AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 09:40   Link #37221
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Part 2.

Spoiler:

Romantic relationship?
Old 2012-09-29, 10:07   Link #37222
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Yes, I knew. Panzer Igel supposed to have solid cannon somewhere but I felt it'll be too odd, so I opted for recoiless launcher. (which work just fine, if not better than usual BFG) Since you took super robot path anyway, don't be too concerned with the limit (as long as the balance is maintained).

I rant a lot because as you know, I prefer real robot path, so, I hereby apologize

As for OC, yes and no. In this fandom, if they're not taking too much focus, readers either accept or ignore them. None of my OC is a main character, therefore, nobody even complain. Of course, even I want to give my OC their share of bread, but still afraid giving too much.

@ Eras
And thus we're entering the risky territory in grimdark story: romance. Honestly, I'm not complaining either way, I like how it brought and integrated to the plot, not like shipping tumor tend to sprout out of nowhere.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:12   Link #37223
Eratas123

Why risky?
Old 2012-09-29, 10:16   Link #37224
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I quote TvTropes here

Quote:

Love is a powerful emotion. It can completely change the way a character acts and thinks. It can be used to create drama, comedic relief, or suspense. Maybe the writer just wants to tug at the audience's heart in a way they couldn't with the rest of the story. Whatever the reason for introducing it, love is a powerful weapon in storytelling that can also make the audience feel okay with abrupt, arbitrary sex scenes.

However, like most weapons, a love story can be deadly in the wrong hands. Sometimes, a writer gets so caught up in wringing every last drop of blood out of their romantic stone that they forget they have a compelling A-story to tell. This results in a Romantic Plot Tumor: a comparatively weak romantic sub-plot overtakes the potentially more interesting main plot.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:23   Link #37225
Eratas123

Rather than mind breaking sex, I'm trying to focus more on how socially awkward both of them are. Byaku is a sheltered superweapon that hates to kill, while Kazuma's a clone of a dead pilot that's inherently violent and bloodthirsty. It's a bit of an odd twist of fate that Byaku just happened to be partnered with the last remaining perfect clone of her dead pilot.

That make sense? Any comments?
Old 2012-09-29, 10:26   Link #37226
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hey, I said it's fine. I only explain because you ask
Old 2012-09-29, 10:30   Link #37227
Eratas123

Nah, I'm just asking for feedback. There's no point to a story when nobody reads it, right? That's why I'm asking.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:36   Link #37228
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Seeing your review count I doubt it.

Besides, even if there's none, I'll always here to read (even if it's late sometimes)
Old 2012-09-29, 10:39   Link #37229
Eratas123

Yeah, but it's gonna be a while till i post that anywhere near fanfic.net. Right now you're may main/only reader for it.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:41   Link #37230
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, indeed.

Right now I'm in the need of someone with great knowledge of Ace Combat, for the sake of new fic (AU). But seeing there's none, I hit a wall again. Sigh.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:44   Link #37231
Eratas123

I know a decent amount. My friend's an ace combat addict who played when one of his arms was broken, so he talks about it a lot.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:45   Link #37232
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Great knowledge of which part of Ace Combat?
Old 2012-09-29, 10:55   Link #37233
Eratas123

I'm sleeping now. See you guys Tom/later.
Old 2012-09-29, 11:18   Link #37234
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ace combat Zero, 4 and 5. Still considering whether I'll use 4 or 5 as main setting, but 4 seems to be the most suitable, with Ichika as Mobius One. See my Sig.

My main concern is remembering the details of mission, every single detail is so blurry, even though I'm playing the damn game right now.

If I count Erusia being literal Europe, then having all-white antagonist will makes sense with mostly-Asian protagonist in the beginning (since I treat North point as Japan-equivalent, however, there will be Asian antagonist and western allies as the story progress). And of course, German cast is Belkan... who... well, you know...

Spoiler for AC0 ending:

So, can I still dream or should I abandon hope?

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-09-29 at 12:39.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:05   Link #37235
Eratas123

I mostly know Ace Combat Zero. Mostly cause I remember how much of a bitch fighting Pixy once and his uber cheap plane.
Old 2012-09-29, 18:30   Link #37236
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well IS does have elements of super robot so I guess I'm just really taking that into account

The Nagisako romance subplot is played for laughs mostly. I'm not quite so sure if I want to make it an actual progressing subplot.

:/
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:09   Link #37237
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
The 'Zero' section is mostly to reveal Chifuyu's past as Cipher/ Galm 1, and how history Repeat with Caledfwlch (Welsh for Excalibur). Pixy is in service of Delarus in canon as volunteering infantry in 2005 (AC4) and Cipher disapppear from history, but here, both of them has greater role...

@ Demi
If that's so, then these two might be fit
> Avoid using number, except for roman
> Use impossibly cool flashy name and shape.
Old 2012-09-29, 20:11   Link #37238
demino_hellsin
That one guy

gags aside, the proto-Schwarzer is only effective in combat since Clarissa is the one piloting it. Thus far the power ladder of the elder harem does not exist. It's more of a round robin good match up bad match up sort of thing
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:57   Link #37239
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So the combat section is mostly secondary, similar to ST

Anyway, when you see this plane and read the character list in my sig, who do you think fit the most as pilot?

@ Stratos
So, can you help?

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-09-29 at 21:12.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 21:28   Link #37240
Eratas123

Morning everyone

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest