 2010-01-18, 23:27   Link #1600
Miraluka
Banned

So.. which of them is "mana"?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen