AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-19, 13:52   Link #8081
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
That's an interesting idea, but I would have preferred a two-volume anime. It faithfully follows the first two volumes while hinting (teasing) about vol 3's events, and afterward the third volume is released as a pair of OVA's. Following this is a second season doing four and five, and so on and so forth.
Hmm... wouldn't that average to 1 episode per chapter? Isn't that kind of slow? My instincts scream at me "AHHHH you'll die of boredom!!!" :-/
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 14:45   Link #8082
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Hmm... wouldn't that average to 1 episode per chapter? Isn't that kind of slow? My instincts scream at me "AHHHH you'll die of boredom!!!" :-/
DxD did it and managed to make it work by throwing in a couple of short stories.
Old 2013-09-19, 17:52   Link #8083
shadow1296

Quote:
That's an interesting idea, but I would have preferred a two-volume anime. It faithfully follows the first two volumes while hinting (teasing) about vol 3's events, and afterward the third volume is released as a pair of OVA's. Following this is a second season doing four and five, and so on and so forth.
and light novel readers who watched would have hated the fact liliana's story wasn't in it and ena wasn't in it as well no matter how you look at it erica, yuri, liliana, and ena are the for main girls in the story they had to use volume 1, 2, 4, and 5, you're probably right the hinting and teasing of volume 3 might have been better but because that story was released as volume 3 in between volume that they had to animate because fans would have been pissed if they weren't and not as a later volume like the salvatore doni fight it was going to get animated
Old 2013-09-19, 18:16   Link #8084
Vezon

I would of love to see Godou and Doni fight!
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 18:36   Link #8085
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

If Diomedea or the Author is willing to make an OVA of the 11th Vol. of Campione!, that is.

Although, I want the series to have a reboot, you know.

I don't know how many years will it take to bloom or it won't come.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 07:32   Link #8086
kazzuya13

Quote:
There are thirteen episodes and the first episode is vol 3.

13 - 1 = 12

5 - 1 = 4

12 episodes and four volumes.
Did you forget that the final episode is an original.
Old 2013-09-20, 08:16   Link #8087
Kadi
知識の探求者

But it brings what they did to the V5 plot to a close...
Old 2013-09-20, 10:24   Link #8088
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
But it brings what they did to the V5 plot to a close...
Not really. They just put the foreshadowing in the anime to become the finale.
Old 2013-09-20, 14:58   Link #8089
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Did you forget that the final episode is an original.
No, but that original replaces what was supposed to happen in vol 5 at the end. Instead of the fight with Ama no Murakamo we got Metis.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:29   Link #8090
Breimoon

Quote:
No, but that original replaces what was supposed to happen in vol 5 at the end. Instead of the fight with Ama no Murakamo we got Metis.
didn't they fight metis after ama no murakamo? I'm forgetting things....when i have time should watch it again
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:08   Link #8091
moebius08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
didn't they fight metis after ama no murakamo? I'm forgetting things....when i have time should watch it again
I think metis absorbed ama no murakamo.
moebius08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 22:20   Link #8092
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Briefly before the show got hijacked Metis. It originally went Erica and Liliana vs Ena, Youth!Erica vs Possession!Ena, then Godou vs Ama no Murakamo. The anime skipped the first two and shortened the third drastically, and then Metis eats the damn thing and they fight her instead. Incidentally, the AthenaxGodou kiss and the GOLDEN SCYTHE OF AWESOME!!!!! are the only reasons I still liked that episode.
Old 2013-09-20, 22:38   Link #8093
Vezon

oh gosh watching episode 12 dub just made the youth scene way more uncomfortable for me. haha.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 06:42   Link #8094
Velsy

I have a question as a new person starting from volume one, chapter one - Roman Holiday.

Just finished part one and it feels like I have missed a big chunk of story ? Description said he was a baseball player who suffered a career ending injury. Is there a volume 0 or something ? What have I missed or is it suppose to start that way ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 06:48   Link #8095
Yami no Ou
まおう

its better if you read in Chronological order dude
Old 2013-09-24, 06:54   Link #8096
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I have a question as a new person starting from volume one, chapter one - Roman Holiday.

Just finished part one and it feels like I have missed a big chunk of story ? Description said he was a baseball player who suffered a career ending injury. Is there a volume 0 or something ? What have I missed or is it suppose to start that way ?
Strictly speaking, it started with V3 first, then proceeded to V11, before then going to V1 (well, sort of). It's not really chronological.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 07:02   Link #8097
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Strictly speaking, it started with V3 first, then proceeded to V11, before then going to V1 (well, sort of). It's not really chronological.
I see..

So I read volume 3 first, then volume 11, then back to volume 1 and continue from there

I dont really understand why they arnt in order in the first place.

Thank you for letting me know ^_^

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-09-24, 07:09   Link #8098
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

It's not exactly/fully anachronistic though. It's actually called In Media Res, it's a storytelling technique where you start in the middle of the story and tells the past little by little. Though I do not play it, I believe I have read that God of War used this too. There's a couple of reason why you do this, it can be to get it to the interesting parts or to make the reader feel curious or to make the story seems bigger or just the writer's preference.

It's up to you whether you want to go by publication or chronological order but honestly, I think it's better to go with publication order because I think that's how it was meant to be read, with build-ups and everything. In fact, I think that if you read V11 before the other Volumes, the part with Erica might not have full impact.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 08:37   Link #8099
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
It's not exactly/fully anachronistic though. It's actually called In Media Res, it's a storytelling technique where you start in the middle of the story and tells the past little by little. Though I do not play it, I believe I have read that God of War used this too. There's a couple of reason why you do this, it can be to get it to the interesting parts or to make the reader feel curious or to make the story seems bigger or just the writer's preference.

It's up to you whether you want to go by publication or chronological order but honestly, I think it's better to go with publication order because I think that's how it was meant to be read, with build-ups and everything. In fact, I think that if you read V11 before the other Volumes, the part with Erica might not have full impact.
Agreed on all accounts. Personally, I love the way it starts in V1. Not the translation, but that's a different issue and partially my fault, possibly in more than one way. Haven't thought too deeply about those ways though. ANYWAY. Uhh. Nothing new to say here, though. Velsy, just start with V1. I mean, it's not like it doesn't tell you what you need to know, is it? Or do you need every little piece of information in spoonfed in chronological order? (And there is the issue of impact...)

Change of topic! If I'm right, we'll get some info on V15 within the next 24 hours. I'll translate it asap and put it on the BT forums. If there's another side story, zzhk will probably translate it once a Chinese version is out, like last time.

(If I'm not right, I'm still pretty sure it won't take longer than 48 hours for the information to be released)

P.S.: Velsy, if you reach V12, don't worry if it confuses you. It's supposed to be the way it is and will make perfect sense soon enough.
Old 2013-09-24, 08:53   Link #8100
Velsy

I see

After those explnations, I think I will just continue volume one. Does feels a little awkard thrown into a story with no start, but hopefully the blanks get filled in.

I am kinda hoping it elabourates on his career ending injury. The pretense I was kinda hoping to this story, was his baseball dream was shattered after his injury (shattered emotionally too), only for a new door to awaken for this champion thing. Now learning of its unoridanary begining. I get the feeling its just going to bypass this :/

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem