AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-15, 00:24   Link #2021
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
The theory as I recall was that the tree was, unwittingly, the casting of a magic spell. So I guess their thought is that he used it as a medium of some sort without even realizing it himself.

I still think that the weirdo cast a ward of some sort on MgRonalds to ruin Maou's business, and the tree unexpectedly dispelled it. Maybe he really enjoyed selling chicken?
I'm definitely in the "lifted James' spell by accident" camp. They've displayed his magic, every time, as black hued. This was purple hued and he wasn't chanting or doing anything to activate. Plus, it was "positive" emotional energy, which doesn't work for him.

Ergo, it wasn't a "Demon" spell being used or lifted.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 01:28   Link #2022
JokerD

Suzuno brings up a good point, demons are long lived, they can wait until your descendents are dead before they bring a plan together. Their timeframe is in the hundreds of years... Suzuno mentions that that Maou himself is hundreds of years old. But in human form he still looks pretty young so I'm guessing that he can afford to wait a long time for his return.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 02:07   Link #2023
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Suzuno is scary. She uses war hammer to assassinate the church's political rivals. It shows that her organization rule people by force.
I found it strangely cute that such a little thing is bashing people to death with a giant hammer.
Old 2013-06-15, 10:46   Link #2024
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Hero Keeps Her Faith

I can't believe that in less than two weeks this show is going to be over.

The story itself has good laughs coupled with slapstick jokes from time to time, but also dense character drama along with relationship depth. Add all that up with good awe-strucking action, and the Devil is a Part-Timer becomes a must see show for the spring season.

Mmmhhh...

The Inquisition and the Allied Order of Knights are at odds against each other back to Ente Isla. Mmmhhh... Probably, all those series of intra-assassinations were due to political reasons. One way or another someone would have to fill the power vaccuum, but most of its top head members in either faction do not want the throne for themselves rather the back space, because it gives more room for them to pull the strings and influence their proxies from behind-the-scenes.

I don't blame Suzuno for growing up and being raised in such a kind of environment, which she eventually became the Top Executioner for the Inquistion, and another tool for the scheming Orba Meier.

Now, we got ourselves this week that the James rip-off manager of Sentucky was:
1) the one who assaulted Emi at the convenience store in episode 7.
2) he reveals himself like an angel, though it's still unknown whether he's a full one or half-breed just like Emi.

What I want to know, if that guy has some connection to Orba or the Inquistion? or he hasn't any relation with them, but he's following his own agenda and just using Suzuno as pawn to carry out his plans? I do not think that judging from his tone and deceitful personality wants to get rid of the Dark Lord for either personal reasons, revenge or because it his duty. Although he mentioned he came to relieve Emi off her duties starting with demanding she surrender the sacred sword to him, and yet his powers can nullify Emi's sacred sword using the power of the "daten". Which in Japanese means "the fallen".

Mmmhhh...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:45   Link #2025
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So in the end, it was Maou's magic who attracted the customers? Kinda disappointed with that.

Recall at the beginning that Maou said he had to struggle to even keep his magic from leaking out. That and I don't think he's such an amateur that he wouldn't be aware of himself casting some magic.

Still highly likely it was blue-haired sleazeball.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 13:49   Link #2026
Haiprbim
Banned

Maou-san!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 18:29   Link #2027
Gundamx

By the way, in Suzuno past she used poison to kill her enemy so does that me she try to poison Mao and Ashiya?
(that why Ashiya was sooo sick > and get more sick the more he ate the food she give them?
>>> Mao still have some magic power > so that why he was not effect?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 19:05   Link #2028
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I found it strangely cute that such a little thing is bashing people to death with a giant hammer.
Chibi Suzuno struggling to kill people with her hammer please?

Asuki?

Please?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
By the way, in Suzuno past she used poison to kill her enemy so does that me she try to poison Mao and Ashiya?
(that why Ashiya was sooo sick > and get more sick the more he ate the food she give them?
>>> Mao still have some magic power > so that why he was not effect?)
It seems likely that she just poisoned Ashiya. After all, Ashiya is now in the same hospital as Olba, or so it would seem. A coincidence that they would be in the same place at the height of this new evil plan? Ehhhh...
Old 2013-06-15, 20:36   Link #2029
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Guys, this may be far fetch but. Remember episode 4, when Emilia was in the bath. A white feather dropped into it. You don't think.....................?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 20:45   Link #2030
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Guys, this may be far fetch but. Remember episode 4, when Emilia was in the bath. A white feather dropped into it. You don't think.....................?
It's just a visual representation of Emi regaining some sacred power, that's all. The LN author's tweets while watching the show confirmed it.
Old 2013-06-15, 20:56   Link #2031
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I can't believe that in less than two weeks this show is going to be over.

The story itself has good laughs coupled with slapstick jokes from time to time, but also dense character drama along with relationship depth. Add all that up with good awe-strucking action, and the Devil is a Part-Timer becomes a must see show for the spring season.

Mmmhhh...

The Inquisition and the Allied Order of Knights are at odds against each other back to Ente Isla. Mmmhhh... Probably, all those series of intra-assassinations were due to political reasons. One way or another someone would have to fill the power vaccuum, but most of its top head members in either faction do not want the throne for themselves rather the back space, because it gives more room for them to pull the strings and influence their proxies from behind-the-scenes.

I don't blame Suzuno for growing up and being raised in such a kind of environment, which she eventually became the Top Executioner for the Inquistion, and another tool for the scheming Orba Meier.

Now, we got ourselves this week that the James rip-off manager of Sentucky was:
1) the one who assaulted Emi at the convenience store in episode 7.
2) he reveals himself like an angel, though it's still unknown whether he's a full one or half-breed just like Emi.

What I want to know, if that guy has some connection to Orba or the Inquistion? or he hasn't any relation with them, but he's following his own agenda and just using Suzuno as pawn to carry out his plans? I do not think that judging from his tone and deceitful personality wants to get rid of the Dark Lord for either personal reasons, revenge or because it his duty. Although he mentioned he came to relieve Emi off her duties starting with demanding she surrender the sacred sword to him, and yet his powers can nullify Emi's sacred sword using the power of the "daten". Which in Japanese means "the fallen".

Mmmhhh...
Spoiler:
To your spoiler

Spoiler for response:
Old 2013-06-15, 21:01   Link #2032
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Anything on the Ente Isla angels are pretty much a spoiler mine field. Inquiries on that pretty much HAVE to be redirected to the LN thread.
Old 2013-06-15, 21:17   Link #2033
SQA

I don't know any LN spoilers, so I can speculate to help, I guess.

The assumption is that "James", since he's there to take back Emi's holy sword, is working for "Heaven" back on Ente Isla. Given that black winged Lucifer was working with Maou then Olba (in an attempt to return to "Heaven"), it's safe to assume that white winged James isn't fallen. Thus, James is most assuredly working for "Heaven" and fighting against a half-angel in Emi.

Consider what we know of Ente Isla so far, I think it's safe to assume that the Angels are pretty much right out of Yondemasu Azazel-san. They're no better, and probably worse, than anyone else back on the other world. They probably don't much care about Humans and only got involved because Maou finally turned the Demons into a functional force. I think it was on these forums I referenced Maou to Napoleon, but the association works quite well. He rose above a wretched time & place by instilling order upon a large group of people and it was, on the whole, a Net benefit to those aligned. Not so great to those that stood in his way.

Though the one thing I don't quite get: why is getting the sword back important for the Angels? It can't be that important if they pretty much don't get involved in Human matters (minus sending a Hero). Do they not like having the "Hero Flag" disabled while Emi is off on Earth?
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 21:24   Link #2034
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Anything on the Ente Isla angels are pretty much a spoiler mine field. Inquiries on that pretty much HAVE to be redirected to the LN thread.
Spoiler for since you insist:
Old 2013-06-15, 21:26   Link #2035
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

That's the thing. ANYTHING on the Ente Isla Angels are literally plot points, down to Lucifel and Sariel's eye colors. Seriously.
Old 2013-06-15, 21:29   Link #2036
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Though the one thing I don't quite get: why is getting the sword back important for the Angels? It can't be that important if they pretty much don't get involved in Human matters (minus sending a Hero). Do they not like having the "Hero Flag" disabled while Emi is off on Earth?
If we suppose that Emi's idealism is a threat to the Church and thus to the Angels, there is the possibility that Emi might actually be able to fight against the Angels themselves.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 21:38   Link #2037
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
If we suppose that Emi's idealism is a threat to the Church and thus to the Angels, there is the possibility that Emi might actually be able to fight against the Angels themselves.
I don't think that Better Half has been fully explained in terms of its abilities, beyond that it's her sword and she can summon it with her holy magic whenever she pleases (and that it makes a cute dagger when she's weak ). Since the sword is tied to her, I suppose it's possible that if she were to die the sword could go with her? Either that, or perhaps the sword isn't particularly better at slaying demons and in fact is good at slaying whatever Emi wants to slay?

Of course it could simply be that they want their sword back because they're angels. Regardless, I find that angels in fiction can very often be dicks.
Old 2013-06-16, 07:27   Link #2038
EroKing

Images
Suzuno
Images
Emi with glasses

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-30 at 05:01.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 07:35   Link #2039
NeutralZero

^Waaah Suzuno's just too cute......

For someone that had been dealing with the dark side of the church, it really cant be help and to pity Suzuno to not believe Maou...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 08:31   Link #2040
Kakkou
Tch.

...real Maou ktkr!

The third nicolive featuring Ryota Ohsaka, Hiro Shimono & Yuki Ono just finished not long ago. It was unfortunately region blocked but there are ways around that.

Another fun event! First off, OHSAKA IN MAOU COSPLAY OMG YES. The author, Satoshi Wagahara, even showed up for a brief while. They sampled everything on the cafe menu (I think they didn’t try the girl’s drinks). Ohsaka pretty much fed Shimono most of the time and there was a hilarious scene where Ono told Shimono to 'eat Ohsaka's cucumber' XD. They also played charades (which Ohsaka lost lol) and even surprised Ono with a birthday cake and present! His present was a jinbei and boxers, to which a girl in the crowd shouted “IS THE SIZE OKAY?” lmao. He got boxers because of Ashiya’s OP scene XD.

Images

They also announced a character song mini-album coming out on the 10th of September! The character song themes are as follows (IIRC):

Emi = Fantasy
Chiho = Cute
Maou & Ashiya = Cool
Urushihara = Ambition
Suzuno = Enka
Maou & Chiho = Welcome to MgRonalds

No Maou and Ashiya solo songs, only duets (I wanted to hear Ohsaka sing solo, dammit!). Unfortunately for Emi fans, no Maou & Emi duet either.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work