AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 3 4.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 6.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 15.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 13.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 13.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-19, 02:45   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Amagami SS - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Amagami SS, Episode 20.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-11-19, 03:03   Link #2
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Spoiler for episode 20:

And it's another case of wait for subs to get a full idea of what happened.
Old 2010-11-19, 03:44   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow... That was a pretty... lame... ending...
The only thing that was good about the episode was that the animation was probably the best out of the other episodes for Rihoko's arc.
But in a way, I guess this arc had a different taste from the others. Some less creepy Tachibana always helps.

...But still, bleh... at the end.

Anyways, next time is the last boss...! Duh duh DUH!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-11-19, 04:07   Link #4
Freeter
beyond

Worst arc in the whole series. I thought Rihoko was going to take the diet seriously after Junichi's act of kindness at the end of the first ep, but no, all we got was "OMNOMNOM" every other minute.

(...but it was Rihoko, you should have expected that...)

When she's a side character and not detrimental to the plot? Yes. But when she's suddenly made the protagonist, I expect her to evolve from a lazy glutton into a determined individual worthy of her lover's affections (especially since Junichi had to jump through hoops to get his girls). The third episode clearly had the warning signs of failure when they had to resort to blatant Miya fanservice to attract people (and sadly, that's probably the only reason Rihoko's DVD will sell any copies at all).

Ayatsuji better not let me down, especially since she's the end girl. Cut the foreplay and just get straight to the good stuff.
Old 2010-11-19, 04:22   Link #5
U<3Anime
Boo!

What a piss poor adaption. First episode 2 episodes got me so excited, but then the staff decided to just troll me for the last 2 episodes. Where's fetish kiss scene yo? Where's the twister game yo? It's sad, but that one rihoko chapter from the Precious Diary manga is seriously better than this whole entire arc. 1 chapter>4 episodes, they seem to don't care anymore do they?
Old 2010-11-19, 04:27   Link #6
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yyyeeeah, I definitely have to agree that this arc (more specifically the last two episodes of this arc) was rather under par with the rest of the series. Good think Rihoko is my least favorite heroine on the list.
Old 2010-11-19, 08:02   Link #7
Mentar
Banned

What does it say about an episode when the scene I consider most memorable is a stern look from Ayatsuji in the preview? ^_^;

Well, on to the arc I was anxiously expecting.
Old 2010-11-19, 08:08   Link #8
Bombo
TSF Fans

Now to the final boss..I only watched the first arc and ignore the others till the final arc <3
Old 2010-11-19, 08:35   Link #9
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I withheld commentary on last week's episode hoping they'd bring things around, but yeah. So much wasted potential in this arc. They went with her Good End from the game instead of her Best End like they had been for every other heroine so far. Fail-tastic. Still, it was at least more tolerable to watch than Sae's arc. 4/10 for this episode and for the arc as a whole, making my arc hierarchy:

Kaoru > Ai > Haruka > Rihoko > Sae

Not gonna hold my breath on Tsukasa's arc as she doesn't really appeal to me much as a character. I'm just on board to see how badly they butcher her story.
Old 2010-11-19, 10:12   Link #10
Eclipze

Of all the girls, they chose to NOT give the best end to the chubby-cute childhood friend. What the ****.
Old 2010-11-19, 10:21   Link #11
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
I am disappointed...the arc doesn't do Rihoko justice. As someone else has already said, that one single chapter of the Precious Diary special was so much better than this arc...
Old 2010-11-19, 10:36   Link #12
justavisitor

it's pretty sad that they don't give us the best ending, but this ending is actually better than what I thought it would be...

Well at the end of this arc, we can see that Junichi does has some feeling on Rihoko...their relationship is definitely a lot closer than 4 episodes ago...plus they will have the whole year to sort it out (since they run the tea club now)

it's not perfect when you compare to other arcs...too bad the 3rd episode determined the outcome...but overall it's not too bad
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-11-19, 11:17   Link #13
Itlandm
Porcupine

That's just baffling. When you have an arc for each girl, why would you not go for the best ending?

What is worse, since this is more or less an experiment, the poor work they have done on several of the arcs means we are unlikely to see more "omnibus" anime.

Well, it does not impact my personal happiness, but in the context of the genre of romantic anime in general, it is rather a disservice.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:24   Link #14
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
What is worse, since this is more or less an experiment, the poor work they have done on several of the arcs means we are unlikely to see more "omnibus" anime.
Yosuga no Sora is another VN adaptation this season using the omnibus approach, though differently applied than Amagami SS. And it's executing its stories far, far better. Though there is significantly more ecchi involved (not to mention outright sex) so if that sort of thing bothers you it may not be something you enjoy watching. Still, it is certainly handling the omnibus format far better than this series has.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:33   Link #15
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Went ahead and watched the raw and... despite that fact that I was sort of expecting this, it still feels like Rihoko really, really got the short end of the stick. Looks like she got sacrificed on the altar of Ayatsuji.
Old 2010-11-19, 12:46   Link #16
brain
house music addict

Unbelievably disappointing that they didn't continue forward in time for this arc.... Everyone else got serious timeskips, delicious Rihoko gets "maybe one day my feelings will reach him!" I do suppose they both deserve it for NEVER once actually expressing non-friendship interest in each other explicitly.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-11-19, 12:48   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

meh... trying to remember why I took a look at this series. Oh yeah, I thought the "omnibus mechanics" might be interesting. Unfortunately, it looks like they split up into project teams for each arc and lets just say the skill set was not equally distributed...
Old 2010-11-19, 14:13   Link #18
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Spoiler for kicking reality to the curb:

All in all, I will have to reserve judgment til dvds come out.

I hope the last arc isn't FUBAR'ed.
Old 2010-11-19, 15:19   Link #19
Dobby

I am full of disappoint. But, I still love Rihoko.

Just.... sigh.
Old 2010-11-19, 16:53   Link #20
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Of all the girls, they chose to NOT give the best end to the chubby-cute childhood friend. What the ****.
This. Why is Rihoko the only girl who didn't get to the Best End? Not only that, but why did it have to be one of the girls who gives meaning to the title of the series?
Closed Thread