AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 43 14.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 4.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 8.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 14.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 26 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 4.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 19 6.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 16 5.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 2.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 85 29.41%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-06, 09:16   Link #461
OkamiNoKaze

Woah, I just did the figures, at 800 yen a pop Yuki has spent over 12,000,000 yen on those masks. I don't know where yuki gets her money from, probably just makes it out of data, but geez
Old 2009-07-06, 09:23   Link #462
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Woah, I just did the figures, at 800 yen a pop Yuki has spent over 12,000,000 yen on those masks. I don't know where yuki gets her money from, probably just makes it out of data, but geez
The money resets every 2 weeks.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-07-06, 09:27   Link #463
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The money resets every 2 weeks.
Something Kyon can only dream of.
Old 2009-07-06, 09:37   Link #464
OkamiNoKaze

Well I guess technically in this story it does
Old 2009-07-06, 10:48   Link #465
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I think he meant the money reset every 2 weeks, even not in Endless 8.

Based on the 1st bill, Kyon have to pay at least (the image kind of blur, but it looks like...) 2900 Yen for every loop. Without any reset, Kyon brobably have to sell his house, one of his kidney and Imouto-chan to Haruhi (to be her minion) to get approximate 45 millions yen for his penalty bills....

Edit: Btw, 800 Yen for a mask? The real festival is not as fun as in anime or manga, i guess...
Old 2009-07-06, 10:58   Link #466
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Those aliens are swimming in data money. Remember that Asakura-chan paid cash up front for her swanky apartment. I assume Yuki did too.

Kyon must have a pretty hefty allowance to finance all of these SOS Brigade activities though.
Old 2009-07-06, 11:23   Link #467
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Is it just me, or does Kyon seem like an orphan? There's no mention of his parents anywhere.

Btw, thanks to whoever recommended that episode of Star Trek called "Cause and Effect". I have never watched an episode of Star Trek before in my life, and it was awesome.
Old 2009-07-06, 11:26   Link #468
typhonsentra

His mom gets mentioned in this story I think. She's also mentioned in the opening monologue in the first episode (Melancholy 1, not the film) and once in volume 9 too, maybe more that I'm not remembering. I think his dad is mentioned at some point but it might be that he doesn't live with them due to work... or something. It's kinda like Muppet babies, even with teachers. They're just kinda there.
Old 2009-07-06, 11:30   Link #469
OkamiNoKaze

Like I said, I think the data entities can just make money reset or not.
Old 2009-07-06, 12:00   Link #470
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I laughed at some of the 'dramatic angles', that would have worked had we not seen it already.

I agree that this would have been better if they actually had an advancement in plot. We'd get the feeling that things were repeating anyway.

I'm rating it a 5. It wasn't horrible, and standalone it wouldn't have been bad, but it seemed pointless and some of the animation choices weren't that good.
Old 2009-07-06, 13:01   Link #471
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm torn between whether this is starting to get painful or if it's really quite a creative way of handling this particular story arc. Probably a little bit of both. Here's to hoping third time's a charm. Or rather, 15,500th time. 9/10 episode for me.
Old 2009-07-06, 13:07   Link #472
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Everyone go to Haruhi.tv!
The website changed!
Old 2009-07-06, 13:10   Link #473
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealkidHaruhiism View Post
Everyone go to Haruhi.tv!
The website changed!
Look's like it's for Tanabata.

Speaking of Tanabata, I've got to go vandalize the blacktop of my middle school...but this probably isn't the right place to discuss that.
Old 2009-07-06, 13:21   Link #474
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
ok well the relooping thing is getting annoying and Kyon still cant figure it out but i must say im still having fun maybe it the torture of Yuki. Oh well all that needs to be said has been said. I think it fairly obvious by now what needs to happen and what Haruhi is waiting for. In my opinion the only one who spoke up and said she wanted to do something Asahina. No one else has added anything Haruhi came up with everything and just dragged everyone along. At the end where Haruhi says does anyone want to do anything else i feel the question is directed more and Kyon than anyone else and he never answers and she leaves afterwards.

But other than Yuki's mask being different and the price being different what changes were there this time around?
Old 2009-07-06, 13:47   Link #475
othera

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
But he has only experienced it once, so it's like "meh, who care. It was pretty fun. It's too much bother for me to break it now, let's do this loop one more time"
Yeah, At the end of the episodes he is like "I'll just leave it up to the "me' then to do it" <-- Then the "him" then sais the same thing and... Never ganna get broken like that :/
Atleast thats what I think he said
Old 2009-07-06, 16:26   Link #476
thirdlc

It seems people don't like this episode. It can't be helped when we should compare this ep with the previous ep with its sort of foul of direction. I found this boring too, but if their orders had been switched, from perspectives of art and direction, I think KyoAni would not have been picked up this much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm very familiar with the in-house staff shuffling that goes on in a series, though I personally was interested in who handled the art direction this time. As I mentioned, the lack of bloom and flare effects was noticeable.
In that case, you are interested in the episode director. I think you've already watched the a.f.k sub and known of who he is, it's Miyoshi, one of Kigami's aliases, the Munto Director. Oh, stop saying "thay's why..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Afaik Kyoni has never experimented with styles during a season. So this inconsistency makes no sense to me at all.
As I remember, Horiguchi was trying out a few of styles during Clannad AS. Which made me laugh. It may not be obvious with her own specific art style.
Old 2009-07-06, 18:10   Link #477
Traece
:cool:

I have to admit, even though these last three episodes have been repeats themselves, they did a fantastic job of keeping you interested hoping that there would be an end in sight.

The entire episode gets a 10/10 just because Koizumi repeated the same sentence over and over again. xD
Old 2009-07-06, 20:46   Link #478
sayde

I aplogize in advance for restating what has most likely already been stated somewhere within the last 400+ posts.

This is the very first time I've given an episode a 1/10 on these boards because the shear amount of frustration I'm feeling has made this episode literally painful just to think about. I'm very surprised to see Kyoani can get away with a stunt like this. Hell, it's not even April. We wait how many years for new Haruhi eps and they crap away 2 of them with this!? (And I'm sorry, but I just don't consider the subtle changes made between each episode to have made it worth the watch each time.)

Geez. If Kyoani's only purpose was to troll us, they certainly got me big time. I guess I'll be waiting on episode summaries of the next episode before I bother watching it. I'm rather envious towards those of you who seem to be taking this in stride; to those of you who can find at least one thing per loop that made it worth the watch; and to those of you who've been able to enjoy endless 8 for what it is regardless. I really am.
Old 2009-07-06, 21:45   Link #479
Jintor

I figure I rewatch most episodes at least 3 times regardless, this is just saving me the hassle.
Old 2009-07-06, 22:06   Link #480
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
its annoying a bit to have three episodes of the new season be the same exact plot but its even more annoying to me since i read the light novels and i know what needs to be done...uguu~ hurry and move on kyoani, i want more new haruhi!!!

EDIT: it seems the next ep might be the end to the endless eight. source: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=6367
Closed Thread