Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-14, 15:12   Link #121
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Anything that saves a character from death, who traded his life for a moment of extreme power, is madness.
Konoha should divide their ninja in two groups, one group who always uses the pills and one group to heal them afterwards. This way, their genin can beat other villages jounin and their jounin can take out whole villages by themselves.
... and the Hokage can destroy planets with a gigantic Kamehameha!
Chouji's clan is the only clan that can use those pills pay attention! Anyway big boy is alive so everyone can stop whining about how Chouji's non-death shocked the anime world and ruined the class of Naruto. Its not that big of a deal. Its not like he commited suicide and ate a senzu bean right before his death the pills probably did nothing more than give him a heart attack he would have died from had jounin not been in the woods to rescue them (I for one saw it coming when we found out Shizune was in the woods. C'mon there was no way a medical Ninja like her was going to let any genin die who weren't beyond obviously dead). Moving on
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 15:17   Link #122
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
just because you see a guy and a girl together in a room, everyone thinks that they are the perfect couple and must be a couple. You say Temari and Shikamaru respect each other? Well just so you know, Temari is just sitting there, acting a little egoistic and not-caring, telling Shikamaru "sorry for your team mates but thats life. sometimes sacrifices must be made to finish the mission"

do you call that respect for another? Shikamaru cares more about his team mates rather than his mission. But maybe we will see Temaris true face for him in the next chapter if she decides to walk to him and try to comfort him. If not, then she is not the right person for Shikamaru. Ino would not hesitate to help Shikamaru when he is crying like that.
Yeah, Ino can be a bitch, but if he was crying she would comfort him. He's been her friend for a long time, after all.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 15:22   Link #123
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I think Naruto deserves some love more than anyone else. I mean he had an entire community against him from birth! Imagine your whole neighborhood of people who are supposed to be like you hating you. And all he wants is Sakura to give him a little attention. the poor boy. I bet the general leaf ninja still consider him an idiot even now. Shikamaru doesn't have those kind of problems. He doesn't need a love interest.
Old 2004-10-14, 15:30   Link #124
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Chouji's clan is the only clan that can use those pills pay attention! Anyway big boy is alive so everyone can stop whining about how Chouji's non-death shocked the anime world and ruined the class of Naruto. Its not that big of a deal. Its not like he commited suicide and ate a senzu bean right before his death the pills probably did nothing more than give him a heart attack he would have died from had jounin not been in the woods to rescue them (I for one saw it coming when we found out Shizune was in the woods. C'mon there was no way a medical Ninja like her was going to let any genin die who weren't beyond obviously dead). Moving on
As far as we know, any fatass could use the pills. Konoha simply needs a new diet plan for all their ninja. ^^
They would get somewhat weaker, but that's not an issue, as their power would be hundred times as much as before anyway. ^^
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 15:30   Link #125
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I think Sakura will be a bitch and slap him and cry that he didn't keep his promise.
Ino will probably not be as upset, and spend her time with Shika and Chouji. People forget that the three were friends even before they were put on a genin team. It couldn't be helped, since their father's were best friends.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 15:38   Link #126
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
As far as we know, any fatass could use the pills. Konoha simply needs a new diet plan for all their ninja. ^^
They would get somewhat weaker, but that's not an issue, as their power would be hundred times as much as before anyway. ^^
Go back and read the manga or watch the anime and you'll realize that Chouji and his clan are the only people who can use the pills and do Multi size no jutsu, which the colored pills directly influenced. Thats why Chouji has more power than all the genin. He is the only one among them capable of using his clans special secret weapon (The colored pills).
Old 2004-10-14, 15:42   Link #127
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Go back and read the manga or watch the anime and you'll realize that Chouji and his clan are the only people who can use the pills and do Multi size no jutsu, which the colored pills directly influenced. Thats why Chouji has more power than all the genin. He is the only one among them capable of using his clans special secret weapon (The colored pills).
Huh? Where exactly was a connection between multi size no jutsu and the pills stated? If it was stated, you should be able to remember when.
I DO know the jutsu becomes more powerful if you use the pills, but that doesn't mean it is an requirement.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 15:46   Link #128
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Using multi size no jutsu with the power of the pills was how he overcame his opponent afterall. Anyways Chouji isn't that interesting. Its a cheap move anyway you look at it. But the pills were specially made by his clan for their unique ability. Unlike soldier pills or blood clotting pills etc. which Kabuto used. Konoha does need to chane its diet though. Naruto is going to get serious health problems if he doesn't eat his veggies. ^^
Old 2004-10-14, 16:38   Link #129
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Anything that saves a character from death, who traded his life for a moment of extreme power, is madness.
Konoha should divide their ninja in two groups, one group who always uses the pills and one group to heal them afterwards. This way, their genin can beat other villages jounin and their jounin can take out whole villages by themselves.
... and the Hokage can destroy planets with a gigantic Kamehameha!
Chouji is from a special advanced bloodline. His bloodline has to do something about eating those soldier pills. So they dont die from the effect of a pill while a normal ninja would die. If Kishimoto killed Chouji I'm sure Shika would quit being a ninja.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 17:15   Link #130
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
Its not a bloodline limit, its a family secret.
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 17:17   Link #131
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
There is contless people in manga who try to sacrifice themself and finally remains alive.
sure...but what does that have to do with Naruto? My examples were about naruto and thus other manga is simply beside the point.

Quote:
I would add that usually when the character survives, it's due an external intervention (opponent saving him at the last second, arrival of a new good guy/powerful weapon/armor or basically any deus ex machina) and the character was saying that he could die.
Differently speaking he was risking his life, not certain that in the current situation he has to die and acting this way.

Contrary to Chouji and Sandaime for example.

Well yeah rather stunning, Sandaime was 10 times more important in the story than Chouji is -and I think will ever be..
I just happen to think that Kishimoto not only used Choji in the rescue team but also let him survive for a reason. Having Choji in that team just to die instead going in depth about choji is not hard choice for me.
Sure he's less important, but he's only less important because Kishi wants too.
So just as well he tries to make him more interesting,
mind you that making him say after taking a pill: "Im hunderd times stronger now" is far from interesting but that's something else.

Quote:
Still if Chouji hasn't survived, Naruto would have been a little less "light" and that's all.
It's just that the pill thingy was the absolute lamest thing in the whole series.
No disagreement there, But it's the essence of my point. Naruto is "light" the series proves that to itself, hence the thought of Choji dying was slim at best.

Quote:
Note that I understand your point saying that the Genins couldn't die, there are still children and good guy which is a powerful combination in light Shonen to survive.
Good that actually my only point. I have no clue why Im replying to all this
Old 2004-10-14, 18:24   Link #132
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
sure...but what does that have to do with Naruto? My examples were about naruto and thus other manga is simply beside the point.
lol Animizzle Ero-Senn1n said that Chouji couldn't die because of Shounen rules, I said that it was wrong and just easy to say that after this chapter, you then came and said that you disagreed and now you say that other mangas is beside the point? The point was other shounen in general in the first place...
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 19:04   Link #133
Lathmeer

Man, I was so sure Chouji was a gonner. And here I thought Kishimoto had some balls. I'm pretty dissapointed. If you follow American Comics, then you are probably fairly used to characters coming back to life. It happens so often that it's become something of a cliche.

For instance, Jean Grey from the X-Men, has died multiple times 'permanently', only to come back later. Same with Magneto. Even Professor Xavier has gone through the miraculous recovery song and dance.

That's why I cringe when I see characters surviving when they really shouldn't have. I've always held that killing a supporting character is better than making them almost die, in terms of what they can do for a story.

Can you imagine what Star Wars would have been like if Obi-wan had taken Darth Vaders lightsaber in the gut, vaporized, only to pop up later in the series going 'I'm fine! Whew that was a close one huh? Damn Lightsabers vaporizing my body. THAT was kind of hard to recover from let me tell you!'

Writers! USE death in stories! It is a great catalyst for emotion and story points! Kishimoto should know this already. I mean, look at the impact Haku and Zabuza had on everyone. Almost everyone loved that arc.
Lathmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 19:14   Link #134
Urashima-Sempai

I love it how generally the same people argue over something about every new chapter.

It's a comic, guys, nothing to fight over.
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 19:18   Link #135
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

That was very cool alchemy-healing jutsu thing they did to Neji. Heehee. Very cool.

And poor poor Shikamaru. Really, Temari has the hots for the dude.

Please I hope Sakura continues to be her useless self and if and only if she wants to train hope she doesn't train under Tsunade. (I absolutely abhor the idea and the Sannin-Team 7 parallels). I want her to train under Kakashi and becomes a 'normal' but excellent ninja.

Can't wait for the conversation, what I'm looking forward to is Naruto's reaction and what happens to Team 7.

Will there be a new member to Team 7 or will Sakura go with Ino's team and Naruto to continue training under Jeraiya? Naruto going to Ino's team seems unlikely to me but what the heck...
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 19:51   Link #136
UserName

If Naruto starts to focus on romance it will be an utter piece of shit. Just pure crap, it would just go down hill, there's already too much needing to be done, this and that and all these stuff that needs to be explained. So many things needs to be done. It would be worse than any anime filler can get, yes even Konohmaru crying all episode long.

That being said, I didn't like this chapter... That akatsuki ninja was just ingored.. apeared at the end of 1 chapter the next nowhere to be scene. Maybe if that was just the case hmm... but seeing as how Naruto has been I won't be surprised if he's never to be heard of again.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 19:57   Link #137
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I shudder at the thought of Konohamaru crying all episode like he did in the anime when he found out about Tsunade. Yes focusing on romance over the story would be sick and pathetic but the is no indication that this will happen. I for one don't think they will follow the love life of Shikmaru or anyone unless it is relevant to the story.
Old 2004-10-14, 20:04   Link #138
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin
Shikamaru and Temari should not be together for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.....

Spoiler:
Well, so long as you didn't say Shika was Ino's, that's all good, lol. Then again, wait-- no it's not. Either Temari is MINE , or Shika's (my embodiment), but no one else's. Get your own Fan Girl. I hear Kagura from Inuyasha is available.

As for those people who are using the current scene between them as an indication that they are not meant to be together, I present these arguments:

1) Where were you during chapter 214?

2) Temari's been straightforward, and always will be straightforward. She seems like the type of person who takes a "that's life" approach to things (considering her family life in the past, that's none too surprising). Being egotistical... I disagree. Maybe during a fight, but not during this aftermath, when she's still sitting there with him (with no obligation to, since we've neither seen Kankurou looking over Kiba nor Gaara and Rock Lee chit-chatting) and must certainly realize what's on his mind. In a strange way, she's pretty much saying that Shikamaru's not to blame. "This is the kind of stuff that happens." Of course, I'm still waiting for the translation, so I'm only borrowing from an anti-TemaShika arguer's translation.

Whether or not their feelings have culminated yet isn't relevant, but judging from the oh-so-subtle-oh-who-the-hell-am-I-kidding-blatant inferences Kishimoto put up in 214, it'll grow; in other words, this isn't that cheap fanfiction (ie. 97.2 percent of fanfiction.net) where two people for some reason (ie. no reason whatsoever) just start kissing each other, but their relationship is something to anticipate. Whether or not you loved or hated it, I'm sure just about everyone here has seen DBZ. Vegeta and Bulma getting together was a huge shock (refer back to the double take you performed when you first learned of this), but it worked.

Shikamaru's a bit too mature for Ino despite his laziness and distaste for most girls, but Temari seems appropriate. What I mean by mature is that he's not caught up in the same frivolous actions and dreams as everyone else. Compare his "simple yet well-thought out goal" to Naruto's non-specific dream of becoming Hokage or getting with Sakura, then compare his goal to Sakura's or Ino's overly strong desire to get with Sasuke, and also compare with Sasuke's desperate and overly ambitious goal to kill his older brother "at any cost". He's really like an old man.

3) Age doesn't matter. They are three years apart. Either 12 and 15 or 13 and 16 at this point, but I've seen relationships like that, and I see them often. Then, considering how Temari was checking Sasuke out, the age argument falls apart.

4) Temari's smile. Temari's a smirker (ie. sarcastic, cocky, competitive, confident, etc.). At the end of 214, that smile was one of cheeriness. We've never seen her smile like that; she could just as easily have smirked at Shikamaru and mocked him, pointing her finger and laughing if she is, in fact, as egotistical as I've heard claimed. And that warm smile really isn't the type you give to someone you dislike or enjoy making fun of, unless of course you really don't dislike them. Do YOU smile like that to someone you don't know or don't like (or both)? To suggest that she's really not considerate of him based on the current scene is to imply that her regard for him has done a complete 180.

Food for thought, yay TemaShika, I'll give my thoughts on the rest of the chapter when I read its translation.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:07   Link #139
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
Chouji is from a special advanced bloodline. His bloodline has to do something about eating those soldier pills. So they dont die from the effect of a pill while a normal ninja would die. If Kishimoto killed Chouji I'm sure Shika would quit being a ninja.

Ummm Chouji is not from a Advanced Bloodline.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:14   Link #140
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Well, so long as you didn't say Shika was Ino's, that's all good, lol. Then again, wait-- no it's not. Either Temari is MINE , or Shika's (my embodiment), but no one else's. Get your own Fan Girl. I hear Kagura from Inuyasha is available.

As for those people who are using the current scene between them as an indication that they are not meant to be together, I present these arguments:

1) Where were you during chapter 214?

2) Temari's been straightforward, and always will be straightforward. She seems like the type of person who takes a "that's life" approach to things (considering her family life in the past, that's none too surprising). Being egotistical... I disagree. Maybe during a fight, but not during this aftermath, when she's still sitting there with him (with no obligation to, since we've neither seen Kankurou looking over Kiba nor Gaara and Rock Lee chit-chatting) and must certainly realize what's on his mind. In a strange way, she's pretty much saying that Shikamaru's not to blame. "This is the kind of stuff that happens." Of course, I'm still waiting for the translation, so I'm only borrowing from an anti-TemaShika arguer's translation.

Whether or not their feelings have culminated yet isn't relevant, but judging from the oh-so-subtle-oh-who-the-hell-am-I-kidding-blatant inferences Kishimoto put up in 214, it'll grow; in other words, this isn't that cheap fanfiction (ie. 97.2 percent of fanfiction.net) where two people for some reason (ie. no reason whatsoever) just start kissing each other, but their relationship is something to anticipate. Whether or not you loved or hated it, I'm sure just about everyone here has seen DBZ. Vegeta and Bulma getting together was a huge shock (refer back to the double take you performed when you first learned of this), but it worked.

Shikamaru's a bit too mature for Ino despite his laziness and distaste for most girls, but Temari seems appropriate. What I mean by mature is that he's not caught up in the same frivolous actions and dreams as everyone else. Compare his "simple yet well-thought out goal" to Naruto's non-specific dream of becoming Hokage or getting with Sakura, then compare his goal to Sakura's or Ino's overly strong desire to get with Sasuke, and also compare with Sasuke's desperate and overly ambitious goal to kill his older brother "at any cost". He's really like an old man.

3) Age doesn't matter. They are three years apart. Either 12 and 15 or 13 and 16 at this point, but I've seen relationships like that, and I see them often. Then, considering how Temari was checking Sasuke out, the age argument falls apart.

4) Temari's smile. Temari's a smirker (ie. sarcastic, cocky, competitive, confident, etc.). At the end of 214, that smile was one of cheeriness. We've never seen her smile like that; she could just as easily have smirked at Shikamaru and mocked him, pointing her finger and laughing if she is, in fact, as egotistical as I've heard claimed. And that warm smile really isn't the type you give to someone you dislike or enjoy making fun of, unless of course you really don't dislike them. Do YOU smile like that to someone you don't know or don't like (or both)? To suggest that she's really not considerate of him based on the current scene is to imply that her regard for him has done a complete 180.

Food for thought, yay TemaShika, I'll give my thoughts on the rest of the chapter when I read its translation.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
QFT

Preach da good word, brudda!
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote