AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-11, 15:23   Link #81
Kutra

Awrya@ Go here
Old 2012-05-11, 17:09   Link #82
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
Awrya@ Go here
Thanks, didn't notice them at all

GR sounds like he read GTO and tried imitating him (without the teacher part)
Cao Cao lost to Oppai missle, feel the shame...

Edit: Not sure whether Ophis was simply frustrated that she couldn't chase out GR now that they are in the dimensional gap or she was seriously trying to deal some kind of damage with her patting
Old 2012-05-11, 17:15   Link #83
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Edit: Not sure whether Ophis was simply frustrated that she couldn't chase out GR now that they are in the dimensional gap or she was seriously trying to deal some kind of damage with her patting
I think the author is just trying to build up Ophis' image as a cute naive loli tsundere.

The summary I translated didn't mention about sealing Ophis' power to the level of a slightly strong dragon, but I guess the assessment of a cute mascot character shouldn't be too far off.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-05-11, 17:25   Link #84
Soji

Quote:
Thanks, didn't notice them at all

GR sounds like he read GTO and tried imitating him (without the teacher part)
Cao Cao lost to Oppai missle, feel the shame...
Honestly ,Cao_cao was really naive that time. Come on fall for something like this
Also i want to point out that again Rias oppai save him lol.Just this time was a toy

Quote:
I think the author is just trying to build up Ophis' image as a cute naive loli tsundere.
Why tsundere? because how she act toward gr?
Old 2012-05-11, 18:21   Link #85
ccie20012

my 5 cents.
I do not understand why you have a claim to the Rias, that she was not first said - "I love you." In my opinion she honestly expecting that Iseei will make first. She said this in the 10th volume.

With regard to fear. It's from the area of ​​psychoanalysis. IMHO from the 10th volume - it's fear to build a strong (serious) relationship between man and woman. That is because Issei feeds to the Rias special feelings - he does not show (or it does not show) this fear. It's impossible: Issei say Rias - I'm have "love phobia" or something like that.
This is because the Rias - a target for Issa.

Issei has an inferiority complex (servant/junior). He even compares himself to the pet.
Rias does not understand this complex - for Rias - Issei knight in shining armor who will rescue her.

I want to say can not be replaced in the Rias to Akeno or Asia or Koneko ... - There will always be Rias and others.
Old 2012-05-11, 22:04   Link #86
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@v8 Hell-Teacher Azazel has been slightly updated (Ise's fantasy about being Akeno's husband has been translated, not much past that). I'm kinda surprised that Ise hit Gasper, and insulted him (though it was more scolding than insulting).
Old 2012-05-11, 22:16   Link #87
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
I'm agreeing with most of what you have written, but:

It is true Kiba couldn't damage Ise in BB in a spar, but it was only a spar, where Kiba used a normal holy-demonic sword. Ise can't keep up with Kiba, so for every punch he throws out Kiba hits him several times.

Part of Kiba's strength lies in his versatility, making a sword with the most useful property at the right time as well as exchanging them to confuse the enemy. If Kiba ever fought BB Ise seriously using swords with dragon slaying properties, he could simply wear out Ise slowly with Ise unable to hit back. At the very least, Kiba can evenly compete with BB Ise.
Exactly it was only a spar. If it was a acutal fight Issei can use dragon shot and one shot Kiba and even if Kiba dodges the massive area of effect will injure Kiba. He can use the boasted flame attack with a massive area of effect to kill Kiba. On the other hand Kiba has to create a sword and rush up to Issei to hit him. Oh and if he gets hit he dies. The only way to get past Issei would be to use a dragon slayer sword. Even those would have a hard time getting through Issei's armor. His only advantage is speed and Issei isn't slow enough for Kiba to blitz. It's bluntly in BB Issei's favor no matter what.

This is even shown in there battles. Kiba and Zenovia lost horribly against Siegfried who was weaker then Cao Cao. BB Issei kept up with Cao Cao. Then Kiba, Zenovia and Rossweisse together had a hard time dealing with Sariaorg and ultimately the best they could do was cut of a arm. BB Issei kept up with Sairaorg and could've bested him with Trianna. Then in volume 11 Cao Cao had to specifically deal with Issei using the strategy of targeting a weaker member to get Issei to block using a weaker mode. Cao Cao didn't even regrad Kiba as much of a threat to use strategy against him.

Sorry but no matter how I see it BB Issei>Kiba by a good marigin until Kiba gained Gram. That might've changed things but since Issei gotten Ophis and GR his power should've increased once more.
Old 2012-05-11, 22:38   Link #88
sky black swordman

ccie20012 ^ the first part huh?
Are you saying has intimacy issues ?

On the "Issei has an inferiority complex (servant/junior). He even compares himself to the pet.
Rias does not understand this complex - for Rias - Issei knight in shining armor who will rescue her."

Well Issei problems started with Yuma the first girl to to him confess her love for him ( although a complete lie ) and from what we knew the only that ever talk to him or show interest in him who is a bit of pervert and has reputation as one and the fact that his friends are just as or more perverted then him plus he at the time had experience with talk girl or with girls in general. To Issei , Yuma is his first love and GF then one at one point thought marrying if possible in the future. Yuma then kills him.
He is then reborn as a devil courtesy of Rias and then fights his first love who tells him how she really feel about him and calling low class devil, telling that the date he put his whole heart in to planning was so boring among other things. At this time Ise still despite the fact that she killed him and killed Asia he still his first loved and was the one in his heart. So being told all these things by her left a very deep impression in his heart and in his mind. From all of this was born his truma and fear of get close to girls or more to the point beautiful girls fearing they will do the same things Yuma did to him. Fearing if he tried anything they would just hate him or laugh at him.

