Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 13:09   Link #1301
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Yes she and Nunnally are Lulu's emergency brake when he starts sliding down the slippery slope to hell.
Why not just let him he's more fascinating that way
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 13:11   Link #1302
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Why not just let him he's more fascinating that way
Because he'd get a bad end that way. Or we'd all get a bad end if he was truly evil and got his hands on the SoA. If it can kill a god i'm pretty sure the Earth would be a piece of piss for it.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 13:13   Link #1303
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Because he'd get a bad end that way. Or we'd all get a bad end if he was truly evil and got his hands on the SoA. If it can kill a god i'm pretty sure the Earth would be a piece of piss for it.
Remember its for Nunnally's sake
Old 2008-07-15, 13:15   Link #1304
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Remember its for Nunnally's sake
Who knows. If Nunnally dies you may get your wish for Evil Lulu to rear his ugly head. He may just decide to take revenge on everyone. You know to make absolutely sure he gets the guilty party.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 13:24   Link #1305
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Who knows. If Nunnally dies you may get your wish for Evil Lulu to rear his ugly head. He may just decide to take revenge on everyone. You know to make absolutely sure he gets the guilty party.
Yes I would be very happy but I acknowledge the fact that he's supposely getting an satisfactory ending, so no swimming lessons

Edit: swimming lessons=Death Note ending
Old 2008-07-15, 13:42   Link #1306
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
She's closer to him than the other members of the Ashford student council, and he treats all of them as being important to him. Saying things like "Don't do anything stupid. Sit tight. I'll definitely rescue you" and "I will definitely... I will definitely retrieve Kallen with my own hands" mean nothing to you?

And the thing about eps 13 and 14, it's strangely convenient for Lelouch to suddenly be given a little karmic retribution and go heavily off the deep end as soon as Kallen gets captured.
He also screamed after Shirley died. He wants to rescue her because she is his friend. Why does there have to be anything more, for him to want to rescue her? Is friendship not important enough? He would do it for anyone from his Ashford group.

She chucked refrain out of his hand in one episode and she is his pillar of strength? He didn't go to her, she came to him I still feel it's one sided.

I am going to look like such an idiot if Kalulu happens
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 13:52   Link #1307
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
He also screamed after Shirley died. He wants to rescue her because she is his friend. Why does there have to be anything more, for him to want to rescue her? Is friendship not important enough? He would do it for anyone from his Ashford group.

She chucked refrain out of his hand in one episode and she is his pillar of strength? He didn't go to her, she came to him I still feel it's one sided.

I am going to look like such an idiot if Kalulu happens
It wasn't just that he promised to rescue her and all that, but also his rather emotional outburst that was very uncharacteristic of him when he is behind his Zero persona. While that does not mean he he sees her as a lover or anything yet, it does mean that for a moment he dropped his Zero mask in front of others because she was taken from him. Interpret that how you wish though.

She cared enough to go to him and the fact that she was able to drag him out from the deep end that shows she had an affect on him. She may not have completely pulled him out of his depression but she did pull him out of the deepest part of it and allowed the Student Council scene to do it's job.

No more then us Kalulu fans would look if C.C and Lulu does happen.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 14:57   Link #1308
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
While that does not mean he he sees her as a lover or anything yet, it does mean that for a moment he dropped his Zero mask in front of others because she was taken from him. Interpret that how you wish though.
There's actually a notable inverse between when Shirley was taken from him and when Kallen was taken from him. When Kallen is taken, he drops the Zero persona only temporarily, when Shirley is taken he puts on the Zero persona for the entire episode.

Fancy words.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:20   Link #1309
Kushi

Quote:
The white snow line was quite significant. C.C. had (in the previous ep) talked about "snow being white because it forgot it's colour" (or some thing to that effect). Lelouch remembered it and brought it up. They are trying to form a triangle. It was also evident in R2 when C.C. interrupted Kallen and Lelou (when she fell on too of him). I think the "Tabasco line" was jealousy while you could think otherwise.
My thoughts exactly. A lot of people say Lulux C.C isn't going to happen, however I really beg to differ. [Correct me if I'm wrong] however from what I remember C.C is actually the only person Lulu has ever called "beautiful". He didn't say it directly however it implied it when C.C said "I don't deserve a name, after all I've forgotten everything". and his response to C.C is "I think that the snow is beautiful".

If anything I'll say KallenXLulu is much less likely since C.C and Lulu act like a old married couple to the point where it's almost awkward.
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:33   Link #1310
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
My thoughts exactly. A lot of people say Lulux C.C isn't going to happen, however I really beg to differ. [Correct me if I'm wrong] however from what I remember C.C is actually the only person Lulu has ever called "beautiful". He didn't say it directly however it implied it when C.C said "I don't deserve a name, after all I've forgotten everything". and his response to C.C is "I think that the snow is beautiful".

If anything I'll say KallenXLulu is much less likely since C.C and Lulu act like a old married couple to the point where it's almost awkward.
It's nice to see another LelouchxC.C. supporter around

Unless they have decided to ignore everything that happened in season 1, I also reckon it will be C.C.xLelouch. Whatever R2 has been so far.
Old 2008-07-15, 15:37   Link #1311
Var
Banned

Quote:

Unless they have decided to ignore everything that happened in season 1, I also reckon it will be C.C.xLelouch. Whatever R2 has been so far.
Your logic fails because in order to develop based on S1 they'd have to ignore S2, which doesn't make sense. The 'winning pair' will be based on the overall developments of the two seasons. And as it stands, the likeliest pairing is no pairing. This is of course as it stands and things are likely to change. The reason that C.C. and Lelouch are losing their once revered dominance of supposed 'romance' is because, unlike S1, there are now things to contrast them against, most notably Kallen's actual real feelings that aren't fangirl emotions.

S1 was devoid of just about any interaction between Lelouch and anyone other than C.C. or Nunally. This has, however, been reversed in S2. Where Lelouch has had more interaction with Kallen than with C.C.. Hence why the supposed dominance and 'S1 told me so' logic no longer holds true.
Old 2008-07-15, 15:42   Link #1312
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

If anything, developments in season 2 would take precedence over the first, which would lend more support to Kallen.
Old 2008-07-16, 06:28   Link #1313
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post

I think you are right, the two actually remind me a bit of my parents.... That is truly awkward.

Quote:

Hey! You're forgetting me here!!

Anyway, I personally think we are going to get some C.C. now,judging from those pictures from her as a little girl and actually seeing her with Marianne. Maybe it will be like season 1 where C.C. also had her biggest part in the end.

It reminds me of CLANNAD; Nagisa's part is a tiny bit like C.C.'s. The first girl that Tomoya(was that his name?) met was her. Then he met others (Tomoyo, Kyou etc.) and Nagisa was in the background. In the end though she was the main female character and it ended TomoyoxNagisa.

So basically the anime started with Nagisa and ended with her. C.C. could be the same.

That's just one of my theories though. If C.C. stayed immortal I'm not so sure how LelouchxC.C. could work out, since she would simply stay the way she now is, looking like a 16-17 year old girl, and Lelouch would(like all humans) age and die. Awkward.
That can be solved though if for instance Lelouch either becomes immortal or C.C. mortal(her contract?).
I personally wouldn't mind if C.C. and Lelouch(maybe Kallen too) died and there would be no pairing at all. Then both C.C. and Kallen supporters would be satisfied/happy/whatever.

But I'm still a LelouchxC.C. fan and nothing will change that.

Sorry if I'm making no sense, I'm sooo tired*yawn*
Old 2008-07-16, 06:48   Link #1314
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
It reminds me of CLANNAD; Nagisa's part is a tiny bit like C.C.'s. The first girl that Tomoya(was that his name?) met was her. Then he met others (Tomoyo, Kyou etc.) and Nagisa was in the background. In the end though she was the main female character and it ended TomoyoxNagisa.

So basically the anime started with Nagisa and ended with her. C.C. could be the same.
You can't compare Code Geass to Clannad for romance. Clannad is a romance series. Code Geass is an action series, featuring both supernatural and science fiction action. In a romance anime, the main couple is normally predetermined and other girls are merely complications in the story. In an action series, romance is either not there or takes a back seat and nothing is predetermined from the beginning.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 07:27   Link #1315
Asleep

Quote:
I think you are right, the two actually remind me a bit of my parents.... That is truly awkward.

Hey! You're forgetting me here!!
But no C.C. supporter had been posting here lately

Quote:
Anyway, I personally think we are going to get some C.C. now,judging from those pictures from her as a little girl and actually seeing her with Marianne. Maybe it will be like season 1 where C.C. also had her biggest part in the end.

That's just one of my theories though. If C.C. stayed immortal I'm not so sure how LelouchxC.C. could work out, since she would simply stay the way she now is, looking like a 16-17 year old girl, and Lelouch would(like all humans) age and die. Awkward.
That can be solved though if for instance Lelouch either becomes immortal or C.C. mortal(her contract?).
I personally wouldn't mind if C.C. and Lelouch(maybe Kallen too) died and there would be no pairing at all. Then both C.C. and Kallen supporters would be satisfied/happy/whatever.

But I'm still a LelouchxC.C. fan and nothing will change that.

Sorry if I'm making no sense, I'm sooo tired*yawn*
I thought of Clannad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You can't compare Code Geass to Clannad for romance. Clannad is a romance series. Code Geass is an action series, featuring both supernatural and science fiction action. In a romance anime, the main couple is normally predetermined and other girls are merely complications in the story. In an action series, romance is either not there or takes a back seat and nothing is predetermined from the beginning.
Kanon had the same thing. They saved the main girl for last. And while it might have been quite obvious in Clannad it wasn't obvious in Kanon. In a romance anime where there is one girl for one boy, it might be predetermined. But when it's a harem, it's not easy to tell. In Full metal Panic also it was obvious it would be Chidori from the start.

Whatever the genre, important things are usually saved for the end. We don't even know C.C.'s name yet. All the mysteries concerning her still remain where they were in S1. They have purposely kept it for last. C.C. is the main character. I have always seen Kallen as a supporting character. To me it has always been Lelouch and C.C.'s story. After all it's code geass. I don't know how they plan to go in the end, but I feel it will end with LxC.

Whatever it is, I'll always be a LelouchxC.C. too Avira
Old 2008-07-16, 07:36   Link #1316
Var
Banned

Quote:
Kanon had the same thing. They saved the main girl for last. And while it might have been quite obvious in Clannad it wasn't obvious in Kanon. In a romance anime where there is one girl for one boy, it might be predetermined. But when it's a harem, it's not easy to tell.
There are always exceptions, Kanon is one anime that did things a little different, how many other such shows have you seen in recent years? I can recall... none. Harem or not, it's almost always predetermined. You must also realize that even the Kanon example falls short as even at the end, it gives you quite a few romance centric episodes (as it is a romance show) about how the two people come together where CG has no such luxury. At a certain point in a show such as CG, the possibility of a pairing occuring drops significantly.

Quote:
Whatever the genre, important things are usually saved for the end. We don't even know C.C.'s name yet. All the mysteries concerning her still remain where they were in S1. They have purposely kept it for last. C.C. is the main character. I have always seen Kallen as a supporting character. To me it has always been Lelouch and C.C.'s story. After all it's code geass. I don't know how they plan to go in the end, but I feel it will end with LxC.
No, not true. The genre affects the overall story, how its told, and so on. The actual big juicy secrets do not necessarily get revealed at the end. An example of a well known book that tells you everything outright: Lord of the Rings. All the secrets are already on the table, you simply then experience the story.

As for C.C., to a degree what her name was does not even matter anymore. She is no longer that person, she is now, as she herself says, C.C.. That is her name. Not to mention that they clearly aren't keeping it for last because, as I see it, we're about to get all of C.C.'s secrets and the Geass secrets, whereas we still have to wait several more weeks to see the conclusion to Kallen's reunion(saving) with(of) Lelouch.

C.C., Kallen, Lelouch, Suzaku, and now Nunally, are your main characters.

By the way, the story is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. So... right...

Quote:
Whatever it is, I'll always be a LelouchxC.C. too Avira
Waiting for Godot.

Last edited by Var; 2008-07-16 at 07:47.
Old 2008-07-16, 11:30   Link #1317
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
There are always exceptions, Kanon is one anime that did things a little different, how many other such shows have you seen in recent years? I can recall... none. Harem or not, it's almost always predetermined. You must also realize that even the Kanon example falls short as even at the end, it gives you quite a few romance centric episodes (as it is a romance show) about how the two people come together where CG has no such luxury. At a certain point in a show such as CG, the possibility of a pairing occuring drops significantly.
It is not the end yet. It's in the middle. There was practically nothing romantic between Yuuichi and Ayu in Kanon and then they just put them together. At least here if he goes with C.C. (or Kallen) it won't be that rushed.

Quote:
No, not true. The genre affects the overall story, how its told, and so on. The actual big juicy secrets do not necessarily get revealed at the end. An example of a well known book that tells you everything outright: Lord of the Rings. All the secrets are already on the table, you simply then experience the story.
And many things were revealed only in the end, in Harry Potter. Although they both belong to the fantasy genre. Lord of the Rings wasn't a mystery book, it fell more into the adventure category. While Code Geass has been mysterious from the start.

As I said it doesn't depend on the genre. Macross F has also been quite vague so far. While In FMP even though Tessa was there, it was quite obvious he would choose Chidori and likewise with Nia in TT. You can always develop romance, regardless of the genre. It depends on the writer/s.

Quote:
As for C.C., to a degree what her name was does not even matter anymore. She is no longer that person, she is now, as she herself says, C.C.. That is her name. Not to mention that they clearly aren't keeping it for last because, as I see it, we're about to get all of C.C.'s secrets and the Geass secrets, whereas we still have to wait several more weeks to see the conclusion to Kallen's reunion(saving) with(of) Lelouch.

Doesn't even matter anymore? You are kidding right? The writers said they purposely didn't give it out before, because then we'd be able to guess everything. I doubt ep 15 will tell us everything. Code Geass has always been more like Lost. While they might give out something, they will definitely keep stuff for later. Anyway, I'll be happy if they do reveal everything this week, but I don't think it's likely.

Quote:
C.C., Kallen, Lelouch, Suzaku, and now Nunally, are your main characters.
They are all important but Lelouch and C.C. are the main ones and maybe Suzaku; though I'd like to ignore that...

By the way, the story is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. So... right...

There would be no rebellion if there was no one to give him geass.

Quote:
Waiting for Godot.
I said the same thing to my friend who said they would watch till Spain put 1 goal in the euro finals
Old 2008-07-16, 11:36   Link #1318
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Er...Lelouch was planning to rebel against Britannia even without the Geass. C.C. merely helped him, and whilst it was a great amount of aid she gave him, that's what it was- aid.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 11:41   Link #1319
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Yeah Lelouch was going to rebel without the geass.... I wonder how that would have turned out
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 11:41   Link #1320
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Er...Lelouch was planning to rebel against Britannia even without the Geass. C.C. merely helped him, and whilst it was a great amount of aid she gave him, that's what it was- aid.
But the show isn't called Lelouch of the Rebellion It's Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyswan View Post
Yeah Lelouch was going to rebel without the geass.... I wonder how that would have turned out
so true