Manus ad Ferrum

Well this doesn't look good... Shirou is still in the story. Be very afraid
Old 2014-03-22, 19:48   Link #342
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
>Actually expected Shirou to not be in it?

Okay...
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2014-03-22 at 20:15.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 20:13   Link #343
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Complaining about the MC (Shirou) being annoying is understandable, but complaining about his existence? Without him, there will be no F/SN.
Old 2014-03-22, 21:56   Link #344
Touko

He was expecting an original route, with no Shirou and Archer just kills everyone.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 06:12   Link #345
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Ah, nice, that's actually a pretty good sign. The focus on the masters and the absence of Saber suggests that they're not making Saber the primary focus on the story, and makes a HF-based adaptation considerably more likely.
So apparently you missed the real life size of Saber statue that is standing like 2 meters from this posters with Masters?
That tells me something about focus.

But granted, they will include Sakura's part of the story too but will they actually include HF or will they add some new scenes to compensate and go for something else is what we will have to wait to see.

The way I see it from the visuals and everything is that they will try to focus equally on all routes and they are probably looking to give nice closure to everyone with Shirou being more mature than in VN.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 08:55   Link #346
tsunade666

Lancer gone more smexy than ever. I like that wild look of Shirou.
Old 2014-03-23, 10:44   Link #347
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, what I mean is that no matter what route they use (Fate, UBW, HF) it will have Shirou on it and he is the reason why I think the series never does better than above average for me.
Old 2014-03-23, 11:18   Link #348
ukulelembo
Detective

ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 11:59   Link #349
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
So apparently you missed the real life size of Saber statue that is standing like 2 meters from this posters with Masters?
That tells me something about focus.
Given that I wasn't actually there and am going on what he posted, yes, I missed the real life-sized statue of Saber that wasn't in the picture (yes, I know someone posted it after...).

But, regardless, said statue isn't necessarily an indication of the contents of the anime, whereas you would expect the poster to be somewhat.

Quote:
But granted, they will include Sakura's part of the story too but will they actually include HF or will they add some new scenes to compensate and go for something else is what we will have to wait to see.
Well, yeah, I wasn't saying it would be HF, just that it's looking more likely given that they weren't focussing mostly or solely on Saber, and the main advertising poster didn't even involve her.

Quote:
The way I see it from the visuals and everything is that they will try to focus equally on all routes and they are probably looking to give nice closure to everyone with Shirou being more mature than in VN.
Yeah, it seems likely that they are intending to try to give everyone focus, what I'm not sure about is how.

Quote:
No, what I mean is that no matter what route they use (Fate, UBW, HF) it will have Shirou on it and he is the reason why I think the series never does better than above average for me.
I'm guessing you never read the VN, because Shirou is a lot less bad in the VN (especially in UBW and HF) than he is in the original anime.
Old 2014-03-23, 12:27   Link #350
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, yeah, I wasn't saying it would be HF, just that it's looking more likely given that they weren't focussing mostly or solely on Saber, and the main advertising poster didn't even involve her.
And like I said, she was not included in that poster because:
-she is not master but servant, those were all masters.
-she already got the biggest advertisement and focus by having the life size statue of herself in the very entrance of the stand.

I mean, others had to get some spotlight as well

Quote:
Yeah, it seems likely that they are intending to try to give everyone focus, what I'm not sure about is how.
Imagine DEEN anime, but with Nasu helping in writing the script.
And I ma now, after this, certain it will be like that.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 13:18   Link #351
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
...no comment.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 13:21   Link #352
Moeterum

Quote:
Yeah, common route is first 3 days, before the game itself break into 3 different routes.
Shame we don't have better quality images to see but I can already tell it will be the same animation they used for 'Fate/Zero', is it will be awesome ( I am glad that they will use Taiga scene, it was so hilarious when I first read it ).

And yeah I agree that the 1'st picture is to represent four main masters rather than main characters themselves.
In the end Saber got this:

So it is only fair for others to get little spotlight as well.
Not to mention this...

Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 13:40   Link #353
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
whoooaaaaaa
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 14:04   Link #354
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I have read the VN and the Shirou there isn’t much of an improvement but I was talking about the anime. But hey, maybe this one will be better. Not that I would hold my breath but if I am prove wrong it would be a nice surprise. After all people die when they are kill.
Old 2014-03-23, 14:19   Link #355
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
And like I said, she was not included in that poster because:
-she is not master but servant, those were all masters.
-she already got the biggest advertisement and focus by having the life size statue of herself in the very entrance of the stand.

I mean, others had to get some spotlight as well
Well, yes, my point is that they're not focussing everything on Saber, which means maybe they're not just going to make Fate again....

Quote:
Imagine DEEN anime, but with Nasu helping in writing the script.
The DEEN anime never gave Sakura or Rider any kind of "focus" whatsoever. Sakura got one shitty arc where she wasn't even herself and then got conveniently forgotten about to avoid changing the ending, and Rider just gets her usual Fate storyline with the addition of acknowledging her true master.

I would hope this version does a significantly better job of using them than that....

Quote:
And I ma now, after this, certain it will be like that.
I'm not sure why. I can't say for sure that it's going to follow HF, no, but certainly I wouldn't say "it's definitely going to be Fate-based". They seem to be going out of their way to give away as little information as possible.
Old 2014-03-23, 14:26   Link #356
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe they're only going to animate the common route and tell everyone to play the game for the rest of the story.
Old 2014-03-23, 20:23   Link #357
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
Not to mention this...

You mean like Rider and that thing on the sky?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 20:34   Link #358
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
Not to mention this...

That poster gives most credibility to being a HF anime because they have the greater holy grail in the background which can only be achieved in HF due to the progression of Sakura's story.

I want HF the most but doing all three routes back to back is the only way I see doing FSN true justice. You can't give a true conclusion to the story without doing HF since it wraps things up the most of the 3 routes. But you need Fate and UBW to understand a lot of it. HF though is highly incompatible with those routes so trying to mix it in with them will only create problems like the Deen anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Maybe they're only going to animate the common route and tell everyone to play the game for the rest of the story.
Hell no. I don't want another anime like Da Capo 3.
Old 2014-03-23, 20:36   Link #359
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The greatest troll of all. 12 episodes just for the first 3 days, animating EVERYTHING from the prologue to Saber's summoning (except the bit in the prologue where Saber confronts Rin). Prepare for Fate/Stay in the Kitchen.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 04:17   Link #360
Touko

They need to do Mind of Steel.

Shirou kidnaps Kuzuki and makes Caster commit suicide, snipes and blows off Ilya's head, kidnaps Sakura and kills Rin during blackmail, murders Sakura and kills Zouken's worm, aligns himself with Kotomine and betrays him at the last minute for GG.

That's how a Holy Grail War is meant to be fought.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable