AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 09:18   Link #821
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

YES!!! Yuu manages to get a personality in ep2!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-10-14, 09:20   Link #822
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, this episode was 'bearrrrry' decent, but it did a good job adapting the source material =03. I think that Chie didn't really exhibit her tomboyish demeanor(which is what makes her great), but it's kinda cute to see a different take on her character by voice compared to the NA game. Maybe we'll see that spunk when she gets her chance for a Persona.

Oh yeah, and the crazy guy who talked to Yukiko at the school gate seemed 'bearrrrry' suspicious. He seemed WAYYY too into Yuki and was pissed that she turned him down. I don't find it a coincidence that all the murders have been women so far. I wonder could he have something to do with all of this; i.e. get turned down, then toss the girls into a tv to kill them out of spite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
The main difference is that Horie Yui can manage humor, energy, and tsundere, while Danielle Judovits was stuck in serious mode, which really hurt Chie's characterization.
Yeah, Danielle was 'bearrrry' serious in most of her lines, esp in the beginning, but as the game went on, it was 'bear-able'.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:16   Link #823
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Yep, that's the Persona I know of - and I've fallen back in love with "I'll Face Myself", the boss theme (amazing how being frustrated by P4 boss fights can turn you away from that song).

Can't ignore the massive continuity f*** up - they make all that fuss about the rope, and it's not mentioned once as soon as Yosuke and Yu are in the TV. Come on, I know you've got 25 minutes for each episode, but missing that scene really made a mess of continuity.

However, the episode was still a massive improvement compared with Ep 1. The pace was decent, seems like they slowed down a touch - and it definitely worked more.

Have to admit as well though, that whoever came up with the concert ticket idea for the anime needs promoting . Seriously though, in the game, we only took Saki Konishi's word for it that she despised Yosuke - but in the anime, we have the added point that the concert ticket was ripped up. Well done

Also good to see the battle wasn't as one-sided as I remembering it being (seeing as how I typically spammed Zio until the shadow carked it) - though thinking about it, being slammed into a metal support would hurt (i.e. why did Yu not feel that?).

Ok, yes, I'm being nitpicky - all in all, significant improvement for Ep 2, but still has a way to go before hitting top marks.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:22   Link #824
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler:
DVD/Bluray extra:
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:45   Link #825
CGrascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
I actually liked her NA voice. Rise's the one with the most annoying/weakest voice in the NA version in my opinion.
Actually, I preferred Laura Bailey over Rie Kugimiya.
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 14:08   Link #826
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Man, people didn't like Chie's NA voice actor? I loved her.

Meh.

Episode 2 makes me feel confident about the anime because it slowed down. While it passed up that great rope-joke on the guy's side, by taking its time it was able to both have better pacing and better humor.

(Way to take advantage, Brosuke!)

It looks like Yuu will be a 'slowly maturing' character: he'll probably really fill out the 'leader' role by the end, as his stats go up. One stat per episode, I guess?

Best part of the episode was definitely the fight... or Yuu 'accidentally' punching Yosuke out of his self-pity. Well played, animators. Well played.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 14:47   Link #827
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Another brilliant episode (from a fan perspective anyway!). Can't wait until the theme songs are released. More Meguro goodness! That piano part towards the end wasn't in the original game though, was it...? I used to listen to the game OST a lot but didn't recognise it. I wonder if they'll end the series with "Never More" since they started the show with "Pursuing My True Self".
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 14:53   Link #828
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Another brilliant episode (from a fan perspective anyway!). Can't wait until the theme songs are released. More Meguro goodness! That piano part towards the end wasn't in the original game though, was it...? I used to listen to the game OST a lot but didn't recognise it. I wonder if they'll end the series with "Never More" since they started the show with "Pursuing My True Self".
Not sure whether this is right or not, but I think that's a lead in to Ending Song, "Beauty of Destiny" by Lotus Juice and Shihoko Hirata.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 15:10   Link #829
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Looks like someone ordered a stupid looking boss!!!

But seriously, awesome episode and better pacing then the previous one. The gang looks awesome in the opening.
Spoiler for characters that did not appear in the anime yet, but did in the opening...:

And, it seems like that Yuu's stats have increased a bit. ^^
Old 2011-10-14, 17:15   Link #830
Teh2ndrunner
History Fanatic

Quote:
And, it seems like that Yuu's stats have increased a bit. ^^
Haha indeed. Those that complain that the MC has no personality atm should understand that those stats prolly indicate how much of a presence he will have i.e. in episode 25 when his stats are maxed he will be the focal point. It's an enjoyable thing to watch, as in most anime the main character starts as the focal point, whereas here he develops over the series (at least i think it's going that way).
Teh2ndrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 21:11   Link #831
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
YES!!! Yuu manages to get a personality in ep2!!!!!!!!
Wait until you see him at maxed stats...
Old 2011-10-14, 22:15   Link #832
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
>You punched Yosuke
>You became friends with Yosuke
>Yosuke will now die for you

Yu punching Yosuke was my favorite part of the episode. That was a really nice addition. It'd be hilarious if he punched everybody else to bring them back to their senses, even the girls (sex equality, baby!)
Yeah, not gonna happen.

Spoiler:
Ah, never thought about that. Good point!
Spoiler:
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 23:29   Link #833
Yuutsu

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap. Yuu grew a personality!!! Sweeeeeeeeet. My enjoyment just shot up. : )

Here's a link to the same events in episode 2 as depicted by the game in case anyone is curious is to see how the source handled Yosuke's shadow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-2DHCTcLMM
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 23:52   Link #834
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Well Ep. 2 was better than 1. Souji Yuu had more involvement on the plot and the shadow fight was good. I actually liked how the shadow was taunting Yosuke.

Also, it seems that you don't need a persona to go to the backside of the tv. There goes one of the WMG of the fandom.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 00:34   Link #835
majestix1988

yay!!!! its sweeet....episode and hurray for 10 fsteaks and beef noodles...next will be

Bananahead DOminatrix

creeepy guy going weirder weirder~
Old 2011-10-15, 01:24   Link #836
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Yu punching Yosuke was my favorite part of the episode. That was a really nice addition. It'd be hilarious if he punched everybody else to bring them back to their senses, even the girls (sex equality, baby!)
Yeah, not gonna happen.
I got to agree with that. I laughed how Yu was nonchalant after he punched Yosuke. Looks like there will be more bear puns to expect as long as Teddy's there.
Old 2011-10-15, 02:47   Link #837
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
It's Yu~u, it's Yu~u, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

What in God's name is that eldritch abomination on Yu's table in that last shot of the midnight channel? I think I just found the killer.
You mean that pile of origami cranes? Seems like Yuu's been working on his Understanding stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*spends one whole episode on grinding*
Well, we'll know if Yuu's been grinding his starter Persona out like crazy if he's still using him by the end. Bonus points if Izanagi pulls out a Primal Force or some other high level skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Spoiler for characters that did not appear in the anime yet, but did in the opening...:
No, I remember there were points in the game cutscenes where that particular character did look like that.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 03:18   Link #838
Divini
Senpai!

I wonder if they will show Narukami's personality evolve based correspondingly on the stats shown.

That would actually be pretty creative.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 04:57   Link #839
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

I really want to know how those 2 character die inside the television. Are they killed by the shadows of themselves and then is thrown out of TV ?

Omg curiosity kills me.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 05:02   Link #840
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
I really want to know how those 2 character die inside the television. Are they killed by the shadows of themselves and then is thrown out of TV ?

Omg curiosity kills me.
Yeah, I recalled Bear/Kuma/Teddy said that the victims were killed by their shadows.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy