AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-24, 19:44   Link #41
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, I don't think it really matters much since I doubt that Milly's going to do anything much to contribute to this show.
She will just wait.. why do you think she's a secondary character?
Old 2008-06-24, 19:47   Link #42
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Agree, when girls go from long hair to short hair... watch out!
The hair style reference is even used in R1 with Chigusa/Villetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, I don't think it really matters much since I doubt that Milly's going to do anything much to contribute to this show.
As a girl, I think it means something.
Old 2008-06-24, 19:51   Link #43
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
She will just wait.. why do you think she's a secondary character?
But she is in fact a secondary character. She isn't involved in anything, but the school life and I doubt she's going to join the Order or something of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The hair style reference is even used in R1 with Chigusa/Villetta

As a girl, I think it means something.
Well, that was more for the complete reversal of personality though. I don't think Milly is going to have the same thing happen.

It may mean something, but does it really matter with her? I mean, it would have been curious if Kallen came back with her hair even shorter or if C.C. decided to cut off her long hair since they are at least involved with things.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 20:26   Link #44
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

In the previous spoilers/spec thread, people speculated Shirley's death. Now people are speculating Milly's. Allow me to take the lead in being the most vocal in my belief Taniguchi does not intend to kill off either character.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:27   Link #45
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
In the previous spoilers/spec thread, people speculated Shirley's death. Now people are speculating Milly's. Allow me to take the lead in being the most vocal in my belief Taniguchi does not intend to kill off either character.
Amen, brotha, amen.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:28   Link #46
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
I'll second this. It would give some impact I suppose, but not as much as if they killed someone like Kallen. Which won't happen ether.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 20:31   Link #47
Var
Banned

I don't think he's going to kill either of them, but snap them out of their ruts of naevity and illusionment. This is more focused on Shirley than Milly, as she was snapped out of it by Nina. If anything, what's going to be happening now is the internal struggle that anyone faces when their world is questioned (for Milly), pretty much what happened to Kallen at the start of this Season, and a tumbling from blissful ignorance (for Shirley).

They don't have to die, I'd say the message and effects would be greater if they lived anyway, but they will experience hardships... that's pretty damn certain.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:35   Link #48
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose having something bad happen to forever take away Milly's whole festival personality and take away Shirley's naive view of things for good. Or does that sound a bit sadistic? What happens after that I have no idea since I can't see them contributing to the show after such a thing.

Old 2008-06-24, 20:35   Link #49
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
They don't have to die, I'd say the message and effects would be greater if they lived anyway, but they will experience hardships... that's pretty damn certain.
Yeah, that's probably it more or less, unless sunrise is simply THAT cruel ... Shirley is going to have to learn a harsh lesson either way and it probably won 't be easy for her, and this time around, Lelouch can't make her stay in her current state, for the better or worse.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:37   Link #50
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wonder if this could entail them discovering the truth about Lelouch. I can't help but think they would react in a bad way though.

Old 2008-06-24, 20:37   Link #51
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Yeah, that's probably it more or less, unless sunrise is simply THAT cruel ... Shirley is going to have to learn a harsh lesson either way and it probably won 't be easy for her, and this time around, Lelouch can't make her stay in her current state, for the better or worse.
Yeah, I get the feeling that the whole making her forget thing is about to come around and bite him on the ass. Making her forget completely about him seemed a little extreme in my opinion.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:40   Link #52
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I don't think that will be undone entirely. She'll probably remember the letter or something.

Old 2008-06-24, 20:44   Link #53
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, I get the feeling that the whole making her forget thing is about to come around and bite him on the ass. Making her forget completely about him seemed a little extreme in my opinion.
If she recovers her past memories, she'd probably react badly - she isn't a very strong character as such mentally after all and she wasn't happy at the end of season 1 when she spoke to Kallen and Zero, so...
Old 2008-06-24, 20:45   Link #54
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
If she recovers her past memories, she'd probably react badly - she isn't a very strong character as such mentally after all and she wasn't happy at the end of season 1 when she spoke to Kallen and Zero, so...
Lelouch better find those pictures of hers again, just in case she freaks out if he tells her.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:47   Link #55
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Lelouch better find those pictures of hers again, just in case she freaks out if he tells her.
Didn't he burn them? At least I seem to recall that he did try to erase any evidence that his existence had ever been all that special to her...
Old 2008-06-24, 20:47   Link #56
Var
Banned

Quote:
It's fully possible for her friendship with Lelouch to end. If she's really come to suspect him and calls out Suzaku, it really seems like she's losing her faith in Lelouch.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:48   Link #57
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I thought he would have taken them and burned them along with that diary of hers. It would be ironic and somewhat cruel if his friends found out and rejected him for it. Milly didn't seem to hate Kallen or anything though.

Old 2008-06-24, 20:49   Link #58
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Either way, we'll find out when the episode airs, won't we? Although I'm hoping that it won't destroy their friendship.

As for the pictures, we never see what happens to them. We know he burned her diary, but that's it.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:50   Link #59
Var
Banned

Quote:
Either way, we'll find out when the episode airs, won't we? Although I'm hoping that it won't destroy their friendship.
I don't either, I'm simply putting forth the possibility. Spoilers are of course vague on purpose and all we can draw from them are loose conjectures.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:52   Link #60
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I don't either, I'm simply putting forth the possibility. Spoilers are of course vague on purpose and all we can draw from them are loose conjectures.
While I know previews are played so the audience is drawn to the next episode, I'm beginning to think they also play them because they enjoy driving us insane trying to figure them out.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories