AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-07, 18:37   Link #421
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Oh yeah, I heard about the Rider thing. Doesn't he reverse it on her or something?

Regardless, the real reasons I would prefer an anime-original are because we might get Illyas route, which has me insanely curious, Shirou might end up with Saber without having to go through all the shit in the Realta Nu ending, and because no one will no what will happen.
Nope.

How are they gonna sell them Seiba merc if they give Ilya too much screen time.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 21:40   Link #422
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
No, that's in HA. In HF she just rapes him.

I very much doubt it will be "Ilya's route", that would have too little focus on the other main characters. Ilya will probably play a role, but it won't be her "route".

Also, if it's an Ilya route then why would Shirou end up with Saber? In an Ilya route he'd end up with Ilya....

I'm not so sure that will be the case (it's harder to do an anime entirely from one character's POV than a VN), and even if it is I would expect them to involve Zouken anyway. Not covering him would be extremely unsatisfying for the story.
I also seriously doubt an Ilya route. My reason? they just gave her an ENTIRE anime to herself. Giving her an entire second one is too much.
Old 2014-04-07, 22:08   Link #423
GDB

Unless they've realized it's the time of the loli, and as such use her loliness to sell discs!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 23:52   Link #424
sezen_atacan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I also seriously doubt an Ilya route. My reason? they just gave her an ENTIRE anime to herself. Giving her an entire second one is too much.
Part of me worries that the anime might go down the UBW route and abruptly write off Illya because of that. And the producers making exactly that excuse.

Also along the lines of "well, we want more focus on Shirou and Archer playing a bigger role, provide some resolution for Zouken and put some focus on Sakura, we will have to cut corners and eliminate some characters"

One reason why I think there won't be enough time for Illya content is because I have an itchy feeling that the producers might decide to write a scenario where Saber becomes Alter-Saber but instead of being killed off, Shirou will somehow find a way to remove the curse and revert Alter-Saber back to Saber.

At best Illya might be a character that gets sidelined as a side character. As in the player that is outed in a football game and sits on the bench and watch the rest of the game unfold as a static character.

However I do think that if Ufotable made Einzbern Consultation Room special episodes, I do think we will get its sequel. Therefore there is a good chance that selected Taiga Dojo scenes and / or original Taiga Dojo scenes will be made along with the new FSN anime. Some Nasuverse info that can't be jammed into 24 episodes will be placed into Taiga Dojo episodes.

But then, who knows, since Illya's own anime managed to get popular enough to warrant a second season, this might send a message to Nasu and the Ufotable crew that adding more Illya is a profitable choice of action.
sezen_atacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 04:26   Link #425
Brother Coa
Banned

@Sezen
Do not worry about that, Ilya will have a LOT of screen time. And since they said that they will give nice conclusion to everyone I think they will do the same for Ilya - do a scene from Fate fight with Berserker and in the end leave Ilya living at Shirou's house.

And Einzbern Consultation Room was in fact prequel to Tiger Dojo, I am sure they will do it regardless if they cover everything or not in new anime.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 08:12   Link #426
Cherry_Lover

I would say that Ilya probably will survive to the end, and she will have a decent amount of screentime as Berserker's master, but I suspect she might well be treated like she is in Fate, where Berserker is defeated and then she is just basically another lodger in Shirou's house.
Old 2014-04-08, 14:36   Link #427
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I would say that Ilya probably will survive to the end, and she will have a decent amount of screentime as Berserker's master, but I suspect she might well be treated like she is in Fate, where Berserker is defeated and then she is just basically another lodger in Shirou's house.
Or maybe they may do something like Mozco's Chaos Theory fanfiction....

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 15:00   Link #428
Cherry_Lover

I doubt it, if they're going to go down a HF-like route I would expect them to basically just use HF (or, at least, make it a Sakura route). I think giving Shirou a relationship with Ilya that goes beyond brother/sister would cause them more problems than it's worth.
Old 2014-04-08, 15:23   Link #429
blitz1/2

Quote:
I doubt it, if they're going to go down a HF-like route I would expect them to basically just use HF (or, at least, make it a Sakura route). I think giving Shirou a relationship with Ilya that goes beyond brother/sister would cause them more problems than it's worth.
Which? The fact that Ilya will die in a year, the sibling taboo thing.

I am hoping for mostly a HF like route like Sakura and Ilya but unfortunately, Type moon has to fill up the Saber hunger.

Old 2014-04-08, 16:44   Link #430
Brother Coa
Banned

You guys do know that Ilya and Shirou are not related in any way?
This is not Oreimo or Yosuga or SAO - Shirou is adopted and just like Keita in KissxSis he can have legitimate relationship with Ilya, if he want that that is. And I doubt that would ever be on Shirou's mind as well as Ilya's. To him she will always be his little sister that he must protect and provide normal and joyful life.

But seeing how this is Fate, the main focus will probably be with Saber. Not only because she is most popular - but because her connection with Shirou is the strongest.
Old 2014-04-08, 17:00   Link #431
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
This is not Oreimo or Yosuga or SAO - Shirou is adopted and just like Keita in KissxSis he can have legitimate relationship with Ilya, if he want that that is. And I doubt that would ever be on Shirou's mind as well as Ilya's. To him she will always be his little sister that he must protect and provide normal and joyful life.

But seeing how this is Fate, the main focus will probably be with Saber. Not only because she is most popular - but because her connection with Shirou is the strongest.
I'm not yet convinced the focus will again be on Saber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposedly from Nasu's blog
―――さて。
あらゆる創作者にとって自作とは子供のようなものです。
叶うのならどこまでも健やかに育ってほしいと願い、Fateをここまで育ててきました。
月日が経つにつれ子供だった頃の面影は消え、違う一面を見せるようになるでしょう。

Well then.
Every creator’s work is like a child to them.
I wished for it to grow up to be healthy in every respect, and so Fate has grown this much.
As time passes, the child you knew will disappear, but it will surely show you a different side of itself.

「極端な話ですが、物語性においても映像面においてもzeroとは別のモノと考えてください。
stay nightが目指したものとZeroが目指したものは別のもの。
これを無遠慮に繋げてしまうと物語も空気感も破綻します。
stay nightもzeroも違う作家が書いた違う物語だからこそ、互いを尊重しあえるものなんです」

It’s an extreme story, but please think of it as something separate from Zero in terms of both story and animation.
What Stay Night aimed for was different from what Zero aimed for.
Presumptively trying to tie this together will destroy both the story and the atmosphere.
Stay Night and Zero can mutually respect each other because of the fact that they were different stories written by different authors.

暴論である事は覚悟の上での発言でした。
自分はzeroという大仕事を終えてくれたスタッフに「前の仕事の方法論は忘れてほしい」と言 ったのです。
そんな中、その場に集まったスタッフの皆さんははっきりと返してくれました。

「勿論わかっています。これはzeroの続編ではなく、stay nightという新作ですから」と。

I said that knowing very well that it was an irrational argument.
I told the staff who had kindly completed the major work that was Zero that I wanted them to forget the methodology of the previous work.
In that context, the staff there gave me this clear response:

"Of course, we understand that. This is not a continuation of Zero, but a new work called Stay Night after all."

―――この時点で、奈須きのこの“でも今になってFateってどうなの?”なんて迷いは消えまし た。
あれだけの成功の後に、こんな言葉を即答できるスタッフとものづくりができる事に感謝を。
今は『ufo版Fate/stay night』が10年の歳月に相応しいものに仕上がるよう、微力ながらお手伝いさせていただいております 。

At this point, Nasu Kinoko’s worries like “Really, at this point, is Fate alright?” vanished.
I am grateful to the staff who, even after such a great success, can give me that kind of immediate reply, and I am grateful that this craftsmanship is possible.
Although I’m unskilled, I am helping to create a Fate/Stay Night (Ufo Version) that will be suitable for the tenth anniversary.

Source: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=84
It seems like the Fate/Stay Night remake isn't going to be made with a heavy focus on making it feel connected to Fate/Zero.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-04-08 at 18:15.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 17:44   Link #432
Brother Coa
Banned

The main focus will be on Shirou, who is main protagonist of F/SN unlike Zero who had none.

And out of all people Shirou have the strongest bond with Saber, she is his Servant, they are pretty much alike personality-wise and he carry within him her Avalon. Because of this I am expecting that Saber will get more spotlight than other 2 heroins and Ilya.

That blog entry pretty much confirmed that new remake will not be the same as Zero or feel like Zero but it will feel like sequel because of grimdark feel. After all, F/SN deal with different things than Zero, so of course they will feel disconnected.
Old 2014-04-08, 17:45   Link #433
blitz1/2

Quote:

Of course, (praying for the sibling route because it's pseudo wincest).

But, Ilya is the best, why? Because it kicks in onee-chan and imouto feels at the same time.

Old 2014-04-09, 07:30   Link #434
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Which? The fact that Ilya will die in a year, the sibling taboo thing.
The "loli" thing, mostly, although also the incest. Her dying in a year is easy enough to bypass (Nasu even hints at the possibility in the Hot Springs episode you get for completing FSN), but I think having him in a relationship with a loli that isn't in the original story will not go down too well.

Quote:
I am hoping for mostly a HF like route like Sakura and Ilya but unfortunately, Type moon has to fill up the Saber hunger.
Yeah, most likely.

Quote:
In what way is her connection stronger?

Quote:
The main focus will be on Shirou, who is main protagonist of F/SN unlike Zero who had none.

And out of all people Shirou have the strongest bond with Saber, she is his Servant, they are pretty much alike personality-wise and he carry within him her Avalon. Because of this I am expecting that Saber will get more spotlight than other 2 heroins and Ilya.
No, Shirou does not have the strongest bond with Saber. He's only just met her, Sakura has been coming over his house practically every day for over a year.

Quote:
That blog entry pretty much confirmed that new remake will not be the same as Zero or feel like Zero but it will feel like sequel because of grimdark feel. After all, F/SN deal with different things than Zero, so of course they will feel disconnected.
I don't see any reason why the FSN anime would be grimdark. And, whilst it's not going to be a continuation of Zero, I would still expect them not to ignore plot points that Zero raised, particularly since those plot points are resolved in the original FSN VN.
Old 2014-04-09, 08:57   Link #435
cyberdemon

Quote:
Saber is the mascot for Fate Stay Night. She has an important role in every route and her connection with Shiro is always the same. That doesn't mean that she will be the main focus or even that this will be the fate route.
Old 2014-04-10, 13:47   Link #436
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Saber is the mascot for Fate Stay Night. She has an important role in every route and her connection with Shiro is always the same. That doesn't mean that she will be the main focus or even that this will be the fate route.
Not really, she was shafted pretty bad in Heaven's feel (Spark liner ending FTW!) and was a secondary character or at least felt like one imo in UBW route.

Old 2014-04-16, 10:25   Link #437
Miraluka
Banned

Character designs and old info:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-23263.html
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 12:42   Link #438
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Same as always it seems.

I need to work on my disliking of Shirou, really gets the best out of me at times. Maybe I could if we didn’t have two around. There is just so much “Emiya” I can take and Kiritsugu is not even here. Just mention it because I saw the image with Shirou over there, like a dark cloud in a sunny day. Nah just joking, I don’t really care.

Still nothing on what the series will be about?
Old 2014-04-16, 13:22   Link #439
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Still nothing on what the series will be about?
Regarding the route - nothing, we can only speculate but the final verdict will be to the stuff themselves.
In short - nothing is known until they air the show. This is again to rise interest sky-high because it will be at it's peak as long as fans don't know the route it will take

The only thing we know is that Shirou role will be much better compared to VN and previous anime and they will probably give comforting end for everyone ( at least everyone who don't die until the end or to the ones who fulfill the most important roles aka Saber, Sakura, Rin, Ilya etc... ).

But honestly, we won't know anything until we see the episodes ourselves.
Old 2014-04-16, 14:13   Link #440
XFire
150% done

Realistically, what routes are left open at this point? There's HF, anime-original, or a complete redo of one of the other routes, which I can't see as being popular.

I'm really hoping its anime original, and it includes both Shirou getting UBW and Dark Saber because how awesome would that fight be.

And this time maybe we can actually let him save her.

While we're at it, Shirou saves Sakura, Rin (if she needed it), Illya, and Rider(which is inherent in saving Sakura) and then they live happily ever after because I hate sadness.

Sorry, fanfic instincts got carried away there.

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable