AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-01, 17:07   Link #41
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm interested in what others have to say about it the sub fee features for MW3.

Seems interesting but not something I would pay for.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...iption-service
Old 2011-06-01, 18:01   Link #42
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not worth getting IMO. It's catered to the hard core players.

And before someone complains about it, this is NOT a monthly subscription (like World of Warcraft) to play Call of Duty. It is an optional service completely outside the single/multi-player, of which the majority of the features are free (stats, groups, etc).
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 20:09   Link #43
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Its pretty funny considering bungie offer pretty much all the same services with the halo games for free u.u

I've read that you wont need to ever pay for a map pack while subscribed which seems pointless considering how infrequent map packs are.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 16:44   Link #44
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Singleplayer campaign demos:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 18:18   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The midair duel with the Hind around the building was intense- even if you know you would win
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 18:32   Link #46
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

If you're playing on any difficulty below Hardened. I'm quite sure that particular battle will make you tear your hair out if you tried it on Veteran... well, that'd apply to most of the game

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 21:08   Link #47
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
What we know if the single-player story is enough for me to buy the game... just not at full price.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 11:53   Link #48
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Singleplayer campaign demos:

Holy... that really kicks ass.

I can't wait to get my hands on the game.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 08:23   Link #49
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Small glimpse of Spec Ops gameplay.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 11:48   Link #50
JagdPanther

I didn't realize that BF3 would have single-player. I mean, at least that seems like the implication based on that video. If it does, I may have to get it. I could not care less about multiplayer; I want good single-player. And if BF3 has good, realistic SP, I want it.

I'll still get MW3, eventually, because I love the SP combat in MW and MW2, even if the MW2 story was just... not good.

Old 2011-06-12, 15:31   Link #51
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Someone getting BF3 for SP only?

Wow, that's a first lol. :P
Old 2011-06-12, 16:23   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

Not really I'm also more of a Campaigner than a Multiplayer-er.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 16:25   Link #53
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

I can't stand multiplayer, usually. It adds nothing to my enjoyment of games. I want a story, a point, enough script to remind me why I am playing a game.

I've only ever played two MP games for a long time (2+ years). America's Army (1 and 2, but not really 3) and Day of Defeat: Source. I played them because I found good servers and liked the people who played there every day. I don't play AA anymore because my clan disbanded and I don't play DoD:S anymore because the group who ran the server has hardly played much the last year or so.

I can replay SP games ad nauseum. I just replayed two of my favorite games of the 90s, one for probably the 10th time. They never get old to me. I replay missions from CoD (mostly MW and MW2, but sometimes CoD2 and CoD1/UO) all the time because I find them interesting and challenging. Same with many other games I own. I'm always replaying a campaign if I don't have any new games to beat.

MP... not so much. I know I'm extremely unusual in that regard, but it is what it is. The BF3 single-player trailers look amazing. If the campaign is well done, I'll buy the game, but like with MW2, I'll wait a while after release until the price comes down and I can get it at a price that I feel is reasonable solely for a SP campaign.

Old 2011-06-12, 16:28   Link #54
Xion Valkyrie

I only found the original MW's campaign to be good. It was linear, but still gave you a bit of freedom to approach things. Whereas MW2 and BO really just felt like they were dragging you around telling you exactly what to do.

I still think Crysis/Crysis Warhead have much better single player campaign for replaying.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 16:30   Link #55
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Was I the only one underwhelmed by the gameplay at E3? It struck me as another run-of-the-mill epic scale game of NYC being destroyed. What is this game going to do that Crysis already didn't? I don't know, I enjoyed the first two MW, so maybe I'll end up enjoying this. I think the fact they're releasing a MW game on a yearly basis is beginning to hurt the product, though... there's really nothing new here.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 17:18   Link #56
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not really I'm also more of a Campaigner than a Multiplayer-er.
hehe I think joke is that BF was always about MP

Now we can be about SP but even so fans of the series will tell you it's really all about fragging the noobs

Well I will admit I am one of the many millions of minions that like COD, so I will get this at some point but I have more interest in BF3 than this.

Think I'll let my brother get MW3 and I'll get BF3 and get a copy for meslef later on.

And truth be told I think everyone bar little kids that wouldn't know better, would think MW3 is somewhat underwhelming, it's really just an updated MW2 but won't mean they won't be a little hyped about it.

I'm a little annoyed that they have taken the dive out, one of my fav things about BLOPS.

If they add dinosaurs this time around, I would totally be on board
Old 2011-06-12, 19:01   Link #57
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I only found the original MW's campaign to be good. It was linear, but still gave you a bit of freedom to approach things. Whereas MW2 and BO really just felt like they were dragging you around telling you exactly what to do.

I still think Crysis/Crysis Warhead have much better single player campaign for replaying.
Oh, I agree, the MW2 story/campaign wasn't as good. But I still replay missions often (and the Challenge missions or whatever they're called) because I find them enjoyable stand-alones. I especially play the Ranger missions a lot.

Old 2011-06-12, 19:08   Link #58
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I really hope BF3's SP has a lot of replayability for you and I, then lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Was I the only one underwhelmed by the gameplay at E3? It struck me as another run-of-the-mill epic scale game of NYC being destroyed. What is this game going to do that Crysis already didn't? I don't know, I enjoyed the first two MW, so maybe I'll end up enjoying this. I think the fact they're releasing a MW game on a yearly basis is beginning to hurt the product, though... there's really nothing new here.
I kinda agree. But I can always count on those set piece moments COD seems to do right.
Old 2011-06-20, 10:21   Link #59
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

'Call of Duty' Lawsuit Heads to Trial After Judge Rules Against Activision
Old 2011-06-20, 20:44   Link #60
JagdPanther

As a law student, I want to be interested in this. I want to read the court documents, pleadings, etc. and understand them. But I know that I suck at the law and following this case would only depress me since I know absolutely nothing about the law.