AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2011-12-19, 21:00   Link #141
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Maybe switching the lines around would have changed a lot. It was my bad, I admit.
That said, the manga series was far superior to the anime series in my opinion.

And wow, I did not know that Yoshino was a mangaka.

By the way, Guilty Crown did not take my interest one bit, Kaoishin Sama. Even with supercell handling the theme songs.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 21:04   Link #142
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I liked the anime versions of mai hime and mai otome slightly better than the extremely fanservice manga version. And those 2 were also directed by Yoshino
Can we all just agree that only Seikon no Qwaser 2 anime was the only bad thing ever? I did mention I liked all most of works before.

There is just one more qualm I have: May he not splash this show with his breast/breastmilk fetish like what he did with Mai Otome(remember that manga where Erstin Ho's ultimate attack is....) and Seikon No Qwaser.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 21:12   Link #143
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I liked the anime versions of mai hime and mai otome slightly better than the extremely fanservice manga version. And those 2 were also directed by Yoshino
you bring out the interesting example, how can anyone judge that when Yoshino is responsible for script on both the anime and manga. The thing with Mai-franchise was that it was planned as a multimedia franchise to begin with and there is no canon debate since every version can be considered canon and there is not one established canon.

It's not like say FMA where the manga is the de facto canon, first TV series is a altered/butchered (depending on your view) adaption and second TV series faithful/rushed/lessor adaption. (again depend on your view)

Either way it still still just that one franchise that you didn't like yet both were a major hit on anime and manga. (what's interesting was that manga version of Mai-hime was better received than anime in East Asia while Mai-Otome was the opposite despite that Otome manga was positioned as continuation manga Hime while anime Otome was alternate reality of anime Hime.) And that's put it this way that both DVD special of Hime and Otome contains plenty of T&A and fan-service as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Maybe switching the lines around would have changed a lot. It was my bad, I admit.
That said, the manga series was far superior to the anime series in my opinion.

And wow, I did not know that Yoshino was a mangaka.

By the way, Guilty Crown did not take my interest one bit, Kaoishin Sama. Even with supercell handling the theme songs.
He's not, but in Japan there two types of mangaka. First type are mangaka that writes their own story like Oda, Togashi, Adachi, etc. most Shonen and Shojo mangaka does both the story and art and has bunch of assistats

Then there are the second type that only draws and the publisher partner them up with a writer for different project. These mangaka appears much more often in Seinen.

However some can also be found in Shonen and Shojo. The most notable Shonen mangaka is Takeshi Obata whose works Hikari no Go, Death Notes, Blue Dragon, Bakuman, are all written by another person and the writer he most often got paired up is Tsugumi Ohba (Bakumen and Death Note). Fumiya Sato is another famous shonen mangaka that only does art, Young Kindaichi's case Files and Detective Academy are both written by someone else, primarily by Seimaru Amagi (a premier manga writer who has tons of pen name depending on genre and artist includingTadashi Agi[Kami no Shizuku], Yuya Aoki[Getbacker], and Ryo Ryumon[Bloody Monday]). For Shojo, the most famous example is of course CLAMP, though that is a special case where a pen name represents a group of people.

You'll noticed on tankoban cover or raw chapters which will specially noted "draw by" and "written by".

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-12-19 at 21:59.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 20:09   Link #144
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

A new PV is out!!!
Old 2011-12-28, 20:53   Link #145
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
A new PV is out!!!
Definitely wasn't expecting loud rock music and disembodied voices for a trailer. Actually wasn't expecting any of what I saw in the trailer. It kind of looks like a powered armor show with the girl as possibly the one that bestows it upon the Cartman look alike. That marks at least 2 powered armor type shows happening next season. Also pigs.

Definitely starting to look like one of those strange quirky shows that Sunrise does every so often ala Sora Kake Girl or Sacred Seven.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 21:06   Link #146
Undertaker

The rock style music actually fit the theme pretty well. The story is center around a fast paced virtual reality MMO fighting game with fast action scene.

That and the bizarre but cute romance between the characters.
Old 2011-12-28, 21:15   Link #147
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Now thats a nice looking PV there. Definitely interested in this series now, despite my lack of knowledge on MMOs in general. I'm hopeful that there'll be plenty of nice action scenes courtesy of Sunrise.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 21:18   Link #148
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Definitely wasn't expecting loud rock music and disembodied voices for a trailer. Actually wasn't expecting any of what I saw in the trailer. It kind of looks like a powered armor show with the girl as possibly the one that bestows it upon the Cartman look alike. That marks at least 2 powered armor type shows happening next season. Also pigs.
You didn't read the synopsis for this shows, did you?

Quote:
Definitely starting to look like one of those strange quirky shows that Sunrise does every so often ala Sora Kake Girl or Sacred Seven.
Unlike those 2 shows, this series is more consistent.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 21:30   Link #149
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You didn't read the synopsis for this shows, did you?

Unlike those 2 shows, this series is more consistent.
No I know it's an internet game that they're playing just that it also looks like powered armor plays a role in the combat. Also did she not give him that powered armor then as some sort of super item? Their interaction looked kind of like the, "here have this mysterious power and sign a contract with me" variety, but given that their was no real dialogue they could have been talking about just about anything of course.

Also just for the hell of it

Spoiler for who wears less clothing:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-12-28 at 21:42.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:11   Link #150
Undertaker

I thought you already read the sypnosis and background info that I wrote?

If you need a bit of refresh, here's the post:

Background Info

BTW that is not how the Kuroyuki-Hime (the girl) dresses. It is just her school usenet avatar and Kuroyuki-Hime is just her nickname.

Just keep in mind that all the kids in that anime are basically human computers and it'll make the concept easier the understand.

Just think of it as a world where everyone is part of the network, kind like how Misaka Network works except everyone has their own individualism and is not forcefully bounded to the network.
Old 2011-12-29, 04:30   Link #151
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

After seeing that it definitely piqued my interest even more. Vibrant art and the animation looks like its going to be top notch aswell. Hell im not even bothered that he is going to sound like Shu, it was better then what i imagined for him.
ImagineThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 13:05   Link #152
tsunade666

Quote:
Also did she not give him that powered armor then as some sort of super item? Their interaction looked kind of like the, "here have this mysterious power and sign a contract with me"
Reminds me of form a contract with me and I'll grant your wish.

Fantastic animation!! I'm loving sunrise all over again. Darn Silver crow looks bad ass and Kuroyuki-hime is just plain cute sexy

I'm hearing Shoes everywhere... though art shoes why thus hunt me
Old 2011-12-29, 13:24   Link #153
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I don't mind fat man but his design could have been better. What with those big eyes & tiny pupil...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 13:44   Link #154
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
you bring out the interesting example, how can anyone judge that when Yoshino is responsible for script on both the anime and manga. The thing with Mai-franchise was that it was planned as a multimedia franchise to begin with and there is no canon debate since every version can be considered canon and there is not one established canon.
That was my point, for someting that he worked both on the difference is baffling. the manga version is more similar to his later work seikon no qwaser.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 16:14   Link #155
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I don't mind fat man but his design could have been better. What with those big eyes & tiny pupil...
ah... blame sunrise what studio is the one handling this again? it's the same with Horizon right?

They made Haruaki into little moe chubby little guy he should be at least shoulder height from what I read in one of the comments about him but for his eyes... well that's a normal for him his made to be the stereotype bullied and underdog character.
Old 2011-12-29, 17:37   Link #156
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Sunrise just took this chance to make the fat boy easier to animated hence the design
Old 2011-12-29, 23:07   Link #157
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah... blame sunrise what studio is the one handling this again? it's the same with Horizon right?

They made Haruaki into little moe chubby little guy he should be at least shoulder height from what I read in one of the comments about him but for his eyes... well that's a normal for him his made to be the stereotype bullied and underdog character.
His anime design looks exactly like the illustrations of him from the light novel.
Old 2011-12-30, 02:06   Link #158
Undertaker

The look and chubbiness is the same, but the height was different. The illustration in novel usually has him at Kuroyuki's shoulder length and so far the anime seems to have him at chest length, maybe even shorter.

Oh, well it's not the first time anime adaption of characters ends up with whacked up height. Kuroneko is the same height as Manami and only 5cm shorter than Kirino but in a lot of scenes she was drawn noticeably shorter than them. It more of a cherry-picking than anything else.

The only thing I worried is that by having Haruaki that short, how is it going to impact his pimping scenes.....
Old 2011-12-30, 08:37   Link #159
Marina2

I love new PV.

MC sure looks.....eh......"standout" from most MC I have seen.
Old 2011-12-30, 09:22   Link #160
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
His anime design looks exactly like the illustrations of him from the light novel.
I did say that that's normal for him but his height was considerably reduced into moe chubby height His like a meat ball round and round.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen