AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 09:13   Link #1301
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...also, if it's okay with you, I have a sudden desire to start editing the TSFiA pages for grammar and punctuation and the like. <_<

sure man, its on the wiki. knock yourself out.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 10:44   Link #1302
John117xCortana

Things do come full circle. Although I think the American pilot would have preferred that those kids he saved continued playing with toys instead of the real thing.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 18:37   Link #1303
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Our government may be stupid,but even stupid people will know where to throw money when they about to get fucked by alien.
- I would beg to differ. Some governments are stupider than others.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 19:50   Link #1304
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Alt. Malaysia? Apparently the BETAs aren't here yet, so I guess we got lucky.

About the Mig's, I sure hope it's Lastochka's. Lest be be stuck with vanilla Hornets and some random jets.
My Alternative fanfic follows the trials of No.18 Skuadron RMAF, callsign Lipan, who must deal with fighting BETA, while struggling to find spare parts, given that they're the only COSEAN operators of the Hornet.

Cue nighttime raids of ANZAC forces to "borrow" spare parts.

But yeah, Malaysia is lol, as RMAF has MiG-29s, Hornets, Tiger IIs... Our logistics is all sorts of fucked up.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 20:22   Link #1305
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
But yeah, Malaysia is lol, as RMAF has MiG-29s, Hornets, Tiger IIs... Our logistics is all sorts of fucked up.
- No, it sounds more like Malaysia is the real-life equivalent of an Ace Combat squadron... ^_^

Speaking of TSFs that should be featured: Super Hornets. Any fics in the Oceania/Southeast-Asia region should at least have Super Hornets in it, please. And all the crazy stuff that Aussie pilots would be (reputedly) known for.

On another tack:
Quote:
Any mention of Filipino TSF forces will probably involve 1/2 of a somewhat-working F-5, two barely function F-4s with missing armor parts and guns that tend to jam, and half a squad of Hardymen designed for counterinsurgency operations against the CPP-NPA or MILF.

Anti-BETA operations involve lots of praying at Quiapo Church and a misguided belief that the USA will send their entire Carrier strike force to save the Philippines should the BETA decide to attack. In the meantime, Roddy Macapayag the IV hopes his new Action-Drama Movie "Kalabasa ng Pangit na Negra:God help us Part 3!" will be his ticket to be elected President of the Philippines for the 2nd time and hopefully not get himself impeached before then.
....see, this is why I migrated to Australia in the first place. We're not only capable of defending ourselves on our own, politicians here -USUALLY- don't do things that would cause the country to self-destruct.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-01-09 at 20:33.
Old 2013-01-09, 20:39   Link #1306
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

That's sorta one of the things I'm doing; I assume that given how critical the Thai front is, and with most of Thailand NOMNOM, it's the Malaysians and Singaporeans who're doing the brunt of the fighting.

And to be fair, this is the early to mid nineties, so Mahatir would be in charge, and if he really wants a strong army, he's going to get one. So no Twin Towers, KLIA never gets built (but the North-South Highway is, for better logistics transport) and the trains are overhauled, etc.

And the Australia-New Zealand Army Corps goes on expedition again, setting up base at Butterworth, that old stomping grounds of crazyass RAAF pilots (RAAF has a small stockpile of nukes and S-11s to be used when the BETA invade, with the idea being that the BETA will invade the west coast, which will be evacuated and sacrificed to defend Sydney and Melbourne. Such defending will take place of volunteers carrying nukes in F-4s, flying 20 feet above the outback desert, and tossing nukes at BETA. I should note that this is my fanfic speculation only).

IIRC by 2001 COSEAN is following Australia and adopting the Super Hornet; I recall reading that Australia and COSEAN have test flights at Yukon that are presumably doing OPEVAL on the Super Hornet.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-01-13 at 10:45.
Old 2013-01-09, 21:59   Link #1307
Darthtabby

Quote:
My Alternative fanfic follows the trials of No.18 Skuadron RMAF, callsign Lipan, who must deal with fighting BETA, while struggling to find spare parts, given that they're the only COSEAN operators of the Hornet.

Cue nighttime raids of ANZAC forces to "borrow" spare parts.

Quote:
Any mention of Filipino TSF forces will probably involve 1/2 of a somewhat-working F-5, two barely function F-4s with missing armor parts and guns that tend to jam, and half a squad of Hardymen designed for counterinsurgency operations against the CPP-NPA or MILF.
Hey, at least your guys' countries didn't get nuked by your neighbours right off the bat like mine did.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 01:59   Link #1308
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- No, it sounds more like Malaysia is the real-life equivalent of an Ace Combat squadron... ^_^

Speaking of TSFs that should be featured: Super Hornets. Any fics in the Oceania/Southeast-Asia region should at least have Super Hornets in it, please. And all the crazy stuff that Aussie pilots would be (reputedly) known for.

On another tack:

....see, this is why I migrated to Australia in the first place. We're not only capable of defending ourselves on our own, politicians here -USUALLY- don't do things that would cause the country to self-destruct.
With so little jet fighters, it's just one or two squadrons for Malaysia. Fucked up indeed.

Also, is Pinoy's army really that bad?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 02:36   Link #1309
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
With so little jet fighters, it's just one or two squadrons for Malaysia. Fucked up indeed.

- The Army and Marines are some of the best in the region. They just keep getting financially F---ed up by politicians who consider the armed forces their own private security force, and the Air Force is just one long-running stale joke.
Old 2013-01-10, 04:59   Link #1310
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Tell me about the Air Force. Can't be worse than Malaysia.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-01-10, 05:27   Link #1311
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Malaysia has planes.

To wit: Back in the 1950's or so, the Philippine Air Force was hands-down the best in the region, possessing the (then-new) F-5 Tiger and the F-8 Crusader.

Fast forward to today: The entire Philippine Air Force now is used primarily for anti-insurgency operations. The Philippines has no true Air-to-Air defence grid and the only jets we have are all trainer aircraft. It's said that applying for the Air Force almost guarantees an infantrey spot in the Army, as there aren't many planes in the service and rumor has it those planes only go to 'pilots' with political connections.

There have been numerous attempts to upgrade the PAF. Still isn't happening.

So in the Muv-Luv universe, it is no exaggeration to say that the PAF would have just one or two barely working TSFs and basically fight the BETA with infantry small arms and light armored vehicles while the politicians keep guzzling their whiskey and keep wondering why the US forces don't just swoop in and save everybody--oh that's right. The Politicians will have already evacuated to America and left everyone else to fight off the BETA while they continue to make policy in Miami.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-01-10 at 05:41.
Old 2013-01-10, 05:51   Link #1312
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

So to put it short, if the BETA made a breakthrough from Japan then all of Asia will fall to the BETA.
Old 2013-01-10, 05:53   Link #1313
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Malaysia has planes.

To wit: Back in the 1950's or so, the Philippine Air Force was hands-down the best in the region, possessing the (then-new) F-5 Tiger and the F-8 Crusader.

Fast forward to today: The entire Philippine Air Force now is used primarily for anti-insurgency operations. The Philippines has no true Air-to-Air defence grid and the only jets we have are all trainer aircraft. It's said that applying for the Air Force almost guarantees an infantrey spot in the Army, as there aren't many planes in the service and rumor has it those planes only go to 'pilots' with political connections.

There have been numerous attempts to upgrade the PAF. Still isn't happening.

So in the Muv-Luv universe, it is no exaggeration to say that the PAF would have just one or two barely working TSFs and basically fight the BETA with infantry small arms and light armored vehicles while the politicians keep guzzling their whiskey and keep wondering why the US forces don't just swoop in and save everybody--oh that's right. The Politicians will have already evacuated to America and left everyone else to fight off the BETA while they continue to make policy in Miami.
With the amount of sea surrounding you guys, should be safe for a while. I'm now wondering. Did Operation Babylon screw up the geography in Asia? From what I remember it looked the same, while the Canada is gone and some parts of the map changed greatly.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-01-10, 06:23   Link #1314
Raviel

Quote:
With the amount of sea surrounding you guys, should be safe for a while. I'm now wondering. Did Operation Babylon screw up the geography in Asia? From what I remember it looked the same, while the Canada is gone and some parts of the map changed greatly.
If what I've learned in college about sea level rise and climate change has taught me anything then the effects of Operation Babylon on my country (the Philippines)....is well......pretty bad

We'll be lucky to have ONLY the capital underwater, that's not considering the fact that a lot of major industrial, business, military, and political centers are in the city.

Adding to the discussion about my country in the ML world, I have to agree with what everyone else has said here, hell we'll be lucky to have one working F4 Phantom. We'll most likely be used as some sort base if ever the U.S. plans on doing AMERICAN stuff in the region.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 06:58   Link #1315
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
The effects of Babylon includes the entirety of Europe, Russia, Asia (including the Japanese home islands) and large tracts of the northern hemisphere. So roughly the entire Asia and Europe continent is submerged underwater.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:59   Link #1316
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

Actually, during the 80s, we actually had a decently-sized AF; at one point in we had around 60 or so upgraded and operational Skyhawks, the A-4PTM (Peculiar To Malaysia), that were the equal of the USN & USMC's Skyhawks. (though not like the Singaporean Super Skyhawks, or them crazy Israeli Skyhawks with afterburning Phantom engines).

Then, in the late 80s to mid-90s, there was a modernisation drive that resulted in us getting something like 24 BAE Hawks (about half-half split between single seat light attack and twin-seat trainers), two squadrons of MiG-29s, and eight F/A-18D Hornets (one of which, last I'd heard, had been a hangar queen for almost two years, as of 2007). We supposedly have a Tiger II squadron that operates the F-5E and the RF-5E Tigereye, but bugger if I know if they're still flying.

We've recently bought a squadron of Su-30MKMs, which are basically Indian -30MKIs only sans Israeli avionics. From what I've read, the MiG-29 squadrons are consolidating; one squadron has transitioned to the Su-30MKM while the other is now holding all MiG-29 airframes, with the option of cannibalising for parts.

Also, our army was derp enough to buy IFVs WITHOUT a contract for spares, instead relying on the 1 year warranty period.

Anyhow, assuming then that Alternative RMAF follows IRL, we're looking at a country with the bulk of its TSFs being around say 60-odd F-5s after combat losses, with two squadrons of brand new MiG-29s and one of Hornets. The Hornets can't even share spares with other COSEAN nations because Malaysia is the only Hornet operator in the region; everyone else in SE Asia who has 2nd Gen TSFs is using the F-16. Which is why I'm surprised that cannonically, COSEAN adopted the Super Hornet as their standardised TSF.

Also I have been playing Extra and following Meiya's path as much as possible, and I am having so much fun. Also, lol at the three baka and how they bring out the worse in Tsukuyomi.

"Don't make shit up! I never head a word of this bullshit!"

"..."

"...cough... Cease your lying at once."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-10, 19:02   Link #1317
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

and... we're on the search for the Mig-29 replacement which is due to be phase out in 2014 or so.
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 20:04   Link #1318
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Actually, during the 80s, we actually had a decently-sized AF; at one point in we had around 60 or so upgraded and operational Skyhawks, the A-4PTM (Peculiar To Malaysia), that were the equal of the USN & USMC's Skyhawks. (though not like the Singaporean Super Skyhawks, or them crazy Israeli Skyhawks with afterburning Phantom engines).

Then, in the late 80s to mid-90s, there was a modernisation drive that resulted in us getting something like 24 BAE Hawks (about half-half split between single seat light attack and twin-seat trainers), two squadrons of MiG-29s, and eight F/A-18D Hornets (one of which, last I'd heard, had been a hangar queen for almost two years, as of 2007). We supposedly have a Tiger II squadron that operates the F-5E and the RF-5E Tigereye, but bugger if I know if they're still flying.

We've recently bought a squadron of Su-30MKMs, which are basically Indian -30MKIs only sans Israeli avionics. From what I've read, the MiG-29 squadrons are consolidating; one squadron has transitioned to the Su-30MKM while the other is now holding all MiG-29 airframes, with the option of cannibalising for parts.

Also, our army was derp enough to buy IFVs WITHOUT a contract for spares, instead relying on the 1 year warranty period.

Anyhow, assuming then that Alternative RMAF follows IRL, we're looking at a country with the bulk of its TSFs being around say 60-odd F-5s after combat losses, with two squadrons of brand new MiG-29s and one of Hornets. The Hornets can't even share spares with other COSEAN nations because Malaysia is the only Hornet operator in the region; everyone else in SE Asia who has 2nd Gen TSFs is using the F-16. Which is why I'm surprised that cannonically, COSEAN adopted the Super Hornet as their standardised TSF.

Also I have been playing Extra and following Meiya's path as much as possible, and I am having so much fun. Also, lol at the three baka and how they bring out the worse in Tsukuyomi.

"Don't make shit up! I never head a word of this bullshit!"

"..."

"...cough... Cease your lying at once."

I know how that Extra route feels. Man Tsukuyomi is bloody awesome.
Probably Kouki didn't research enough about our region. Then again there isn't any news about COSEAN is there?

Also, I doubt we'd even have 60 F-5's. The total isn't even that high to begin with.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-01-10, 23:05   Link #1319
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
I know how that Extra route feels. Man Tsukuyomi is bloody awesome.
Probably Kouki didn't research enough about our region. Then again there isn't any news about COSEAN is there?

Also, I doubt we'd even have 60 F-5's. The total isn't even that high to begin with.
Hell,I feels like we are going to be refugees in The Day After somewhere in Australia because our army got financially fucked.

But,I also have that feelings that the people will revolted if the government keeps being that shitty.

Why?Because Mecca,the holiest Islam place,got freaking eaten by BETA.
ANY MUSLIM would be extremely pissed(and that's still an understatement).
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:40   Link #1320
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Hell,I feels like we are going to be refugees in The Day After somewhere in Australia because our army got financially fucked.

But,I also have that feelings that the people will revolted if the government keeps being that shitty.

Why?Because Mecca,the holiest Islam place,got freaking eaten by BETA.
ANY MUSLIM would be extremely pissed(and that's still an understatement).
Don't worry, even if you become a refugee you will repeat your life again if Takeru dies somewhere and somehow.

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto