AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-09, 09:55   Link #321
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Situation is very different in every battlegroup. I play on EU Bloodlust, where Alliance in AV wins most of the time. In turn Horde completely dominates WSG. AB and EotS are pretty random, but Alliance have an advantage because half of the horde raid always joins late. (No idea why)

On the other hand I read the forums and there was a battlegroup where Alliance started boycotting AV (Horde 3h+ queue, gg) because "it's impossible to win"
Yeah, I have seen this too and I consider it absolutely ridiculous. The map is in favor of the Alliance, yet these people are so bad they can't even figure out a way to win. The IB chokepoint is not impenetrable as some people seem to think; if people were smart they'd just rush it as a group and run past it, instead of one at a time or dismounting to try and fight. Sure some will die, but all it takes is 1-2 to get through, since that's all that's needed to cap frostwolf gy and the entire horde base. I've also seen Alliance win through reinforcements even when horde turtles. Anyone who says it's "impossible" to win is just terrible.

And yeah, a lot of the time half the team joins late for me too, only reasons I can think of for that are they're afk when the queue pops or they wait till the last second to leave a BG they were already in.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 12:43   Link #322
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yeah, I have seen this too and I consider it absolutely ridiculous. The map is in favor of the Alliance, yet these people are so bad they can't even figure out a way to win. The IB chokepoint is not impenetrable as some people seem to think; if people were smart they'd just rush it as a group and run past it, instead of one at a time or dismounting to try and fight. Sure some will die, but all it takes is 1-2 to get through, since that's all that's needed to cap frostwolf gy and the entire horde base. I've also seen Alliance win through reinforcements even when horde turtles. Anyone who says it's "impossible" to win is just terrible.

And yeah, a lot of the time half the team joins late for me too, only reasons I can think of for that are they're afk when the queue pops or they wait till the last second to leave a BG they were already in.
On my server, Ali never wins BG...Doesn't matter which one it is..we loose...And now in this new patch Ali is never going to win on my server...apperently they are making the spawn point for the Horde closer to the Ali's starting point...But the problem is, noone listens...In AV they think they just need to kill the other faction..don't bother with the graveyards and towers, just run off and do your own thing and kill horde when you see them. I mean, they just don't listen..and they go off in groupd of like 2 and then the Horde go with groups of like 15...so we die quicker. In WG, they think..o screw the flags...just kill..that's how we really win...so I'm going into cat form and stealthing into their base going to get the flag..noone is protection our flag..I run in get ganked by like a shamen or something because they are all doing there own thing...AB they caputer a base, then they leave and never come back. And I don't accually do EotS..I lag to much and am of no help (what happens on a 512mb ram...) so I'm at no liberty to say what is wrong.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 17:29   Link #323
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

EoTS is kinda like AB in that morons will get a base and then leave it totally undefended, and the complete opposite of WSG in that EVERYONE rushes for the flag, especially when they only have 1 tower and going for the flag is the worst thing to do.

They are moving the horde starting point further back, not closer. This is a buff for alliance but people say it isn't because it will encourage more horde to defend instead of race, and alliance will get "stuck" at the "impassable" IB chokepoint.
Old 2008-02-12, 19:52   Link #324
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

PVE and Dungeons FTW. Quit BG.

P.S. And oh yeah, after you ( and your guild) gets the best gear they can, then just take over the horde teritories and stop the lower levels one to level. FEEEELS SO GOOOOD. This will teach the damn hordes( which usually have 2 times more players than us alliance ) a lesson that if you keep on ganking our lower level ones , there will be conseguences.
Old 2008-02-12, 20:13   Link #325
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
PVE and Dungeons FTW. Quit BG.

P.S. And oh yeah, after you ( and your guild) gets the best gear they can, then just take over the horde teritories and stop the lower levels one to level. FEEEELS SO GOOOOD. This will teach the damn hordes( which usually have 2 times more players than us alliance ) a lesson that if you keep on ganking our lower level ones , there will be conseguences.
If horde actually outnumbers alliance you must be on one of the new servers since it's totally the opposite on most of the older ones. Also the best gear for attacking other players is not gotten from PvE and Dungeons, it's gotten from Arena and BGs.
Old 2008-02-12, 22:29   Link #326
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
If horde actually outnumbers alliance you must be on one of the new servers since it's totally the opposite on most of the older ones. Also the best gear for attacking other players is not gotten from PvE and Dungeons, it's gotten from Arena and BGs.
it is. Tier 5 and 6 are far better than any of other BG sets. Areana season 6 comes close to tier 5 but still not as good. Tier 6 beats it by far.

Just compare stats and every thing with other tiers. But tier 6 is by far the best and hardest to get. With my tier 6 ( ice mage) i can crict around 6 k cricts. thats like every 2.5 sec cast.

and my druid tier 6 i can easily solo 2 to 3 regular level 70s and yes i am a Restro druid.

Tier 6 is by far the strongest gear you can get.

what you are saying ofcourse does make sense. If you dont take into account the end game dungeons, such and kara and BT and ... . Then yes PVP gear is better. But i am comparing the Best from PVP vs the best from dungeons. In that case the best of the dungeon beats the best of the PVP. The only thing that can be argued is the weapons. PVP weapons ( weapons alone) tend to be a bit better than PVE( epic ones) But still that can be argued. Of course if you get one of the legendary Weapons from BT then thats another story.

Me and around 6, 7 of my other guildies basically dominated Thunderbluff couple of times and downed their boss.

P.S. Nope. My toons are in Blackrock, illidan and Kelthegud. These are 3 of the first Realms that came out. I guess the population varies from another realm to other. But based on the census addon , usually hordes dominate most of the realms.

P.S. Only 2 of my toons are fully tier 6 geared. I dont play that much *_*. Just have had the game since even b4 wow came out officially. Since the first beta days. So yes, thats only a myth. That you have to play 24/7 to get tier 6 gear. I only average like 10 hours a week on WOW.
Old 2008-02-12, 23:49   Link #327
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Season 3 is stronger for pvp than tier 6, and to call it worse than tier 5 is just ridiculous. Here's an example:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33694
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31041

Going from Tier 6 to Season 3 you lose some +healing and damage (and spirit which is completely irrelevant) but you gain stamina, armor, and most importantly resilience. Your mage might be critting for 6k on fresh 70s in blues and greens but that isn't gonna happen on someone in Season 3 with 300-400 resilience. As far as mage goes:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33760
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31057

Yes, you will put out significantly more damage with the tier 6. But if you're targeted, which you will be, you will drop like a rock with low stamina and 0 resilience. If you're going for a glass cannon type of setup, you'd prefer the tier 6, but with resilience it's pretty risky to rely on high burst-damage with 0 survivability to win. At most, you could say the tier 6 is comparable to season 3 depending on your setup, however calling it "by far better" is completely false.

Quote:
what you are saying ofcourse does make sense. If you dont take into account the end game dungeons, such and kara and BT
I find it kinda strange that someone with 2 full tier 6 characters would call Kara an endgame dungeon and mention it alongside BT. Nothing from Kara is better than even season 1 gear.

Quote:
and my druid tier 6 i can easily solo 2 to 3 regular level 70s and yes i am a Restro druid.
Nobody said tier 6 wasn't better than the crap blues and greens that regular 70s will have. Also considering the high survivability of resto druids it's not really surprising.

Quote:
Me and around 6, 7 of my other guildies basically dominated Thunderbluff couple of times and downed their boss.
Doesn't really have anything to do with gear, he was 5-manned by people in blues before BC, and there is nobody in that city at all except lv 10 tauren.

Quote:
So yes, thats only a myth. That you have to play 24/7 to get tier 6 gear.
I never said you did, in fact I agree with you on this point. The people that say raiders all have no lives or jobs are just bad players who like to make excuses.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2008-02-13 at 00:34. Reason: Clarification
Old 2008-02-13, 00:32   Link #328
Komori
D:

Whitemoon648: I see your server is full of undergeared horde who are afraid to attack back if you think PVE gear is better for PVP. You'd get ripped up if you fought someone with the equivalent of your gear in PVP gear due to lacking the stamina and the resilience. Go read up on the mechanics of resilience if you don't know what I'm talking about.

So, did anyone else hear that they're making the T6 sets full 8/8 when 2.4 comes out? The tokens are supposed to drop off bosses in Sunwell. It seems a little incomplete though, unless they meant for it to not have an 8 piece bonus or at least something about 4 piece bonus.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=4163.0 <- Information about the new pieces.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 02:12   Link #329
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Season 3 is stronger for pvp than tier 6, and to call it worse than tier 5 is just ridiculous. Here's an example:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33694
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31041

Going from Tier 6 to Season 3 you lose some +healing and damage (and spirit which is completely irrelevant) but you gain stamina, armor, and most importantly resilience. Your mage might be critting for 6k on fresh 70s in blues and greens but that isn't gonna happen on someone in Season 3 with 300-400 resilience. As far as mage goes:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33760
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31057

Yes, you will put out significantly more damage with the tier 6. But if you're targeted, which you will be, you will drop like a rock with low stamina and 0 resilience. If you're going for a glass cannon type of setup, you'd prefer the tier 6, but with resilience it's pretty risky to rely on high burst-damage with 0 survivability to win. At most, you could say the tier 6 is comparable to season 3 depending on your setup, however calling it "by far better" is completely false.
No, you will never be vulnerable in Tier 6 against ganks. be it any class. The stamina you get almost matches with the best of PVP, if you are a class that is Stamina dependent. Also Tier 6 has elements that help you survive. Mages get alot of intell so they can use mana shield to survive. Druids get almost the same amount of stamina as PVP gear and .... .

and thats not even the point. With dungeon items you dont even need to think about surviving long, because you will basically kill the person attakicng you in 3 to 4 hit max. And although i dont like getting my gear through PVP, i have played PVP with guild mates and we usually win 90 percent of times with our gear. I dont know if you have your Dungeon set or not so i cant judge, But i guess its one of those things that unless you dont have it, you wont undrestand what i mean. I mean if you can kill a hero under 10 sec, really you dont need to survive. All you need to cast fast and have good hande reflexes and know how to use your magics and items. I have been able to kill 5 level 70s with my mage before and i dont think i could ever do it with a PVP set.
Quote:
I find it kinda strange that someone with 2 full tier 6 characters would call Kara an endgame dungeon and mention it alongside BT. Nothing from Kara is better than even season 1 gear.
Kaara is one of the end games. I didnt mean to compare it with BT. BT is by far the hardest Instance in the game. But still Kaara is counted as one of the end game instances.

[/quote]
Quote:
Nobody said tier 6 wasn't better than the crap blues and greens that regular 70s will have. Also considering the high survivability of resto druids it's not really surprising.
agreed. I didnt recall saying that eaither.

Quote:
Doesn't really have anything to do with gear, he was 5-manned by people in blues before BC, and there is nobody in that city at all except lv 10 tauren.
depends on the time and realm of course. But Almost all of our main cities are crowded. The locked realms, are locked for a reason .

Quote:
I never said you did, in fact I agree with you on this point. The people that say raiders all have no lives or jobs are just bad players who like to make excuses.
I know you didnt . you are nicer than that. But i just said that so that no one would raise it up later.

You do have a point but I think you are forgetting one main thing. Its true that you can alot res/dodge/hit from PVP but you are forgetting the important fact that there are many other ways to get those stats. Also There is a limit on how much res/dodge/hit you can get. When you reach that limit you cant go any higher. At the moment i have maxed my res/dodge/hit with my 2 toons with tier 6 set. So even if i had the PVP gear it wouldnt be that usefull to me any ways. There are many ways to max it. One is of course get your other 9 slots with gears that have those stats, and also you have the sockets and Enchanting.

Also its true that i wont get as much damage on people with better gears, but in duels against my buffed guildy warrios, i get around 4800 to 5400 cricts , with around pure 37 chance to crict ( not counting in shatter which is another 50 percet). And those guys have max resil/dodge/hit ... because if they dont, they will just get us wiped in BT.

PVP gives you resilience and more stamina, at the cost of Crict chance/ higher stats/ healing +/damage + and .... . It sacrifice just too much.
Also the diffrences in stats are huge. Around 60 to 80 diffrence.

P.S. So based on experience, they are by far the best set. Since i dont see the point of those resilience points since there is a cap on how much resilience and .... you can get. Enchanting and sockets can almost max you up. IF and only IF there was no cap on res/dodge/hit .... , yes PVP gear would be better for PVP. However there is a cap, and because of that Tier 6 ( coupled with enchanting and sockets and your other gear) beats any PVP gear.

P.S. I can post my Armory for you to see so that you can get an idea of what type of gear i am talking about, if you want.
Old 2008-02-13, 02:35   Link #330
Komori
D:

Quote:
And those guys have max resil/dodge/hit ... because if they dont, they will just get us wiped in BT.
I don't see how you guys would wipe in BT without resilience, since resilience isn't a PVE stat and is usually looked down upon by higher end raiding guilds.

Quote:
P.S. So based on experience, they are by far the best set. Since i dont see the point of those resilience points since there is a cap on how much resilience and .... you can get. Enchanting and sockets can almost max you up. IF and only IF there was no cap on res/dodge/hit .... , yes PVP gear would be better for PVP. However there is a cap, and because of that Tier 6 ( coupled with enchanting and sockets and your other gear) beats any PVP gear.
I'm curious to see how exactly you can (near) cap your resilience with your tier 6 gear.

Quote:
P.S. I can post my Armory for you to see so that you can get an idea of what type of gear i am talking about, if you want.
Yes please.
Old 2008-02-13, 03:01   Link #331
aurakdraco

Send a message via AIM to aurakdraco
Quote:
And those guys have max resil/dodge/hit ... because if they dont, they will just get us wiped in BT.
Resilience is not used by warriors in end game instances. You are mistaking this for defense rating which is used by tanks to be uncrushable(cant be crit). Resilience as a whole is frowned on in end game instances or pve in general.

Quote:
PVP gives you resilience and more stamina, at the cost of Crict chance/ higher stats/ healing +/damage + and .... . It sacrifice just too much.
Also the diffrences in stats are huge. Around 60 to 80 diffrence.
I think that the trade-off is fair in my experience. As a mage with 363 resilience, while i do sacrifice in spell dmg and crit, i am still being crit for over 2k at times, so without resilience i could basiclly be 3 shot. I would rather have the longer survivability which in the long run would make me more of an asset to any arena team then to have better short term burst damage.

Quote:
First of all the resilience cap is around 480, which will not be hit if you are not stacking +8 resilience gems in your gear. Normal gear with no gemming for resilience will put you around 400-420 resilience which is ideal. Because of the nature of pvp with arenas and all, you need the survivability of resilience a lot more, which you just cant get in the same quantity as tier 6. Against people in say season 1 arena gear, sure tier 6 is better, but if our comparing it to season 3 which is the pvp equivelent to tier 6 there is no contest.
aurakdraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 09:19   Link #332
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The other posters have pretty much already mentioned all my counterpoints, but:

Quote:
No, you will never be vulnerable in Tier 6 against ganks. be it any class. The stamina you get almost matches with the best of PVP, if you are a class that is Stamina dependent. Also Tier 6 has elements that help you survive. Mages get alot of intell so they can use mana shield to survive. Druids get almost the same amount of stamina as PVP gear and .... .
If you click those links I posted you'll see that the season 3 does in fact have significantly more stamina than tier 6, especially on the mage set. Every class is stamina dependent in PvP. Also if you really believe that intel is just as important as stamina because of mana shield that is just completely absurd. Mana shield will go down in less than a second against most classes.

Quote:
With dungeon items you dont even need to think about surviving long, because you will basically kill the person attakicng you in 3 to 4 hit max.
You are not going to be able to consistently, if it all, kill someone in full season 3 in 3 to 4 hits, it just won't happen. Even if you can you will be dead in 2 hits because of low stamina and resilience. As others have said, there is no way you will have anywhere near the resilience cap without pvp gear, and the reason you are beating your guildy warriors so quickly is because they also have low resilience. Resilience is not a warrior dungeon tanking stat. Also, if you are compensating for low resilience by using gems, enchants, and other slots, that really shows that the PvP gear would have just been better to begin with. (Not to mention that gemming your PvE gear with resilience gems is a really bad idea and that those "other slots" with resilience are also PvP gear, not dungeon items). And as stated you will still not have anywhere near the cap without the gladiator gear.

Survivability is extremely important in arena. As a cloth class with high damage output you will be one of the prime targets and you are not going to take down an entire team by yourself without them hitting you. Getting in a few big hits and then dying in 2 seconds doesn't help anybody.

As I've said, I have no experience in anything past tier 5 but I have pvp'd as a warlock in full Kara/Gruul level epics and in the associated gladiator gear, season 1, and the difference is enormous. In the kara gear I had 12k hp and would be killed in 2 seconds by pvp geared warriors, 4k mortal strikes are not fun. In the gladiator gear I can actually kill these people - the stat allocation makes a huge difference.

Quote:
I know you didnt . you are nicer than that.
I think this is the first time anyone has called me nice.

Anyway, PvP gear is superior for PvP than dungeon gear, it really is not debatable.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2008-02-13 at 09:46.
Old 2008-02-13, 09:35   Link #333
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
The other posters have pretty much already mentioned all my counterpoints, but:

If you click those links I posted you'll see that the season 3 does in fact have significantly more stamina than tier 6, especially on the mage set. Every class is stamina dependent in PvP. Also if you really believe that intel is just as important as stamina because of mana shield that is just completely absurd. Mana shield will go down in less than a second against most classes.

You are not going to be able to consistently, if it all, kill someone in full season 3 in 3 to 4 hits, it just won't happen. Even if you can you will be dead in 2 hits because of low stamina and resilience. As others have said, there is no way you will have anywhere near the resilience cap with just gems, and the reason you are beating your guildy warriors so quickly is because they also have low resilience. Resilience is not a warrior dungeon tanking stat.

Survivability is extremely important in arena. As a cloth class with high damage output you will be one of the prime targets and you are not going to take down an entire team by yourself without them hitting you. Getting in a few big hits and then dying in 2 seconds doesn't help anybody.

As I've said, I have no experience in anything past tier 5 but I have pvp'd as a warlock in full Kara/Gruul level epics and in the associated gladiator gear, season 1, and the difference is enormous. In the kara gear I had 12k hp and would be killed in 2 seconds by pvp geared warriors, 4k mortal strikes are not fun. In the gladiator gear I can actually kill these people - the stat allocation makes a huge difference.

I think this is the first time anyone has called me nice.

Anyway, PvP gear is superior for PvP than dungeon gear, it really is not debatable.

lol, Well that is true..but I still want both..xD...Yea..Just recently started doing Arenas...If I had better gear I would pwn! We usually win 5 loose 5...xD My 2v2 is myself Boomkin, and my friend who is resto druid xD
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 10:31   Link #334
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Well all i can say is that i guess diffrent people approach it in their own way. I just stated how my guild approaches it and we do it just fine.

And PVP 3 does have alot more stamina for mages than tier 6 but that is counter balanced by the amount of Intell mages get. Mana can be converted to Protection for mages.

And Yes tanks do need good amount of resilience for End game. I will not argue with you on this point because i have a feeling that you will stick with your opinion regardless ( not that anythign wrong with that ).

As i said, its something that you need to have to know what i mean. I guess since i have never had a PVP tier 3 set, then i will never know. But i know how strong Tier 6 is. Since you guys have the PVP 3 i wont argue about its capabilities.
Old 2008-02-13, 12:25   Link #335
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

It appears I'm not gonna be able to convince you so I'll just leave it at this: It is a matter of fact and numbers, not opinion. If you were to post on the official WoW forums that PvE gear is better for PvP, or

Quote:
And PVP 3 does have alot more stamina for mages than tier 6 but that is counter balanced by the amount of Intell mages get.
or

Quote:
And Yes tanks do need good amount of resilience for End game.
you would end up with a 20-30 page thread of people from all realms, PvP'ers and PvE'ers alike, doing nothing but flaming you. If it works for you, fine, more power to you - I am not one to question how other people play. But to say blatant inaccuracies like PvE gear is better or that resilience is a PvE stat when the facts prove otherwise is pretty foolish.
Old 2008-02-13, 13:16   Link #336
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
It appears I'm not gonna be able to convince you so I'll just leave it at this: It is a matter of fact and numbers, not opinion. If you were to post on the official WoW forums that PvE gear is better for PvP, or
Well its not a matter convincing or not *_*. In gaming world, there are people with their own strats and ways, and there are those that follow the crowd and the popular strats. Some of the unique ways that few people use eventually become the trend and become the new popular strats and ways of playing. I guess me and my guild are one of those unique guilds. Copying the popular strategy isnt the only way to play the game.

So its not matter of facts , Its the matter of Skills and the way one plays. With diffrent ways of playing, you can have diffrent sets of gears. You just have to max out and bring out the item's potential with skills , good talent distribution and .... .

Quote:

you would end up with a 20-30 page thread of people from all realms, PvP'ers and PvE'ers alike, doing nothing but flaming you. If it works for you, fine, more power to you - I am not one to question how other people play. But to say blatant inaccuracies like PvE gear is better or that resilience is a PvE stat when the facts prove otherwise is pretty foolish.
No. i have to disagree with part of your statement. Yes i will get 20 to 30 pages or even more of flamings, but that is mostly going to be from PVPers. Its "DAH WOWh fohrehum" you are talking about it. I dont need to talk about anything to get flamed .

In general many ( not all) of the PVP players are arrogant ( in the forums , i dont mean any of you here) about their items. If you give them a Grey item , they will say our item is better than you PVers.

P.S. I am the mage officer in our guild so what i say goes in there, But Most of the people in my guild like this uniqueness better than other strats. As a matter of the fact, most of the well known and pro guilds have their own unique strats in terms of dealing with end game bosses. Those strats leaks out on sites like thottbot, allakahz, wowwiki and ... and others use them.
P.S. So lets agree that each of us have our own unique way of playing.
Old 2008-02-13, 13:31   Link #337
Ending

After starting again two months ago and going for mainly PvP, I have to admit that resilience is the stat. I currently have about 250pt of resilience and even though I still get hit by criticals, at least I can hope to survive past the first two hits. However, the problem I have is that somehow I have managed to find a guild that has actually managed to get past Karazhan, so I need to keep a PvP/PvE hybrid build. Which is kind of a bummer, since discipline seems to have become the de facto build for PvP.

It's a real pain of being focus-fired down first every time without really having anything to counter it beside the trinket... So far I have had only a few practise matches in the arena with a survival hunter and a frost mage (cookie-cutter builds), but man it's frustrating at times. Part of the reason might be because I'm wearing the primal mooncloth set (no extra stamina/resilience from three items), so I guess it's like an invitation to target me. I would like to go straight for the season two robe instead of spending extra on the season one honor gear.

Should I go for the gear or wait it out until we get better? So far the mage and hunter have been rather inactive and haven't really used any of their crowd control abilities to help me. For example: sheep to disable the main-DPS and slowing trap to help me kite.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 14:08   Link #338
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
After starting again two months ago and going for mainly PvP, I have to admit that resilience is the stat. I currently have about 250pt of resilience and even though I still get hit by criticals, at least I can hope to survive past the first two hits. However, the problem I have is that somehow I have managed to find a guild that has actually managed to get past Karazhan, so I need to keep a PvP/PvE hybrid build. Which is kind of a bummer, since discipline seems to have become the de facto build for PvP.

It's a real pain of being focus-fired down first every time without really having anything to counter it beside the trinket... So far I have had only a few practise matches in the arena with a survival hunter and a frost mage (cookie-cutter builds), but man it's frustrating at times. Part of the reason might be because I'm wearing the primal mooncloth set (no extra stamina/resilience from three items), so I guess it's like an invitation to target me. I would like to go straight for the season two robe instead of spending extra on the season one honor gear.

Should I go for the gear or wait it out until we get better? So far the mage and hunter have been rather inactive and haven't really used any of their crowd control abilities to help me. For example: sheep to disable the main-DPS and slowing trap to help me kite.

What is your main goal? PVP or PVE? If PVE and end game raid why are you bothering with PVP gear *_*? there are alot better ways to get better gear ( for PVE)and at the same time good amount of gold with less time. Just do regular dungeons over and over untill you get your gear.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:23   Link #339
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Well its not a matter convincing or not *_*. In gaming world, there are people with their own strats and ways, and there are those that follow the crowd and the popular strats. Some of the unique ways that few people use eventually become the trend and become the new popular strats and ways of playing. I guess me and my guild are one of those unique guilds. Copying the popular strategy isnt the only way to play the game.
Yes, uniqueness is great and new or unpopular things can become new trends, I am not disagreeing with that. I am the last person to ever say the majority is always right. I am also not saying it is impossible for someone trying something new to beat someone with better gear or a cookie cutter build. WoW is, however, a game based heavily on numbers, and when you look at those numbers, the PvP gear comes out as more effective. A level 40 is not gonna beat a lv 70 unless he is afk, and a hunter whose strategy is to melee is not going to be effective, the nature of the game just doesn't allow it. Sure, it is possible that you could have a brand new strategy that would make all the current gear stats worthless and revolutionize the entire game, but in a game based so heavily on numbers and statistics it is highly unlikely.

Saying "I have a certain playstyle and I find Tier 6 is better suited for it than PvP gear" is perfectly fine, but it'd be preferable to have more solid reasoning when claiming "Season 3 gear is outright worse than Tier 5 for PvP" when all past experience has proven otherwise.

Quote:
So lets agree that each of us have our own unique way of playing.
As I said in my above post and in this one, I don't question the way other people choose to play. If you find a playstyle that works for you, go for it.

And yeah, the WoW forums are filled with idiots and trolls, but there are many there who do actually know what they are talking about.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:29   Link #340
Komori
D:

So, how much did the mage cost? I'm still waiting for the armory link. I just find it really hard to believe that your guild geared 2 of your characters in full t6 when you have such a gross misunderstanding about some game mechanics. I'm not bashing you for not PVPing (since it's pretty apparent you don't do anything other than kill lowbies in STV) or anything, but the fact that you have the stats used for PVP and PVE mixed.

Come to Executus and we'll tear you up before you know what's happening.

Quote:

or

I think I know what I'm doing today.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows