AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-25, 18:21   Link #2001
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Worst pairing in Gundam Seed story ever. I never wanted a female character to just disappear so bad...
Haha.

@Tak: Sankyuu~
Old 2008-11-25, 22:48   Link #2002
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, Natsuki was kind enough to send me a few scans today, and I decided to share one page (for now) with you guys here, because it is relevant to what we want to know. That, and because I am extremely lazy when told to work on something I am not being paid for, therefore, other pages would have to wait . Although they were not character specific, and most are stuff we already know.

Anyway:

Don't ask me for a Ranka version, there aren't any.

The title here is: The Love between Sheryl and Alto

The paragraph reads:

Initially, Alto did not think Sheryl was anyone special, and their first encounter hardly made a positive impression. In fact, Alto was more irritated than enjoying it. But before long, that begin to change into something else entirely, something very comfortable. Then they realized they were men and women. Being straight forward, they were able to communicate with each other from the bottom of their hearts without guile during the many times they were alone.

On the right is just a basic description of Sheryl, stating how she held the top of the charts with her songs for the past 17 times. Although as a person, she has a lot of pride, but initially lacking coordination in terms of her speech and attitude (we seen this since the first episode). Her memories of her family is almost forgotten, thus her earrings, left to her by her mother, is most important.

(Anyway, usual stuff).

On the right it reads: Although Enduring A Harsh Destiny, She Stood Back Up and Became the True Top Idol

There are some interesting information. She might not be 17, and she might be older. Then again, if that is true, its not surprising. Besides, Alto is 18 in Frontier, Sheryl being slightly older than Alto doesn't really matter to me. In fact, it makes her more attractive.

- Tak
Awesome!!!! Sankyuu!!!

And ooh, would you mind if I re-post this in the LJ Arusheri comm (with credit to u, of course)?
Old 2008-11-25, 23:07   Link #2003
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Awesome!!!! Sankyuu!!!

And ooh, would you mind if I re-post this in the LJ Arusheri comm (with credit to u, of course)?
Well, yeah, do what you want. Share the love.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-26, 00:25   Link #2004
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, Natsuki was kind enough to send me a few scans today, and I decided to share one page (for now) with you guys here, because it is relevant to what we want to know. That, and because I am extremely lazy when told to work on something I am not being paid for, therefore, other pages would have to wait . Although they were not character specific, and most are stuff we already know.

Anyway:

Don't ask me for a Ranka version, there aren't any.

The title here is: The Love between Sheryl and Alto

The paragraph reads:

Initially, Alto did not think Sheryl was anyone special, and their first encounter hardly made a positive impression. In fact, Alto was more irritated than enjoying it. But before long, that begin to change into something else entirely, something very comfortable. Then they realized they were men and women. Being straight forward, they were able to communicate with each other from the bottom of their hearts without guile during the many times they were alone.

On the right is just a basic description of Sheryl, stating how she held the top of the charts with her songs for the past 17 times. Although as a person, she has a lot of pride, but initially lacking coordination in terms of her speech and attitude (we seen this since the first episode). Her memories of her family is almost forgotten, thus her earrings, left to her by her mother, is most important.

(Anyway, usual stuff).

On the right it reads: Although Enduring A Harsh Destiny, She Stood Back Up and Became the True Top Idol

There are some interesting information. She might not be 17, and she might be older. Then again, if that is true, its not surprising. Besides, Alto is 18 in Frontier, Sheryl being slightly older than Alto doesn't really matter to me. In fact, it makes her more attractive.

- Tak
What are you trying to do Tak? Destroy the 2 person oposition so that the board will go silent in a few days?

I smell Solid Snake guerilla warfare here Anyway, great, thank you for the work.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-11-26, 01:06   Link #2005
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Takky and kujo, there is a Ranka Version too, as well Alto (without the biodata), Klan and Nanase. But since I'm too lazy to scan them and my scanner decides to be a biatch... Still I will cover that page too, along with some bonus after my lovely(beech) scanner act again

(Since I'm quite and much more lazier than Tak (and limited Japanese too, especially with no furigana), no translation from me~~ Though there is no pic screenshot of Ranka and Alto intimacy like the one in Sheryl List of screenshot pic : "Itsumo itsumo arigatou ne! Alto-kun", last episode of "Alto-kun!" *Raises both hands*, and the "I'm going to confess to Alto-ku..." *BAM* "...!? Sheryl and Alto? DD:")

Anyways thanks for giving the info Tak! Now do your work on the second page! *sends love to you*

I can give you one ifo about Sheryl though. In the Official File #1, we actually were told that we are missing two singles canonically from Sheryl Discography. Here is the list of her discography that is listed in Official File :

2057/1 : 3rd Single [Infinity]
2057/3 : 1st Album [Pink Monsun] (sp?)
2057/8 : 4th Single [What 'Bout My Star]
2058/8 : 2nd Album [Bio Electronica]
2058/11 : 5th Single [Iteza Gogo Ikuji Don't be Late]
2058 : Galaxy Live
2059 : Frontier Live
2059 : Galia 4 Live

For Ranka :

2059 : Campaign Song [Ninjin Loves You YEAH!]
2059 : Birdman Movie Ending Theme [Aimo~Tori no Hito]
2059 : 1st Single [Neko Nikki] (!) With Seikan Hikou Jacket (O_o)
2059 : (Can't read the full kanji, but it is Nyan-nyan) CM song

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2008-11-26 at 01:43.
Old 2008-11-26, 01:51   Link #2006
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
(Since I'm quite and much more lazier than Tak (and limited Japanese too, especially with no furigana), no translation from me~~ Though there is no pic screenshot of Ranka and Alto intimacy like the one in Sheryl List of screenshot pic : "Itsumo itsumo arigatou ne! Alto-kun", last episode of "Alto-kun!" *Raises both hands*, and the "I'm going to confess to Alto-ku..." *BAM* "...!? Sheryl and Alto? DD:")
Last episode of "Alto-kun"? Which episode is that? I'm afraid I don't remember most of the episode names.

And is the screenshot of "I'm going to confess to Alto-ku..." *BAM* "...!? Sheryl and Alto?" the one where Ranka finds them on the roof together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
I can give you one ifo about Sheryl though. In the Official File #1, we actually were told that we are missing two singles canonically from Sheryl Discography. Here is the list of her discography that is listed in Official File :
From the list, I assume you're referring to Pink Monsoon and Bio Electronica then. Looking forward to those. Thanks for the info.
Old 2008-11-26, 02:00   Link #2007
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Last episode of "Alto-kun"? Which episode is that? I'm afraid I don't remember most of the episode names.
I'm sorry, I mean the sceenshot is from the last episode, the part where Alto saves Ranka (for the nth time) when she was inside Galaxy. It was the time Infinity plays, I think. But there is no intimancy as it is only a screenshot of Ranka only, raising both her hands towards Alto

Quote:
And is the screenshot of "I'm going to confess to Alto-ku..." *BAM* "...!? Sheryl and Alto?" the one where Ranka finds them on the roof together?
Aye! The "School Days"-esque one First pic I mentioned seems to be from earlier episode (1-4) which I completely forgot.

Quote:
From the list, I assume you're referring to Pink Monsoon and Bio Electronica then. Looking forward to those. Thanks for the info.
Pink Monsoon (Thanks for the spelling ) and Bio Electronica is actually the name of her Album a.k.a compilation of her songs (with one or two new exclusive song). I was referring to her unexistent/unknown first and second single, in which the candidate would be Diamond Crevasse (Most probable), Welcome to My Fanclub (Somewhat probable), or unknown songs (In which my statement comes from).

Old 2008-11-26, 08:45   Link #2008
Tak

The second page to Sheryl's profile does not reveal any new information as well. It talks about her V-Virus infection, her rivalry with Ranka and some basics regarding her career. It would appear that Grace overly underestimated her in regards to her own abilities to manage herself.

It also talks about how she gave courage to the people during the late stages of the war, especially after an infamous someone left...(charity concerts... etc).

Moreover, it is hinted that she might be part of the ill-fated 117 fleet. But as a descendant of Mao (which the series seemed to make a big deal out of), why she was unable to communicate with the Vajra is truly beyond me.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-26, 09:43   Link #2009
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Moreover, it is hinted that she might be part of the ill-fated 117 fleet. But as a descendant of Mao (which the series seemed to make a big deal out of), why she was unable to communicate with the Vajra is truly beyond me.
That's a missed subplot opportunity if you ask me. They could've at least hinted that her earrings only serve to help channel latent Mayan powers instead of chalking it up to some power as a side effect from an alien disease. Of all the Macross Zero references, this one comes a bit short.

As it is in the story, her last name is practically fan service, right up there with Bilrer gazing at Minmay's picture. You could have easily given her a different name and the story wouldn't be affected at all.
Old 2008-11-26, 10:26   Link #2010
Father Hentai

I am not very sure yet, but was Ranshe not infected by the Vajra, when she became Ranka? This explains why Ranka is immune to the disease and can communicate with them.

On the other side, how would someone of you see it if your grandparents would experiment on you... does not sound quite well, right? And not everybody on the 117th fleet was as ruthless as Grace.

Tak, Sheryl got a bit help from Rankas former manager. So Grace actually underestimated the people of Frontier. Sheryl only had her will after she got dumped by Grace.
Old 2008-11-26, 10:38   Link #2011
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I believe she was quite the willful person way before she was let go of Grace's tutoring. She only had to take some time to gather her wits about her - and, with a little help from her friends, that's exactly what she did.

And who was experimented upon by a grandparent?

Old 2008-11-26, 11:13   Link #2012
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai
I am not very sure yet, but was Ranshe not infected by the Vajra, when she became Ranka? This explains why Ranka is immune to the disease and can communicate with them.
That only explains Ranka. It has no relation whatsoever with the Nome name, and is thus irrelevant. Sheryl is supposed to be the descendant of Mao Nome from Macross Zero, who along with her sister Sara, displayed some sort of power related to the Protoculture.

Quote:
On the other side, how would someone of you see it if your grandparents would experiment on you... does not sound quite well, right? And not everybody on the 117th fleet was as ruthless as Grace.
Are you referring to Mao conducting experiments on Sheryl? Where did you see that? The story doesn't even hint at such a thing...

...which brings me to another point. All we know of Sheryl's past prior to becoming an idol is that she was a street urchin and an orphan. How did the descendant of someone prominent as Mao Nome, her granddaughter no less, end up in the streets? Why does Sheryl use the name Nome, and not her father's or even her mother's for that matter?

So many questions.
Old 2008-11-26, 11:28   Link #2013
Father Hentai

It was a question to the question of Tak. If he knows the answers, then he will know why sheryl is not able to communicate with the vajra until Ranka moved them to her belly where they are able to coexist without harming her.

To your question why she ended up in poverty. Mao may be famous but even famous people can be caught up by events they can' t control and end up somewhere. The scenario of the 117 research fleet may be an a reason which created the poverty but to explain this complete to the audience may take more than 25 episodes so they shortened to the relevant scenes. if there's a novel book then you may get some more information but I would doubt that too, just to keep the audience on the red line of macross frontier.
Old 2008-11-26, 18:11   Link #2014
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
What are you trying to do Tak? Destroy the 2 person oposition so that the board will go silent in a few days?
Oh hey, ya know, she picked a fight, only to tell me not to pick a Japanese war with her. Ok, well, then, why start?

Because I am not going to take a challenge laying down. So I met her with a Blitz through and back, that is all.

Quote:
That is correct, Ranshee was infected as the experiments were done to herself prior to her giving birth to Ranka. Thus Ranka was immune, but had the abilities to communicate with the Vajra.

Quote:
I don't think it was ever stated or confirmed that Sheryl was experimented by Mao. I believe it was after Sheryl was picked up by Grace. This was sensible to Grace due to her lineage. If Sheryl was just another random person, I don't think Grace would have been very interested. But Sheryl was anyone but an ordinary person. She came from a lineage of individuals capable of communicating with the Vajra (not Proto-culture), which greatly provoked Grace's interest. Perhaps she thought to amplify her powers by experimenting on her? Unfortunately, it would appear the genes that made the Nome sisters so powerful 50 years ago disappeared by Sheryl's generation. To be honest, I was expecting Sheryl to pull a Sara by the end of 25, I really did. It would have made her revival just that much sweeter. After all, there was a huge emphasis on the earrings, on her lineage, and on the events in ZERO... *sigh* missed opportunities...

Quote:
Tak, Sheryl got a bit help from Rankas former manager. So Grace actually underestimated the people of Frontier. Sheryl only had her will after she got dumped by Grace.
When I said managed herself, which I translated from the article, it did not mean that Sheryl was simply managed by another person. Rather, the article was talking about how she was able to stand back on her own two feet without relying on Grace, which Grace certainly underestimated Sheryl's abilities to help herself. She thought Sheryl would just collapse and die.

- Tak

Old 2008-11-26, 19:14   Link #2015
magnuskn

Quote:
I don't think it was ever stated or confirmed that Sheryl was experimented by Mao. I believe it was after Sheryl was picked up by Grace. This was sensible to Grace due to her lineage.
IIRC, the picture of Sheryl being experimented upon, which Klan and Michael found, were a few years after the wreck of the 117th, so I donīt think Mao did anything at all to Sheryl. Rather than that, it is implicated in the series itself that Mao never personally saw Sheryl before her ( Mao's ) death.

Quote:
If Sheryl was just another random person, I don't think Grace would have been very interested. But Sheryl was anyone but an ordinary person. She came from a lineage of individuals capable of communicating with the Vajra (not Proto-culture), which greatly provoked Grace's interest. Perhaps she thought to amplify her powers by experimenting on her? Unfortunately, it would appear the genes that made the Nome sisters so powerful 50 years ago disappeared by Sheryl's generation. To be honest, I was expecting Sheryl to pull a Sara by the end of 25, I really did. It would have made her revival just that much sweeter. After all, there was a huge emphasis on the earrings, on her lineage, and on the events in ZERO... *sigh* missed opportunities...
Yeah, a missed opportunity, indeed. But letīs consider that a.) Duke Togos head over on Macross World would have exploded under such plot complexity ( ) and b.) that Grace was mostly after Sheryl because of being insanely bent on revenge towards Mao and Ranshe. I wouldnīt wonder at all if she caused Sheryl to be an orphan in the first place.
Old 2008-11-26, 20:50   Link #2016
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Grace was mostly after Sheryl because of being insanely bent on revenge towards Mao and Ranshe. I wouldnīt wonder at all if she caused Sheryl to be an orphan in the first place.
If that turned out to be the case, that would cement Grace as one of the most fiendish villains in the history of anime. Murdering your rival's children and orphaning her grandchild, then pretending to adopt her, experiment on her and raise her up as a superstar, then dropping her at the pinnacle of her career with no hope of recovery both physically and professionally is a level of commitment that would make the Chinese mafia proud.
Old 2008-11-26, 21:04   Link #2017
kujoe
from head to heel

And that's why she's great.
Old 2008-11-27, 00:19   Link #2018
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
And that's why she's great.
And I forgot to mention attempting to destroy both places she called home and pitting her against your other rival's granddaughter in a battle to the death. Lest we forget, using the latter as a stepping stone to gain control of an unstoppable alien race and securing the key to galactic domination.

I mean, WOW. And being super hot and near-immortal on top of all that.

But you know who ended up happy in the end despite being told to her face that she would die? Sheryl. And who ended up with a face full of railgun slug? Grace.

Monomaniacal cyborg bitch - 0
Galactic Fairy and Co. - 1
Old 2008-11-28, 15:28   Link #2019
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah, Ranka may have been called "Little Queen" but we all know who the real queen is.

Ahh Grace, will there be another such as you?
Old 2008-11-28, 19:37   Link #2020
Father Hentai

yeah... seeing Sheryl as a "beetle queen"... *yuck*

Tags
characters