Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-23, 20:00   Link #2021
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Just wondering,
If Aniplex subtitled the Fate/Zero CMs,
would they subtitle the Fate/Stay Night CMs as well?
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 20:06   Link #2022
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Seeing the new F/SN series finally in action, I should really get to watch Fate/Zero.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 20:15   Link #2023
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

inb4 people start preaching how non-VN readers should only watch Fate/Zero after F/sn (2014), as well as after the upcoming HF movie(s), i.e. asking people to postpone F/0 for 1-2 years.

Well, in MAL it would definitly happen in less than 5 minutes.
Old 2014-08-23, 23:25   Link #2024
G147

Since the TV series is adapted from UBW, i wonder if we'll see Waver in F/SN.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 01:31   Link #2025
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Hallo Hallo First time on a forum

I just want to clarify that there are TWO Gae Bolgs.
First is the Anti-Personal one where "it hits the heart as soon as it is THRUST"
Second is the Anti-Army one where it is the "Strongest PROJECTILE"

Shiro at the beginning was just nearly killed by a normal stab and Rin healed it with the jewel she got from her father.
Saber dodged the First due to either LUCK (which is used as a counter against it) or her INSTINCT (Rank A).
Archer blocked the Second with Rho Aias. Almost a paradox since the "Strongest Projectile" against "Shield that blocks all projectiles" happened. But since "Strongest Projectile" nearly broke the "Shield that blocks all projectiles", it is the Strongest while the "Shield" blocked the "Projectile" even if it nearly broke so it still "blocks all projectiles"
First of all, what mirakura said, there aren't two Gae Bolgs.

Second,

Quote:
"Ah… Guh?"
…That's weird.
I can't breathe.
A sharp horn is growing out of my chest.
The horn looks like the head of a spear.
…That's strange.
How can a spear be growing out of my chest

[...]

"Don't worry. I didn't hit his heart. But the curse is still there.
Even you should know the curse of this lance. This is the 'lance of cause and effect', that reverses the cause and the effect. The one cursed by this thing cannot change their fate unless they have great luck."
You'll get cursed with a wound that is unhealable either way if you are stabbed by Gae Bolg. "Putting it in gaming terms, it's an outrageous Noble Phantasm that scales its damage based on the enemy's hit points." Rin circumvented the problematic removal of the curse.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 02:37   Link #2026
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Since the TV series is adapted from UBW, i wonder if we'll see Waver in F/SN.
I would be thrilled if he makes a cameo in the final episode.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 02:45   Link #2027
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
And Avalon removes the curse.
Old 2014-08-24, 03:14   Link #2028
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Stuff like Gae Bolg is why this franchise, or rather the Nasuverse in general, always makes me feel like is mocking me. They tell you something that you have to take at face value as a strong as iron fact, only to find a loophole on it down the line. No matter how you like to explain it, I take an issue when they told the spear that always delivers a fatal blow to the heart miss by the amazing power of random luck. I admit, the tittle “Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death” sounds way better than “Barbed Spear that Almost always pierces with Death” but I rather take the one that is telling me the truth.
Old 2014-08-24, 03:43   Link #2029
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Nasuverse explains itself down the line but to each of their own opinion. Battles in Nasuverse are based on the situation and match ups. There are no "certain" things in the Nasuverse.

Yes, it is named "Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death". Since it operates on forcing a change on destiny aka "reversal of cause and effect", no physical ability can help but the fate of the target also known as Luck. The Divinity of the target is taken to account as well since it participates on the stats which include Luck.

But even with Luck, the lance is guaranteed to hit the target so even then, it would be a "fatal wound" which happened with Saber. Since it would be a fatal wound, it is technically a "Spear that Pierced with Death" all the while adding the curse of really slow healing so chances are that the target will die from it.

Heck, the part about "piercing the heart" is changeable to Lancer since it is up to him where he wants to hit. It's just that he considers the heart a good target and makes that his continuous target.
Old 2014-08-24, 03:46   Link #2030
Lorhand

I can kinda understand that, Sansker. Nasu introduces rules only to subvert them one minute later. Yeah, there are loopholes and the unique situation makes it possible, but c'mon.

"Projection is blablabla." - But Shirou's projection is different.
"You can't change your origin." - But Shirou's an exception.
"You can't copy divine structures." - Except that is exactly what Shirou does with Avalon in Fate.
"There are seven Servant classes." - We learn there are eight (with Apocrypha there are nine).
"The summoned Servants are only chosen from the "good" Heroic Spirits." - I think Rider and Caster don't count as that.
"Assassin will always be Hassan." - Then Caster summons someone else.
"You can't remove Gae Bolg's curse, unless Lancer dies or Gae Bolg is destroyed." - Tell Avalon that.
"Servants are only copies of Heroic Spirits, so if you summon a spirit from the last war, they can't remember." - With Artoria being the exception.
"Enkidu is unbreakable to those with high divinity." (CM3) - But Heracles is the exception (okay, considering his legend it makes sense).

etc.
Old 2014-08-24, 03:56   Link #2031
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Avalon stayed 10 years inside Shirou, of course he can copy it. If he did copy Excalibur though, he'd die. I doubt Archer can make Avalon.

Avalon can even repel the All Evils of the World Mud, what makes you think it won't work on Gae Bolg?
Old 2014-08-24, 03:59   Link #2032
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
I can kinda understand that, Sansker. Nasu introduces rules only to subvert them one minute later. Yeah, there are loopholes and the unique situation makes it possible, but c'mon.

"You can't copy divine structures." - Except that is exactly what Shirou does with Avalon in Fate.
"There are seven Servant classes." - We learn there are eight (with Apocrypha there are nine).
"The summoned Servants are only chosen from the "good" Heroic Spirits." - I think Rider and Caster don't count as that.
"You can't remove Gae Bolg's curse, unless Lancer dies or Gae Bolg is destroyed." - Tell Avalon that.
"Servants are only copies of Heroic Spirits, so if you summon a spirit from the last war, they can't remember." - With Artoria being the exception.
"Enkidu is unbreakable to those with high divinity." (CM3) - But Heracles is the exception (okay, considering his legend it makes sense).

etc.
I don't think he copied it... It was inside him, so it was more like taking it out of him for a few second. Something like Avalon can't be copied - there's no point any way cos only one person can use it.
Old 2014-08-24, 03:59   Link #2033
kenshinstyle

That's how it is with nasuverse, nothing is absolute. Rules are made but will also be broken. If you can't stand that then the nasuverse is not for you.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 04:04   Link #2034
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
I don't think he copied it... It was inside him, so it was more like taking it out of him for a few second. Something like Avalon can't be copied - there's no point any way cos only one person can use it.
He just perfectly replicated Avalon that was stored in him for 10 years considering that he gave Saber Avalon.

That's why we have two Rule Breakers.
One is a Noble Phantasm.
One is a guy who breaks the rules.
Caster: There can't be this many Noble Phantas-
Gilgamesh: SCREW THE RULES, I'M GILGAMESH.
Old 2014-08-24, 04:06   Link #2035
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

etc.
Yeah, I think I’ve also complained about that aspect of Nasuverse some time ago somewhere in a thread which title I can’t remember anymore. Thus I also pretty much share Sansker’s sentiment. The contrast between Nasu-rules and what actually happens is almost as bad as many shounen manga tbh. Heck, even some shounen mangas still stick very closely to its established rules without losing the element of surprise and thrills (eg. Hunter x Hunter). Of course, one big difference being the Nasu-rules & the exceptions are more well-thought out, which kinda saves itself from being labeled as asspull (though some might consider only barely).
Old 2014-08-24, 04:08   Link #2036
Lorhand

Like I said, loopholes and situational. That includes perfectly projecting Avalon.
Old 2014-08-24, 04:11   Link #2037
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
That's because he had Avalon locked up in him for so long, it changed his Origin.

Quote:
Shirou had Avalon locked in his body. The reason he normally can't copy divine structures is because Shirou cannot relate to it since it is something created "not of this world" and thus not know how it works or how it is made. But Avalon was in him for so long, he understands it and thus knows all about it, blue prints and all the like.

Quote:
In the 4th HGW, it was said only to be seven because the Einzberns kept Avenger underwraps. It was meant to replace the Berserker class back in the 3rd HGW but failed and end of 4th HGW and HF happens.
Apocrypha is an alternate universe and the "seven Servant classes" are placed mostly in the main story, aka Stay Night and Zero.

Quote:
Like I said Avenger happened and so AntiHeroes can be summoned because of complications created by Avenger back in the 3rd HGW. And since it was kept underwraps, no one else knows other than the Einzberns.

Quote:
Spoiler for This really needs to be moved to a game thread or something:

Quote:
Umm it did heal?

Quote:
That's because the explanation isn't complete. Servants are only copies of Heroic Spirits "that are found in the Throne of Heroes." (The Throne of Heroes is where all Heroic Spirits go to be kept from being changed or edited from the state that they are in.)
But for Heroes to turn into Heroic Spirits and go to the TOH, they have to DIE first.
Artoria never died so whenever she is summoned, the actual Artoria is pulled from Avalon (the island) and so what ever she experiences in the HGWs, it would be the memories of the actual Artoria.

everything is explained either by explanation, exposition, filling in the blanks or following logic based on what is shown in the narrative (though 1st person narrative falls into Unreliable Narrator trope at times)
Old 2014-08-24, 04:17   Link #2038
Lorhand

Dude, I don't need any explanation whatsoever, you just wasted a lot of your time. I've played the VN and I read the material books, I know why this and that rule was subverted. It seems everyone ignored the "there are loopholes and unique situations" part I wrote. It's still lame to introduce a rule and then say "Hey, but this is super awesome, because this is the exception!"

And regarding Gae Bolg's curse: No, for the xth time, the curse is supposed to make the wounds unhealable. Saber's wound was only completely healed after Lancer died in Fate. Rin didn't "heal" Shirou the first time and Avalon healed him the other time.
Old 2014-08-24, 04:20   Link #2039
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Eh Sorry about that.

Then back to what I said,
Each to their own opinion.

Have your fun in the Nasuverse.
Old 2014-08-24, 04:25   Link #2040
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Dude, I don't need any explanation whatsoever, you just wasted a lot of your time. I've played the VN and I read the material books, I know why this and that rule was subverted. It seems everyone ignored the "there are loopholes and unique situations" part I wrote. It's still lame to introduce a rule and then say "Hey, but this is super awesome, because this is the exception!"
Ehh, since when did Nasu go with "Hey, but this is super awesome, because this is the exception!"? The fact that they actually provide a reason for that go against that rule I think.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable