AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 21:09   Link #81
teelatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I looked through the first episode and... I must be stupid... not a single scene made me laugh. I barely even got a smile!

Can someone please point out the scenes they loved the most so I could check them again, maybe I had missed actual good parts 0_0

I guess show has same flat humor as Gintama... not funny.
Please add a "for me" at the end of your comment because a lot of people find Gintama funny (dying out of suffocation funny even).

And since the director is the same the delivery of the jokes will be very similar, probably not up to your tastes.

Personally I loved how at the start they parodied any anime with your no-personality protagonist running late just to put in some nonsense like running late eating curry and ramen, and end it all saying that if there was no magic and gundams it was going to be boring. And how they trolled tadakuni into wearing a skirt XD

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.
teelatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:32   Link #82
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
[indent]Hidenori says: "The wind is troubled today."

*The immediate thoughts that passes Hidenori*
<Oh man, now I wanna die. What the hell was that? It wasn't even embarrassing. I just.... wanna die. Am I in for it?>

Quote:
*mystery-girl-who-likes-to-sit-behind-a-guy-she-never-met-before stands up to deliver her comeback*

mystery-girl-who-likes-to-sit-behind-a-guy-she-never-met-before says:

Quote:
The hilarity about this two spoken lines are the randomness of it all. They didn't make any sense what so ever to each other, and yet how awkward and troubled each were by a situation they both created. Hidenori's straight face cracked me up even more when he is furiously debating inside of his head what to say, and after a lengthy deliberation the best thing he could come up with was "the wind is troubled today."
Atleast he didn't fail to meet literature girl's expectations.

Old 2012-01-11, 21:38   Link #83
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
If its half as good as school rumble then its worth the try at least 1 ep.
Ehhh, from the premiere I think it really has a chance to be much better than it. It's a different kind of comedy from school rumble, so why not check it out and see if it's to your taste? I can tell people that if they enjoyed Gintama they'll probably enjoy this because both feel really similar.

The only thing to keep in mind is that everyone only saw 1 episode so far, so as far as comparisons go no one can honestly tell you how it's gonna stack up to school rumble. There's only a certain number of times jokes can be repeated before it gets stale, and many comedies fail halfway through because it got boring to keep seeing similar gags. Case in point I always felt school rumble jumped the shark in the 2nd season, plus there was only so far you could really take misunderstandings before it got stale.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:08   Link #84
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

This anime reminds me of Cromartie High School. Takanori is like Maeda, always the victim caught up in the act at the expense of others. Even then Cromartie at least had some sort of a flow. So far it's okay, it would be good if all the acts were somewhat connected. I will watch more to see if it gets better.

I can't even compare this to School Rumble even if the same director is involved in making this. The source material is totally different and working in different humours to slightly different audiences. School Rumble had so much energy and liveliness because it had tonnes of visual humours while this one seems to be set on situational and wordplay humours.

I always say people are entitled to their opinions. Especially with jokes, it's hard to please everybody.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:33   Link #85
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Random Gundams out of nowhere. Cross-dressing. Virgin power. Ume/Oshiroi hybrid. Sugita being Sugita.

I don't know what the hell I just watched, but it was awesome. Can't wait for more.
They are not gundams, they are Gundam Zakus...(What in The world is that rifle, i thought zakus don't bring those as they are cannonfodders.(Other than Bernard's zaku custom))

But Gintama is modern+old times...they don't match each other

Err....i don't get the ones underlined....
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:01   Link #86
larethian

I see no one mentioning about the half-priced items in the convenience store.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 00:17   Link #87
HandofFate

Did she hit the guy about the potato chips because he ruined the mood?
Old 2012-01-12, 06:22   Link #88
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Did she hit the guy about the potato chips because he ruined the mood?
More or less, yes. When a girl wants to hear talks for frivolous things such as how hard the wind is blowing, a guy shouldn't be interjecting with topic such as half priced potato chips. By neglecting on the proper etiquette, Tadakumi was asking for a beating. He learned a valuable lesson here.

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 07:18   Link #89
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
More or less, yes. When a girl wants to hear talks for frivolous things such as how hard the wind is blowing, a guy shouldn't be interjecting with topic such as half priced potato chips. By neglecting on the proper etiquette, Tadakumi was asking for a beating. He learned a valuable lesson here.

He didn't read the atmosphere
Old 2012-01-12, 07:55   Link #90
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I'm glad I followed my friend recommendation to watch this. I laughed so hard. My favorite part on the first episode was the scary story, especially Yoshitake's XDD

At first I thought Hidenori character will play the role similar like Nichijou's Mai, where he will be the most calm and never get his friend to make him go nuts. I relieved he's not Mai, he's much better and funnier XD

Definitely on weekly watch list this season
Old 2012-01-12, 10:08   Link #91
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I see no one mentioning about the half-priced items in the convenience store.
Maybe Tadakumi just went to a store where the Ben-To cast was fighting, half priced foods are a HUGE deal there, and it make any other topics seem trivial.
Old 2012-01-12, 12:28   Link #92
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Tadakuni can't live it down, a big portion of Life of Highschool Boys fanart in pixiv are about him wearing his sister's skirt.
Old 2012-01-12, 13:39   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Ever since his fate zero review I sometimes check out what Carlo Santos has to say on anime,not because I value his opinion, but because sometimes they make me laugh just as much as this episode

Take his review of this show

What makes it funnier is that he gave another show with no plot (nichijou) 4.5/5
There's really only one way to make the ANN reviews be at all useful for you and that is to find the person with the closest taste to your own and follow only them. In my case it's someone who isn't writing for this season which is Gia Manry. Carlo though is pretty much my go to guy for anti-taste and to a somewhat lesser extent Carl Kimlinger. If he dislikes something there's a good chance I'll end up liking it and if he likes something there's a pretty good chance I'll want nothing at all to do with it at all if I haven't already picked it up. However, I'm also pretty sure he could just in fact be a flat out bad inconsistent reviewer for a similar reason to what you pointed out and therefore try not to take too much from what he says period. Don't worry though people on the ANN boards are just as confused as they/we always are with the clusterfuck of conflicting opinions that is the ANN season preview so it's not just us. ANN loves to project this air of vast knowledge and experience when it comes to writing reviews and act like they know best on how to properly inform the public, but the facade isn't really holding up of late.

In any case not sure what else to say. The show is pretty funny if you aren't immediately hostile towards it in that gives you chuckles sort of way. If you're the sort of person that needs cute girls to enjoy this sort of show though then this is one to steer clear of. That's my short take.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 13:53   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm fine with folks not liking this because it's not about cute girls, which is just as valid as me not liking the fact that 90% of all shows are. Just don't begrudge the fact that someone actually decided to make a show that's different than almost everything else, and doesn't make the male characters gender-neutral to appeal to the same audience that likes those 90% of shows. Anime is a big enough medium that there should be something for everyone's tastes.

Of course, none of that would matter if this series weren't funny - fortunately, it really is. In the end that's really all that matters - I'll watch a cute girls show if its well-written.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:16   Link #95
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
He didn't read the atmosphere
Or a wind gauge.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:25   Link #96
paladinenvec

OMG i haven't laughed that much in a looong time truly an excellent anime so far, the best part for me was the :
Spoiler for Spoiler:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 01:15   Link #97
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

This show is a riot! It's like School Rumble before it walked that dreadful filler path. I can't wait for more!
Old 2012-01-14, 04:28   Link #98
Ami-chan
Raging Ami-chan Fanboy

You know, I dropped Gintama because it just had too many episodes for the show it was. I loved the show -- great overarching plot that tied in with the whimsical episode-by-episode humor when it needed to -- but it was just too much of a commitment and it wasn't One Piece. But this show is hilarious, and it's only 12 episodes. I was cracking up, thinking about how much it reminded me of Gintama, only to see why that would be so :P Sold. Also, epic ED is epic.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/mrjasonpark/Sigs%20and%20Avys/Momo-01-1.jpg
Ami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:24   Link #99
DorkingtonPugsly

This is the first anime that's me laugh so much in a long time. Oh man, it's great! After the first initial scene of randomness and hearing Sugita Tomokazu's voice again, I knew this was gonna be a funny one for me. And I had no idea the director of Gintama was directing this, but yes, I definitely felt the Gintama vibes/pace throughout the episode. This one's gonna be my comedic break from all the rest of the stuff i'm watching this season.
Old 2012-01-15, 22:55   Link #100
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm fine with folks not liking this because it's not about cute girls, which is just as valid as me not liking the fact that 90% of all shows are. Just don't begrudge the fact that someone actually decided to make a show that's different than almost everything else, and doesn't make the male characters gender-neutral to appeal to the same audience that likes those 90% of shows. Anime is a big enough medium that there should be something for everyone's tastes.

Of course, none of that would matter if this series weren't funny - fortunately, it really is. In the end that's really all that matters - I'll watch a cute girls show if its well-written.
Dude screw that mollycoddling. Let's just say it, less and less shows are really aimed for guys who are not moe-heads. I mean that's just the way the industry has gone the past decade (this is obvious). If you are into it, that's PERFECTLY FINE. it's legit. It's just THATS ALL THEYVE MADE THE PAST FEW YEARS. And to me it's friggin annoying and repetitive.

Which is why this show is awesome in my view. It's a SOL from the DUDES perspective. and no forced drama, just dudes acting like dudes doing a buncha random dumb shit. This speaks to me more as a 23 year old guy who not hard on the latest stuff hyped by Megami.

Then you add in the EXCELLENT comedic timing by director Shinji Takamatsu and great seiyuu acting (Sugita FTW!!!!!) And this is a crackerjack comedy show.

Ami-Chan made great point about Gintama too. I LOVED that show in college and every once in a while I 'll watch a repeat but just like most long ass sitcoms, you just kinda get tired of it. Don't know why, cause I think the quality is still high. Guess it just lost the new car smell. And it is true, Takamatsu's shows can be rather manic in tone. But so can stuff like Family Guy or Tex Avery. All depends on how it rubs ya.

I think my detente with anime is over, this is real refreshing in a lot of ways. Put it down as a keeper for me.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, satire