AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-03, 21:25   Link #25661
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"And in the great gun nation of America, flight was not the only action people instinctively took in order to protect themselves."
Old 2013-05-03, 21:25   Link #25662
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

YES! The Touma & Kakine tag team also gets me excited
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-05-03, 21:29   Link #25663
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
YES! The Touma & Kakine tag team also gets me excited
depending on how it is shown, tears may fall from my eyes.
Old 2013-05-03, 21:33   Link #25664
Trung-t-rung

Kakine and Touma battle duo sounds great.
But I hope in the future there will be the Touma , Kakine , Accelerator combo.
Now that's what I called truly epic fight.
Old 2013-05-03, 21:33   Link #25665
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
That kind of event deserves at least an illustration, or even better, a colored spread like the one with Touma and Birdy.

Can't believe my expectations of this volume changed so fast, and that I'm even more hyped now than I was with harem shenanigans.
Old 2013-05-03, 21:39   Link #25666
Stufu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Dropped since NT 3? Kamachi loosing his edge? that's preposterous

If you ask me it turns into something wild and exciting and much more!!!

yes we have less time with Touma and some random girl which is less harem but that doesn't stop the fans for shipping!

I know the current era tends to like harem, oppai or ecchi stuff, then cool hero that beats everyone even if its insane impossible because he is the creator of the game . But KAMACHI SPITS ON THAT CRAP!!!!

Since NT starts.

There are less accidental ecchi scenes for Touma

Less comedic scenes but there are still few

Less girls exposure for each volume which was the theme in first half of the series with Touma comes to save a princess or someone

Less Touma going to Hospital. Heck After the civil war. He only admitted once on the hospital and that's a NEW RECORD!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------

If you ask me the story is progressing in incredible rate. its growing and maturing. The characters are growing on you and you become attach to them.

Touma doesn't do shounen power ups but you can see he is improving in dealing with super natural kinds

but the enemy isn't stupid too and they are throwing away their pride to kill him. Their pride are their magic but they are even disregarding it in favor of guns or mundane weapons to kill him.

You can see accelerator's growth from suicidal freak that will kill all for last order into family center guy that has manage to go over his past but not totally throw it away. He is still carrying it as a reminder but he is not shackled by it. And even if he ended up doing a mistake. Someone will correct him.

Shiage has more interesting part

Frau-bou is still eating someone

The story goes weird insane but its shaping up into something awesome.

True Mikoto was abandon on airport on NT 3 and there aren't really sweet moments on Mikoto and Touma but that's already a given fact. If they manage to read the first half of the series and even manage to read up to NT then they should already get over with their manifestation of illusions with Mikoto and Touma pairing. Mikoto is maturing yes, but that still doesn't equate to anything on Touma.

And if your friend is still clinging to Kamachi's promise that Mikoto will have more prominent role in the future. Then kamachi was true to his words. Mikoto was often seen in NT than in first half of the series. Heck, Mikoto even go against Brunhilde and manage to stall her. That's an improvement and a great development and I'm really proud of her on what she said during the fight.

I can proudly say that Index story is maturing as the story goes on and I will confidently say that it will go more insane. But if people are being put off for it then its their decision.

NT has different formula than the first half of the series and it should be already obvious when there are no new girls introduce to stalk Touma. And academy city is growing more insane just like how the magic side shows their top guns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The cyborg of academy city and the AIM entity shouldn't really surprise anyone when the magic side shows their MAJIN and GREMLIN or just plain MAJIN OTHINUS.

Othinus is bad news specially when she has all the ingredients that she needed to create gungnir.

A cyborg that has all the ability of all level 5 and accelerator's wings mode will still be an ant to her if the invisible thing inside Touma doesn't even scares her.

Please considerate on how insane the magic side are so the insane things in science side shouldn't be that surprising.
Darn... since I started to surf on internet, I like your comment the most

Btw, don't insult Americans here guys... considering I'm one of them
Old 2013-05-03, 21:49   Link #25667
Goldzero

so am i. its pretty hurtful that you trash us like that.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:13   Link #25668
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I'm already crying manly tears ... what should I do about them?
Old 2013-05-03, 22:16   Link #25669
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"And in the great gun nation of America, flight was not the only action people instinctively took in order to protect themselves."
And I counter with this.

The girl was wearing a sun visor and a sporty bikini that made her look a bit like a beach volleyball player. She was holding a white rectangular box in her arms. At first, Mikoto thought she was selling ice cream, but that wasn’t it. The beach volleyball-like blonde girl spoke in English,“I’ll take your handguns here. Anyone who does not want their precious partners to be ruined by the sand, seawater, and sea wind should use our services. Any handguns from the eight major companies get complimentary maintenance.”

That announcement would have left people speechless in Japan, but it seemed to be standard there. Everyone from macho black men to slender housewives handed those shining black hunks of tough metal to the girl. The girl wrapped rubber bands around the grips of the handguns, and then put them in the white box. The rubber bands had chips within them that had GPS locators and information on their owners inputted into them.

“Wow,” Saten said as she looked on in amazement.It seemed that Shirai and Uiharu had dealt a little with guns before in their Judgement training, but they still couldn’t hide their surprise. Mikoto sighed.“…We really are in America, aren’t we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post

Btw, don't insult Americans here guys... considering I'm one of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
so am i. its pretty hurtful that you trash us like that.
We're not insulting Americans, we're playing a little game making fun of Kamachi's odd ideas about Americans.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:23   Link #25670
Goldzero

well i anit exactly gonna let a few jokes crush my mood. i don't know why the fans are complaining about this volume but it seems like kamachi is finally stepping up his game. after reading the preview of the next volume, i have to say im happy with the toumaxharem moments are being cool down so we can really enjoy NT7, with full on action and even shiage starting to have an interesting part again in the story.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:35   Link #25671
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I'm already crying manly tears ... what should I do about them?
if I were in your place, I wipe away them with a handkerchief, then would take the handkerchief and squeeze it until the last tears fall, would keep everything in a recipient, and the day I was reading this part of the book, put the recipient at my side it would be a good time.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:37   Link #25672
Haigon

In the end...

Beetle 05: Ok Kamijou, let's kick that cyber-bitch's ass!
*Rensa mess with Dark Matter and he is KO'ed*
Touma: Shit, I'm alone.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:40   Link #25673
Goldzero

i can't wait to see how touma going to get trolled in this one. i wonder if touma gonna put up a better fight against tshmukuro(can't spell him name) seeing as how he was crushed during their first fight.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:43   Link #25674
Stufu

Well, in fact, I carried guns around the wood in hunting season and I actually see guns selling at department stores... lol let's talk 'bout the series

-I think the character development in NT is far more interesting in than the old series. tsunade666 said, I completely agree. In fact, Touma and Accel have potential to increase their power since they both are not yet fully understand their power. For Shiage, his survival instinct is already at maximum I think.
-I'm not a harem anime lover so I like the way the series go with protagonists fighting and heroines supporting. About shipping, just let Kamachi decides cuz I think this kinda story, romance isn't important. Anyway, I admit some characters can make you smile when they're together.
-I like this series, but still can't see an end lol

For NT7, what will come, come ... I just wanna see some actions. (Feel like Loli will rule the AC)
Old 2013-05-03, 22:48   Link #25675
Goldzero

i may not care for shippings that much, but while im gonna enjoy this volume which well probably have no toumaxharem shipping(which im glad atm) kamachi should focus on some moments with a few girls so the shipping popularity well continue to grow. i mean sure toumaxmikoto keeps growing thanks to all the moments they have together and they still have a few in NT(if anyone remembers NT2 was probably one of the best) and we have railgun season 2 to keep those shippers satisfied with toumaxmikoto but even so im afraid if the shipping dies down it could affect his popularity kinda, seeing as how they are also a big part of touma popularity.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:49   Link #25676
Haigon

Touma now got a man-eater at home, that will be bad for some relationship.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:50   Link #25677
Goldzero

if you mean "index" then yes i agree
Old 2013-05-03, 22:50   Link #25678
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's more than just Kamachi's weird misconceptions about America. All of Japan has these weird misconceptions about us, Americans.

On another note, I am more surprised that Kamachi knows America most for its Second Amendment Rights (the right to bear arms) than anything else.

Spoiler for Bad Second Amendment Pun Incoming:
Old 2013-05-03, 22:54   Link #25679
Haigon

Quote:
I was talking about Fräulein.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:54   Link #25680
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
I was talking about Fräulein.
They are both man-eaters but we can all agree that little Fräu is more lovable.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen