AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-17, 20:21   Link #101
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistypearl View Post
Does Soul want to be the most powerful death scythe? That's what was said in EP. 1...
Probably, but after seeing ep 28 I think he's looking for power.
Old 2008-10-18, 00:17   Link #102
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Well Soul's voice is hot , but I dunno about Roxas. I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Probably, but after seeing ep 28 I think he's looking for power.
Gah I haven't watched ep 28 yet. Poor me.

It would be sweet if he's looking for power . Especially if he's doing that for his meister's sake.
Old 2008-10-18, 03:05   Link #103
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

He is doing it for Maka, he seems that he wants to be strong enough to protect her without her having to "use" him as a weapon.
Old 2008-10-19, 23:01   Link #104
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

^ when you said that I remembered

Spoiler:

Sometimes I'm confused. He's searching power because of 'his meister' , or because 'she's Maka'? It's different you know.

Spoiler:

Gah my question is being more nonsense. Sorry for that , but I'm curious
Old 2008-10-19, 23:42   Link #105
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I personally wanna see Soul be able to fight without turning into a weapon. All he needs really is to learn some martial arts, and incorporate his transformation into it.
Old 2008-10-20, 00:01   Link #106
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Ah I want to see that too. Oh wait , did he do it once when he battled with Free?

but if he is able to do that , he won't partner with Maka
Old 2008-10-20, 03:01   Link #107
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He did it against Kid. He and Black Star only won thanks to a fluke and Kid's severe OCD.
Old 2008-10-21, 11:59   Link #108
lmd_84

He can do it, but his technique in the Kid fight involved partly transforming and charging at him. Not at all difficult to dodge or react against. At least if you're mister obsessive shinigami-boy.

I think what would be useful for Soul if he wants to fight on his own is to take some tips from Justin Law, who apparently has never had a Technician. Their Weapon forms have blades in common at least, so it could be something he could look into. Can't see Justin disagreeing if the subject came up.
Old 2008-10-22, 03:59   Link #109
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

^ But as I say , if he's able to do that , he won't need Maka anymore -_-" and then , Soul Eater story ends. Final.
Old 2008-10-22, 12:40   Link #110
lmd_84

I think that perspective does Soul something of a disservice, because you're implying he's only using Maka to get power, and would throw her away if a better opportunity came about. I for one think there's more to their relationship than that. No to mention I really can't see Soul being genuinely that callous. I'm not his biggest fan, but he seems for the most part to have good intentions.

For a start, Maka began her whole 'strength' issue on the back of Soul's injury in episode 8. At the time, Soul was convinced it was the place of the Weapon to have the strength to protect the Technician, hence why he got slashed across the chest in the first place. I think the second Crona fight demonstrated that they really are willing to work for one another, to protect one another, not just themselves.
Old 2008-10-23, 05:37   Link #111
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

No no , you misunderstand. Or maybe I put it in wrong words. What I mean is , if he can fight on his own , he won't need a tech just like Justin. Because I don't know many about Soul's past , I can't say what is the real reason of him searching power.

But yes , I'm agree that Soul won't throw Maka like that. That's why I said "if" , right?
Old 2008-10-23, 10:24   Link #112
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Soul's desire for power isn't for something selfish, its for Maka's sake.
Old 2008-10-23, 21:05   Link #113
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

And Maka longing for power is also for Soul's sake, She wanted to be strong so he doesn't have to get hurt.
Old 2008-10-24, 03:02   Link #114
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
No no , you misunderstand. Or maybe I put it in wrong words. What I mean is , if he can fight on his own , he won't need a tech just like Justin. Because I don't know many about Soul's past , I can't say what is the real reason of him searching power.

But yes , I'm agree that Soul won't throw Maka like that. That's why I said "if" , right?
I think the others have said it better than I have: Maka and Soul are looking for strength, but in order to protect one another, not for selfish reasons.

I misunderstood your comment about Soul getting to a point where he could fight single-handed, as I thought you were claiming he's only interested in power alone. I think if he did get to that point, rather than not having a Tech, Soul would use that skill to contribute to him and Maka as a team.

The way these two work together and have come to understand one another and their motives is why I like them as characters in the series.
Old 2008-10-26, 03:20   Link #115
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I'm looking forward to see Soul and Maka as a team indeed , not only just a tech and a weapon.

Ah by the way , I noticed this recently ; is Soul shorter than Maka? Or am I seeing things?
Old 2008-10-26, 03:31   Link #116
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Quote:
Ah by the way , I noticed this recently ; is Soul shorter than Maka? Or am I seeing things?
No .... no .... Soul is taller a bit,, Soul always walk like L in Death Note, so He looks shorter than Maka,,

I was Think same as you before,,
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-10-26, 08:29   Link #117
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Really? I think he's taller because of his hair but when I look the recent eipsode , I think he got taller. Or maybe that's because of his clothes? His new appearance makes him more..adult.
Old 2008-10-26, 10:36   Link #118
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Quote:
Really? I think he's taller because of his hair but when I look the recent eipsode , I think he got taller. Or maybe that's because of his clothes? His new appearance makes him more..adult.
Maybe ... But,, I prever like his old Outfit,, I want jacket like his
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-10-26, 11:43   Link #119
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katocchi View Post
Maybe ... But,, I prever like his old Outfit,, I want jacket like his
His jacket looks like he plays for a football team

Also why shouldn't Soul be able to fight by himself, if he increases his speed all he'll need to do is transform his arm and attack.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-10-30, 12:00   Link #120
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

okay now when I re-watch Soul Eater , I started to think this pairing relationship is like a master and a servant. -_-"
Closed Thread