AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-24, 23:05   Link #1
setsumber
A Good Cup of Tea

Send a message via Yahoo to setsumber
Is it just me? Why do i feel weird watching midori no hibi?

I cant help but think everytime i see this anime i think of the manga "Parasyte"
and it just freaks me out!

I know its cute and funny but i just cant help but think about it in that way so it discourages me to download further episodes of it.
Old 2004-07-25, 01:54   Link #2
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Yes, most of the time when another living thing is attached to a human, it is not a kawaii and happy little girl, and most of the time not even human. But remember, Midori is cute. Midori is nice. Midori is licensed. Don't think of her as a parasite, but as a hand puppet on Seiji's right hand, that moves by itself. So buy the dvd's when they come out, its only 13 episodes and is a great series.

Bah i just wanted to post something in the Midori board before it closes ....

....if I was Seiji I'd try to put Midori in my mouth.
Old 2004-08-09, 04:23   Link #3
k4mBoLiCi0u5
k4mBoLiCi0u5

Talking

Yeah midor is really cute..too bad she is stuck his hand...if she was normal sized wooahh the series prolly b more kinky...hehehe but yeah its a good ecchi series i guess 8/10..

Old 2004-08-10, 16:48   Link #4
SilverMonkey
A monkey made of silver..

Send a message via AIM to SilverMonkey Send a message via MSN to SilverMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to SilverMonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mBoLiCi0u5
Yeah midor is really cute..too bad she is stuck his hand...if she was normal sized wooahh the series prolly b more kinky...hehehe but yeah its a good ecchi series i guess 8/10..

I'm pretty sure Midori no Hibi is not a ecchi but a comedy. Anyway, I don't see why you would feel weird, I felt weird when my parents walked in and I was bursting in laughter as Seiji and Shiori were "studying".
Old 2004-08-15, 17:47   Link #5
Nezumi
Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMonkey
I'm pretty sure Midori no Hibi is not a ecchi but a comedy. Anyway, I don't see why you would feel weird, I felt weird when my parents walked in and I was bursting in laughter as Seiji and Shiori were "studying".
Lol

But i gotta check out this "Parasyte", i love strange and psycotic animes so if you figure out anyhitng else licensed or not please tell me.
Old 2004-08-17, 18:51   Link #6
Dark Epyon
Useless Human

Send a message via MSN to Dark Epyon
Quote:
Originally Posted by setsumber
I cant help but think everytime i see this anime i think of the manga "Parasyte"
and it just freaks me out!

I know its cute and funny but i just cant help but think about it in that way so it discourages me to download further episodes of it.
I used to think the same way, I kept asking myself why am I carrying on this series. then again i do that with everything but even though it freaked me out I still liked MnH.
Old 2004-08-19, 23:34   Link #7
veracromil

Send a message via AIM to veracromil
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mBoLiCi0u5

I wonder what his hand would be stuck to if that were to be.
Old 2004-08-31, 05:43   Link #8
my_sebastianne

when i first saw the first couple of chapters of the manga, *naughty* thoughts paraded through my head... i mean, a girl on you hand! come on! it gives a new meaning to.... well...
excuse me, i need to wash my brain now...
Old 2004-09-11, 03:47   Link #9
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Wow, I feel you man. I thought I was the only one. I don't get as disgusted as you do but I do feel weird sometimes even reading the manga. I haven't read 'parasyte' but Midori No Hibi actually reminds me of that mutant from total recall that takes its form from another guy's stomach. Now that is gross to the highest degree. Good thing Midori is cute unlike that hideous monster.
Old 2004-09-11, 10:08   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Well, the first thing I thought when seeing Midori grow on Seiji's hand is also Parasyte... but anyway IMO Parasyte is a classic on par with Monster and Blade of Immortal, while Modori no Hibi is... just a good and funny shounen romance... so in the end they don't really compare imo...

Quote:
But i gotta check out this "Parasyte", i love strange and psycotic animes so if you figure out anyhitng else licensed or not please tell me.
AFAIK, there's no Parasyte anime, however the manga is a must-read IMO... but it's no strange or psychotic, it's a dark realistic horror thriller anime with an environmentalist theme. Now generally I hate a lot of the environmentalist themes in anime/manga (Earth Girl Arjuna... shudders...), but Parasyte is different. It has an environmentalist theme but it doesn't try to be self-righteous nor does it try to push environmentalist propaganda down your throat. It's actually quite deep, philosophical, objective and natural. Anyway I say a must-read manga, great plot and characters, whether you want to see action or you want to have some food for thought, it's always great.
Old 2004-10-20, 22:52   Link #11
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_sebastianne
when i first saw the first couple of chapters of the manga, *naughty* thoughts paraded through my head... i mean, a girl on you hand! come on! it gives a new meaning to.... well...
Well, the quickest way to wash the impure thought is to stop masturb......

Actually, it makes my me think. I don't want to think what may happen to me. To be blunt. If it happens to a guy, he will learn to become a left hand. It's hard if he's a right hand, but he has to do it. Taking leak is the first challenge.
Old 2004-10-25, 17:54   Link #12
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

You feel weird, only because you cannot come up with the answer of...

How exactly does Midori go to the bathroom?
Old 2006-04-14, 00:15   Link #13
Pipp-ORK

Haha, I told my friend about "that anime where the guy has a girl as his hand", and she just said, ".....hentai?".

But no, Midori's too cute to make me think of parasites. :P It's just a lighthearted comedy, and you should enjoy it.
Old 2007-04-09, 07:22   Link #14
A_AQUARE

ok, then they beat wit the same heart? well bout that blader thing she only has the upper body somethin like tat....

Last edited by A_AQUARE; 2007-04-09 at 09:03.
Old 2007-07-10, 04:41   Link #15
iXenomorph
Anime Addicted

Send a message via MSN to iXenomorph
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mBoLiCi0u5 View Post

LOL "too bad she is stuck on his hand..."??!?!??!

That just made me think, what if she was stuck....somewhere else?..

sorry T_T
Old 2007-07-10, 14:06   Link #16
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_sebastianne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat View Post
Wow, I feel you man. I thought I was the only one. I don't get as disgusted as you do but I do feel weird sometimes even reading the manga. I haven't read 'parasyte' but Midori No Hibi actually reminds me of that mutant from total recall that takes its form from another guy's stomach. Now that is gross to the highest degree. Good thing Midori is cute unlike that hideous monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_AQUARE View Post
ok, then they beat wit the same heart? well bout that blader thing she only has the upper body somethin like tat....
That's sort of the point, actually...it's all a dirty joke about a man's girlfriend is his right hand. Really. There's nothing deeper than that!! So, hilarity ensues.

And the anime does have an episode of a bathroom scene...and a bath scene...and Midori's reaction when Seiji's towel falls off his hips....She's simple and sweet, and since he's a decent guy, he'd never ask anything nasty of her.
Old 2007-07-15, 23:59   Link #17
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
How exactly does Midori go to the bathroom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXenomorph View Post
That just made me think, what if she was stuck....somewhere else?..
I'm glad I didn't read any forums while I was watching this show. Might have distracted me to the point of no return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mBoLiCi0u5 View Post
Yeah midor is really cute..too bad she is stuck his hand...if she was normal sized
If she was normal-sized, Seiji would have serious problems moving around with a 100 pound girl-for-a-hand.

Aside from what the poster really meant, that was the first image that popped into my head...
Old 2007-07-25, 22:15   Link #18
Echoes

It is sort of a weird anime, I have a hard time recommending it to anyone, since it's so hard to explain the plot without sounding like I'm joking. "So yeah.. this guy just wakes up, and what do you know, his right hand's a girl!"

I personally rather liked it, though. It's a lighthearted comedy, and Midori's very cute.
Old 2007-08-17, 20:01   Link #19
armedrabbit
RabbitUser

Send a message via AIM to armedrabbit
this was my fav series i love how theres a delinquet and he falls in love with his hand,

if anyone know any animes with delinquets w/ romance in it please tell me.
Old 2007-08-18, 12:19   Link #20
Echoes

Not really the right thread, but I'd recommend School Rumble and Great Teacher Onizuka, they're pretty similar with regards to the delinquent/love theme.