AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-04, 04:19   Link #161
Dansen
U-u-u-aua

I realize I'm bumping a really old topic, but after struggling for an hour trying to get this Ch 6-7 patch to work, I found out how to make it work.

Apparently the onscripter from the patch doesn't work (at least for me), when I try to open it up it does the "onscripter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" thing. So what I did was copy the onscripter.exe used in the Onikakushi-hen patch by Sonozaki Futagotachi into the folder with the patch contents and used that, and it works perfectly now...
Old 2009-04-04, 07:25   Link #162
Auria

Still won't work for me, I just see the 07th-expansion screen, then I can hear cicadas and a black screen >_> But could also be that I installed Matsuribayashi wrong. Nyan. 'Cause even the batch.dat won't work for me properly.
Old 2009-06-17, 21:45   Link #163
Kobukson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-smepai View Post
Does anyone have a link to one of the games for mac?
Answering an old question, but for the benefit of those who read after...

If you have a Mac, you can play Higurashi's VNs on it using Onscripter for Mac once Higurashi is installed. The way I did it was to using Parallels with the disc, installing it to the Desktop, and then using Onscripter by placing that app within the folder. But this would require you to have Windows & Parallels, along with the Higurashi disc. If you check out the website for one of the translation efforts (http://sonozakifutagotachi.blogspot....ting-game.html), they lead you to a place to pay for a legal download. I'm unsure how they arrange the files, but if they give you the installed game files, you would be able to play it on a Mac without having to do what I did.

Moving on from that, I was wondering if anyone could explain or give a detailed post on the current translations available up until this point, especially in terms of the Kai chapters. I've seen there is a group currently working to translate the first game and on Watanagashi-hen, but I noticed this thread talks about the Kai chapters and mentions it is incomplete.

So my questions are thus:

1. Does anyone have any download links still to the Kai translation efforts that were dropped?
2. Is anyone currently in the process of translating the Kai chapters?
3. Is there any interest in renewing an effort to translate the 4 chapters in the Kai game?
Old 2009-09-29, 08:41   Link #164
Realus

Sorry this isn't entirely in the right place (Although semi-related!), But I didn't really know of a better place to ask in.
If there was a general "Higurashi Game" section. I think I either missed it (In that case I'm sorry x_o) or it's way dead. And I don't like to necro things that much.

I watched the anime, loved it. And now want to play the game. (Even more so now that I learned that it was so butchered)
What version should I get?

Spoiler for For Length. The choices I'm deciding over.:

Thanks if you take the time to answer.
I need to know what to buy, and if needed (patches) what to research on.
Old 2009-09-29, 10:09   Link #165
Orophin

This thread is dead since the Hinamizawa Club dropped the project. Here's the new translation thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=63905

Personally, I would play the fan-translation made by Sonozaki Futago-tachi first and then wait until mangagamer release the other arcs (hoping that their translation will be good). Onikakushi-hen is free so you can start playing it right now if you want to without buying anything. You can get the game here with the english patch pre-installed.

Now, about Kizuna, I haven't played it but I know that it differs from the original in some ways so you might want to play both if you're a hardcore fan. The most notable difference is that Kizuna combine some of the arcs into a branching story while the original was completely linear. Shion from Sonozaki Futago-tachi gave her impressions on the first Kizuna game so you can read that if you want. And yes, the DS is region free.

So yeah, I would personally go with the original if you only want to play one version of Higurashi. You might not like the amateur looking art at first but I can assure you that they will grow on you after a while.
Old 2010-04-29, 18:51   Link #166
Shamisen
Talking Cat

Weird. I had the 6-7 chapters patch from so many years ago back when the group was still up and I'm actually finally reading it right now. Now that I've finished Tsumihoroboshi-hen. Funny how I find this thread after so long.

Sorry for reviving it, anyway. Just thought people would need it about now if they're impatient. ;P
Closed Thread