AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-17, 21:55   Link #61
Strahan

I get he's supposed to be attractive now, but Christ, talk about dialing it to eleven. Maybe part of his otherworldly powers is a magical charm that affects people within visual range, lol, that's the only thing that would make what we see in the real world segments plausible
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-18, 04:05   Link #62
Rasty

Another unimaginative isekai trash series... so of course I am enjoying it .

More seriously speaking, it's pretty decent so far. The art style looks great, VA is good, and the overall feel is also good.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-18, 05:05   Link #63
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

This part was suppose to happen before he went to school, the old and the new. In the middle of episode 1 in time frame. At least we got a tiny showing that his body has improved reflexes as an effect of the cheat. But man, they're really dialing up the looks factor so much. We get it after 3 episodes now, Yuya looks amazing. The mall crowd was certainly overkill.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-18, 14:24   Link #64
Marina2

Found some good take on this show in another board.

Quote:
The story showcases the shallow human nature. The guy gets fit, that's literally all, and everyone completely changes their opinion of him. Inside, he's still the same shy, awkward, socially inexperienced recluse with a heart of gold. Only his appearance has changed but that's all people care about. Moreover, even the AUDIENCE thinks he has now become "perfect".
Old 2023-04-18, 16:36   Link #65
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
The mall crowd was certainly overkill.
That there was a crowd was pretty realistic though. Ignoring that the MC looks good, clearly professional models and photographs working in the middle of a mall are bound to get people interested. The reaction is overblown, but a ruffian bothering a pretty girl getting pacified by a nice-looking guy is certainly an attractive situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I don't disagree. Though a part of it is also the change of the environment. His original school looked like a pretty terrible place and he might have had a better life even as fat and ugly if he was attending the elite school. Even from personal experience, more "elite" schools tend to have a much better atmosphere, if only because the absolute trash has neither the ability nor the will and effort to get there (and you need at least one of those). Also, he got rid of his "family" and tormentors and starts with having a helper/friend instead, so that makes a huge difference too.
Old 2023-04-18, 22:54   Link #66
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anime and manga makes a big deal of "debuts" but its kind of a trip when people do treat you differently. The 'fat kid' or 'nerdy girl' self image doesn't necessarily go away either.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-24, 12:55   Link #67
Frontier

Yuuya gets proposed to by a princess and immediately brings her home! Not wasting any time I see .

Well, yeah, I guess it's to be expected he wouldn't immediately accept Lexi's proposal, but she's not deterred! She's going to start out friends with him and make him fall in love with her as much she loves him! That's the kind of spirited romantic princess I can get behind .

It seems like Lexia's brother is trying to kill her? Why? He's first in line for the throne. But it seems like he blames her for something ?

Ayana Taketatsu is in this!? I know she's a classic Matsuoka girl, but still! I also love how Kaede was introduced via her very nice legs when she first meets Yuuya. And they don't even waste any time, she falls head over heels for Yuuya the moment he saves her from a stray soccer ball. That's about four girls in love with him at this point? Just keeping track .

Akira is nicer than I expected. He may be a little snobby and eccentric, but his heart is in the right place and it's too easy to laugh at him .

The beauty that is the girls' locker room, complete with multiple girls undressed! Kaede has some surprisingly fancy underwear! Also she and Kaori immediately suggest Yuuya might not have a girlfriend. These girls are down bad! Also Mai Nakahara is in this show too .

Gotta be honest, Yuuya's siblings hiring a biker gang to attack the school to kidnap Kaori was not on my bucket list for this show, but okay. Then Yuuya ends up just going full OP anime protagonist on them and blowing a bike up, because as if this couldn't get more ridiculous in the most amazing way possible .

Well, Yuuya's siblings finally get what they deserve, getting arrested like common criminals and getting choked out by the thugs they hired...but Yuuya is too good a guy to just let his siblings die, and now they recognize how badly they screwed up and how good a big brother he is. Not that it'll do them much good in juvie .

Now Yuuya's friends know how awesome he is and Kaori seems to have fallen even harder for him! And this is his first official day of school no less !
Old 2023-04-24, 13:36   Link #68
Rasty

The show goes over the top every time without any remorse and every time it is pretty fun watching .

I would really prefer if they did more animation of the action scenes. Having a still once in a while is OK, but all the action scenes are just still image after still image and it stands out. Though I guess it's hard with this animation style if they don't have the budget.

Btw., any idea why some of the girls in the locker room were holding some clearly out-of-place plush toys in front of their bodies? If that was supposed to be censure then it had no meaning (since there were quite a few scenes with girls in underwear without anything to hide them).
Old 2023-04-24, 13:46   Link #69
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The beauty that is the girls' locker room, complete with multiple girls undressed! Kaede has some surprisingly fancy underwear!
Incidentally, even though we got a girls' locker room scene, we didn't get any shot of cleavage or bust area of the girls (like in the Manga or LN) except Kaede's, and her underwear looked practically like a Swimsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Btw., any idea why some of the girls in the locker room were holding some clearly out-of-place plush toys in front of their bodies? If that was supposed to be censure then it had no meaning (since there were quite a few scenes with girls in underwear without anything to hide them).
That "plush toys in front of their bodies" seem primarily to hide the bust region and any cleavage.
As we got none of that, except Kaede's primarily because her underwear was like a Swimsuit (you know how they say, a woman would get embarrassed if someone see them in their underwear, but not if they see them in similar styled swimsuit).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-24, 15:31   Link #70
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Better than lightbars I guess? This is still some top tier isekai junk food regardless.
Old 2023-04-24, 15:35   Link #71
grecefar

yeah I think I going to drop this, I just can't stand that nagging thought that if he still was ugly and fat there is no way that all those people would be that kind to him.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-25, 04:06   Link #72
Tenzen12

I personally don't have problem with that. I mean if he was his old self, he wouldn't be able save either girl as well this episode. It's not just cosmetic change.
Old 2023-04-25, 04:07   Link #73
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Oh it was in this part with the soccer. They kinda downplayed it with them not being on high stands and Kaede not falling down after dodging the ball. Yuya should have caught Kaede then kicked the ball midair towards the goal.
Also, Kaori just being outside in gym class makes it kinda different for the gang part. She came out on her own when the gang arrived to face them. Yuya was inspired by her courage and snapped him from his trauma to save her. Having her just be the damsel paints it kinda different.

The bully fights were also kinda downplayed. He clashed with the big sumo guy with their hands then threw him instead of stopping him in the head. The fight with the gang boss was a beatdown as well instead of him crashing his bike. Yuya also smacked him hard in that last part with the brother instead of that intimidation(?) thing that made him faint. Downplay of violence?
It got the thing across that Yuya does have the cheat in real life but it's pretty washed down. The art and the voice acting are good but everything else is subpar. I guess this level of treatment is just right with these stories I guess.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-25, 13:55   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That was some singularly stupid crime, there. They went about it like it was a normal "not worth the paperwork to prosecute" thing, but what they tried to do is why SWAT teams exist. It's ridiculous.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2023-04-26 at 05:06.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 00:24   Link #75
Alchemist007
*Author

I can't shake the feeling that this show knows exactly what it is, I'm half expecting the protagonist to figure it out himself.
Old 2023-04-26, 04:28   Link #76
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That was some singularly stupid crime, there. They went about it like it was a normal "not worth the paperwork to prosecute" thing, but what they tried to do is why SWAT team exist. It's ridiculous.
I can tell you that in almost every European country, the Gang leader would have been shot latest by the point where he tried strangling the younger brother.
I mean he'd gotten shot by the police waaaayyyy before that, but still.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 16:39   Link #77
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 11:29.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 21:51   Link #78
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The school half of Yuuya's Harem have some nice legs .
Old 2023-05-01, 12:43   Link #79
Frontier

Yuuya just clearing out dangerous creatures in the forest like they're nothing! He even one-shots something several levels above him! Those Sage Weapons are no joke. Although does his level only increase relative to the amount of effort he put into the fight? So one-shotting doesn't increase his level that much ?

Yuuya has found a cute doggo to join his new family! An adorable Black Fenrir whom he dubs Night who is as adorable as he is fierce! And he has an uncanny ability to understand what Yuuya is saying, which is pretty useful. And any questions about this dog from a fantasy world in the "real world" he can just write off as not knowing what breed it is .

Personal space Kaede! Though once she sees an opening for going on a shopping date with Yuuya, she pounces! Gotta respect that .

It was nice to see Kaori in casual clothes and she and Night getting along so well...before Miu shows up and makes it clear how happy she is that she and Yuuya are going to be sharing a walking route. Of course all the romance drama goes over Yuuya's head .

At this point Yuuya may as well be an amateur crime-fighter or professional Kaori saver. Though Night helped .

Nothing beats a man and his dog cutting a swath through a bunch of monsters! That Crystal Deer gave them some trouble, but some solid teamwork gets them through it .

Why was Yuuya so shocked by the Book of the Sage? Did he find out it was his grandpa ?

I'm guessing Lexia's brother is hiring the scantily-clad lady from the OP to kill Yuuya ?
Old 2023-05-02, 09:23   Link #80
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I can't decide who gets more comments and stares from bystanders, Yuuya or Chizuru from Rental Girlfriend.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, isekai