The other thing is how his relationships started with each of the girls
Rias treated him like a little brother, servant , junior and a from the fact that she was his master a pet. thats how he sees his relationship with her even after vol 2 when she fall in love with him. He belives that all of rias actions and affection as that toward a pet dispite the fact after vol 2 it is no longer the way she sees him.

I have a lot more about rias and the other girls but I ll make this quick.
His relationship with Asia a big brother and little sister he must protect for life and protect her even if it may cost him his life.

His relationship with akeno she sees him as her junior who she likes to in her S mode enjoy teasing him, playing with him and likes provoking rias jealousy all her acitons to him are just this things.

Koneko at begining disliked him for peverted nature so when she falls for him he thinks that Koneko is finnaly warming up to him.

Xenovia a girl with knowlege of real life who wants his genes for strong babies.

Irina his childhood friend who has been influence by Xenovia in think that bearing Ise children maybe help heaven and maybe what archangel michael wants.

On some of the other girls the jury is still out on them.

Remmember with Rias and Akeno they are the most beautiful and popular onee sama's in the whole school. Added to Rias the fact that she a devil princess there is the problem of status .
To Ise, Rias and Akeno are two girls out of his reach two girl he does not have a chance with. In vol 5 during his training he thinks about confessing to them only to think they will just give him a "sorry" as a response to it .

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-05-12 at 05:58.
Old 2012-05-12, 09:31   Link #89
JAGI_X

About Rias when she said her last wish i think she mean that this is her last year in school so she wants to go on date with Issei and you know once you graduate from school you will sometime be busy in university right.
Old 2012-05-12, 09:36   Link #90
zzhk
Summary Machine

Or it could simply be the last wish that Rias expressed to Ise.

Last as in meaning previous.
Old 2012-05-12, 09:41   Link #91
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

The date is Rias' last wish before they got into the mess in Volume 11(the promise she gave to Ise before the Mid-class devil test and battle in the other dimension) so she might said "Last wish" in reference to that moment
Old 2012-05-12, 10:32   Link #92
JAGI_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
The date is Rias' last wish before they got into the mess in Volume 11(the promise she gave to Ise before the Mid-class devil test and battle in the other dimension) so she might said "Last wish" in reference to that moment
So thats why she said last wish but know she can finally go on date with Issei.
Hope the other members dont stalk them.
Old 2012-05-12, 11:39   Link #93
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Read the update of v11 life 4, Azazel dancing around after hearing Ise's plan was too funny, can't wait for the rest of that scene to be translated.
Old 2012-05-12, 11:48   Link #94
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Upon closer inspection of the illustrations of vol 12, I found something strange. I remember Ophis having a V in both her eyes. Looking at Rias and Ise hugging, Ise also has those eyes. I already checked the other pictures of Ise and only the one on vol 12 has it. Ise is no doubt a Pure Blooded Dragon in my opinion.
Images
Ophis's eyes
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Ise's eyes

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-12 at 17:13. Reason: change to images tag
Old 2012-05-12, 11:57   Link #95
JAGI_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Upon closer inspection of the illustrations of vol 12, I found something strange. I remember Ophis having a V in both her eyes. Looking at Rias and Ise hugging, Ise also has those eyes. I already checked the other pictures of Ise and only the one on vol 12 has it. Ise is no doubt a Pure Blooded Dragon in my opinion.
Images
Ophis's eyes

Images
Ise's eyes
Yeah i think you right both Issei and Ophis had the same eye's now and if you compare them to other pic is total different.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-12 at 17:13.
Old 2012-05-12, 12:00   Link #96
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Reaper that's just a lighting effect on the eyes, has nothing to do with Ophis or Ise being a dragon. If you look at other pics the eyes have the same effect, just because the eyes may have a different shape the lighting effect can look different on each character.

The only character that doesn't seem to have that effect is Koneko which makes sense since she's a cat demon, cat's eyes reflect light differently than human eyes.
Old 2012-05-12, 12:06   Link #97
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It could be, there were moments when Ophis' eyes were not like that. It only appears when she is fighting. I could be very wrong, but it is still up to debate. When it comes to species in High School DXD, there are something that distinguish each of them from each other. Angels has a Halo, White Wings (Aside from Michael), and a Holy Aura. Fallen Angels has Holy Aura, Black Wings, and no Halo. Devils have Bat like Wings and Demonic Aura. Aside from Dragons looking what you expect of Dragons, what characteristics of a Humanoid Dragon like Ophis and Ise suppose to have to distinguish themselves from the 3 races other than their Dragon Pulse.
Old 2012-05-12, 12:07   Link #98
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Spoiler for Ophis's eyes:

Images
Ise's eyes
Images
picture from baka-tsuki
I'd say rather than a V form, their irises have a different shape than other beings.
Tanninim in dragon form has an iris resembling an ellipse, so dragon in general (dragon or humanoid form) have ellipse shaped irises.

Edit: Though that might just be light effects

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-12 at 17:14. Reason: added stuff
Old 2012-05-12, 12:08   Link #99
Kutra

ReaperxKingx@ All eyes are drawn in that way
Old 2012-05-12, 13:40   Link #100
zzhk
Summary Machine

As for the illustrations, it's just a lighting effect. Notice that Rias has the same effect in her eyes.
It's just that depending on angle, it resembles more of a semi-circle if viewed from the front, or compressed to a "v" if viewed from the side.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-12 at 17:10. Reason: removed off-topic
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen