AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 07:46   Link #4201
zibi88

Well they dashed throught manga chapters in order to finish it how they did using few (changed) scenes of few chapters ^^

Like they changed the Road scene reading about Allen... normaly they (noahs and earl) were talking about that in chapter 158 but they dashed very fast without many things...

But if you want to read manga after the anime ended then start from chapter 156 (and current last chapter is 173)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 08:39   Link #4202
Marskatta
Kurosaki... I am...
*Graphic Designer

Sad ending...
Old 2008-10-02, 11:15   Link #4203
strategos

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
That never happened.
Longest break OP ever had was 3 weeks. And it had nothing to do with the gap.
OP is one of the highest rated animes in Japan, they wouldn't be insane to just let it go for months.
They did had long breaks. Twice. During the water 7/sea train/ Enies lobbies. They were very close each time. Even with the 4 episodes of flashbacks and the 2 special episodes. They were too close to the manga. each break took around 2 to 4 months each.

Not sure if this has been mention. But part of Dgrayman fillers also came from the novels. They kind of mix it together. Plus also the Noah in the fillers appears later on in the manga, that is Lulubel.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 12:03   Link #4204
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

About this last episode... it left so many questions unanswered... the only thing that concluded was the lvl 4 being destroyed. Why is Tiki still alive, who is Road's father and the most important one... did the Earl loose weight?.. Well i guess there is nothing to do other than wait for the next season. Lenalee's new hairstyle suits her much better.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 12:04   Link #4205
Vegard Aune

So, I just saw the last episode...
Well, I already knew that it would get a Claymore-ish "non-ending", but I feel that they pulled it off pretty well. Even though they didn't actually resolve the story, it still FELT like an ending, in a way. Also, the fact that they followed the manga until the very end (I wish they'd have included Tykki's line about how the Earl's human form didn't look like a villain who had turned the whole world against him, though) pretty much means that it's still possible that it might eventually continue, but in the meantime, I'm quite happy with reading the manga. I'll make sure to buy the DVDs once they come out, too.
Old 2008-10-02, 12:15   Link #4206
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
About this last episode... it left so many questions unanswered... the only thing that concluded was the lvl 4 being destroyed. Why is Tiki still alive, who is Road's father and the most important one... did the Earl loose weight?.. Well i guess there is nothing to do other than wait for the next season. Lenalee's new hairstyle suits her much better.
I was wondering about the fact that Road was calling the person next to her Father, though watching that scene again and again it seems like she was aiming the father remark at the Earl. I wonder if it was made much clearer in the manga.
Old 2008-10-02, 14:52   Link #4207
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Yea she aimed the father remark at the earl !
Old 2008-10-02, 15:01   Link #4208
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Yea she aimed the father remark at the earl !
Ah that's what i thought. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 2008-10-02, 15:10   Link #4209
Ultenth

Kinda weird to me that JUST as it finally gets picked up in the US it gets cancelled in Japan, LOL. Oh well, I think everyone understands they were getting too close, and didn't want to do what most shounen shows do with all the crappy special episodes, flashback episodes, and filler arcs, so I appreciate them not wanting to weaken the DGM experience by just taking what will hopefully just be a long break to give the manga time to get ahead again.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 15:33   Link #4210
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Kinda weird to me that JUST as it finally gets picked up in the US it gets cancelled in Japan
Canceled is defiantly the wrong word to use. More like stopped.
Old 2008-10-02, 15:45   Link #4211
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Yea but i don't think there is gonna be a season three ..because krory woke up a bit to early and something huge also
BTW the animation was perfect in this episode
Old 2008-10-02, 15:54   Link #4212
EphiamOricuna
Serpeant Of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ah that's what i thought. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
No, I think she aimed it at that new man we were introduced to. She was looking to him and talking, and he smiled when she said it. I know his name, but I'm not going to say it here.

Also, it's sad to see DGM go. The episode was great, and I shall eagerly await news on anything regarding a continuation of the Anime within the future. For now, though, the Manga will suffice.
EphiamOricuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 16:32   Link #4213
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Well they dashed throught manga chapters in order to finish it how they did using few (changed) scenes of few chapters ^^

Like they changed the Road scene reading about Allen... normaly they (noahs and earl) were talking about that in chapter 158 but they dashed very fast without many things...

But if you want to read manga after the anime ended then start from chapter 156 (and current last chapter is 173)
Wow, that's close. Thanks.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 17:07   Link #4214
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Oh come on, can't end here, I need to hear of season 3...
*crosses finger*
Hey, we can all hope =(
Old 2008-10-02, 17:27   Link #4215
Traece
:cool:

I'd expect a movie from D.Gray-Man. If not, movies. But anything could happen.

I like this anime. It was very enjoyable but at one point in time it became evident that this show was going NOWHERE.

D.Gray-Man is the pinnacle of incomplete stories. I thought the story was nice. It's a very wonderful series and it does some nice things. It sets a fantastic scene and progresses along wonderfully, but some time in the middle of what is referred to as the second season this show really began to die. I hate to say it, but things got really old and really pointless. Now we're at the end with the perfect setup for another season, and they throw, "Fin," in our faces.

So that leaves me to say that D.Gray-Man was a good anime, but it was left with the most horrendous and opening ending yet.

Pretty much they said: Excorcists are fools, they don't know anything.

The Mellenium Earl is all-powerful and can kill them off any time he wants.

Screw you fans.
Old 2008-10-02, 18:15   Link #4216
strategos

Well, I can't wait for the DVDS to reach the STATES. I really want to buy them.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 18:50   Link #4217
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiboy123 View Post
I've been thinking of marathoning D.Gray-man, and I think I will.

Does the anime stay true to the manga?
Throughout its total runtime the anime covered up to the end (or almost) of the sixteenth volume of the manga.

Besides, you're not the only who has planned to marathon all the D.Gray-man episodes.

Since 2004, it has become a tradition to me watching certain anime titles in October that fit the mood and atmosphere for the Halloween season, and D.Gray-man is one of them.

Last year's October, I rewatched the entire first season episodes within the month, and this year's October I'm rewatching all season two episodes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:21   Link #4218
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
They did had long breaks. Twice. During the water 7/sea train/ Enies lobbies. They were very close each time. Even with the 4 episodes of flashbacks and the 2 special episodes. They were too close to the manga. each break took around 2 to 4 months each.
No, that's not true. I follow OP weekly since 2004 and i can assure you that. Or you can check the airing dates here and see for yourself.

Again, the longest break OP ever had was 3 weeks long. The recap episodes doesn't count as "breaks", and still, it wasn't even a full month: 279-283, 2006-10-01 - 2006-10-29. That was due to the timeslot changing.
I have no idea from where you took the "2 specials" thing from.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:28   Link #4219
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

What i like about this kind of animes without romance / drama involved is that i can easily forget about them when they end, even if it isnt a conclusive ending. I feel the same about One piece, Bleach and Naruto... i really dont mind if they stop either of those or rush to a really bad ending since i never got too attached to either of the characters.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:31   Link #4220
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Need more D. Grayman!!!!!
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk