AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 10.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 10.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-22, 03:01   Link #81
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Difference between the two is:
Ones death was clearly observed, while the others was a flashback that didn't even make sense (Already brainwashed, + chair not high enough to reach chandelier, still not sure if this is intentional or just an animation screwup).

TBh even Munataka having a MPD would be more satisfying then 'Tengan did it and survived being impaled over the course of 2 sleep times'
Nah, man. Tengan probably used Cure W to stay alive from that. Then unskewered himself and placed a fake corpse there made by the ultimate make-up artist.
Old 2016-09-22, 03:57   Link #82
tuckersister

Izuru will hopefully show up in the last episode. I'm glad Juzo didn't die a bastard.
Old 2016-09-22, 06:29   Link #83
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
by the way guys, an epilogue has just been made official. Is titled Side: Hope.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tsurara_s...64474593325056
Looks like it will air in despair arc's timeslot, but should this be part of despair arc or it's a stand alone episode that's neither part of future or despair arc?
Old 2016-09-22, 06:53   Link #84
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Looks like it will air in despair arc's timeslot, but should this be part of despair arc or it's a stand alone episode that's neither part of future or despair arc?
According to the sources it's an epilogue that wraps up Future and Despair. And with a title like that we can pretty much say this story is going to have an ending leaning more to the happy than to the bittersweet.

It's funny, because it turns out Nagito was right all along with his 'stepping stones' line.
Old 2016-09-22, 09:17   Link #85
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

....Of course Nagito was right. That's how things actually work in the real world as well, except not as anime-ified. Things tend to not get better unless they get worse first, and bad times often cause people to work hard to make things better.

It's funny how this story works with hope and despair. In greek myth, hope was locked in a box that held all the evils of the world.
Old 2016-09-22, 10:17   Link #86
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Nah, man. Tengan probably used Cure W to stay alive from that. Then unskewered himself and placed a fake corpse there made by the ultimate make-up artist.
I loled at the jab, although it is pretty inefficient, because Tengan's death was actually observed while Chisa's hasn't been. - Moreover the place he was found at wasn't unreachable. We also have yet to see a case of cure W actually working on someone who died. In fact we were even shown it doesn't when Seiko tried to save the farmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I mean... you can't really be like "lets wait another 5 minutes" when you're already standing on the conference table.

I used the present tense on purpose; if he has a reputation of being a shut in in the present (which BTW seems like it would be pretty consistent with his character) I'm pretty sure a fellow branch head would know.

In universe Despair was years ago, not days. We don't really know if he's doing anime or not right now, but like I already said 10th branch mission has something to do with restoration of culture so its possible he is. Or maybe he's turned into Hayao Miyazaki or Hideaki Anno who despises anime yet still makes it for some reason.

And then there's the possibility Monokuma's Gloomy Sunday is his work... but that's probably better left for a separate post.
- He was a shut- in so he could make his anime back then, not because he wanted to hide from his mean classmates or other things. And even if he turned into an Anno I doubt he would still do it with the same passion he used to have when he actually liked it.

- You don't need to wait for someone you werent expecting at all. If you invite someone you consider the chance that they will come despite it being a habit of them not to do so, yet Tengan was utterly surprised (or pretended to) when he was in the door - and so was the rest of the cast.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-22, 10:48   Link #87
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
- He was a shut- in so he could make his anime back then, not because he wanted to hide from his mean classmates or other things. And even if he turned into an Anno I doubt he would still do it with the same passion he used to have when he actually liked it.

- You don't need to wait for someone you werent expecting at all. If you invite someone you consider the chance that they will come despite it being a habit of them not to do so, yet Tengan was utterly surprised (or pretended to) when he was in the door - and so was the rest of the cast.
Look I asked for some reason why Mitarai (a branch head) would be excluded from a meeting of branch heads and all you're giving me is sort of flimsy circumstantial evidence and conjecture.

Why was he excluded? Its a pretty simple question. Or since you're hung up on the detective angle what is the "motive" for excluding Mitarai?
Old 2016-09-22, 15:15   Link #88
Homura7

Well, you just got your answer on who did the Monokuma Gloomy Sunday in the last episode of the Despair arc.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2016-09-22, 16:33   Link #89
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Ok so as masterminds go Mitarai is seriously phoning it in. Killer Killer would give him like 15 points at best. This mutual killing game may be effective but it does lack passion.

Still waiting for an answer to my other question regarding Mitarai...
Old 2016-09-22, 16:59   Link #90
Homura7

Holy shit. The ending just can't make it more clear.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Munakata is in for a huge surprise.
Old 2016-09-22, 18:18   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Still no proof of her actually being alive though. By this point in DR1, we had a corpse that died the same way "Enoshima" did. No such evidence has surfaced.

I would also point out that the game is centered around Naegi, yet Yukizome has no reason to begrudge him.
Old 2016-09-22, 19:41   Link #92
DMurphy

Here's an idea -- because Dengar's right, the game does seem oddly focused on Makoto: Chisa set up the game, and fully intended to be the attacker. She had zero intention of dying, but rather planned on letting Munakata and Juzo protect her.

But her game was hijacked. Not by Junko, or Tengan, or Mitarai, but by Monokuma himself. Consider: We know that Monokuma's basic framework was made by Chihiro, that's canon, and Chihiro's speciality was AIs which learn and evolve based on the information they're exposed to. The Monokuma units have been exposed to a lot of different stimuli by now, and we know that Monokuma will be showing up again in V3.

So, is it not entirely possible that Monokuma is now genuinely autonomous? From a writing perspective, he's always treated as a separate character to Junko, even when he decidedly isn't, so it'd be a tonally consistent place for the writing to go.

Please note, I do realise this is a pretty far-out theory, and I'm positing it as just a possibility. I shouldn't have to clarify that, but this thread has been full of people dramatically going "Zvarri! The truth has been revealed to me!" and putting forward their theories as cold, hard fact, so here we are.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2016-09-22, 20:33   Link #93
Homura7

Quote:
Still no proof of her actually being alive though. By this point in DR1, we had a corpse that died the same way "Enoshima" did. No such evidence has surfaced.

I would also point out that the game is centered around Naegi, yet Yukizome has no reason to begrudge him.
When you are dealing with a Despair is difficult to tell what they are thinking.

With that said, the game might not be headed that way. I remember a certain line of dialogue from the first episode that I consider it to be quite important IMO.

Quote:
'If two hopes could understand each other and work together, wouldn't that make a greater hope?'
Sounds familiar, right? Of course this coming from a Remnant of Despair may be worded with a double meaning.

But fact remains, this is exactly what happened through the course of this game: Naegi and Munakata, the two Hopes, had been at odds with each other and with one wanting the other dead for the most part, but now this is in the past and they have come to the point of mutual understanding.

And this is what I think is the true original purpose of this Final Killing Game. A sort of experiment you may call that.
Old 2016-09-22, 21:16   Link #94
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
But her game was hijacked. Not by Junko, or Tengan, or Mitarai, but by Monokuma himself. Consider: We know that Monokuma's basic framework was made by Chihiro, that's canon, and Chihiro's speciality was AIs which learn and evolve based on the information they're exposed to. The Monokuma units have been exposed to a lot of different stimuli by now, and we know that Monokuma will be showing up again in V3.
Considering the generic prerecorded suicide video I'm surprised you would bring up an AE. But only Shirokuma and Kurokuma had anything more than a basic AI, and I'm pretty sure Monaca superseded Chihiro in terms of contribution (also wasn't Chihiro's involvement mostly from IF?) being Towa Group robotics chief and all.

Speaking of generic videos I double checked something and literally the only person Monokuma "interacted" with during his introduction was Monaca (Gekkogahara) so its entirely possible that was scripted and prerecorded too. Maybe Monaca was even Chisa's 'second hope'... she learned from the best... and he made her an adult too...
Old 2016-09-23, 01:54   Link #95
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I mean... you can't really be like "lets wait another 5 minutes" when you're already standing on the conference table.

I used the present tense on purpose; if he has a reputation of being a shut in in the present (which BTW seems like it would be pretty consistent with his character) I'm pretty sure a fellow branch head would know.

In universe Despair was years ago, not days. We don't really know if he's doing anime or not right now, but like I already said 10th branch mission has something to do with restoration of culture so its possible he is. Or maybe he's turned into Hayao Miyazaki or Hideaki Anno who despises anime yet still makes it for some reason.

And then there's the possibility Monokuma's Gloomy Sunday is his work... but that's probably better left for a separate post.
Quote:
Look I asked for some reason why Mitarai (a branch head) would be excluded from a meeting of branch heads and all you're giving me is sort of flimsy circumstantial evidence and conjecture.

Why was he excluded? Its a pretty simple question. Or since you're hung up on the detective angle what is the "motive" for excluding Mitarai?
The most obvious variant would be 'Because its dumb to have all the directors at the same spot at the same time' - As one of the characters already noted if they were to be attacked the entire FF's greatest minds could get wiped out in one go.

It just creates far less chaos if an acting director dies then when an actual director dies.
Thus if you have at least one survivor you have someone who can take over the lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Here's an idea -- because Dengar's right, the game does seem oddly focused on Makoto: Chisa set up the game, and fully intended to be the attacker. She had zero intention of dying, but rather planned on letting Munakata and Juzo protect her.

So, is it not entirely possible that Monokuma is now genuinely autonomous? From a writing perspective, he's always treated as a separate character to Junko, even when he decidedly isn't, so it'd be a tonally consistent place for the writing to go.

Please note, I do realise this is a pretty far-out theory, and I'm positing it as just a possibility. I shouldn't have to clarify that, but this thread has been full of people dramatically going "Zvarri! The truth has been revealed to me!" and putting forward their theories as cold, hard fact, so here we are.
Everything is a possibility - I for one am still considering the possibility of Junko still being alive. - You never saw an actual corpse and we all know that there was a way out of the last punishment. Moreover there shouldn't have been a Junko-hand Nagito could have transplanted to himself.
Oh wait we did see a corpse but surprise - we only saw the hand (which isn't possible) but not the actual face.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-23, 03:25   Link #96
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

We also know other parts of her body have been harvested.
Old 2016-09-23, 04:46   Link #97
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
We also know other parts of her body have been harvested.
I know we've been told that. But then again was it really Junko's corpse or Mukuros?
Would be hard to tell the difference between them after being mashed up by an industrial smasher; Burned face or not.

The point is the sheer existance of said hand is a contradiction to the method ofher death. Being supposed to be a 'hax' character aside, even the strongest characters in the DR universe have died far more easily than her

And while I still think its Chisa - Junko being alive would be a far more satisfying end as her death was rather anticlimatic and full of holes (or better said hands )

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-23 at 04:56.
Old 2016-09-23, 10:02   Link #98
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
The most obvious variant would be 'Because its dumb to have all the directors at the same spot at the same time' - As one of the characters already noted if they were to be attacked the entire FF's greatest minds could get wiped out in one go.

It just creates far less chaos if an acting director dies then when an actual director dies.
Thus if you have at least one survivor you have someone who can take over the lead.
It was Ruruka who brought it up and Munakata squashed it saying the island wasn't on any maps. What you're saying seems reasonable, I just don't see where its supported by the story.

I know your thing is "the detective", for me if there's no real story backing it comes off as an asspull, and I really don't get why so many people seem to want Future to end on an asspull.

Anyway while I really want to see Junko alive and in the flesh, unless she's lazier than Monaca these days I find it doubtful this is her game. Prerecorded Monokuma is just not her style.
Old 2016-09-23, 10:08   Link #99
Marina2

We still don't know what is the deal with that ship. Does "the spy" that togami sent on that ship?
Old 2016-09-23, 10:16   Link #100
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
It was Ruruka who brought it up and Munakata squashed it saying the island wasn't on any maps. What you're saying seems reasonable, I just don't see where its supported by the story.

I know your thing is "the detective", for me if there's no real story backing it comes off as an asspull, and I really don't get why so many people seem to want Future to end on an asspull.

Anyway while I really want to see Junko alive and in the flesh, unless she's lazier than Monaca these days I find it doubtful this is her game. Prerecorded Monokuma is just not her style.
Fun enough it may take loads of time until we know wether Junko is actually dead - With V3 coming up the story doesn't end with DR3 as we previously thought (except V3 is set in between DR1 and DR 2)

Closed Thread