AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-08-22, 06:46   Link #1
CygnusX

Nana to Kaoru (Nana and Kaoru's SM diary)

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=22343

Another manga of Amazume Ryuta, the same author as Toshiue no Hito (An older woman)

Genre: Comedy, Ecchi, Mature, Romance, School Life

Quote:
Kaoru is a 17-year old virgin who has a SM fetish. He always dreams about a SM relationship with his childhood friend Nana. One day Kaoru's mom decides to hide all his SM toys so he'll study for a change, by asking Nana to hide his toys. Nana finds the leather one-piece that Kaoru bought and tries it on but she accidentally locks it and doesn't have the key!
After reading "Toshiue no Hito" and wanting more, I looked for mangas from the same author. This one piqued my interest. A manga about SM without being hentai?

I was very pleasantly surprised. Every chapter is funny, lets me tremble from excitement and makes me want to know more about what will happen, since the end of each chapter usually is a major cliffhanger.

It's a pity that only 8 chapters are out so far, but chapters release on a pretty regular basis, about twice a month. I hope it will stay like this and keeps on getting translated.

For sure, this one scores very high on my reading-list and I recommend this to anyone who likes romance manga's but wants something different than the often too-much-stretched struggle for a couple to get together, instead skip to the exciting part of a relationship and at the same time stay within the boundaries of ecchi manga, not hentai.
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 10:37   Link #2
ZODDGUTS

Yeah been enjoying reading this manga love how the romance is being handle in this series quite different with the whole S&M having a major part of it.

I wonder if they'll introduce another character so that they'll be a love triangle. Wouldn't be suprise if the class president actually likes Nana and will ask her out. Maybe this will cause Kaoru to be a bit more extreme maybe they'll be whipping involve during one of the "breather's".
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 20:01   Link #3
Ultenth

Ch 9 just came out. Been following this one for a bit. Never been much into S&M, but I love the way the mangaka presents it, does a really amazing job of building tension and a proper mood. I'd love to see more of this and Toshiue no Hito scanned, I really like Amazume Ryuta's work.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 16:09   Link #4
Falkor

chapters 11-12 have been scanlated....

they are continuing with the bondage "exercises" ... oh my... "not safe for work"
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 02:19   Link #5
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
;_; 4-10 are unreachable. NCIS has no DDLs anywhere...

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 12:52   Link #6
Ultenth

try mangafox or mangatraders
Old 2008-12-27, 17:30   Link #7
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX View Post
For sure, this one scores very high on my reading-list and I recommend this to anyone who likes romance manga's but wants something different than the often too-much-stretched struggle for a couple to get together, instead skip to the exciting part of a relationship and at the same time stay within the boundaries of ecchi manga, not hentai.
To be fair, the "will they or won't they" is still there. They're not officially a couple.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 08:13   Link #8
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

How come the usual ecchi flockers dont swamped this thread yet?

Westlo, Bonta, Tempest ... where the hell are you guys
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 10:22   Link #9
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Maybe they're not into BDSM stuff. I know I'm not, but this series has it done in a "softer" fashion than what I've seen. And this is tolerable enough for me to enjoy the characters and their interactions.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 07:44   Link #10
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Same here. BDSM usually scares me away, but it's ok in this one (I'll even hazard a "cute" quantifier for some scenes). I hope it'll remain this way
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 08:00   Link #11
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Probably due to the characters. Nana isn't an irrational sex-starved nympho whose switch was flipped by rape. Kaoru, while drawn to the trappings of SM, actually cares for Nana.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 10:36   Link #12
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder what sort of things Kaoru has planned for Nana.
Old 2009-02-02, 19:17   Link #13
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so i read this because i saw it was featured on MT... it has the exact same feel as h-mangas, but without the h. it boggled my mind..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 11:19   Link #14
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just got through reading this. This is pretty good. I usually hate guys like Kaoru, but when they actually have feelings for the girl char, I like them. And there's something really sexy about Nana sticking out her tongue. I like to see the lust in their expressions, but it's even better here, since Nana isn't some kind of slut. Still,
Spoiler for chp 14:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 14:20   Link #15
Ultenth

The most recent chapter finally shows some decent progress between the two, as well as probably the sexiest non-hentai scenes ever in a manga (and probably hotter than 90+% of hentai scenes as well).
Old 2009-03-24, 14:57   Link #16
CygnusX

Yeah chapter 15 was pretty nice and surprising to me. The chapter consists of different phases too... which makes the pace go faster it seems ....

Spoiler:

So nice chapter and really curious about the next "breather"

Nana to Kaoru still is one of my running favourites next to Girlfriends and Umi no misaki ... oh and ofcourse don't forget Unbalance x2 which stands at the top!
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 23:55   Link #17
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Lol'd at the end of ch 15. Though I have a gut feeling this series due for some of the usual "shenanigans" these high school stories have...

Also, is the mangaka still making doujin/h-manga? It'd be nice to have another Inazuma out there.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 20:42   Link #18
ZODDGUTS

Wow things will get really interesting next chapter. Wonder if the new girl will join in the breathers as well. Don't think she'll use what she knows now to blackmail both the Nana and Kaoru as she is the type to want to win fair in a match with Nana. If she does join in this could develop jealousy from Nana...
Old 2009-07-02, 11:10   Link #19
ellifeedn
Thinker

New girl? Wow, I haven't check on this series for a while.
Old 2009-07-08, 20:22   Link #20
ZODDGUTS

New girl:

Spoiler for Ch 19:

Things are going the way I expected with this chapter.

Tags
bondage play, romance, seinen