AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-07-15, 08:51   Link #881
GDB

It'll be interesting to see where he goes with this. He previously stated that he wanted Vegeta to be the main character next time, but we also know that editors usually got in the way of what he wanted in order to prop Goku up. It also hasn't been 3 years (in real life) since Battle of Gods, so Beerus might not be awake yet.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 00:13   Link #882
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Dragon Ball Z Gets New 2015 Film by Creator Toriyama

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oriyama/.76681
Hell yeah!
Old 2014-07-16, 01:41   Link #883
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Hell yeah!
(Clicks on the link and reads the post) ... a continuat... *faints from the excitement*
Old 2014-07-21, 12:45   Link #884
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

The public movie site says 「史上最悪の願い。それは、絶望が始まり」(The most evil wish in history. This is how the despair begins)

Looks like the plot will revolve around a terrible dragon ball wish, or the consequences of a wish made earlier in the series? Interesting
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 12:51   Link #885
GDB

It better not be something horribly asinine like Goku wishing the other Gods of Destruction to Earth so he can fight them.
Old 2014-07-21, 12:55   Link #886
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCat View Post
Looks like the plot will revolve around a terrible dragon ball wish, or the consequences of a wish made earlier in the series? Interesting
Let me guess the panties Oolong got from the first wish was in fact from one those gods like Bills and now she wants it back or else...
Old 2014-07-22, 11:26   Link #887
SidVicious
Anime addict

Maybe Vegeta will wish for Goku to vanish.
Old 2014-07-22, 11:41   Link #888
GDB

Not really sure why he'd do that, or how it'd really bring about an entire movie's worth of plot. After all, he accepted Goku after/during the Buu Saga, so going back to that Android Saga dynamic would be erasing his character development.
Old 2014-07-22, 15:13   Link #889
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Goku is way too strong for Shenron's wishes to affect him anyway.

I'm expecting the wish to be something silly like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Let me guess the panties Oolong got from the first wish was in fact from one those gods like Bills and now she wants it back or else...
Toriyama said the movie would be super funny, after all.
Old 2014-07-22, 15:26   Link #890
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Toriyama said the movie would be super funny, after all.
Oh, just what I wanted....

I think it's better for my mental state to just consider these movies to be humorous OVAs that don't matter much to the overall canon. I'll just go back to considering the Dragon Ball plot finished like I did before Battle of the Gods.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 15:30   Link #891
GDB

Weird part is it's supposed to be an "evil" wish, not a "destructive" wish. It's entirely possible that some third party, like Hoi from Wrath of the Dragon, is the one that makes the wish.

Honestly, I'd love if the "despair" was a reference to Future Trunks. Something like... present Trunks wants to meet the future him who fought against Cell with his dad and Gohan, so he wishes to meet him in a way that creates an inter-dimensional pathway. This allows all manner of evil to cross through, while also giving us fan favorite Future Trunks back!
Old 2014-07-22, 16:18   Link #892
Gundamx

why don't they hide dragon ball in safe place like Namek?
other evil people already mange to use it
for example in last movie Pilaf use it to gain youth

and if someone like him can gather them than anyone can get them
as long as they stay away from it when DBZ
(It look like they don't farm DB every year )

about the wish, it could be many thing
for example red ribbon leftover mange to gather them and wish for world dominion or as revenge to erase goku memory from everyone or to send him to different dimension and it's up for Vegeta and co. to save him
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 16:23   Link #893
GDB

It can't directly affect Goku. Nappa was strong enough that the Dragon couldn't cause his death way back in the Saiyan Saga, and the Dragon wasn't strong enough to force Goku back to Earth after the Frieza Saga, so there's no way he'd be able to send him to another dimension.
Old 2014-07-22, 18:20   Link #894
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It can't directly affect Goku. Nappa was strong enough that the Dragon couldn't cause his death way back in the Saiyan Saga, and the Dragon wasn't strong enough to force Goku back to Earth after the Frieza Saga, so there's no way he'd be able to send him to another dimension.
that because half-piccolo was weaker than Nappa
Dragon ball can't make wish to defeat person who is stronger than the DB builder

but dende was stronger ( yes he is not fighter but healer) that why Dragon got upgrade when he become new guardian
(3-2 wishes instead of just one)
Old 2014-07-22, 18:42   Link #895
GDB

Well, we know he's definitely not stronger than Gohan or Krillin when they were on Namek, so he'd be under 10k. And I doubt he was stronger than Muri, since they used Porunga to try to wish Goku back.
Old 2014-07-22, 19:22   Link #896
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok if the new movies are directly after the serialization of DBZ, this means everything is after the Buu Saga right? I'm seeing a paradox here IF they consider GT as canon. Toriyama can create him own power up for the SSgod like what he did in the Battle of Gods movie.

Also I think this will be a wish that can cause chaos to the DB universe that would possibly make connection to the other DB multiverse as seen in the new DB game the Trunks there is the DBOnline Trunks and a red haired SS? SSJgod Gohan perhaps?

The funny scenes will probably be like the dancing Vegeta and idiot Gohan getting his wife shot.

Speaking of Vegeta? Where is my ova!?

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2014-07-24 at 21:06.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 19:44   Link #897
GDB

They actually take place between Kid Buu's Death and the last episode of Z (well last few episodes) where Uub debuts.

They don't consider GT canon. Battle of Gods went out of its way to remove GT from any semblance of canon.

Toriyama also said Goku (and likely by extension as shown in the movie, everyone else) wouldn't go past Super Saiyan 1 anymore. His reasoning being basically that there's no hard limit to Super Saiyan's power, so training base form will eventually allow one to equal higher forms but without the strain of that form.
Old 2014-07-23, 01:14   Link #898
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Toriyama also said Goku (and likely by extension as shown in the movie, everyone else) wouldn't go past Super Saiyan 1 anymore. His reasoning being basically that there's no hard limit to Super Saiyan's power, so training base form will eventually allow one to equal higher forms but without the strain of that form.
If they don't go past Super Saiyan 1 anymore, what happens to the newly-revealed
God Mode?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 03:34   Link #899
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
If they don't go past Super Saiyan 1 anymore, what happens to the newly-revealed
God Mode?
goku can used it with SS

Quote:
Well, we know he's definitely not stronger than Gohan or Krillin when they were on Namek, so he'd be under 10k. And I doubt he was stronger than Muri, since they used Porunga to try to wish Goku back.
the problem is he is healer not dps

Last edited by Gundamx; 2014-07-23 at 06:45.
Old 2014-07-23, 08:08   Link #900
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
They actually take place between Kid Buu's Death and the last episode of Z (well last few episodes) where Uub debuts.

They don't consider GT canon. Battle of Gods went out of its way to remove GT from any semblance of canon.

Exactly, Vegeta proved it too. SSJ3 is basicly more strain/lifespan for more Power and speed. which can be obtained with training and WILLPOWER as vegeta showed.